lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Do you think that this theory is true
I very much doubt Revan could be still alive 32 69.57%
Hell yeah, i agree with this idea, GO Revan ! 14 30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Jedi Master Revan
Rookie

NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!

I just found something in my brain that is very very exciting and i cudn't wait to type it down and share it with you guys :P.
Here it goes: Jedi mind powers is the main source of information for this thread

Think about force sensitivity then, think about attachment, now think about how Yoda reacted to the deaths of so many jedi in episode three and Revan's reaction to the death of so many people during the Mandalorian wars before he desided to be Darth Revan.
Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis. Revan is most likely still ALIVE, why do you ask?
well first of all Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection. Where ever they were,
However, there are cons to this idea, Revan and Yoda never knew the people as personally as Revan and Bastila felt for each other, when they felt a large ripple in the force due to mass slaughter.
The echo they felt in the force was due to a mass slaughter so how could Bastila sense Revan's death?
She would be able to sense it due to the forceful connection they had force wise and love wise.
However, you may argue that Revan and Bastila never felt the deaths of so many jedi on Dantooine, that's true to a certain point, infact Malak never killed all the jedi on Dantooine, he captured most of the jedi and brought them to the star forge, to fuel the start forge and to use them as healing stations for himself, he never let most of the jedi on Dantooine become on with the force, hence the fact Revan and Bastila never felt their deaths or apparent deaths in the force, there just were enough jedi dieing and becoming one with the froce for anyone so far away to feel it, unless they had a powerful connection, love, to one of the members on Dantooine at the time of the attack.
So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death? and i doubt anyone has the tech to replicate what the star forge did to Malak's captured jedi.

Am i right? i will update if i get anything wrong.
I am so pleased with this new thread :P.

FOR K.O.T.O.R AND FOR REVAN
Jedi Master Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
Why isn't there a "I hope Revan is dead just to piss off the fanboys" option?
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
reading these threads is making me like kotor less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I've really got no clue what you're going on about, but i'll try.

Quote:
Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis.
No.

Quote:
Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection. Where ever they were,
However, there are cons to this idea, Revan and Yoda never knew the people as personally as Revan and Bastila felt for each other, when they felt a large ripple in the force due to mass slaughter.
The echo they felt in the force was due to a mass slaughter so how could Bastila sense Revan's death?
Quote:
So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death?
Because he died after, or because she can't feel him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED
That boat sailed a while ago, I think.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
jrrtoken

I hope that there's a flashback in some future KotOR game that shows Revan being violently murdered. It would be nice to see BioWare destroying their own fanboy creation.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
agree.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 AM   #7
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
^Likewise, let's keep Revan's fate to the pros.

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I hope that there's a flashback in some future KotOR game that shows Revan being violently murdered. It would be nice to see BioWare destroying their own fanboy creation.
I'd buy the game just for that reason, stupid fanboys.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #9
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
I'd buy the game just for that reason, stupid fanboys.
AMEN.

Bioware deliberately set the story 300 years in the future to AVOID this. Revan is shrouded by mystery. Of course the new MMO will have side-quests and lore about him.
I will seriously learn to hack games when he is alive and a raid boss in the MMO. I will replace him with Austin Powers.

Leave the man alone. Fanboys destroyed him, imo.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Revan's dead, TPM is 4,000 years after TSL, Revan is dead; even Yoda couldn't live longer than 900.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #11
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Thank God I never read these threads, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
1/10, practice your trolling more.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
He could be alive, though he is most likely dead. :/

Note: I voted prematurely.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
Fredi
El Guapo

It has passed to much time for a human to live. He is dead my friend.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Last edited by Fredi; 12-24-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
He shouldn't die violently, it'll just make him a martyr to his fans, rather let him die stupidly (like being smashed by a speeder in KotOR3).
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

jedi master revan:

what you have is a good theory but here is a countering possibility:
bastila could have probably not felt it if revan died because the force may have been shrouded in darkness, with the jedi civil war, rise of the triumvirate, etc.
(remember, in time of the prequels, it was increasingly hard for the jedi to see into the force (have visions of the future etc) because of the growing darkness in the force... remember yoda: "Dark, It becomes...")

i like revan, and i really wanted a k3 featuring revan and the gangs from k1 and k2, but with this new mmo being set 300 years after k1, there is very little possibility of revan still being alive.
i think the only way we'll see any canonization of what revan is through a novel or something set in the kotor era. (i think there actually is one coming)
we'll probably find out what happened to revan and the exile in the old republic mmo.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon View Post
He shouldn't die violently, it'll just make him a martyr to his fans, rather let him die stupidly (like being smashed by a speeder in KotOR3).
Or dying of thirst

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
HK-47 Assassination

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #19
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master Revan View Post
I just found something in my brain that is very very exciting and i cudn't wait to type it down and share it with you guys :P.
Here it goes: Jedi mind powers is the main source of information for this thread

Think about force sensitivity then, think about attachment, now think about how Yoda reacted to the deaths of so many jedi in episode three and Revan's reaction to the death of so many people during the Mandalorian wars before he desided to be Darth Revan.

Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis. Revan is most likely still ALIVE, why do you ask?

well first of all Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection.
Okay.
Quote:
Where ever they were,
She would be able to sense it due to the forceful connection they had force wise and love wise.
Yes. And?

Quote:
However, you may argue that Revan and Bastila never felt the deaths of so many jedi on Dantooine, that's true to a certain point, infact Malak never killed all the jedi on Dantooine, he captured most of the jedi and brought them to the star forge, to fuel the start forge and to use them as healing stations for himself, he never let most of the jedi on Dantooine become on with the force, hence the fact Revan and Bastila never felt their deaths or apparent deaths in the force, there just were enough jedi dieing and becoming one with the froce for anyone so far away to feel it, unless they had a powerful connection, love, to one of the members on Dantooine at the time of the attack.
There are a lot of unknowns.

Wise to consider distance and revan's incapacitated state upon the leviathan.

Many jedi were probably captured and not killed.

So in order to go with what you claim, I'd have to assume revan never felt all those deaths due to the fact his past identity was erased, then shortly after the attack on dantooine his old life was put back into his mind--if only in fragments. Basty? I dunno.

While I guess this works (never thought about it before you brought it up), I cannot be sure.

Quote:
So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death? and i doubt anyone has the tech to replicate what the star forge did to Malak's captured jedi.

Am i right? i will update if i get anything wrong.
I am so pleased with this new thread :P.

FOR K.O.T.O.R AND FOR REVAN
Don' break your arm with all that patting.

OK, first off, though I am not an english major..... PUNCTUATION! Please???
I had a kind of hard time due to so many run-on sentences...

Secondly I do not think you have thought it through completely.

Are you saying revan--and possibly the exile were captured?
I suppose it *could* be.

Now that we have had our first look into TOR (reference to featured "first look" article in PC gamer last month), we know there is some 1000+ year old emperor of the true sith. TOR takes place 300 years later, long after Revan and the Exile would have long since died through the natural course of their lives.

Also, it is hinted at that this emperor turned revan and malak to the dark side. Then they were headed back to the known regions of the galaxy. There was one incident during which trip where Revan and Malak turned on each other. Presumably this is the incident where Malak's jaw was severed.

So a theory that Revan is still alive. Fine. Work on it a bit--maybe you could come up with a kotor 3 mod or something.

Honestly I think it best if we not know what happened to the exile or revan. We would need a third hero in any case.

(shrug)

EDIT: One last thing, maybe nobody had the technology that *we* know of. If you read "truce at bakura" by kathy tyers you will find that the Si'Ruuvi had some vile technology that was similar...or at least it sounded similar in that their ships used sentient life energy as a battery and they ran their ship with it. Though that took place starting a day after the end of ROTJ, but the technology sounds remarkably similar. I'm not at all sure the idea for the SF didn't come from this story.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 12-24-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: self apparent under edit...
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #20
Steve-O Kreesh
Rookie

Current Game: G.H. - Metallica
Revan is as dead as the Detroit Lions chances of winning one game.
Steve-O Kreesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #21
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I dont want a future for Revan unless I'm playing it, and I dont require that really, Revan is a playable, customizable, plot device not a person in history that can have a career after kotOR, canonizing him or writing him into a story you have no say in kinda makes kotOR irrelevant. Revan is currently doing what I say he is doing, as I iz him, as are you.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #22
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine
Quote:
Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis.
No.
Agreed. I have read enough about Karen Travis to know that she hates the Jedi and has a hot passion for all things Mandalorian.

Quote:
Agreed I will also included the Mandalorian fanboys.

Quote:
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
HK-47 Assassination
waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Revan is a playable, customizable, plot device not a person in history that can have a career after kotOR.
Agreed

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #23
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie

I am a Revan fanboy, but come on. I want to find out what has become of him, but I am busy wondering about it in my own mind while hoping for a KOTOR3 someday.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #24
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

He likely was alive during KOTOR II but he's certainly dead now. And the True Sith probably killed him.

Last edited by Non-false Jedi; 12-28-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #25
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
If there was any possibility of Revan still living, his body would be unidentifiable from constantly using the force just to hold it together in my opinion.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #26
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I have a question. Who really cares about whether or not Revan is dead or alive. I would rather wonder what the "True sith" are and what he is doing to prevent their coming from the Unknown Regions.

I have to agree. Hearing about Revan's apparent "fate" after the games just makes me like them less. It detracts from the wonder and mystery we all feel when we think about it

Also Kotor 3 is coming out already. As an MMO. It is up to Lucasarts if they want to make another single player RPG or just continue with this. But that is not the purpose of this thread. I apologize for detracting from the subject

Honestly in my opinion topics about Revan's history before and after the games are just there to please fanboys. It is much more satisfying to have Revan's history ambiguous. To keep a true roleplaying experience alive

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakataDark View Post
I have a question. Who really cares about whether or not Revan is dead or alive. I would rather wonder what the "True sith" are and what he is doing to prevent their coming from the Unknown Regions.

I have to agree. Hearing about Revan's apparent "fate" after the games just makes me like them less. It detracts from the wonder and mystery we all feel when we think about it

Also Kotor 3 is coming out already. As an MMO. It is up to Lucasarts if they want to make another single player RPG or just continue with this. But that is not the purpose of this thread. I apologize for detracting from the subject

Honestly in my opinion topics about Revan's history before and after the games are just there to please fanboys. It is much more satisfying to have Revan's history ambiguous. To keep a true roleplaying experience alive
As one of the fanboys you speak of, I hate threads about the history of Revan. They are essentially just garbage.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #28
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Tor takes place 300 years after the events of TSL. Revan, the Exile, etc..they are all dead. They better be... or do you really want to see TSL and Kotor's story line ruined by some MMO "storytelling"?
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #29
Lord Foley

Revan is one of the coolest characters ever. That's why he's dead- so it stays that way.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #30
Jedi Master Revan
Rookie

Ow i forgot to state guys that i am talking about Revan during K.O.T.O.R 2 and a few years after until K.O.T.O.R 3 will come out.

Astor Kain:
She would most certainly feel it, due to their force bond and personal connection, i haven't seen any link or info that could dissapprove of that, mind wiping or not.

Jonathan7:
Yoda never knew how to extend his life beyond his jedi yoda life span, only one jedi has lived longer than a thousands years and that jedi became a tree for almsot 5000 years ^^, although i can't fnd his name or remember it. Yoda was also prepared to die, as he foresaw that his contribution to the jedi and the galaxy had ended, and that it was time for luke skywalker to face destiny.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan:
bastila could have probably not felt it if revan died because the force may have been shrouded in darkness, with the jedi civil war, rise of the triumvirate, etc.
(remember, in time of the prequels, it was increasingly hard for the jedi to see into the force (have visions of the future etc) because of the growing darkness in the force... remember yoda: "Dark, It becomes...")

the darkness cannot shroud connections, you are talking of their powers to see the future and visions that were forced in anikin's mind from darth sidious, Yoda felt Mace Windu's death even before the mass slaughter and they had a strong connection with each other, and the sith were almost at the height of power during then, through sidious anyway, how would you explain that?

GTA:SWcity:
If the emperor turned Revan and Malak against the light and into the dark side, why didn't Malak foresee or even give any indicatin of any kind that he had an entire empire right behind him that could crush him at will, while he weakneded the republic, doing the dirty work, and the fact that he looked as if he didn't know about them or the emperor.
And thankyou for your compliments

I also agree that we may need a third hero e.g. Mandalore, Canderous in this case.

EDIT: One last thing, maybe nobody had the technology that *we* know of. If you read "truce at bakura" by kathy tyers you will find that the Si'Ruuvi had some vile technology that was similar...or at least it sounded similar in that their ships used sentient life energy as a battery and they ran their ship with it. Though that took place starting a day after the end of ROTJ, but the technology sounds remarkably similar. I'm not at all sure the idea for the SF didn't come from this story.[/B]

I think your talking about technology similar to the Yuuzhan Vong here.

And i haven't ahd the time to think it through completely the idea is under construction and i didn't even have the time to type that idea down, so sorry about the punctation, i hardly have time to finish this reply!

As for the lifespan of the exile and Revan, they could live beyond what you think their capable of, how do we know that the emperor isn't human? How do you think he preserved himself and why is he leaving a dark side council on Courasant.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #31
Xaris Vynn
Rookie

I hope it is not true,
Revan as the Sith Emperoror still alive ?
They say on the Official TOR site the emperor could use Force techniquies to extend his life.
Like I said I don't like the idea and hopefully is not where they are going with this!!
Just let Revan live a normal life span and die, it is bad enough they are doing this with the whole story line of Darth Krayt! Humans can only live so long, it does not matter how strong they are in the force!

Last edited by Xaris Vynn; 01-06-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Xaris Vynn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #32
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O Kreesh View Post
Revan is as dead as the Detroit Lions chances of winning one game.
Ouch, and true none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaris Vynn View Post
I hope it is not true,
They say on the Official TOR site the emperor could use Force techniquies to extend his life.
Like I said I don't like the idea and hopefully is not where they are going with this!!
Just let Revan live a normal life span and die, it is bad enough they are doing this with the whole story line of Darth Krayt! Humans can only live so long, it does not matter how strong they are in the force!
I don't like it either. It's like TOR is making Sith/Jedi out to be like Wilhelm from Xenosaga.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
Jedi Master Revan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaris Vynn View Post
I hope it is not true,
thats not possible the 'True Sith' emperor vanished during the hyperspace wars well when it ended, so Revan could not have been the emperor. How the thought of that force power is quite unimaginable and wasn't there a jedi on the front cover of a book healing a trooper who had a hole in his chest and was dead, perhaps she found the way? ( this book was set during the clone wars )If the emperor could find a way i am sure Revan and the Exile would be able to, maybe not the Exile, more like Revan due to his unique thirst for the knowledge of the force compared to the Exile.

Last edited by Jedi Master Revan; 01-11-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: adding on
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #34
Darca Lar
Forumite

I don't think we'll see any old faces. It's a fresh start for the TOR timeline, so I'm sure theres all new people.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:59 AM   #35
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
I don't think we'll see any old faces. It's a fresh start for the TOR timeline, so I'm sure theres all new people.
Well, some art seems to suggest that HK-47 will put in an appearance. I'm sure we'll have abundant references to the KotOR characters, though.

@Topic - Revan's dead, gone and done. And it'll probably be for the best. If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold - one which would drive me away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Emperor character unfolds - having him be an established character would be disappointing.

The 'components' of KotOR and TSL (Revan, Exile, Ebon Hawk) should be left alone for TOR to be a worthy addition - if it would adhere to the overarching 'dark threat from the Unknown Regions' storyline, and maybe give a few references to the old characters, their actions, perhaps their fates (but not Revan/Exile), it may be alright.

Last edited by SW01; 01-14-2009 at 05:34 AM.
SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #36
Jedi Master Revan
Rookie

SW01 please don't make me repeat it again even if it is a though, It is impossible for Revan to even be the sith emperor, he was either still training to be a Jedi at the time when the 'True Sith' emperor fled to the unknown regions, or he was still a kid waiting to be found, and the emperor that fled msut of had force training to be capable of sustaining his life and gather the remaining sith, i doubt that a liffle Revan could be the leader of the sith at that time and i doubt they would follow a seemingly harmless boy who has ot even taimed the force within him yet!
I think that HK-47 and T3-M4 will have a large part to play just like C3-P0 and R2-D2, also i get a hint that we might here Brianna the last of the handmaidens in it as she became a Jedi Librarian which i think was Atris's role as well.

As for Carth Onasi do you think he might have a part to play? i reckon when K.OT.O.R 3 actually does come out he might still be alive as i don't think it will be set more than a dozen years after K.O.T.O.R 2.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Dude...

spoiler:
There will be no KotOR 3. Get it?

I know that reality sucks, but you're just going to have to fall back down to Earth and deal with it like the rest of us.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #38
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold
Quote:
SW01 please don't make me repeat it again even if it is a though, It is impossible for Revan to even be the sith emperor, he was either still training to be a Jedi at the time when the 'True Sith' emperor fled to the unknown regions, or he was still a kid waiting to be found, and the emperor that fled msut of had force training to be capable of sustaining his life and gather the remaining sith, i doubt that a liffle Revan could be the leader of the sith at that time and i doubt they would follow a seemingly harmless boy who has ot even taimed the force within him yet!
Well, quite. The released plot states when the Emperor was about. That conflicts with Revan being alive. Not to mention it would make a nonense of the 'dark threat undercurrent of TSL. The point is that some seem to wish it, but it would be farcical.

On Brianna, Carth, et cetera - I believe their only 'appearance' will be in the form of a reference made to them by another character at some point, or perhaps brief cameo appearances in databanks or holocrons, as Bastila and Carth were in TSL. As for HK and T3, though the art for HK is there, surely he would have been seriously outclassed by the time of TOR's setting? Same with T3...

All the same, it would be nice for them to have a small role, seeing they are the only characters from the original that could reasonably still be alive.

And yes, as Qliveur said it must be emphasised that KotOR 3 as we all imagined it is not happening...

Last edited by SW01; 01-14-2009 at 11:17 PM.
SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #39
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
Dude...

spoiler:
There will be no KotOR 3. Get it?

I know that reality sucks, but you're just going to have to fall back down to Earth and deal with it like the rest of us.
Quoted for both Truth and Great Justice.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2009, 02:26 AM   #40
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Well, some art seems to suggest that HK-47 will put in an appearance. I'm sure we'll have abundant references to the KotOR characters, though.

@Topic - Revan's dead, gone and done. And it'll probably be for the best. If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold - one which would drive me away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Emperor character unfolds - having him be an established character would be disappointing.

The 'components' of KotOR and TSL (Revan, Exile, Ebon Hawk) should be left alone for TOR to be a worthy addition - if it would adhere to the overarching 'dark threat from the Unknown Regions' storyline, and maybe give a few references to the old characters, their actions, perhaps their fates (but not Revan/Exile), it may be alright.
There's no doubt that the droids seems to outlive all other characters in Star Wars, and for an old assassin droid like HK-47 to survive so long without getting destroyed by the many new models being created over a span of 300 years would be simply amazing.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!