lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Drewton's Skins
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #81
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
A Grievous reskin would be pretty awesome, but IMO I think you should finish either your awesome Darth Malak reskin and/or your epic TSLMIM...preferably the latter.

I'd also be willing to record videos for you alongside Trig. As people know, my vids have been pretty HD, but also choppy. Windows XP, Fraps, and a 1920x1080 HD screen with the maximum sets in TSL and KOTOR tend to do that. However, if you take out Windows XP and put in Windows 7 the frame rate is, what would be a good word...epic?

Anyway, PM if you would like to accept my offer. Oh, and the Starkiller reskin is pretty cool so far.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #82
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewton View Post
Daos300: Yeah, it will come with a jawless version. I'm going to try making the "mouth" more freaky as well...
Any chance you'll be adjusting Malak's sleeves like the previous posters suggested? The unadjusted sleeves with conjunction with your excellent reskinned torso just seems . . . off. No insult to your skinning intended.

Quote:
Here's something I just started working on - a Starkiller/Galen Marek head redo. Much better than my generic-looking first version from the first page. Mouth isn't right yet; this was the first time I tried it in-game.
Does anyone besides me think that Starkiller looks like the late Freddie Mercury (from Queen) with this mouth?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #83
lavosslayer
Lurker

Quote:
EDIT: Also, just wondering: with HK-47 now being able to weild lightsabers thanks to Khrizby's excellent mod, would anyone be interested in an HK-47 Grievous skin? It obviously wouldn't be perfect but I might be able to make it look good enough.
Actually if possible, an Anakin skin with robotic arm using the HK model would be sweet! Grevious would be cool too however getting the other two arms with no functionality might seem a bit gimmicky...

Last edited by lavosslayer; 08-29-2009 at 03:49 AM.
lavosslayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #84
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quote:
Does anyone besides me think that Starkiller looks like the late Freddie Mercury (from Queen) with this mouth?
I can sort of see what you mean. It kinda looks like Freddie in his last years when he didn't have the moustache. Not a huge resemblance, bet I can see why you'd say it.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #85
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
EDIT: Also, just wondering: with HK-47 now being able to weild lightsabers thanks to Khrizby's excellent mod, would anyone be interested in an HK-47 Grievous skin? It obviously wouldn't be perfect but I might be able to make it look good enough.
I hope you will try it at least. It would be awesome! Also, Starkiller's head is nice the mouth is a bit wierd thoough.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #86
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Nice work I LOVE your Malak skin keep it up

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #87
Drewton
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, TSL
Hey all.

No new updates right now, I'd just like to apologize not just for the delay in The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod, but for being gone for such an inexcusable amount of time without saying anything. It's been...what, a year now? That's really terrible.

I am not going to make any promises about anything since most of mine have failed in the past - I'd just like to say that I haven't been saying anything because I have been working on a slightly different project which I don't want to reveal until it's like 85-95% done. I've learned it's a bad decision to announce something right when I start working on it. Still, this mod is not dead, exactly to say without anything. I'll just say that I think (or hope) that you'll be even more impressed with what I have something coming up, which is an even bigger project. I'm trying to get the KotOR series up to the standards of Mass Effect 2.

TSLMIM is not dead and has never been dead, I am just taking a while working inbetween schoolwork and a few other projects.

In the meantime, before the end of the year, I hope to get a few skins up and some smaller character packs - including Commander Shepard and Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect.

Again, I don't want to make any promises, but watch this space in early 2011. If anyone could help with some minor UV mapping on existing models, that would be great.

Last edited by Drewton; 12-14-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Drewton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #88
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Drewton you're back! I can't believe it.

Though this is some exciting news.

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #89
Drewton
Rookie

Yes, and hopefully back for good.

If not, ban me and all my mods from Lucasforums and Filefront, LOL. :P
Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #90
Darth Elessar
Rookie

Wow; Those look like very amazing reskins.

Epic Moment
Not all who wander are lost…

Last edited by Darth Elessar; 12-14-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Typo
Darth Elessar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #91
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Drewton, could you at least release the Malak skin for TSL?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #92
Drewton
Rookie

SH, you mean the Jedi one?

I never got that one finished but it is on my to-do list, so I'll try to get that one up before the end of the year too.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #93
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Yes, the Jedi Malak.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #94
luc500
Rookie

Quote:
I'm trying to get the KotOR series up to the standards of Mass Effect 2.
What area of the KOTOR games are pushing towards ME2 standards? The graphics? If so, good luck!

luc500 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #95
Drewton
Rookie

Alright, saying sorry just doesn't cut it to anyone hoping for The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod - so some good news and bad news.

I haven't been working on the mod for about a year. I've been working on a film project, and even another mod which I'm not going to announce yet, but not TSLMIM. However, I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

All of these will be in one huge upload on KOTOR Files.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #96
Ogriv83
Rookie

Sorry to hear about TSLMIM but good luck with the movie.

However I am very excited about the big upload to KOTOR files.

Thank You
Ogriv83 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #97
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

Thanks for releasing what you have finished. So many have worked long on projects just to let them slip away. At least we'll get to use these things and your hard work will not have been for nothing.

Good luck on your film project, BTW!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #98
Drewton
Rookie

Yeah, all the skins will be free to use for anything. Mods, fanfilms. I might try doing a few touch-ups to some skins, now that most are two years old and I have Adobe Photoshop CS5. Many of these are going to be very much WIPs; for example, I only did a few parts of Mandalore's armor. I'll just say a target release for October 1, hopefully with some YouTube videos in between.

Thanks, on the film project. It's a Star Wars stopmotion-ish fanfilm shot in 1080p, I've almost got the first 10 min done. Film is what I really want to go into.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #99
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Thanks for releasing what you have finished. So many have worked long on projects just to let them slip away. At least we'll get to use these things and your hard work will not have been for nothing.
I agree. Sometimes it's better to see some of a modder's work, rather than none.

Quote:
Yeah, all the skins will be free to use for anything. Mods, fanfilms.
That's real generous of you. Thanks on behalf of many in the community

Quote:
I might try doing a few touch-ups to some skins, now that most are two years old and I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.
If you ever feel the need to flex those new CS5 muscles, you can always release a TSLMIM part 2 anytime you like

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #100
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Alright, saying sorry just doesn't cut it to anyone hoping for The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod - so some good news and bad news.

I haven't been working on the mod for about a year. I've been working on a film project, and even another mod which I'm not going to announce yet, but not TSLMIM. However, I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

You might want to try a different outlet considering KOTORFiles has been down for awhile...

or well not down, but no new files seem to ever show on the network. If possible, a filehosting website would be better - or you could always try out the DeadlyStream forums.

Either way, still cool to think about finally testing out that Sion skins ... yummy!

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #101
Drewton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
If you ever feel the need to flex those new CS5 muscles, you can always release a TSLMIM part 2 anytime you like
Heh...going through all these textures and testing them out in KotOR II again, I kind of feel inspired to, but to be honest I've been doing a lot of testing with the first KotOR and thinking there's better modding opportunities there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
You might want to try a different outlet considering KOTORFiles has been down for awhile...

or well not down, but no new files seem to ever show on the network. If possible, a filehosting website would be better - or you could always try out the DeadlyStream forums.
Yeah, I'm hopefully going to have it up on Deadly Stream and ModDB at least.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #102
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Great to hear your releasing this Drewton, and great to see you around again! Some great work there! Interested to see what you've done with the Telos skybox...

Quote:
Two of the three severs are down, so you have to refresh several times otherwise the site defaults back to March sometime. Download links have also been sporadically down over the last month as and when I've checked; Our staff log-ins don't work; So we have to use a central admin account...

All of which is to say, for me at least the above doesn't encourage me to be massively enthusiastic over uploading mods when things often go wrong for me when trying to review a mod Or when trying to get Revenge of Revan up it's proven impossible; every method I can think of doesn't work, and even if I did, downloads may not work, and it would only show up on on server.

Normally I wouldn't post this in public, but while I think DI and Shem are awesome, and wouldn't want to upset them, the higher ups at filefront, well lets just say that's a different story.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #103
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Film project?

I like film projects

Hope you are doing well Drewton, and glad you have come back around! If your production needs a gaffer..... I am ready to go international

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #104
Phildevil

Does that mean we'll also get the awesome game menus you did?
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #105
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

I agree with Phil. Well... I mean.. I second his question... to which... er...

Let's put it this way: You could release any and/or every skin in this WIP here and we'd be happy forever and ever.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #106
Drewton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Film project?

I like film projects

Hope you are doing well Drewton, and glad you have come back around! If your production needs a gaffer..... I am ready to go international
LOL, thanks man. I've spent over $2000 on it so far, hoping it will be pretty groundbreaking for a fanfilm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Does that mean we'll also get the awesome game menus you did?
Yes, the launcher and main menu will be featured, although minus silver buttons!

Quote:
I agree with Phil. Well... I mean.. I second his question... to which... er...

Let's put it this way: You could release any and/or every skin in this WIP here and we'd be happy forever and ever.
Thanks Varsity! Your own mods are awesome. I've used them for a while.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, so I'll just say prepare to be disappointed. Most of the reskins didn't go beyond the concept stage and even reskins like Darth Sion are a mess. The Sith Lords...not so massive improvement mod. The best part of the mod will be Peragus probably.

Show spoiler
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #107
Phildevil

Dammit! There are so much peragus reskins it becomes hard to choose lol. What with Canderis's darker Peragus, and both of Xarwarz's reskins.

Last edited by Phildevil; 09-28-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #108
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Quote:
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, so I'll just say prepare to be disappointed. Most of the reskins didn't go beyond the concept stage and even reskins like Darth Sion are a mess. The Sith Lords...not so massive improvement mod. The best part of the mod will be Peragus probably
Well, I already plan to add a shoulder pad and those implants into Sion, so.. with your permission, I may have to make some minor adjustments to that skin... with your permission of course

Old 09-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #109
Drewton
Rookie

Of course. That was always something I always wanted to add but could never do myself.

Also, just doing some testing with KotOR 1...

Show spoiler

EDIT: Okay, so I forgot to copy the shiny TXI file over for one texture on Nar Shaddaa. But the semi-transparent effect was kind of cool. :P

Show spoiler

On another note, it was extremely hard to make that place look good and one of the reasons I gave up. Same texture used for the walls and floors in nearly every part of Nar Shaddaa.

I am definitely getting back into modding.

Last edited by Drewton; 09-22-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #110
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Well, I already plan to add a shoulder pad and those implants into Sion, so.. with your permission, I may have to make some minor adjustments to that skin... with your permission of course
I'm glad you're taking a crack at that. If I had more time, I'd try it out, just to get some more modelling practice. But, since you're on the job, I'm sure Sion's in better hands

Quote:
I am definitely getting back into modding.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #111
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
LOL, thanks man. I've spent over $2000 on it so far, hoping it will be pretty groundbreaking for a fanfilm.
In that case, here's a pro-tip:
A 4' x 4' piece of fibercore or foamcore, black on one side white on the other, which you can buy at an art supply or even some Target stores, can be your best lighting friend.

It is used to "bounce" light. We call it a bounce, in this case a 4x4 bounce, and might cost $5. I know your budget is tight, but this can help you with key lighting, as well as just taking your level up enough stop in some spots to help you out lens-wise.

Glad that you are sharing your goodies with the community, your skins were truly a Massive Improvement!

Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #112
Drewton
Rookie

Quote:
In that case, here's a pro-tip:
A 4' x 4' piece of fibercore or foamcore, black on one side white on the other, which you can buy at an art supply or even some Target stores, can be your best lighting friend.

It is used to "bounce" light. We call it a bounce, in this case a 4x4 bounce, and might cost $5. I know your budget is tight, but this can help you with key lighting, as well as just taking your level up enough stop in some spots to help you out lens-wise.

Glad that you are sharing your goodies with the community, your skins were truly a Massive Improvement!
Thanks a lot for the tip, I'll definitely try this. I'm trying a lot of dynamic lighting and also to have as little post-color grading as possible. And I already use foamcore for sets. So I take it you want to become a professional film gaffer?

This is weird...testing out the Telos polar plateau and the "Frame Buffer" effect seems to automatically add a blue glow to the snow and the skybox. It would be a nice effect but it gets way too extreme. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix this.

The "square" of snow on the right also shows how lo-res it used to be in comparison (it will be fixed for release).

Last edited by Drewton; 09-22-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #113
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the tip, I'll definitely try this. I'm trying a lot of dynamic lighting and also to have as little post-color grading as possible. And I already use foamcore for sets. So do you want to become a professional film gaffer?
See my IMDB Page. Lighting is how I make my cheese

The difference in the quality of snow texture on the image on the right is remarkable, as is the clarity and quality of the mountainscape in the background. The frame buffer effect is unfortunate, and may indeed be out of your control, unless it can be controlled by a .2da tweak somewhere?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #114
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Quote:
I'm glad you're taking a crack at that. If I had more time, I'd try it out, just to get some more modelling practice. But, since you're on the job, I'm sure Sion's in better hands
What are you talking about? You should know that wherever I start working on a new model, I'm always going to need someone to make a skin.... *hint hint*

As for that blue glow, I think it happens when you have an area of the texture that is too white. I remember making something super white in the xbox version and it had that same blue glow. (I mention the xbox version only because it has the pixel shading effects, my PC's graphics card won't render it).

So yeah, I don't know it darkening those really white areas will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #115
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
About your issue with floors and walls using the same textures, i can teach you how to add more textures to an existing model. If your interested.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #116
Drewton
Rookie

Quote:
See my IMDB Page. Lighting is how I make my cheese
Woah. That's awesome.

If I become a director like I hope to I'll definitely get you a job for my films.

Quote:
As for that blue glow, I think it happens when you have an area of the texture that is too white. I remember making something super white in the xbox version and it had that same blue glow. (I mention the xbox version only because it has the pixel shading effects, my PC's graphics card won't render it).

So yeah, I don't know it darkening those really white areas will help or not, but it's worth a shot.
Yeah, you're right. I'll give it a try, although I don't want to ruin it by making it too dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
About your issue with floors and walls using the same textures, i can teach you how to add more textures to an existing model. If your interested.
That would be a HUGE help!

Working on some more KotOR reskinning right now as well as the Darth Sion skin. It looks great in combat, but terrible in cutscenes. The low close-up camera angle used for Sion isn't very forgiving.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #117
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: TOR, Pokemon X
YES!!!! It is so nice to see you back here.

I'm really excited for the KotOR stuff. I have seen all of you other work so I know that the KotOR reskinning will be awesome.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #118
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Nice to see you around, Drewton!

If I can ask, how far did you get with your GUI edits? I seem to remember when this mod was new-ish you were working on changing the health/FP metres, and suchlike.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #119
Drewton
Rookie

Hey, sorry it's been a couple of weeks everyone. My sister was visiting from the US (I live in Canada).

Anyway, back to filming and modding now. I'm almost done a hi-res redo of the Darth Sion skin...a massive improvement.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #120
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Even better than before? I can't wait to see it!

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Drewton's Skins