The JediMasters is a total conversion mod which adds an all new chapter to the Old Republic story. It is designed to work with TSL.
- A total conversion of TSL to a whole new game. Thanks to the likes of the TOR MMORPG messing with my story, it now takes place in an 'alternate story' universe, and acts as a sort of Kotor3.
- A full new storyline spanning Seven planets and several smaller space stations and ships.
- A gameplay time over ten hours
- Five all new characters to join your party. Three returning.
- The remaining two party members are for your two apprentices. After a certain point in the game, you will be able select your padawans from a choice of Four. You will be able to train them and either guide them towards the light, or lure them to the dark side.
- An all new ship, the Eagle, which also comes with some fun new features.
- A choice of 32 new PCs, male and female.
- Two ending, LS and DS.
"From the ashes of the Sith Triumvirate's devastation, a broken peace has arisen. A panicked senate, who feared the likes of Darth Nihlilus's power once again returning, have outlawed the Jedi. Following this act with increasingly tighter restrictions and curfews, the citizens slowly began to revolt.
Their faith in the Republic shattered, the people have split into five great factions ; Those who remained with the Republic senate, those who found safety with the corporate security of Czerka, those who succumbed to the lure of the Exchange, those of metal who found their savior in the newly self proclaimed Droid Overlord, and those who settled for the enigmatic promises of the mysterious faction which simply named itself 'The Company'.
Although the factions keep to their borders, tensions are forever increasing between them. The outlying Republic world of Telos now officially fully restored, both Droid and company factions fear it as a staging ground for an attack by the ambitious Supreme Chancellor Cressa. Rumors are abound that both the Exchange and Czerka are abusing their people, and all are concerned about the mass production of War Droids taking place on the second moon of M4-78.
Amongst all this, a lone doctor (you), who's true motivations are unclear, has taken it upon themselves to find a man named Revan who might once again unite the galaxy before all finally turns to war. On the advice of a Mandalorian warrior named Canderous Ordo, they set out to establish a truce between the Republic, the Droids, and the company, and to lead all three and their resources into the unknown regions.
Little do they know, that in finding the last location of the legendary Jedi general, they will unleash upon the people an enemy more deadly than they have ever seen. A group of Dark Force users who consider themselves the 'True Sith', which the general has held at bay on the rim of the galaxy for over a decade.
As the true threat returns, Revan must once again unite the five factions under one flag, before all of them face destruction. Beyond this, with the help of his old friends, the doctor, and their party of followers, he must break the will of the chancellor and disobey the laws of the senate. He must unite the protectors of the galaxy away from their hiding. He must unite The JediMasters."
Things to note :
- Most dialogue does not come with a sound file. This is not a bug so much as a choice. There are 164 sound files in this game, and that's probably about a months work in it's self. The full mod includes over two thousand lines of dialogue. I'll let you do the math.
- One part I haven't had time to test 100% is the recruitment of your apprentices. I recommended saving before you 'proposition' them just in case.
- I've tried to avoid giving you the ability, but don't sell an datapads you get.
- The high resolution of the FMV movies seems to be a problem for some computers. I am unsure of how to solve this problem, feel free to PM me with suggestions. If you have the problem and still want to play, you can always disable movies in the configure settings.
- One thing I haven't been able to get around is the Nihilus/Visas Marr entrance movie starting up when you get far enough towards the light or dark sides. You can either just ignore it, watch the movie when it plays, or remove 'ScnMov01' from C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Movies
I just played the mod. It was cool! Well, I didn't finish Dxun yet, but... (possible spoilers)
i must say, I didn't like beginning movie. No offence it just didn't look good (oh well, I don't think I could make it better ).
Things on Republic starship was pretty cool. But why didn't Wookie have a voice (he's talking in his language anyway so what was a problem?), and Twi'lek doesn't have any lipsynch? At least 'history lesson' was really funny. I love it man heh.
Onderon. Conversation between Bastila and HK-47 was awesome (master stealer! )
Cutscenes. Camera angles are often very terrible, it shows trough walls sometimes. It doesn't look good, I'd say more, it looks bad. Any chanse for patch to fix\change it?
Voice thing is sometimes annoying. I know recording would take really long, but it looks bad when sometimes VOs are there, but there's no VO in next line. Also, it's often hard to read entire text (for me, at least) and sometimes I had to load previous save to make sure what they said...
And one more thing about camera, sometimes it's really hard to say who is talking now when camera shows entire module.
(spoilers ends here)
Anyway, I am really enjoying the mod so far. For now I'm a bit confused as I don't really know what's going on, but hopefully it'll be better later in mod (will it?). As I said, I'm still on Dxun.
I'll tell more once I will play more. But it's really good man! I'd love to get more mods like that.
EDIT: I'm getting little problem. How do I enter tomb in Duxn? Door are closed, I believe I was everywhere, and still I have no idea what to do. Help?
By the first sight of this game I see some minor faults like the dialogue missing but all in all it's great. (And this comes from a guy with NO-knowledge of modding so I have actually nothing to say modding wise)
Last edited by Will O' The Wisq; 02-13-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Trex, I'm sure you know this, but your home forum on your site isn't working at them moment, I'm getting an error. i went there to update a bug report that I had posted.
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145) 
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Just thought that might help you.
I also got the "invalid data" thing with the movies, even though the others all worked, including the optional music one. Am also re-downloading. I'll let you know how it goes.
Man, this looks so cool . . . I accidentally came across the [WIP] thread just a few days ago. It was really something to randomly hit it right before it came out. I'M SO EXCITED! I've watched the teaser and full trailer a billion times already. (I tend to do that. I watched one of the trailers for The Two Towers for two hours straight one night. Then forty-five minutes straight the next night. I don't get sick of things I love. And I never get enough of them.)
Really, this looks epic.
Re-downloading also worked for me! ^_________________________^
Really, I wonder why this problem keeps occurring, for different people too . . . If it were a corrupted file, why should it work the second time?
Nobody's going to hear from *me* for the next few hours . . .
"I want to see how your green ideals would change the country that was built up by that King Bradley, who doesn't even fear God." —Arakawa Hiromu, Fullmetal Alchemist
I prefer to look on the future as something which is not written in stone. —Star Trek: The Next Generation
'So that is the King of Rohan!' said Pippin in an undertone. 'A fine old fellow. Very polite.' —J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings Remember: Pink drummer bunnies are fascist. And may Pepsi fill your soul.
Last edited by Aliryn; 02-09-2009 at 03:29 PM.
I see a lot of potential in this mod. it feels like it's quite unfinished at the moment IMO I hope you will work on it some more. by the by I feel like star wars and tron had fraternal twins one was a guy and one was a girl and then they mated and that was where you gotthe idea for the reskin of the base beneath the jekk jekk tarr.
There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.