lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Badge recommendations / nominations - Read the first post!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #161
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Second for Q.

And I assumed D3 already had those badges. If not, I second her for both of them. She was the absolute most assistance out of anyone in HL even back in 2004 when she was still just a member.

_EW_
She has Forum Veteran, Helpful, Mod contest winner, and LF staffer. She has the display option turned off, however. You can see what badges she has in her profile by clicking the 'badges' tab.

Edit: If you're wondering why no action is taken on some people, please re-read the first post. That will usually explain everything for you. The prime reasons for not handing one out is no one's seconded the motion, the nominee's name isn't spelled correctly, or there are no links for us to look at to evaluate the recommendation. The other reason we don't get to it immediately is we've been busy keeping you all out of trouble in other parts of LFN, or we all-volunteer staff have had an attack of Real Life.

Psyk0Sith, Qliveur, Darth333, TriggerGod, and oldflash's recommendations have been brought to the staff. Emperor Devon is not currently eligible to receive any badges.

Badges given out within the last few weeks:
Ten year veteran!: Nute Gunray
Forum Veteran: GonkH8er, Thrik, EnderWiggin, mimartin, stingerhs
Roleplayer: stingerhs, CommanderQ

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 07-02-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #162
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Edit: If you're wondering why no action is taken on some people, please re-read the first post. That will usually explain everything for you. The prime reasons for not handing one out is no one's seconded the motion, the nominee's name isn't spelled correctly, or there are no links for us to look at to evaluate the recommendation. The other reason we don't get to it immediately is we've been busy keeping you all out of trouble in other parts of LFN, or we all-volunteer staff have had an attack of Real Life.
Wait, I don't understand. Are nominations, both seconded by another member and provided with evidence by the OP, completely irrelevant for the Jester and Notable Contributor badges when it goes to staff, and are solely based on staff decision alone? Wouldn't that mean that there would still have to be a public nomination in this thread, along with links and and others seconding the nomination?

If that is so, then there's a number of both Jester and Notable Contributor badges which haven't been publicly nominated, or even seconded with evidence provided, for that matter.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #163
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderQ View Post
I would like to recommend Jedi_Man, Chevron 7 Locke, Ataris, and ForeverNight, for their A on the successful RP, Zombie's Walk.

They did an excellent job, and made the thread a great success
I have to second that. It was a very successful RP which I took the time to read seeing that I'm in the second one. The posts were well crafted and they all worked well together.
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #164
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Wait, I don't understand. Are nominations, both seconded by another member and provided with evidence by the OP, completely irrelevant for the Jester and Notable Contributor badges when it goes to staff, and are solely based on staff decision alone? Wouldn't that mean that there would still have to be a public nomination in this thread, along with links and and others seconding the nomination?
No, they're not irrelevent--we'll use them in the threads, and it's impossible for staff to know every sngle person here. Your nominations are going to continue to be very important in bringing deserving people to our attention.

Quote:
If that is so, then there's a number of both Jester and Notable Contributor badges which haven't been publicly nominated, or even seconded with evidence provided, for that matter.
Right. We know that. That's part of the reason why we're making some of these changes. Some of the people who received the badges when they first came out were obviously deserving and didn't need much discussion. There was also a lot of staff discussion about the badges when we first gave them out, and people's names came up through that route.

This is a new venture for the staff, too. We're learning through this process as issues come up. I ask that you please have patience when we make changes. They aren't done lightly or without staff discussion.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 07-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #165
gsusfrk
Rookie

Current Game: COD:WAW and KOTOR II
Quote:
She has Forum Veteran, Helpful, Mod contest winner, and LF staffer. She has the display option turned off, however. You can see what badges she has in her profile by clicking the 'badges' tab.
So Darth333's humble, then? I like that. I apologize for the unnecessary nomination; I should have done some better research.

gsusfrk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #166
Jae Onasi

We have exciting, major, old school news coming soon. Stay tuned here for more info!!

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #167
jrrtoken

Quote:
We have exciting, major, old school news coming soon. Stay tuned here for more info!!
I suppose this has nothing to do with badge recommendations, no?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #168
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
you certainly sound like some over-excited LA employee who will be announcing something "EXCITING AND MAJOR" on monday and has been dropping hints all weekend.

...now that I think about it...
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #169
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
I suppose this has nothing to do with badge recommendations, no?
You would be wrong.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #170
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Are you getting rid of all badges except for the ones that were already given out?

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #171
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
Are you getting rid of all badges except for the ones that were already given out?
No, because that would not be exciting. That would whizz people off.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #172
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
So how long are you going to make us wait until this "big news"?

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #173
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
No, because that would not be exciting. That would whizz people off.
It would be exciting if you gave us one week between the announcement and the change to get those badges before it's too late.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #174
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
Are you getting rid of all badges
As tempting as that might be...

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #175
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I nominate Rhett for the Helpful Badge.
http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?...14&postcount=2

This solved a network connundrum for me since my network skills are not as stellar as they should be...and he wasn't even addressing me in that post!
(Instruction manuals are not as helpful as they ought to be.)

Here's to you Rhettski!
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #176
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'll second that.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #177
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I'd like to nominate Tysyacha for the role-player's badge. Tysch has contributed many wonderful Rps to the Dantooine theatre company and recently finished one.

The posts she makes are always entertaining and her portrayal as a corrupted Bastila was perfectly executed in my opinion.

And here are a few examples of the posts.

Star Wars: Fugatives

Check Posts 1 and 360. The first and second to last page.

Tysch also came up with an excellent ending to the Rp.

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 01-10-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #178
jrrtoken

DarthStoney for the Veteran Modder badge; his contributions to Holowan are innumerable, and has shown plenty of enough talent with M4-78 and now TSLRCM.

I suppose that the same badge can be awarded to zbyl2 as well, with his contributions to TSLRCM coupled his own restoration projects that he's completed.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #179
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I second both nominations. Stoney and zbyl2 have both worked tirelessly to improve and restore TSL and both deserve recognition and high praise.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 09-26-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #180
Stream
Damn...

Current Game: Fable 3
Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
I third Stoney and zbyl2 for the same reasons.

Stream is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #181
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
DarthStoney for the Veteran Modder badge; his contributions to Holowan are innumerable, and has shown plenty of enough talent with M4-78 and now TSLRCM.

I suppose that the same badge can be awarded to zbyl2 as well, with his contributions to TSLRCM coupled his own restoration projects that he's completed.
Badges have been awarded to both of them.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #182
Astor
It's Thornhill!

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I would like to suggest Revan_Malak for a 'helpful' badge, for his excellent signature work in the Republic Commando forums, and for being very friendly while doing so.

Some examples - here, here, here and here.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #183
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
I would like to suggest Revan_Malak for a 'helpful' badge, for his excellent signature work in the Republic Commando forums, and for being very friendly while doing so.
I'll happily second that - I've enjoyed seeing RM's work for quite a while, and he's been most helpful (and enthusiastic) in providing me with personalised signatures.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #184
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Awarded!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #185
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
I think that the Veteran Modder badge ought to be awarded to stoffe, Darth333, RedHawke, ChAiNz.2da, Darkkender, deathdisco, gameunlimited, Talchia, oldflash, T7Nowhere, Prime, tk102, Shem, and svösh, of course.

Someone should probably be nominated for the Veteran Fan-fic Author badge, and off the top of my head, Jae Onasi, Bee Hoon, JediMaster12 and machievelli are all eminently eligible.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #186
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
I think that the Veteran Modder badge ought to be awarded to stoffe, Darth333, RedHawke, ChAiNz.2da, Darkkender, deathdisco, gameunlimited, Talchia, oldflash, T7Nowhere, Prime, tk102, Shem, and svösh, of course.

Someone should probably be nominated for the Veteran Fan-fic Author badge, and off the top of my head, Jae Onasi, Bee Hoon, JediMaster12 and machievelli are all eminently eligible.
I'll second ALL of those - I've used and enjoyed mods from all of those mentioned, and the friendly help and advice provided by the last four goes a long way in improving the work of many a writer, and I can't imagine the CEC without them.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #187
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:

I third the above, and also would add Achilles, Darth Insidious, Doc Valentine (Gsccc), Mono_Giganto and Quanon for the Veteran Modder awards, they are all still active, are helpful, have pushed KotOR modding forward and written tutorials.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #188
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I third the above, and also would add Achilles, Darth Insidious, Doc Valentine (Gsccc), Mono_Giganto and Quanon for the Veteran Modder awards, they are all still active, are helpful, have pushed KotOR modding forward and written tutorials.
In that case, I'll second those recommendations too.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #189
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I fourth Darth Insidious recommendations and third J7 recommendations.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-13-2009 at 01:37 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #190
Jeff

All nominations have been awarded!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #191
jrrtoken

Don't know if this has been looked over or denied, buuuuuut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?...14&postcount=2

This solved a network connundrum for me since my network skills are not as stellar as they should be...and he wasn't even addressing me in that post!
(Instruction manuals are not as helpful as they ought to be.)

Here's to you Rhettski!
and then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
I'll second that.
In any case, I third.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #192
Astor
It's Thornhill!

^Fourthed.

Last edited by Astor; 10-23-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #193
Wolfskin75
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2: tsl
I would like to nominate Rtas Vadum for the Helpful! Badge. I am new here and Rtas Vadum has helped me on numerous occasions. Most importantly I think that Rtas Vadum did not always tell what I wanted to hear but the "correct" info. I am very thankful to have a forum like this with such nice and accepting people. Thank you all.
Wolfskin75 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #194
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity
View Post
That was long overdue IMHO. Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfskin75
I would like to nominate Rtas Vadum for the Helpful
Agreed!
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #195
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfskin75 View Post
I would like to nominate Rtas Vadum for the Helpful! Badge. I am new here and Rtas Vadum has helped me on numerous occasions. Most importantly I think that Rtas Vadum did not always tell what I wanted to hear but the "correct" info. I am very thankful to have a forum like this with such nice and accepting people. Thank you all.
I second this nomination.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #196
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I'd like to nominate Te Mirdala Mand'alor in the Jester Badge category for his humorous blog post and for being a funny person in general.

Quote:
And I happen to be the most Veteran Fanfic author of them all, I was writing a blockbuster fanfic of questionable quality while y'all were still feeling your way around the shiny new KotOR forums. >:/ Somebody nominate me or I'll write a sequel to Jaden Korr - Darth Qollous!

Last edited by Sabretooth; 12-09-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #197
Hooper

i nominate hockey for "Helpful! Badge"!

Carbonite Modders Projects
Current Project: ARC Trooper MOD
Current version: BETA v3.1
Hooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #198
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
I second this. He has been very helpful for many new users in the RC forums.
When Carbonite Modders finishes the ARC mod, I just might nominate him for a veteran modders badge.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #199
Gamma097
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
I do too.

Join Carbonite Modders | Carbonite Modders Site | ARC Trooper Mod Updates
If you would like to voice a character in the ARC Trooper Mod, please send me a private message, and I'll see what I can do.
If you have any Mandalorian songs like Vode An, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, or Gra'tua Cuun on your MP3 or computer, paste this to your signature.
Gamma097 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #200
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
well i changed my name from hockey to hockeygoalie35 so thats who they're talkin about. thanks for the nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > Badge recommendations / nominations - Read the first post!