lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: List of Ahto Imperial appointments: complaints
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #161
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
Pubicly humiliate him by gaining up on him. Its also not very adult. You want to discredit him in public, so others can jump in and hammer on him. Look at the last few posts. Its already happened.
As I said before, I wouldn't allow any other staff members to rush in and gang up on him. This wouldn't be the first time I've disagreed and stood apart from the other staff either.

From what's being suggested, the staff can't be trusted... but then you want the staff to do something about this. At some point you guys are going to have to put the spotlight on the people who have done all these wrongs and it's going to take naming them and exactly what they've done wrong.

...otherwise, we can continue talking about conspiracies and maybe start our own X-Files while we're at it.

Lynk Former is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #162
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
Do you really mean that? I have your word?
You have my word. It wouldn't be the first time I've gone up against other staff members.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #163
True_Avery
Banned

Why does everyone assume we are out to get them?

You ask us to do things, but then you turn around and don't trust a single one of us.

We don't plot "heh heh, who do we get to ban next"

Let me make this perfectly clear: We hate this drama, and would like nothing more than peace between the parties. Problem is, everyone seems to assume we are some highly organized big brother figure that is out to get all of you.

We have had staff leave recently due to overpressure from other staff and members because the barrier between the members and staff is being widened by both sides. They did not leave because of new staff. Not because of any 1 member.

We do this for free, and we try to stay organized on a spread out Star Wars/Lucas Arts forum.

You give us waaaay too much credit. Most of this paranoia comes from fundamental misunderstanding after misunderstanding on how the staff works.

It is a misnomer to call us a "staff" in the first place to be brutally honest. We're not organized, together, informed, etc enough to be one ruling entity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur
Do you really mean that? I have your word?
Half the reason things have gotten so bad is the members are so paralyzed with unjustified fear that we get no feedback other than "you suck" anymore.

{snip}If you have a problem, give us feedback on the problem.

A lot of the reason why I notice people are angry is because they have wrapped their feedback up in an unreasonably, and downright insulting manner. How do you expect us to answer "Well, I wont talk because they are after me" with an appropriate answer?

And, while we are being honest with each other: Those of you who are just ticked off because they acted inappropriately in Kavars and got reprimanded and are now taking it out on the staff...

Get over it. Its just an internet forum.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #164
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
q for having the courage to name names i bestow this award upon you

fight the power bro

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #165
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
You have my word. It wouldn't be the first time I've gone up against other staff members.
I believe you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjølen View Post
Jae likes to censor an unholy amount of data.
She certainly likes to censor me while she lets certain others be as offensive as they please. And they are offensive. The entire "Ahto Presidency" schtick was nothing more than a taunt aimed at me and every other member who has been visibly chafing under their obnoxious behavior. It was disguised as a "satire" for deniability purposes. I guess that they decided to regurgitate it to make their point. Again. And what's their point? That they rule this place.

I have no proof of this and so I pretty much thought it was pointless to name names or to mention anything about it at all. But since I'm about to quit the forum (which is, of course, what they wanted in the first place), I guess I might as well be a rat, which I hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
{snip} argh!
Excuse me?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Darth333; 02-17-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Moderation...I;m sure it's in the dictionary...
Q is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #166
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
see PM - d3

Last edited by Darth333; 02-17-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Engouh! Off-topic...this is about badges...
Yar-El is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #167
Q
The one who knocks

@T_A: I've never threatened anyone, and you just called me a liar, which, in spite of all of my other rather glaring faults, I most certainly am not.

But thank you for making it clear in a very public manner that you have no business being a mod.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 02-17-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Q is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #168
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
I love this picture and that's all I have to say at the moment.

tk102 is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #169
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
(1) When moderators defend their friends, how do the others confront them about the issues.

[Empl - Jae Onasi has a habit of sticking up for Emporer Devon, jmac, and EnderWiggin. People report their posts, and Jae Onasi seems to come to their rescue. She gives them a slap on the wrist, and then they are sent on their way. Example I - She closed the thread, told people she would take care of the issue, and then nothing else was said about what happened. J7 also said he would help, but there was no evidence of any infractions or bans. Why? - See reported posts.

(2) How does a moderator deal with a one-lined friend who seeks out to bait and flame people?

[exmpl - Jae Onasi defends EnderWiggin and jmac on more than one ocassion due to their one-lined posts being reported as baiting or flaming. How are they able to stick around when they keep baiting people? Jae? How many infractions do they have?]
Example II - They were trying to tag team the forumite, and no one said anything.

I used the same example twice.

(3) How does a moderator defend a friend who is insentisitve to a minor?

[exmpl - Jae Onasi defends Emporer Devon again? Solution: slap on hand, and deletion of post?] See reports for this: - Example III - Jae deletes Devon's insensitive post, but he gets away with it? Why? Jae?

(4) TK102 makes a joke during a serious discussion. He is mocking people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
I love this picture and that's all I have to say at the moment.
yeh it's pretty boss

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #170
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Wait, I've made jokes during this thread too... A LOT of them. If TK is on the list, I should be there too.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #171
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
@T_A: I've never threatened anyone, and you just called me a liar, which, in spite of all of my other rather glaring faults, I most certainly am not.
I did not mean for my post to be directed at you personally.

For clarification, I am speaking of rumors being passed around saying things like "TK left because J7 was made a staff member", "the mods are working against the conservatives", and others being passed through pms, profiles, posts, etc.

I apologize as it was an inappropriate comment.

And in spite of all of my glaring faults, I am not out to get any of you and as far as I know, nobody else in the staff is either.

And by "you" I mean anybody reading the post. Not you directly Quiv. I apologize for the mix up in language.

I apologize if my directness if coming across as being incredibly rude, but in all honesty I don't want you to leave and I don't believe anyone else does. That thread was made to make a joke out of a joke contest to lighten the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El
[exmpl - Jae Onasi came to the rescue of Emperor Devon when he harrassed a forumite, and another admin had also spoken to him. Somehow he is still sticking around?
My Visitor Messages - See all reported posts
ED has been banned. For proof, all you have to do is look at his profile. I would know as I gave him the ban personally.

Jae and J7 try their best, but it seems no matter what they do they cannot please everyone. They work a thankless job in a forum that is ripping itself apart right now.

Quite frankly, if you hate it so much the Senate is only a few clicks away. Kavars exists to be highly modded, and I understand if Senate would be a better environment.

Personally, I don't post in or read Kavars any longer.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #172
Yar-El
Banned

According to Thrik and jae, Emporer Devon comitted sexual harassment on more than one ocassion. Why is he still here?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #173
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
He isn't.

You'd know that if you didn't ignore every post that doesn't jive with your allegations.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #174
Yar-El
Banned

Hes been banned for 3 days, 1 hour.

Thanks for letting us know, I almost forgot.

~9

Last edited by Rogue Nine; 02-17-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ;D
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #175
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
No that's when his ban expires, he's been banned for like a month or something.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #176
Q
The one who knocks

Well, I never thought that I'd ever live to see "Emperor Devon" and "sexual harassment" in the same sentence.

I appreciate the levity whether or not it was intended.

-Toker
Q is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #177
Yar-El
Banned

He should be permanently banned.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #178
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
He should be permanently banned.
Hey that's a great decision you made there what with all the facts about what he did that have been presented to you I will bring this up at the next meeting of the LF chapter of Skull and Bones.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #179
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Qliveur, I didn't even know I'd ticked you off--please PM me so we can work that out, because I honestly don't know what's going on there.

As for Darth Insidious, having chatted with him about the assorted Ahto Presidency and titles threads, I know you are not targeted, because when the threads were discussed, never was it mentioned, or even implied, that this was being done to annoy or anger anyone. Your name was never mentioned, neither was Adavardes', and if someone had said they were doing it to be nasty to either of you, I would have had a few choice words to say to them about how wrong I thought that was. I certainly would never have condoned that action by participating in it.

Yar-El, your posts, along with every other deleted post that was in the badge nomination thread, did not follow the instructions of my initial post. I don't think those instructions were that hard, and extraneous stuff will get pruned out just like in the name-change thread. It's the only way to keep that thread from blowing up into a huge spam-fest. I gave fair warning in the first post that any post not following the instructions fully would be deleted. I even put it in bold font. You didn't follow all the instructions, hence the deletion. I didn't even really pay attention to who posted it--I just looked at it, noted there was no link or evidence whatsoever to support the badge nomination, and it got deleted. I even posted a clarification later in the thread on why posts (note that that's posts, plural, because yours was not the only one) got deleted. I can't fix people's feelings getting hurt because they didn't read two separate and clear explanations--I have no control over that. If you got your shorts in knots, why didn't you PM me about it instead of stewing over it?

As for the posts you've reported: You can see every single reason why a reported post was handled the way it was by going to the top of the forum, clicking 'quick links', and then clicking 'your reported posts'. You'll see the explanation for our actions on the report listed. jonathan7, mimartin, and I all try to make sure to put a reason when we take action on a post. If you refuse to look at the reasons, there's nothing I can do to fix that, either.

Inaction on Emperor Devon: BS.
Let me make one other thing VERY clear: I DID NOT BAN ACHILLES. Let me repeat that: I DID NOT BAN ACHILLES.

Other staff members handled both of his bans. I'm not sorry he's gone, because being called essentially a racist liar among a variety of other nasty little terms really sucks. I did not delete the offending flaming posts. That was handled be a variety of other sensible staffers who agreed that posts that flagrantly violate the flaming rules and make baseless accusations should not remain in public view. Never fear for those of you who love him, he'll be back when his temp-ban expires.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 02-17-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #180
Darth333
Administraterror

Enough!

This thread got derailed and it has now become an off-topic venting and silliness session for everyone. It's time to cool down and go play outdoors (hope it is as cold where you are as it is here in some parts of Canada)...

Since no one seems to be able to be reasonable...

Staff and non staff...hope you had a chance to post your rants in those five pages...
Darth333 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > List of Ahto Imperial appointments: complaints