lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Knight issues on XP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
corey89
Lurker

Jedi Knight issues on XP

I decided to dig out my old copy of Jedi Knight recently as I been on a Star Wars kick, but sadly I been facing some issues leaving me unable to get it running.

First is the problem that the setup file does not open. The launcher, setup.exe and copying files over to the computer all end up with the setup just not starting up, and having to go into task manager to end the process tree. I tried all compatibility modes and choices, but it still does not run.

So I tried to do the manual install, following the guide step by step, but here I face a new challenge in that a small window pops up and shows this message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error Message
ERR_CANNOT_LOAD_FILE
So it seems there's no way to get Jedi Knight to run as of now. I'm running XP SP3, and the Jedi Knight copy is my legit one, and has no scratches or anything. Does anyone have any idea if this is fixable? The install for Phantom Menace also has the same problem that it just does not open at all.

Hope someone has an answer, thanks
corey89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
It IS possible, try a search here, I swear there are about a dozen similar threads out there. I assume this is a legit copy and you have the 1.01 patch. The next step is to check JKhub.net for possible fixes.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I am running JK DF2 on two differnt installs of XP, one SP2 and one SP3 and both intalled and run seamlessly. I am not sure why you have had trouble. I am not using the 1.01 patch, but i am using the JKE and JKUpdate of texture packs mods..and it makes for a stunning game.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Mentat
Rookie

Current Game: JKDF2, JKMotS & HL2
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=56665
Mentat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Jedi Knight issues on XP