lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Council of the Old Republic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #41
Admiral_Thrawn

Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
"The Master cannot see it, a troubling sign under such . . . pressing circumstance's. A swirling vortex, the voice cries 'feed me', all turn's dark . . . This masked figure, this great hunger, such raw power and fury . . . never have I seen hunger wielded under such a way, yet . . ."

His eye's flittered open, the pupil's vaguely red. A great presence of the dark side suddenly diminished within him, it's power fading. Sev faintly flicked his wrist, summoning whatever energy remained to diminish the creature's power over him.

"I felt it . . . so much hunger, so much pain . . . I felt it."

Without another word he slipped into darkness, falling back against the wall. His mind had been badly damaged, with his spirit wavering. His connection to the force was now weak, the critical link damaged by whatever beast saw fit to invade his mind, his body. He could still see through the force, escaping the confine's of his body and watching the event. He could see both Vtorym and Vrook, along with his now critical body.

Sev knew that he could not re-enter his body until he had been healed, made salvagable. He felt so think, so weak, as if the entire galaxy was crushing down on him, it's celestial might centered around one microscopic being. Thousand's of image's crossed his mind, each one afflicting him like a disease as it struck into it's place in his memory. He saw past, present and future as all the cosmos sped past him in a brilliant grandeur of light's and color's.

He shook the feeling off and moved over to his body, lifting the hood. His eye's were now a blood crimson, giving off some sort of . . . his spirit, mind and soul, was sucked back into the confine's of his body.

Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"Butů it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #42
Thanatos9t

Helpful! 
Elsewhere in The Room of a Thousand Fountains which was a place for relaxation and reflection, between the various missions and trials that the Jedi faced many Jedi from Padawan to Knight and even Master would come to relax.

Many of the Jedi would go around in groups and rarely strayed from the main paths as you could very easily get lost amongst the plants and fountains as many Padawans had been warned or found out the hard way.

Meditating amonst the foliage in a remote location on the events that were unfolding elsewhere Triko Tano the Rodian Jedi reflected on what had been an unusual day.

Apart from the odd comment which had almost become background noise about his skin pigment which for some unknown reason was red which was very unusual, these comments ususally came from a uninformed Padawan or another person looking stir up trouble. The occurances were so common that he just suppressed the feelings of being an outcast.

Then he had his daily training exercises to keep his mind and his body focused these were normally done with Master Kavar but he was observing another training session. Using his unusual green bladed tonfa lightsaber which had been recommended to him by Kavar as it allowed him to change from offence to defence quickly during a fight he begant to practice his lightsaber form alone.

Why am I always alone...
He remembered thinking this during his training session later on he found out this was because one of Kavars other students Samuel Nevar had injured a Jedi by the name of Vtorym during training.

Reflecting upon being told to report to his master during the afternoon, running into Sam who he know of only in passing in the halls he looked white as a ghost, dismissing this as him feeling bad for what had happened to Vtorym he had entered Kavars quarters and was told about a presence consuming the force.

No it can't be possible...can it?
He remembered denying it then feeling waves of uncertainty flow across the temple as other Jedi were informed of this revelation.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Thanatos9t is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #43
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Vtorym again tried to aid Sev, but Vrook stepped in front of her. "What is the meaning of this?" he snarled. "Stand at attention and answer me, Knight! What is wrong with you?!"
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #44
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
Master Kavar had just told him that a mission was made available.
A mission? To me?
" Master, What is this mission about?" Sam inquired.

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #45
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"We are sending a number of Jedi to investigate a series of disturbance in the Outer Rim, and I have recommended you for the task." Vandar explained. "Why me?" Jacob had to ask. "If you can learn control, you will be an undeniable asset to the group. There is no more time for you to attempt to learn to control your power here on Coruscant. This shall be a trial by fire for you." Vandar told him. "I hope you know what you're doing." Jacob commented.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #46
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Master Kavar folded his hands in front of him in consternation. "Knight Nevar," he began, "I have felt a disturbance in the Force, a far more serious one than I have ever felt. It is as if there is a vortex surrounding a dark presence, perhaps a member of the Sith Order. This...vortex, if you will, seems to be devouring all that surrounds it, all it encounters. Perhaps your anger, now undirected and unfocused, will dissipate as you search for it." He sighed. "If you will accept a mission that could possibly prove suicidal, I would like you to serve on a strike team to venture into into the Outer Rim and find it."

He gazed at his student unwaveringly. "You may decline if you wish. One of the core tenets of the Jedi Order is that we send no one into danger if it is not of their own free will. Make your decision carefully, Sam. I shall wait."

Vtorym was becoming angry at Master Vrook, at his treatment of the barely-conscious Sev but also at his treatment of her, of all his other Padawans.

"I can't believe you missed the signs," snapped Vtorym. "Sev needs help, and I can't help him. It takes a Master to counteract this kind of pain that I sense through the Force in relation to him. Now, either you get down beside him and see what's wrong, or I'll call for Master Kavar or one of the others."

"Do you get to give orders around here?" answered Vrook. "No. You are naught but a Jedi Knight, and I a Master. Very well, I will help Sev, but in my opinion he's always been a bit of a hypochondriac. As for you, Knight V'stalt, I was going to ask you to serve on a strike team to go into the Outer Rim and locate the dark disturbance in the Force, but now I've changed my mind."

The Echani maiden stared at him coldly. "The one I've sensed is different."

Vrook perked up his eyebrows. "What? The one you have sensed, Vtorym?"

"I see her in my dreams," the Knight replied. "She says she can save us all."
Old 04-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #47
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Sam looked at Kavar.
" Yes, yes yes yes yes!" Sam said jumping up and whooping with joy. Finally, something to do!
" I'll be packing now!" Sam said as he ran towards his room to gather what supplies a Jedi had.

Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #48
Admiral_Thrawn

Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
Sev's eye's snapped open as he took in the harsh visage of Master Vrook. He lifted himself to his feet and fell back against the wall, sucking in every bit of air about him. He exhaled with relief, finding whatever had previously ailed him to have faded. The image of the masked figure remained, as did the sense of ... hunger. He had delved far too deeply into the creature's web, only to become ensnared. It seemed he had, for now, escaped it's trapping's.

"Master, Knight."

He nodded coldly at the pair and moved away, his glare wavering on Vrook. As the cold air came about him he staggered slightly, his body still numb from the experience. After escaping the Master's vision he slid down a nearby wall and breathed in a frantic fashion. Air began to pour out of his mouth, as he could not retain such a needed substance. He rubbed his temple's and tried to focus, drawing his lightsaber as he did so. He ignited it a few feet from his face, holding it up with the force. He deactivated the blade and let the hilt fall into his lap, caressing the intricate design with a fondering affection.

He tried to meditate, but found he could not focus so much so as to enter such a difficult stance. Sev was, if anything, extremely reserved. He never showed his expression, even under the most agonizing pain. Never once had he even smiled, even let a tear fall, such was his mysterious character. Vrook seemed to criticize him for being reserved, even though such was the Jedi way. The Master had a unique point of view, a unique attitude. Such thing's made him a good Master in many way's, yet it also held him back.

Sev broke free of such thought's as he realized that most of the Knight's were beginning to pack their item's. To send such a large amount of force on a single mission, such was foolish even for the Jedi Master's. Not a single Master was in their rank's either and most of the Jedi selected were relatively new to the roll, or did not quite have the attitude for it. He held his palm down as a small bird flittered onto his glove, allowing him to run his finger down it's warm feather's. He stared at the small creature, taking in it's beatiful design, then rose his hand as to let the bird leave.

He attempted to rise, this time with more strength and headed for his quarter's. He arrived safely, only to find the door locked tight. He expected that this was because his Master had requested he gone on the mission, so his door was sealed until his return ... or demise. Either way he held two finger's to the locking mechansim, controlling his breathing carefully as he attempted to undo the advanced design. His attempt was met with success, most likely because the Master's would not expect for a Jedi Knight to break into someone else's room.

He cast the door aside as he entered, only to find a large bag in the middle of his bed. Sev used the force to guide it into his closet, having no interest in this mission the council would send him on. As a practicioner of Soresu and a ranking 'Force Master' his Mistress likely intended for him to play a role in the mission, but he denied her. He held ample respect for the Jedi Master, but did not quite understand as to why the Master's intended to send so many to their death's. He knew that his vision's, his torture, it was connected to this mission.

He had yet to inform anyone as to what the nature of their mission was, yet he suspected that he knew more than the Master's in this one paticular subject. Sev laid silently atop his bed, drifting into the world of the sleeping. Before closing his eye's, he re-sealed the door and erased any record of his entering of the apartment complex. He needed rest and wanted no one to disturb it, much less drag them on this foolhardy crusade of there's.

Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"Butů it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #49
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Master Vrook glared at Vtorym, making her snap to uneasy attention.

"So, you wish to go on this mission to find whatever is threatening us?" Against her better judgment, the Jedi Knight nodded. "Come with me."

Instead of leading his student to the Training Room, or even to his private quarters, he led her to the Council Chamber itself. Vtorym was puzzled. What in space was going on? Was he going to discipline her, and if so, for what?

"What is your relationship with Jacob Marek?" he asked, sitting in a tall chair.

"He is my fellow student, and a Knight," replied the girl carefully. "He and I have been close friends ever since we began studying at the Temple, and we share a connection through the Force. It is not as strong as a Force bond between Master and student, but it is strong enough for us to let each other know how we're feeling, or warn each other of approaching danger," she explained. "If I go on this mission, I humbly request that he go along with me."

"You mean us?" asked Master Vrook. Vtorym nodded a little too hastily.

"I have confidence in your abilities, Knight V'stalt," he said, "but what I doubt is your willingness to forsake your emotions, your passions. Are you sure you're not lying to me about yourself, or Marek?" Vtorym shook her head.

"It is as I thought," said her Master, tossing Vtorym her double-bladed silver staff. "If you're going with us, you must fight," he said. "Skorost'! Now!"
Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #50
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Sam threw his meager supplies together. He had a Lightsaber, and a spare lightsaber, a few robes, a heavily modified, yet still legal, Mandalorian blaster, and his collection of Datapads and Holocrons.
Sam suddenly realized, he knew neither were the ship was or were it was going! He walked out of his room and went over to Kavar's room.
Knock-knock-knock
"Come in!" Kavar cheerily called. Sam did so.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Council of the Old Republic