lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mara Jade PC
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
tsenre78
Rookie

Very cool, great job!!

Any chance of a TSL version? If not, would you mind at least educating a modding newbie here on how to do it?
tsenre78 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #42
miro42
Rookie

Current Game: Plants vs Zombies
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenre78 View Post
Very cool, great job!!

Any chance of a TSL version? If not, would you mind at least educating a modding newbie here on how to do it?
Thank you very much! And I do plan on a TSL release, but not necessarily very soon. I haven't actually done a TSL mod yet so I don't know the differences between the two games. However, if you want to at least start just simple changes you can go here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195966. It's my first mod but it has a tutorial (also my first and only, so far) included in the zip on how to make new heads. It's very basic but it's where I started at, so maybe it will help you start as well! In the future maybe I'll do a tutorial on how to do a whole new character from start to finish like Mara here. Be sure to check back and see if I release a TSL version, but also send me a link if you get a mod out there as well. I'd love to see it. (If you don't have any experience with any modding tools go to http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421 to find out how and where to start)
And one of the most important tips I can give you on modding (or any project, really) is this: Stay Organized! I have a zillion folders and sub folders for my Juhani mod and v1 of Mara. Mara 2.0 I have one main folder, a folder for all the original files that were extracted with KOTOR TOOL and then the final zip folder. It made things work much smoother and quicker.

Last edited by miro42; 07-12-2009 at 01:49 AM.
miro42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #43
jck87
Lurker

great work. In combination with my mod I should be able to make one of my companions turn into Mara Jade
Does it replace or add a head? (hoping for replace)
Looks like it is a head addon. Could you replace an existing head for me? It makes it more compatable to other types of mods

Last edited by jck87; 09-05-2009 at 07:12 AM.
jck87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #44
Parmenides
Rookie

Great work! Love this.
Parmenides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #45
miro42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck87 View Post
great work. In combination with my mod I should be able to make one of my companions turn into Mara Jade
Does it replace or add a head? (hoping for replace)
Looks like it is a head addon. Could you replace an existing head for me? It makes it more compatable to other types of mods
If I'm not mistaken all you would have to do is copy the .mdl and .mdx files, rename them to the desired head and it should work. I haven't tried this so don't shoot me if it doesn't work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmenides View Post
Great work! Love this.
Hey thanks. I found out recently that geometry can be added to bodies so I've already modeled a new less sucky version of Mara's outfit. When redrob41 has time he'll try and work on the texture (seeing as I suck at them). That could be awhile since he's working on the Revenge of Revan mod as well as a couple more projects he and I are working on together. And who knows, maybe I'll find a way to texture it that doesn't make it look like I vomited all over it.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Smile Great!

I'm very glad to see TSL patcher version out miro!!!
great job dealing with the patcher ah??

thanks again ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #47
Acleacius

Great work on this Mara Jade head for KotOR, thanks!

How hard would it be to get this working in TSL? Just finished KotOR and downloading mods atm to start TSL?

Thanks for any tips.
Acleacius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #48
Acleacius

I was able to get Jade Mara working in TSL well it's very close, at least until miro42 the upgrade to TSL.

Since I've never used any modeling tools, took the skin and portrait files then renamed them with another mdl and mdx from another mod, the skins and portraits worked. Well her hair isn't as long as intended and not the same style, it's the same as one of the vanilla styles.

Thanks again for on this looking forward to seeing your finished TSL version.

Edit: Much Better, they match now.

Last edited by Acleacius; 01-18-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #49
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Red face TSL? wow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
I was able to get Jade Mara working in TSL well it's very close, at least until miro42 the upgrade to TSL.

Since I've never used any modeling tools, took the skin and portrait files then renamed them with another mdl and mdx from another mod, the skins and portraits worked. Well her hair isn't as long as intended and not the same style, it's the same as one of the vanilla styles.

Edit: Much Better, they match now.
The screenie looks great Acleacius, so you renamed other mod mdl/mdx right? which one? have you tried with new model names?

thanks

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #50
Acleacius

Hey ya GeorgNihilus, thanks.

This method is very crude since I don't have modeling skillz, but it looks nice enough to use.

Yes, took the mdl and mdx from a mod called Slender Bodies for Females. It's was the only Redhead model, last time I played, about 5 years ago iirc. It does replace an existing head, "pfhc07.mdl" and "pfhc07.mdx", then renamed miro42's .tga files to PFHC07.

I had the installer "change.ini" all edited and working for TSL to make this an independent head as miro42 had done originally. But those pesky KotOR mdl and mdx files wouldn't work.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #51
miro42
Rookie

Hey all! I'm back in a big way with my Mara Jade PC mod now for TSL!

Yeah, I rock pretty hard.

Check out the pics and the download on the original post.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
Acleacius

Thanks for the update miro42!

I'm using it for a KotOR run atm, wanted to make a request. Could we please have a version with blue or green eyes and without the jumpsuit? Guess the eyes are more important, since I can edit the appearance.2da to just use base underwear.

As an example here is the outfit I'm using Bastila's gold trim robes from Tangster

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #53
miro42
Rookie

UPDATE: I posted a new download link in place of the defunct megaupload link at my website on the original post, or you can just fast download it here.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Tigersong
Rookie

Doesn't seem as if any of the links are working...

Please stop using "I have a bad feeling about this." It's Han Solo's line; he'd like it back.
Tigersong is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #55
miro42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersong View Post
Doesn't seem as if any of the links are working...
Sorry about that. I redid my website and forgot to change some file names around. My website one should work. The KOTORFiles only seems to work if you're logged in on their site. Not sure why.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #56
randomtask810
Lurker

Hi, Miro

It seems that all the links for KOTOR1 version is down.

Could you please re-upload?

Thank You
randomtask810 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #57
miro42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask810 View Post
Hi, Miro

It seems that all the links for KOTOR1 version is down.

Could you please re-upload?

Thank You
Indeed and I did. It's waaaaaaay at the bottom of the OP or you can just click me (<--- do this; I didn't change anything else so there's no point in wasting two seconds of your life going to that first post).

Of course, if any other links aren't working please let me know. I'm messing around with my website because I hate it's face so things are getting a little messy, causing many links to die a horrible, painful death.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #58
Tigersong
Rookie

Thanks! I've got it now and will make use of it next time I start a new game.

Please stop using "I have a bad feeling about this." It's Han Solo's line; he'd like it back.
Tigersong is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Mara Jade PC

Tags
kotor, mara jade, playable character