lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Missing Planet
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Crush1800
Rookie

Lightbulb Missing Planet

As I was talking to my friends about Star Wars we came on the subject of Earth. We wern't on it for long because we got distracted but we had some questions, like why wasn't Earth there? did the jedi even come from Earth? what was the reason for Earth being left out?

Some possibilities of our imagination were that Earth had been destroyed, or that Earth was unable to support life thus longer.

And I understand that it says, "In a galaxy far, far away" but still there wasn't any mention at all of Earth

Anyways the reason I made this thread was so anyone who had ideas could state them here.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/30/11919-tfu_x360_maris_bull_025_super.jpg
Dude! Seriously! What could have distracted you enough to be beaten by a girl!?

Last edited by Crush1800; 04-26-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Crush1800 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Probably it's because it's just really, really, really far away, and maybe the "long time ago" part means that it's supposed to happen before any life has evolved on our planet. In Star Wars, Earth is just so obscure, it's way too far beyond the Outer Rim to even be mentioned.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
lucas just wanted his own different... universe. it's like my garage... his own place where nothing else exists. so earth dos'nt even EXIST in star wars... how human got there is as big a mystery as wht we don't have 7 fingers... just forget earth when thinking about star wars.
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Fredi
El Guapo

Exactly, The story is ... A LONG* LONG* TIME AGO* in a galaxy FAR AWAY*. So this means Earth is pretty far a away and that all that has happened is past.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Also because Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc aren't mentioned either, because Star Wars takes place in a different universe/reality than the Milky Way universe.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Missing Planet

Tags
earth, missing, planets, thread