lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #41
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I just cant believe Moments like This and This are supposed to be the accepted as the same saga.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #42
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
Gungans... worst race idea. Ever.

Togruta however are made of win... still waiting for the game where they let me play one as a main character (jedi or not), and not as an optional main character.
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #43
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Epic---><---Epic

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #44
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I'll put in my rating stab at 6.5-7.0
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #45
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Lucas Arts was doomed when Jar-Jar came into being. Then Clone Wars came, and then more Gungans. I make my bet that Republic Heroes will only be moderately successful, if not a flop....

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 03:43 AM   #46
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
I'll put in my rating stab at 6.5-7.0
What's the over-under prize for this wager Rhett-ski?

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #47
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick187 View Post
Epic---><---Epic
lol, that's awesome... they're trying to advertise Lightsaber Duels and Jedi Alliance on the splash page XD Oh wow LucasArts... you seem to be made of even more fail than I realised.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #48
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
Poor Obi-wan, he looks like a monkey on the website behind the splash page...
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #49
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I just cant believe Moments like This and This are supposed to be the accepted as the same saga.
And yet RoTJ had the Ewoks, which badly undermined that film. Instead of learning from that mistake, I guess that GL decided that it would be cool to try to top it with even bigger ones, and he has succeeded brilliantly in just about every one of his endeavors ever since, IMO.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #50
cire992

^ Yeah, I noticed that recently. Took ten years, but I noticed it. Think 'bout it. Battle over Kashyyyk instead of the Battle over Endor. A minor change, doesn't undermine any of the themes Lucas was driving at (determination/resolve over tech/numbers) but it would have fit in so much more elegantly with the lore, and made a much more epic finale to the trilogy. Would have been a very different movie.

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #51
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
^ Actually, the parallel is between the Ewoks from RotJ with the Gungans, from TPM.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #52
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li View Post
Gungans... worst race idea. Ever.
That would seem true, yes, until one catches a glimpse of the EU. Nothing screams "idiocy" louder than giant, floating, force-sensitive sperm.*

The EU will always find a way to trump the films in the "stupid" category.

*Except for maybe the Vong.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that the cartoon Anakin resembles Jake Lloyd more than Hayden Christiansen? I smell yet another awkward retcon in the making.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 05-14-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #53
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
^ Actually, the parallel is between the Ewoks from RotJ with the Gungans, from TPM.
Except that the Ewoks were actually capable in their own way. None of them slapsticked their way to victory, nor undermined everyone else's efforts.

On-Topic: Damn, this is going to have the girl padawan in it, isn't it. UGH.

Remember when they used to make Jedi Knight, Tie Fighter, and KOTOR? That was awesome.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #54
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Except that the Ewoks were actually capable in their own way. None of them slapsticked their way to victory, nor undermined everyone else's efforts.
They did have a couple of cool rope and log tricks, yes. They weren't nearly as bad as the Gungans, but they were the first signs that all was not well in Lucasland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Remember when they used to make Jedi Knight, Tie Fighter, and KOTOR? That was awesome.
Rhett expressed a very similar sentiment, and I agree with it. But the game might end up being surprisingly good. It's possible, if improbable.

-Toker
Old 05-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #55
cire992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
In retrospect, I was being a little vague. What I meant was that ROTJ would have a LOT better had they replaced Ewoks on Endor with Wookies on Kashyyyk.

The Gungans. The Gungans could have worked, if they had been a little less goofy and acted more like Boss Nass kept describing them (belligerent warriors). When you think about it, that's one of the only two purposes the Gungans as a whole serve in the movie. They 1. Progress Obi and Qui Gon to Theed, and 2. Fight the Droids in the climactic battle at the end. So why were they put out as being the crackheads of Naboo? It didn't make any damn sense they don't fit their roles in the least.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #56
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
In retrospect, I was being a little vague. What I meant was that ROTJ would have a LOT better had they replaced Ewoks on Endor with Wookies on Kashyyyk.
My bad. But then, I agree with you. As always, the conception, of a inferior force struggling to resist a superior one, was fine in theory, but wasn't brilliantly executed. Especially by the unfortunate choice of race.

Plus, we'd see a Han Solo actually being funny and back at his careless attitude of the other two movies, since he's familiar with the Wookies and wouldn't have to hover around the Ewoks, thinking of them as oversized teddy bears.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #57
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Yes, yes it was... sad, very, very sad it has come to this.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #58
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
The Phantom Menace was actually pretty good, then they had Attack of the Clones and everything went south.

I honestly disagree with people who say that SWTOR has too much Clone Wars aspects to it. If anything, it's the perfect artistic blend with Prequel art and KOTOR art. And these Troopers ain't clones, so it's no problem.

And there have been some good Clone Wars games: Republic Commando for example. Unfortunately it was way too sort....

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #59
CommanderQ
I should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
The Phantom Menace was actually pretty good, then they had Attack of the Clones and everything went south.
Attack of the Clones did indeed bring the Star Wars trilogy down, but I think The Phantom Menace might've helped...

For instance, my opinion of SW was lost when Anakin said, "YIPPEE!"

you very much
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #60
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
*crosses arms* Don't care about the movies, they're all done and are in the past. I want better vidya from LA.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #61
cire992

EDIT: ^ Yeah, agreed. Doing something with KOTOR would be a great start. Or Xwing, or Battlefront, or Jedi Knight. Seriously, George needs to go get Luke. Luke can help.

Yeah gotta agree with CommanderQ. While there are things I liked about TPM, it certainly wasn't a strong start for the trilogy. At least some of the characters were better. Maul was the best villain in the prequels by a good margin. Neeson did a halfway decent job as Qui-Gon. Obi Wan was at his most tolerable (he had a noticeably smaller role in TPM, so he didn't get a chance to spew lame dialogue in an awkward fashion). The podrace was fun, the final duel was epic. Yeah, it wasn't all bad, most of it was, but it had it's moments.

And AOTC. Episode II introduced/expanded some things that made for good EU content (the Clone Wars, the Jedi Order, Coruscant, Jango), but the movie itself was slightly agonizing. Example: this chump who's going to become the biggest evilist badass in the galaxy sits around for the half the movie crying and throwing tantrums. I mean ten years ago I would never have predicted that I would ever say that Darth Vader, in any point in his life, was a complete emotional train-wreck. Now I thought most of the characters were flawed in that movie, but none of them are as noticeably lame as Darth Crybaby.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #62
CommanderQ
I should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
*crosses arms* Don't care about the movies, they're all done and are in the past. I want better vidya from LA.
Well, as long as they avoid romantic plots, childish antics, or dialogue containing, "YIPPEE," they should be just fine

@cire992: Agreed, Maul and Jango=Awesomeness. The whiny Dark Lord and the emotionally crashed Anakin were one of the things that probably brought that part of the trilogy down....so much so that in Revenge of the Sith, you're almost happy Anakin caught on fire

you very much
Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #63
Revan 411
Forumite

I'm being optimistic about The Clone Wars Republic Heroes. Sure, the past clone wars video games may have been terrible, but this one has caught my eye because LucasArts is releasing this for PC. And they rarely do that these days. So, it has a 50/50 with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Of Hunger
I honestly disagree with people who say that SWTOR has too much Clone Wars aspects to it. If anything, it's the perfect artistic blend with Prequel art and KOTOR art. And these Troopers ain't clones, so it's no problem.
I completely agree with you.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #64
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Gameplay Video
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #65
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Hmmm @ vid...

It looks like LEGO Star Wars smooshed together with The Force Unleashed... but watered down.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #66
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias View Post
Nice vid.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #67
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Haha, it actually looks like it's fun. That last part of the vid I was reminded of Delta Squad. *sigh*

The lightsabers look ugly, though.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #68
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I actually don't think it looks that bad. Should definitely be better than the Lightsaber Duels game they put out last year. Too bad there is no versus mode, only co-op.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #69
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Since it comes to PC, maybe with a few mods will look interesting. Maybe I will buy it...
Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #70
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias View Post
Since it comes to PC, maybe with a few mods will look interesting. Maybe I will buy it...
Well first it has to come out

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Old 06-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #71
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Well first it has to come out
Indeed.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #72
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Is it just me or do the characters not have voices...? They seem to only use text boxes.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 03:28 AM   #73
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Cougar View Post
Is it just me or do the characters not have voices...? They seem to only use text boxes.
It's not finished yet. There's no HUD too, and there are also missing some sounds.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #74
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Well I doubt this will come as a shock to anyone but the most steadfastly optimistic - http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1032039p1.html
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #75
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post

And there have been some good Clone Wars games: Republic Commando for example. Unfortunately it was way too sort....
Yes but we are talking a different Clone Wars... in 2002, when AOTC had been released, Dark Horse, Del-ray and Lucasarts got to work on the Clone Wars Comics, Novels and games, and it was GOOD! the "Republic" Comic lines headed by artist Jan Duursema, perfectly portrayed the 3 year Struggle, it was dark and edgy with awesome artwork and cohesion between mediums... Republic Commando was further use of this thinking. Then after ROTS came out George decided to reboot the Clone Wars again, as Saturday morning TV for 3 year olds. It's not the same imo

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #76
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Well I doubt this will come as a shock to anyone but the most steadfastly optimistic - http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1032039p1.html
Who would've thought?

Bink's Sake

Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #77
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Then after ROTS came out George decided to reboot the Clone Wars again, as Saturday morning TV for 3 year olds. It's not the same imo
Ends up that the TV series has more Star Wars feeling than the prequels. And is getting some good reviews too.

As for this game, well, I wasn't expecting too much. Some people were hoping for a Jedi Knight game...
Old 10-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #78
JuniorModder

Has anyone watched the show or played the game? The show itself is better than the first two Star Wars movies, and the Lego star wars rocked, and so did the demo.

The clones are OK, better than Jar-Jar (shivers). Gungans need to be obliterated somehow. My reasons behind this is that they aren't in the later movies. (Ok that is just an excuse but still)

But there are a lot of lame, cheesy, stupid, aspects to the show. Like Ahsoka's nicknames, and perfectly lightsided Anakin. And the movie had an atrocious story line. I hoped Jabba's son died by the end of the film. But the show is awesome.

JuniorModder
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #79
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorModder View Post
But there are a lot of lame, cheesy, stupid, aspects to the show. Like Ahsoka's nicknames,
As the show went on, we heard less and less those stupid nicknames. I think the producers learned their lesson.

Quote:
and perfectly lightsided Anakin.
From what I've heard, that's on purpose. After all, for some reason he was called during the war, the Hero with no Fear.

Quote:
And the movie had an atrocious story line.
If you see them as four episodes combined, and not a Star Wars movie, it's not that bad.

Andd this second season is great. (With mandalorians)
Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #80
JuniorModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
As the show went on, we heard less and less those stupid nicknames. I think the producers learned their lesson.

From what I've heard, that's on purpose. After all, for some reason he was called during the war, the Hero with no Fear.

If you see them as four episodes combined, and not a Star Wars movie, it's not that bad.

Andd this second season is great. (With mandalorians)
MANDOLORIANS?! (Irina Spalko impression) SVEET!

I still think that the dark side needs to creep up a little more in Anakin in season 2. From the interviews with Ashley and Matt, the dark side will not only show up in Anakin, but in Ahsoka too.

It brings depth to the characters.

I didn't say the movie was bad, I loved it! I just hated the main storyline, you know with the whole jedi order trying to rescue Jabba the Hutt's son, which Ahsoka then named "Stinky".

Asajj Ventress is amazing, and the battle between her and Obi-Wan stole the whole movie!

But anyways, we're getting off topic here. The board's about the game, not the movie.
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Tags
clone wars, krome studios, lucasarts, republic heroes, star wars