lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Seriously – What Game Did You Play? [Spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #41
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
"I believe T3-M4 becomes R2-D2 3996 years after KOTOR 2, I also believe the Ebon Hawk becomes The Millenium Falcon (lots of years after KOTOR 2)."
This guy certainly has imagination!

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #42
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Entertaining as always, Shem

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #43
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Let’s continue on with another update.

Once I get a chance to go through all my videos, I do want update you with comments that come in recently that are out of this world which is what I’m going to do with this small update to:

Canderous Reveals Information About Revan
View page
YouTube Video

This is the part I don’t understand. I would get asked where the other clans are besides the ones on Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa all the time so I decided to put up annotations that flash in front of your face while watching the video.

Here is what you see when the video plays and I list what times the annotations pop up:

Quote:
[From 0:05-0:12] You don't actually have to gather the clans for Canderous, just get very high influence with him and he'll tell you this information!

[From 0:17-0:27] Why is it so hard for people to understand my last annotation? You don't need to gather clans to get this conversation - just get high influence!

[From 0:32-0:39] The only clans you can gather are just the ones on Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa - Do I make myself clear?

[From 0:44-0:54] AGAIN! Just get high influence with Canderous/Mandalore to get this conversation - How can I make myself any clearer than this? Seriously people!
Yet, people still continue to ask. These messages are so obvious that if they were snakes, they would have bitten them.

Anyway, here is what I got less than an hour ago:

Quote:
"wat other planets do u find the clans at besides Nar Shaadda, & Dantooine"
There is only so much you can do for some people. I don’t know what else to do to get the message across so they don’t need to ask. Part of me laughs at this and other parts of me fears what our world is turning into.

Anyway, here are some comments over the last couple of years with these next videos.

Atton and Mical Clash (Part 1)
View page
YouTube Video

Let’s be logical. Like with Brianna being jealous of Visas if the Miraluka has more influence than her has a couple of cut scenes with Kreia taking advantage of the situation, we have a couple of scenes where Mical has more influence than Atton and to get this scenes it’s logical to assume you’re progressing with Mical more than Atton. For some reason that is very confusing, but so are other things for those who refuse to explore other game options.

Some ladies (and possibly men) love Mical:

Quote:
"Mical is so wise, I just can't help loving him!!! And he's such a gentleman."

"I love Mical he's like a puppy."

"[Mical] talks like prince charming!"
Then there is hate:

Quote:
"Mical is such a fagg its incredible"

"Mical is huge suck up"

"The Disiple is a boring charactar"

This statement speaks for itself:

Quote:
"And To Be Honest I Kinda Hate Mical He Constantly Makes Me Feel Like And Idiot In The Game With All His Wisdom And Stuff"
Then there are the Atton fans:

Quote:
"atton is sooooo hot"

"atton his so cute when he's jealous"
Somebody thought of an off-topic remark that is… well judge for yourself:

Quote:
"u can make mandalore a jedi 2. watch the video, but not sure if it works on pc."

Somebody thought cut content was really still in the game:

Quote:
"Can you make Atton turn to the dark side like flip out and attack Sion im trying to get it"
[gets informed that can’t be done]
"well playing the game three times through was a major waste of time lol"
Some guys refused to play as a female and never learn how other options in the game work:

Quote:
"how do u get mical i couldnt get him the times i played"

"Whos this guy? it is a cheat?"

"who does mical replace"

"Does this only work when your a jedi female on kotor 2?"

"is this a mod"

"So you can get Mical to Join if you play as a girl?"
Somebody doesn’t want to play as a female Exile to get Mical. I guess some men like him after all:

Quote:
"is there any way to have the disciple with a male exile??"

The all confusing influence system strikes again:

Quote:
"when do you see this"

"do you have to be on Dantooine?"

"JediShemL please respond I've almost compleated the game and still have never seen this scene"
There are two things that could have possibly happened here. #1) The player has never played as a male Exile. #2) They simply didn’t pay attention to the dialogue when playing as a male Exile. If I had to wager, I would put all I had on #2 and hit the jackpot.

Quote:
"Is there some scene to tell you that his names Mical or is it simply a different version?"
Atton and Mical Clash (Part 2)
View page
YouTube Video

More Mical love:

Quote:
"Mical is so adorable."

"Yeiiii more Mical!!! Thanks!!"
More Mical hate:

Quote:
"mical sucks"

"mical is a [cencored]"

"Mical is Doc from Red Vs Blue. Accept It."

"mical's a prick"

"In my opinion Mical is an annoying goodey two shoes."

Somebody had too many drinks:

Quote:
"Mical = Palpatine"
I guess some people out there confuse Mical with the Sith student from K1, Mekel even though they look nothing alike:

Quote:
"wasnt mical that sith wannabe in kotor 1 that u rescued from that sith tomb"
If not the influence system, maybe the order you visit planets is speculated:

Quote:
"wat is the order of the planets u played to get these movies?hehehe"
The all confusing influence system makes some wonder if these cut scenes are mods AKA restored content:

Quote:
"Do we know if these are not Mods?"
More possible chauvinistic men out there:

Quote:
"How do you get Mical to join your party and how does he become a jedi?"

"how do u get the disciple to go with u on ur ship,the only time i saw him was on dantooine.how u get him to journey with you?"
Another excuse to hide one self’s possible chauvinistic views:

Quote:
"This is why I don't like Exile as a girl Atton and Mical are losers"
Another person found out about cut content, but missed the memo that it is cut content:

Quote:
"is there a way to get these cutscenes but still gain enough influence with Atton so that he does the special deathscene at the end?"
Starting a new game doesn’t erase your previous saves. You just need to switch your character profiles, but some didn’t realize that:

Quote:
"its just when i try to make another person and start over it erass all my data and i have spent a really long time making my character have good armor and force powers and stuff like that"
Enjoy the update and as always I love reading your reactions!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 AM   #44
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
"Mical = Palpatine"
Interesting theory

Quote:
"wat other planets do u find the clans at besides Nar Shaadda, & Dantooine"
I checked your video and the annotations are working and this guy really commented 1 hour ago.

WTF?! Is he serious???? This is too much for me.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #45
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
"its just when i try to make another person and start over it erass all my data and i have spent a really long time making my character have good armor and force powers and stuff like that"
Just...how?

Quote:
"u can make mandalore a jedi 2. watch the video, but not sure if it works on pc."

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #46
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Yet, people still continue to ask. These messages are so obvious that if they were snakes, they would have bitten them.
Well, you at least endure it to deliver some nice vids to the public. For that you have my thanks and praises.

Quote:
There is only so much you can do for some people. I don’t know what else to do to get the message across so they don’t need to ask. Part of me laughs at this and other parts of me fears what our world is turning into.
Well, while I can't really blame you for being fearful. I'd say it is not surprising in the least given how many conveniences there are to take for granted...well that and our schools are full of fail--but I'll not drone on that.

Quote:
Some ladies (and possibly men) love Mical:
Quote:
"Mical is so wise, I just can't help loving him!!! And he's such a gentleman."
Hmm. Used to being treated like a spoiled princess...

Quote:
"I love Mical he's like a puppy."
Gold digger. Pah. (Watched this happen from several family members)...
That one you want to avoid like the plague if you are dating challenged, are a "nice" person, and s/he shows interest in you ...and your money.
At the very least, otherwise, she will keep you as a "friend", maybe eat at your house but sleep in someone else's bed.
If she isn't a user, then you can never hope to get any further with her.

Quote:
"[Mical] talks like prince charming!"
Whoopdie-****ing-doo, you noticed!

As Carlos Mencia says:
Quote:
De-de-deeeeeeee!
Quote:
Ah... So you can take advantage of the exclusively XBOX version's level up glitch--and you know how to do it. How wonderful.

Hmm...I dunno, anyone here on LF *ever* pull that one off on the PC version? If so, I'd like to know how. .....without jester jarod's little mod

Quote:
"is there any way to have the disciple with a male exile??"
I would reply:
Well no, but I'm sure you can ask the wonderful staff in holowan laboratories up at LucasForums for a mod in the requests section if there isn't one already at lucasfiles(dot)com managed by the wonderful host of these videos.

Do a little homweork on your games, you might learn something.

Quote:
Somebody had too many drinks:
Quote:
"Mical = Palpatine"
Hm. Interesting. While character wise there is nothing to suggest it (that isn't even going into canon timeline conflicts) to be the case from a personality standpoint, I will agree that his appearance is similar looking.

He was involved in republic politics at some level if I do recall. I think there may even be something more on this (spoiler alert) in wookieepedia.

Quote:
More possible chauvinistic men out there:
Quote:
"How do you get Mical to join your party and how does he become a jedi?"
<Frowns> Takes rolled up newspaper, and smacks repeatedly 2X/sec, saying STUPID! every time the paper makes an impact with his head.
Quote:
"how do u get the disciple to go with u on ur ship,the only time i saw him was on dantooine.how u get him to journey with you?"
Does anyone do their own research anymore--even on VIDEO GAMES?!

Quote:
Another excuse to hide one self’s possible chauvinistic views:

Quote:
"This is why I don't like Exile as a girl Atton and Mical are losers"
Hmm. Well, while I sort of thought they were dorks for a while (until you "jedi" them)...why not play as a female exile for the nice view if nothing else?
At the least it is the canon, the fem exile.

Quote:
Another person found out about cut content, but missed the memo that it is cut content:

Quote:
"is there a way to get these cutscenes but still gain enough influence with Atton so that he does the special deathscene at the end?"
I don't know...is there some sort of learning disability that precludes you from reading descriptions?
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #47
EnderWiggin

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
People really are idiots.

_EW_

Yes, I hate you.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #48
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
All I have to say is: !

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #49
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
People really are n00bs.
Fixed!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #50
Shem
Master of the Force

I’m still a long ways from getting through all of my videos, but since I’m in the mood to enlighten you all, here is an update.

Mira Catches Atton Spying on the Exile
View page
YouTube Video

Yeah, yeah, yeah:

Quote:
"howd you get that to happone?"

"this scene only happens if your main character is a gal right?? damn I got to try it haha"

"does it matter if your more light or dark side??"

"wtf?"

"man i never got these when i played"
Somebody finally gets the idea that you should explore your game:

Quote:
"So...all these scenes in the game itself? Geez, I've completely underplayed the game, then."
Who gets who and such is so confusing to some:

Quote:
"Hey wait a sec .. when u play as a female dont you get Harnharr or whatever his name is .. instead of Mira ?"
So this gamer likes the dark side only:

Quote:
"Wtf? I just got Hanharr, Hanharr killed Mira in my game. How get Mira?"
You can’t have it all:

Quote:
"is it possible to get this scene and make atton a jedi? If i'm not mistaken, you have to go to Dantooine to get Mical, and then Nar Shaddaa to get Mira. you can't influence Atton at Korriban or Duxn, so you have to influence him at nar shaddaa? so, can you get Atton 100% influence and make him a jedi, get Mira in the team, and then have this cutscene? I'd rather make him a jedi then get this scene...but I'd like both..."
Do I dare tell this person to get a girlfriend:

Quote:
"hey dude isnt there any romace in kotor 2?"
Maybe someone should try seeing the light/dark alignment on their party members to see how much you have influenced them:

Quote:
"how can i tell how much influence i have with them?"
Narrow-minded people make me laugh:

Quote:
"kreia is pretty useless when she gets her hand sliced off"

What Atton Does When He Thinks Nobody is Looking
View page
YouTube Video

While there were some questions about how to get this scene and some people expressing their laughter after watching this video, there were a few comments worth mentioning in my opinion.

I guess it never occurred that bounty hunters by nature observe people:

Quote:
"My question is, why is Mira watching Atton in the first place to see if he scratches his "equipment"?"

"how did mira ever see atton uhh scratch his "equipment"???"

"SEE THE QUESTION IS, how DID SHE KNOW THAT HE SCRATCHES HIS.....'EQUIPMENT'"

"How..did...she...know...?!"

"Ya know what I think? I think Mira is a dirty little spying girl."

"Mira is all knowning and very wise"

"why she watching him scratch his 'equipment'"
Some things are better left unsaid:

Quote:
"Come to think of it, my equipment could use some scratching here and there."
An interesting comment based on the dialogue in this video:

Quote:
"'you dont shower enough', wierd, i never saw a shower on the Hawk, not even a toilet 0.o"
Run that by me again:

Quote:
"Kreia's advice is something like: 'See that guy killing puppies? Don't do anything about it.'"
Somebody needs to knock some sense into this guy:

Quote:
"do u think atton and mira will have sex on the ground cus she sounds so horny"

Here comes a query that led to someone’s outburst:

Quote:
"who are these characters? is this from kotor 1 or 2?"
So I replied to the guy that he has obviously never played KOTOR II: TSL. He goes on to blow up at me. I guess some people are very touchy. This is one of those statements I’m going to have to sensor out some of the dialogue for the sake of this forum:

Quote:
"i wonder why everyones a [jerk] on youtube. i asked a question that i hope you can answer, if you're gonna make a stupid comment like you did you can go [flip] yourself and let someone with some [freaking] people skills answer the [freaking] question. now since both games can easily be played for over 30 hours (or so i've read) and i'm about 10 hours into the first, its a valid question"
Here is another interesting observation on how Mira was able to see what Atton is up to when he thinks nobody is looking:

Quote:
"in the communications room on the ebon hawk you can see all the rooms on the ship with the people in them i guess mira went in their switched the screen on and Bam Atton scratching his equipment"
Another guy gets it wrong:

Quote:
"Mira means by scratching equipment he is scratching his butt"

Redeem Bastila
View page
YouTube Video

This is one of the first videos I did when I finished getting it ready it was bigger than 100 megabytes. Since it was required at the time to go lower on YouTube and I didn’t really know much of what I was doing video editing wise, I cut some of the picture quality to make sure it made the guideline. Little did I know that sound takes up more space than picture in videos and I have learned to separate the sound and compress it without losing picture (DVD’s do that). I have since gone back and redid some videos with the better video quality. This is one I have yet to do so far and it may be the oldest one that I haven’t updated.

Anyway, let’s get a move on it. The first time I ever played the game, I played as a female Revan and I redeemed Bastila on my first try. Little did I know that would be a problem for some people out there.

Here’s my theory. If you’re having trouble redeeming Bastila, why don’t you just copy the dialogue choices I made in this video:

Quote:
"how do you get her back to the lightside because im trying to get her back?"

"Whenever I choose the option: You won't Bastila, because I love you and I believe in you" right before 6:03, then she attacks me! Do I need to complete all the dialogues about her life and warnings of the dark side etc?"

"How come when i tried to give her a second chance, after the fight she did this [strong] move and killed me?"

"I did the exact same thing and she went loco... WTF?"
Even though I did it the first time as a female Revan, I found out later you do have to be a little more careful with your dialogue choices when playing as female Revan, but if you make the logical choices, it will work:

Quote:
"how can you redeem Bastila for the female revan?"

"Is it possible to redeem Bastila as a woman?"
While we have learned some people had a problem redeeming Bastila, some wondered if Bastila would have helped Revan against his former apprentice:

Quote:
"If u dont end up killing her, does she help u defeat Malak?"

"im also trying to find out how to have bastilla with me when i duel malak"

"what would have happened if you had asked her to come and fight malak by your side ?"

"If u dont end up killing her, does she help u defeat Malak?"
Making your lightsaber stronger would mean you get to the dialogue intermissions faster. I guess some people really like to do all they can to skip dialogue:

Quote:
"If u use a really good lightsabre and u do more damage do u not get the chance to talk to her in the very end"
So you reject Bastila at the top of the Rakatan Temple, but someone thinks it would make more sense to finally join her on the Star Forge:

Quote:
"you should just join her so you wont have to keep fighting her makes more sence"
Somebody should try maxing out their K1 PC by doing side quests and such:

Quote:
"the top level you can get is 25 right ?"
Somebody should try playing the game, or should I have put this in the section of comments of people who couldn’t redeem Bastila. It’s hard to say because you never know with some people out there:

Quote:
"is this real? or is this a mod?"
Again, explore your game by actually talking to your party members as much as you can when you level up and enter the Ebon Hawk:

Quote:
"can you not have the whole lover relationship with bastilla on the xbx ver?"
This comment speaks for itself:

Quote:
"Did you feel a bit...twangy and gay when she said "I love you" ? Or is it ok?"
Boy, talk about trying to rush through the game:

Quote:
"thats odd was there an option to refuse fighting her all together?"
Somebody lost their game:

Quote:
"im rather annoyed, i was playing this game the other day and NOW I CANT FIND IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO"
Enjoy this update and keep up with the reactions!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:38 AM   #51
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Just and

Bink's Sake

Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #52
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Again I say: ! I eagerly anticipate your next update Shem!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #53
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
Whoa... these people are serious.

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 AM   #54
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
"Come to think of it, my equipment could use some scratching here and there."
...Good luck with that.

Quote:
"Mira means by scratching equipment he is scratching his butt"
I'm sorry...but how can you possibly get that wrong?

Quote:
"Wtf? I just got Hanharr, Hanharr killed Mira in my game. How get Mira?"
For some things...theres just no exuse.

Quote:
"So...all these scenes in the game itself? Geez, I've completely underplayed the game, then."
Finally!

Great videos as always shem! I don't know whats funnier, the comments you leave, or the responses you leave them.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #55
Shem
Master of the Force

Ah, another update. I have to tell you that your replies to inspire me to update this thread. As long as you guys keep that up, it will motivate me to keep this going.

Taking on Darth Bandon
View page
YouTube Video

This one took many takes to do as I was trying to set up a one-on-one fight between Bandon and Revan. It's not the best looking fight, but it was the best I could do at the time when I made the video.

Hello Captain Obvious:

Quote:
"In Xbox you can defeat him on Kashakyya"

Okay, so I modded Jolee Bindo to be a Yoda species as many of you know about. Here’s the thing. I even mentioned it on my video’s summary and yet people still asked all the time while other users kept answering their questions. Some people:

Quote:
"how did u get yoda"

"what!! Why is yoda in your team? did you cheat or isthere a way to get him?"

"HOW IS YODA ON YOUR TEAM????"

"AND HOW IS YODA ON YOUR TEAM. DOES IT WORK FOR xbox?"

"well who is that little yoda like being"

"how did you get one of those yoda people in your party?"

"how did u get the little yoda dude on your team? is that only for pc?"

"How do you get the litte Yoda guy? I want to know too"

"whos the yoda dude"

"That wasn't Yoda, that was Jedi Master Vandar Tokare"

"how did you get that small jedi master whit you"

"how come yoda is in your party???"

"How the hell did you get Yoda with you???"

"awesome master vandar! or is that yoda? o'well its still a awesome lil green man!"

"how did you get master vandar?"

"hey whose the yoda looking fellow? And where do you get him?"
A breakthrough in thinking may have happened:

Quote:
"i dont hink thats yoda that the other gy"
So I make a mod, but some people out there wonder if I use my own mods:

Quote:
"Are you using your Prequal Saber mod that you made from Kotorfiles?"

This is a question where I answered and this guy flew off the handle:

Quote:
[User has a query]"is that a cheat?"
[Shem replies]"It's called a mod."
[User freaks out]"well im sorry i am not as big of a nerd as you. i just play the games i dont put "Mods" in them then make fun of other kids for not knowing what a mod is."
Is it safe to assume that this person completed the game, but rushed through it so he never got to Level 20:

Quote:
"whats the max level in this game?"

Defeating Darth Malak to Save the Republic
View page
YouTube Video

Some people out there didn’t know what Death Field was. It shouldn’t be shocking anymore how much people never explored their game if you have been following this thread:

Quote:
"dude whats the PURPLE THUNDER power called??"

"but that force power you used whats it called?"
Or Force immunity:

Quote:
"What power did you use at the beggining?"

This is a great conversation based on how badly people like to finish the game as fast as possible. Who would have thought someone would get to Darth Malak at Level 12. Here is our conversation:

Quote:
[Some guy] "What level were you you??"
[Shem reply] "Whatever the max level you could be. What other level would you think I am?"
[Some guy again] "30-40"
[Shem’s next reply] "It almost seems you have never played the first KOTOR game. Level 20 is the max in KOTOR. To get to Level 30-40, you have to be playing KOTOR II: TSL."
[Some guy who rushes through their game] "Hey I'm a big KotOR Fanatic! I beaten the First Game. However I did'nt complete all quests, so I was only a level 12 jedi guardian when I faced malak."
I have a heavy modified game while wearing robes not normally seen in the game that have better stats than the Star Forge robes. Here is what some people said to me thinking they’re being helpful, but not noticing the mods in front of them:

Quote:
"too bad you didnt try to get revan's original robe it was at the star forge you know"

"Why you don't have the Revan robbes, if you are in the light side, you can have a white robes, if you are in the dark side, it's black, like the one he use when he was Darth Revan. This robes can be found in the Star Forge!"
Someone is trying to find Darth Revan’s Robes and the Star Forge Robes:

Quote:
"where in the star forge?? I´ve looked for it many times and never found. please answer me"
I find it amusing when people freak out at me for playing the game the way I do. Using a dark side power with a light sided character is just wrong with some people out there and they have no problem telling you:

Quote:
"Dude, people watch this for canonical reasons mostly... which does NOT meen draining the lives of the dead Jedi, it meens setting them free!!!"

"its not really right to drain those jedi of their life force. better if you used advanced light saber throw..."

"How can a Light Side Jedi use lightning? That's a severe mistake as far as I'm concerned."
Every now and then you have someone who wonders what game it is:

Quote:
"What game is this?"

Victory Celebration
View page
YouTube Video

Here comes the topic of Jolee being a Yoda species from one of my mods while watching the light side ending of KOTOR and that raises questions or concerns even though I tell people in the summary (like that helps):

Quote:
"2 yodaz"

"Where's Jolee?"

"why is there 2 yoda lookin dudes at the beginning?? lol"

"where is Joliee bindo"
Someone is really confused here. He really thinks Vandar is Yoda lacking the traditional Yoda grammar skills:

Quote:
"Lame: yoda speaks fluently."
Then there is someone who just thinks they see Yoda:

Quote:
"yoda is there!! haha"
This is back before the MMO announcement. There is always questions about KOTOR III and if Revan will be in it or you get to play as Revan again, etc, etc. But this one cracks me up:

Quote:
"do you think revan will show up in KOTOR 3?? he must....please reply!!"
So I put Canderous in Mandalorian armor and it confuses people:

Quote:
"how come theres a mandalorian in the background"
Here’s a great conversation I had with someone:

Quote:
[Some guy with a query] "on the xbox and when u finished the game is there a way to continue playing? after?"
[Shem’s reply after disbelief] "You can't be serious!"
[Some guy is really serious] "Dude how you mean u cant be serious i'm just asking -.- Please reply"
Here is another conversation I had with someone who needs serious comprehension skills:

Quote:
[Another guy] "If Revan chose the Dark path, then the events of the movies would never have happened. Revan would have conquered the galaxy, and the Republic would have been quashed right there. Revan's successors would continue the Empire of Revan, thus preventing the Clone Wars and Sidious from coming to power."
[Shem replies] "You obviously didn't play KOTOR II: TSL."
[Another guy proves he can’t comprehend to save his life] "I DID play KOTOR II. I can offer proof, if it is necessary."
This is an ending, not a bonus mission:

Quote:
"what there isa bonus mission or somthen i did dark side?"
Yes, I made modding quite a hobby and somebody noticed:

Quote:
"Damn Shem, you are mod happy"
Enjoy the laughs!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #56
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
"Dude, people watch this for canonical reasons mostly... which does NOT meen draining the lives of the dead Jedi, it meens setting them free!!!"
And there I was thinking they watched it to avoid playing the game through themselves...

Quote:
"what there isa bonus mission or somthen i did dark side?"
Jar-jar watches YouTube?

Quote:
"Hey I'm a big KotOR Fanatic! I beaten the First Game. However I did'nt complete all quests, so I was only a level 12 jedi guardian when I faced malak."
First: Can one claim to be a KotOR fanatic while having never completed the game, merely reaching the end of the story?

Second: How on earth? At level 12? I do believe I detect 'invulnerability'...

Excellent update Shem!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #57
vanir
Forumite

Thanks for half an hour or more of laughs Shem. Great thread
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #58
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
I don't think there are many normal people on YouTube (aside from Shem of course). I find them strange and hilarious to observe. Keep it up Shem! Again I say: !

Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #59
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
"juhani's lesbian she likes gurls"

Ahhahhah damn thats so hilarious it really cracked me up. Some of these are real stupid and just plain idiotic, but some are basically said by people who havent played KOTORs alot. I think theres still some stuff in the games ive never seen. And i have played through the games many times.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 01:53 AM   #60
EnderWiggin

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Wow, people are stupid.

How many videos do you have total, Shem?

_EW_

Yes, I hate you.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #61
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Hmm. Not sure what to make of it...

Not sure exactly where to take this but I'll do my best:

Quote:
So I make a mod, but some people out there wonder if I use my own mods:
Quote:
"Are you using your Prequal Saber mod that you made from Kotorfiles?"
Hmm. I wonder. Why not?
===
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemster
Some people out there didn’t know what Death Field was. It shouldn’t be shocking anymore how much people never explored their game if you have been following this thread:

Quote:
"dude whats the PURPLE THUNDER power called??"
Quote:
"but that force power you used whats it called?"
Ahh, n00bz. I'm *almost* tempted to lie to them. Such cruelty would provide at least few microseconds of entertainment anyhow.

Pitiful.
===
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem-A-Mania
Or Force immunity:
Quote:
"What power did you use at the beggining?"
...OK. Time to toss someone in the river. Who wants to help me?
===
Quote:
Someone is really confused here. He really thinks Vandar is Yoda lacking the traditional Yoda grammar skills:
Quote:
"Lame: yoda speaks fluently."
Lame. You don't know your history--and this is a video game series. Don't the schools teach anything about being your own self-advocate anymore? Finding things out for yourself? On your own?

(I am beginning to believe I feel the same disgruntled feelings as Shem does all the time )

Quote:
Yes, I made modding quite a hobby and somebody noticed:
Quote:
"Damn Shem, you are mod happy"
<...Thinks for a second...> HEY!

JK! I'm pretty sure I said this (or something like it) several months ago. Or maybe this is just someone else who said something similar. I recall that I was just beginning to realize just *how* deep and entrenched this whole concept of mods and modding really was--and was astounded at what a beacon Shem was as well. I do recall having at least once said something to this effect once to Shem.

What? I can have my astounded moment once or twice. Can't I?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #62
Shem
Master of the Force

Bastila and Jolee Converse
View page
YouTube Video

At this point in making YouTube videos, I have noticed that stupid questions will always come up because too many people have seriously lack basic comprehension skills and I was laughing at the idea of doing this scene on Taris because normally you don’t see Jolee on Taris. In my summary it says, ” On a side note, I brought Jolee to Taris to do this scene because I wanted to torment you all.”

Well, here's to tormenting people with Jolee on Taris :

Quote:
"how u get jolee on taris"

"Yeah how the heck did you [bring Jolee to Taris] JediShemL??"

"how did you get jolee in taris??"

"How is Jolee on Taris? I'm so confused..."

"How can u get Jolee on Taris? U get him from Kashyyk and Taris is destroyed."

"how is it that they're in taris, I thought that the planet gets destroyed when you get out if, and you meet Jolie on a different planet right? from what I remember I went to the respectful gang leader, asked to race, fought to save bastilla, and then got hold of the Ebon Hawk and flew away. Then the planet got destroyed, then at some point I met Jolee on a different planet (might have been Kashyyk. So how is he on Taris? Please explain"

"How are you on Taris?"

"How can you be on taris with jolee?"
Someone has eliminated that this couldn’t be Taris:

Quote:
"what planet is that on?? it looks like Taris, in one of the apartments, but you have Jolee, so it can't be."
Sometimes you try to explain to someone how you do something, but they just don’t listen very well:

Quote:
[Shem answers how I got Jolee to Taris] "I warped there for fun when I did this scene."
[Someone with a listening skill problem] "Didn't you use the Galaxy Droid glitch?"
[Shem reiterates again] "No, I warped by using the cheat console."
Someone is really confused:

Quote:
"is it in xbox?? where is it? plz tell meeeeee"
I guess someone never had Bastila and Jolee in their party before:

Quote:
"Wow Shem, I've never seen this before."
Finally, a voice of reason:

Quote:
"why cant people think instead of asking shem evrything"

Carth and Jolee Converse
View page
YouTube Video

This one doesn’t have as much controversy because there isn’t another planet out there besides Taris you could put Jolee on and have people wonder how you did it.

Some women found their true love:

Quote:
"OMG I loveeeeee Carth"
This one speaks for itself:

Quote:
"Is this a mod because I never heard this conversation before??"
Some people really make me laugh:

Quote:
"WTF!?!? Jolee on Dantoine"
Just because someone is talked about in TSL, doesn’t mean they’re in it:

Quote:
"Wait you can talk to Jolee in KOTOR 2?"
Another humorous query:

Quote:
"what does BBY mean?.... Back Before Yogert?"

Let’s go back to one of my videos I’ve already covered with an update:

Using the Force Just For Fun
View page
YouTube Video

I never thought of Bastila this way :

Quote:
"aha i forgot all about that. bastilla reminds me of mary poppins"
Enjoy the update. Your reactions are awesome!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #63
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
This one deserves some kind of prize.

Quote:
Oh dear me...so incredibly dopey. Yet amusing for it.

Quote:

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #64
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:

Quote:
"Is this a mod because I never heard this conversation before??"
Really?
Quote:
Finally......

Bink's Sake

Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #65
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I find it amazing that people who've played these kinds of games aren't even aware of mods in the first place (esp when it's pointed out that a mod was being used). That and people's general lack of comprehension or willingness to read first and THEN ask questions.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #66
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Lemme see what I can do here:

Quote:
"how is it that they're in taris, I thought that the planet gets destroyed when you get out if, and you meet Jolie on a different planet right? from what I remember I went to the respectful gang leader, asked to race, fought to save bastilla, and then got hold of the Ebon Hawk and flew away. Then the planet got destroyed, then at some point I met Jolee on a different planet (might have been Kashyyk. So how is he on Taris? Please explain"
[Mockery]: How is it that this game dare functions in a way that doesn't make sense to me? I don't think I have any sense whatsoever, and it's pretty apparent when I ask quesitons that show I obviously haven't read the description, right? From what I remember there was all this crazy stuff and you fly away. Then the planet was bombarded and you meet the old man (might have been wookiee house), please tell me sine I'm too n00b-ish to be bothered to read a simple video description.[/HK-47]

Quote:
Finally, a voice of reason:
Quote:
Give this person a golden millennium falcon, a root beer float, and a big sloppy "bushwhacker's kiss", this person wins for intelligent YT commentary of the year.

Quote:
I never thought of Bastila this way :
Quote:

Uhh, okay? Huhuhuh-huhuh.

Where the F*ck did THAT come from???

Quote:
Another humorous query:
Quote:
"what does BBY mean?.... Back Before Yogert?"
My reply would be:
Uhuhuhuh-huhuh. It means...uhh, like, you're a dumbass, or something. Uhuhuhuh-huhuhuhuh.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #67
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Great Idea like that AskJeeves... Yeah! AskShem.com!

It! Just! Might! Work!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #68
Shem
Master of the Force

Kreia's Connection to Revan
View page
YouTube Video

This video’s comments got so out of control that I closed them. I may reopen them later to allow more stupid comments for our entertainment once I get through all my videos, but for now I must put an end to the stupidity. This is one of those times where I can do one video for an update and post a lot of information about it.

This video got more of the Kreia is Bastila comments than any of them out there. I’ll leave those out since I’ve already talked about those in another thread and even updated it recently, but other rumors were posted along with some of the funniest things ever said.

Let’s start with how some people just don’t pay attention. I can only do so much to help people know what planet I filmed this video on. I filmed it on M4-78’s raw modules. The annotations I put on there was a desperate attempt to help cut down the query about what planet this was even though it was answered several times and written in my summary, but it didn’t help. That is what prompted me to close the comments. Here is how many times people asked what planet this was on:

Quote:
"Seriously, and where are you??? I dont reconize where u r"

"where are u???????"

"where is this taking place???"

"WAT IS THAT PLANET??"

"where r u in this video?"

"where the hell is this lvl???? i have never seen it and ive beaten kotor2 like 8 times????"

"what planet are they on?"

"hey i have a question. where is that place that the jedi is talking to kreia about reven?"

"Were IS This??"

"Where is this!?"

"I didnt see this map... where is it???"

"where the heck are yout two at?!!!!"

"where is this?"

"hey, where r u in this video? and how u get that"

"Where is this?"

"where are they ??? WHIch PLaNET!??¿?"

"What planet is that on Ive played the game threw many-a-times and never seen it?"

"Where do this conversation take place?"

"what planet are you on?"

"where is this plz tell me im curios"

"where are you and kreia?"

"What planet is that?"

"where is this? it isn't at koriban, dosuun, peragus etcetera"

"what planet is this how do i get on it?"

"where is this duscution taking place cuz i dont recognize the backgound"

"which planet is this?? I´ve completed the game twice and never seen that place"

"wtf planet is this!"

"where was this??????"

"where exaclty was this taken? I've never seen that background before."

"i know this conversation it's not mode but i dont know what planet is this where are they? someone tell me what planet is this because planeet like this is not in pc version kotor 2"

"here are u in that game it dosent look familar"

"what planet is that?"

"wat world is that??"

"What planet is that?"

"What planet was that? O.o"

"what planet are you on in this?"

"where, i mean, on which planet is this place where they are talking?"

"on which planet the're talking?"

"what planet is this??"

"what's the planet you are on in the vid?"

"what planet is this?"

"what planet is that?!!!"
Having Kreia remove her hood left many people wondering:

Quote:
"why did she take her hood off"

"How did you get Kreia to get her hood off??"

"wtf!!! kreia in black robes and hood down!!! howdya do it???"

"nice. I've never seen Kreia with her hood down."

"How do you get her to lower her hood like that?"

"How do u get Kreia to pull her hood down???"

"how the hell u take off her hood"

"just asking how do u get kreia's hood off do u make her fall to the dark side or is it a mod"

"someone plz tell meh!!!! how u made her took off her hood?"

"how do u get her hood down? is it a mod? or do u need influence or something?"

"lol how u get her 2 take off hood?"

"how did you get Kreia to take her hood off?"

"How does Kreai take her hood off?"

"how did you make her cloak come of her head"

"Why isn't she wearing her hood?"

"how do you get kriea to take her hood off"

"How did you get Kreia to take off her hood?"
This guy made me laugh. If he really didn’t care, he wouldn’t have said this. Must have been jealous because he couldn’t figure out how to play with mods so he tells me off for doing it:

Quote:
"What planet is this? M4-78? Mod? Probably is, not how the game is meant to be played, go download more crap. Her hood doesnt come off either."
Some people can read, but can they truly comprehend what they read:

Quote:
"ok i've read the comments so you can reach this planet on the xbox by getting strong influence with kriea right?"
Where did people get the idea that role playing games were meant to be rushed through:

Quote:
"wow i have to play this game over again. this time I'll spend more time on developing the characters"
The all confusing influence system strikes again:

Quote:
"Can you get this convo without moding?"
Kreia is in a gray robe, but that doesn’t mean someone thinks it’s a black/Sith robe:

Quote:
"how u get kreia in a dark sith robe????"
Little does this guy know that you can get this conversation on the Xbox version as well:

Quote:
"man how much stuff was left out of KOTOR II, there is so much stuff I have seen here that I would not have seen otherwise, I only played it on the x box"
Someone is convinced this conversation is a mod:

Quote:
"its a freakin MOD u hear me ITS A [darn] MOD gosh"
Some wonder what species Kreia is:

Quote:
"is kreia a human?"

"I've always wondered. Is Kriea human?"
Someone really didn’t follow Kreia’s plan very well:

Quote:
"Kreia [is] weird. What does she want from you!!!???"
Someone thought that the Exile was Revan until watching this video:

Quote:
"Wait, in KOTOR 1 you were Revan. In KOTOR 2, you're not Revan? WTF? Someone explain."
How can you watch this video and wonder this:

Quote:
"ok ok one thing i have to get straight is Revan (your char in KOTOR 1) the same char as your char in KOTOR 2 ????"

Maybe this game was only meant for adults:

Quote:
"this game is kinda confusing hehe"
At least this person isn’t wondering if Bastila is Kreia like many others did:

Quote:
"is kreia the older bastila"
Another theory that will make you laugh out loud strikes again:

Quote:
"I speculate that Kreia might infact be Revan's mother. Would this entirily untrue, or thesable?"

"You think Kreia could be Revan's Mother?"
Though I don’t think what planet Revan was born on was revealed, his programmed identity was on Deralia:

Quote:
"i think Revan was born in Alderaan"
I guess Obsidian released the fake version of TSL:

Quote:
"does anybody have the REAL Kotor 2?"
Someone thinks this isn’t M4-78:

Quote:
"i think its Nar Shaddaa or however you spell it"
What video did this guy watch:

Quote:
"Dude [Kreia] practically telling you you are Darth Revan rewatch it with that in mind"
Oh, please :

Quote:
"Shem, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of plot twist that the exile is at least somehow related to Revan"
I’m seriously hoping this guy never played K1:

Quote:
"is kreia in kotor 1"
Would this be considered a step above thinking that Bastila is Kreia:

Quote:
"HEY!!! maybe Kreia is Belaya ya know juhanis' lover"
The all confusing TSL game made this guy wonder. Maybe we should petition for it to be rated “M” to keep the impatient teens away from it (I know it wouldn't work, but it's the thought that counts):

Quote:
"Where did Darth Nihilus come from? Is he Revan? ive had KOTOR 2 for 3 years and i can't figure that out"
I’m not going to try to make sense out of that one:

Quote:
"did u know that in kotor cartoon the exile is a son of revan?"
I would say this is KOTOR II: TSL, right:

Quote:
"i think this game is really the kotor 3 game"
Paying attention to the dialogue always helps:

Quote:
"I still dont [know] to this day what kreias true plan is, well was"
I debated on showing this comment, but everybody deserves to have the laugh I got out of it. However, could you please keep your comments to yourself? Just read it, get your laugh out of the way, or go to the toilet and puke if you need to; move on and let us never speak of this again:

Quote:
"oh god kreia jsut gave me a raging erection"
Just think there is more stupidity coming! I’m still enjoying your reactions!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #69
Darth Leo
Rookie

I must say... well I must say, now there's a fancy breed!

Really, this thread is an absolute riot. At least it was. I laughed a lot at first. Then a little less. Then barely at all. I still laugh, sometimes, but not much. The complete, unadulterated stupidity of these people is beyond me. It's not funny. It's sad.

Okay, it IS funny

Darth Leo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #70
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Clearly, YouTube is home to some odd and troubled beings...

Quote:
Well of course. 'Cause Belaya ages more in five years than Bastila. And changes her accent. And becomes a Jedi Master, gets cast out, is mentioned in a recording from the end of the Mandalorian War, reigns as a Sith Lord, trains at least three people...

Apart from those little things, that's an airtight argument.

It's incredible how easily some people can be confused. Change a few colours, have characters they have been staring at for the best part of twenty-odd hours do something marginally different, and they think it's a different game...

Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #71
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
"wow i have to play this game over again. this time I'll spend more time on developing the characters"
Good idea
Quote:
"i think its Nar Shaddaa or however you spell it"
Did this guy played the game?
Quote:
Uhhh....okay if you say so...

Bink's Sake

Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #72
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Those beings are quite amusing. If they were creatures in the Star Wars universe, I doubt they could be classified as sentient. I enjoyed this update Shem, and I look forward to more.
Once again I say: !

Old 06-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #73
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
"ok i've read the comments so you can reach this planet on the xbox by getting strong influence with kriea right?"

Quote:
"Wait, in KOTOR 1 you were Revan. In KOTOR 2, you're not Revan? WTF? Someone explain."
Let me put this in a way you can understand: Revan is gone. He left after the events of K1. He ain't coming back.

Quote:
"I speculate that Kreia might infact be Revan's mother. Would this entirily untrue, or thesable?"
...No. Just no.

Quote:
...I don't think so Tim.

Quote:
Unless I've missed something...I don't think there is a KOTOR cartoon.

Great finds as always Shem!
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #74
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
This one is still my favourite:
Quote:
"lol i bet none of u guys have beat the game lol... thats not darth bandon!!!! remem when u face him on tairs? he says after he besas u his master might reward him with a light saber? that guy already has 1!!!!! and second wtf??!!! zingodoom?!!! u dont have any party members exepct the droid carth onasai and bastala when u fight him!!! u talkin outta ur [snip]!!!!"
So Carth is a droid and T3-M4, Zaalbar and Mission never existed? Huh? Then I must have played another game than you. I bet mine is KotOR 3!

Totally:

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #75
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I think he merely neglected to put a comma between droid and carth. Still, he's talking out his [snip] too.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #76
EnderWiggin

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
i bet you havent even beet the gaem shem lol

_EW_

Yes, I hate you.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #77
Shem
Master of the Force

One of the things that I’ve come across with many YouTubers is that I can’t say “TSL” to them because a good number of them don’t know what that means. I have to say KOTOR II to make sure they understand what I say. When I get to any of those videos, I'll make sure to mention that.

Anyway, let’s update. This next one had enough content to do just one video update.

Showing Calo Nord the True Power of the Dark Side
View page
YouTube Video

Let’s just say I had the best interests of the ignorant YouTubers in mind when setting this video up. I changed one line of dialogue you can choose to kill Calo Nord:

Quote:
"You don't know the POWER of the DARK SIDE! I shall enjoy killing you slowly!"
Then I used Lit Ridl’s Multi-Force Kill to take out Calo and his thugs to see what kind of reactions I would get. Here are some memorable ones.

An Obi-Wan fan chimes in:

Quote:
"hmm ok for a Sith. If i were a jedi would have used mind trick like Obi Wan"
You can only do so much to lead people to the answer of what Force Power I used in that video:

Quote:
"What was that power that you used to slaughter those people?"

"whats that forcepower?"

"also whered u get the kool multi force choke?"

"How in the world can you get powers like that? Its gotta be a mod, right?"
I love watching people freak out. That was the whole reason for creating the video the way I did:

Quote:
"OH MY GOD!"

"what is that force power? Super Force Choke?"

"sweet mother of god!"

"You managed to kill Nord in the space of 18 seconds. I counted, lol."

"lol take that [w]itch"

"they got [freaking] OWNED"

"Holy crap, Note to self: don't [tick] [off] Revan"

"I never thought a turn based battle could look that cool."

"holy [crap] if revan, star wars and stuff was reall i wud be like so scared of revan"

"[fudge] he raped him"

"[Crap]...Note to self, watch out for Revan."

"Holy [crap] [gosh darn] hes strong!!!!!!!!!!1"

"Note to self- whenever getting too close to revan run away (really far)"

"HOLLLLLYYY CRRRAAAAPPPP!!!!!!! O_O ownnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeddddddd so bad"

"[Freak]ing own3d"

"DAAAAAAAAAA[R]N!"

"Holy Crap!!!! You sure gave them no mercy."

"OH SNAP."

"I.... um....just Wow"

"Now Thats power."

"Ouch...pwnd sooooo badly"

"OMG! I kicked there butt but not that fast!"

"Holy [crap]!!! that was fast man!!! I always play the light side in the game, but dang man!! I guess the dark side is as powerful as they say it is"

"holy crap how did u do that?"

"HOLY!!!!!!! ROBES!!!!!!!!"

"haha u make it look so easy"

"Man that power was ****in awesome. It was like a multichoke"

"how the hell did you get so powerful?"
Some people like what I do:

Quote:
"AMAZING ShemL"

"Shem is the man!"
Some people don’t:

Quote:
"He's a modded up loser.. with no life"
The redundant query of where to get Revan’s robes that I expected :

Quote:
"Can you get revans robes outside of the starforge ?"

"now how do you get all the stuff like Darth Revan's robes and stuff like that?"

"how u get that robe"

"uhh howd u get those armor for revan and calo?"

"howd you get revans robes."

"how did u get all that stuff?????"

"how did you get the darth revan clothing and mask???"

"how u get revans armor..."

"can some1 pls tell me how to get revan's armour thanks!"

"where u get that awesome robe?"

"is there any way to get revans cloak without cheats or modding?"

"How do you get the revan suit!?"

"how do you get darth reavens robes"
Not only do many people lack intelligence who watch my videos, they created their Revan in their image:

Quote:
"Actually, on the star forge, if you're dark side, you can get the cloak for 40 or 50 computer spikes."
Only one person asked this. I was expecting more queries:

Quote:
"How did you get that new dialog option?"
Ah, the Calo Nord hate:

Quote:
"calo nord's a [dork]"

"calo nord sounds a lot like calo nerd"

"colo nord he sucks wants i tried to be nice but he was asking for it dude"

"I hate calo nord lol"

"Calo Nord you little man, you deserved it.. with those stupid goggles XDD"

"Calo is a midget"

"I hated Calo Nord!!!"
No worries, Calo got a little love:

Quote:
"Shut up Calo Nord is great."

"BOO REVAN FOR CHOKING [CALO] HES THE BEST!!!!"
Then someone was insulted how I killed the bounty hunter and someone else agreed:

Quote:
"What I do have a problem with is people dissing one of the greatest bounty hunters of all time. At least in terms of style and greatness."

"Ya especially when the user has to cheat to 'own' him."
Someone pretends they hate cheats (or mods):

Quote:
"what i hate most about a Game is Cheats"
I like this person’s response to the complaints about my “cheating”:

Quote:
"look at all the complainers"
YouTube’s new Sherlock Holmes:

Quote:
"you gripped them all at the same time, that's not an original force power on KOTOR, that's blatently a mod."
Some got the illusion I have a no clipping Revan robe model:

Quote:
"JediShemL, please could you tell me which mod are you using for Darth Revan's robe? I tried out all of them from filefront and they have a terrible clipping that is absent from your video."

"Wow no clipping cape just stiff"
Did it ever occur to this guy that Revan and Vader lived about 4000 years apart:

Quote:
"Vader and Revan BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!"
Some not familiar with the turbo cheat:

Quote:
"why is Revan running so fast?"

"Dude u ran [freak]ing fast"
Another rises to claim his title as the next Sherlock Holmes:

Quote:
"i know that cheat its called turbo!"
Then another makes a discovering and takes the title of Sherlock:

Quote:
"Oh, and has anyone else noticed [Calo’s] about 4 ft. tall? reply"
Where do people come to these weird conclusions:

Quote:
"did u use Action Replay?"
This is funny. First the guy has no clue that Calo Nord and Darth Bandon come at a set location at four different planets based on the order you visit them, then lies to me when I told him why he only sees Calo Nord on Kashyyyk:

Quote:
[Guy with no clue] "No matter what I do, I always end up fighting Calo on Kahysykk, how do you end up fighting him on Tatooine?"
Quote:
[Shem response] "That's because you are set in a routine, which is not something to get in at first when playing a game with choices.You always pick Kashyyyk first when you depart Dantooine is why you always face Calo on Kashyyyk. If you had once picked any of the other planets first, Calo would have been there instead."
Quote:
[Guy with no clue lies] "I don't do this, and sometimes I leave Kashykk last because it's the most boring planet, it's random and he's always on kashykk. Maybe there is something else i'm missing."
Another strange query:

Quote:
"can anyone tell me why calo wears those goggles???"
Even RedHawke and his mods can’t escape without notice :

Quote:
"Is the redhawk site that hosts kotor mods any good?"
Wow:

Quote:
"wat planet is that"
At least this next person knew what planet it was:

Quote:
"how do you play as revan on tatooine?"
It’s been a while since I have reported this query, but someone again never tried playing as a Jedi Guardian, or never tried to hit the default attack from a reasonable distance:

Quote:
"whats that jump move to get his first kill, the one where he leaps then slices"
Someone is disagreeing out of the blue to remind you that I did it wrong:

Quote:
"Fail. Force lightning is much more effective."
This next person failed at his audition in becoming the next Sherlock Holmes of YouTube:

Quote:
"It must be a very high level then if you can force choke more than one target at a time with the use of one power.... unless I missed something here and thats just the way the video went."
Try to figure this out one:

Quote:
"hmm calos voice sounds diffrent in tht vid, can some shine a light on me pls?"
I totally overlooked this, but when making this video, I created an oxymoron and was called on it. Whoops :

Quote:
"i find it funny that you SAID you'd kill him *slowly* but thats the fastest nord takedown I've seen."
Enjoy the update. I know I keep saying this, but I do love reading your reactions so keep them up!

Last edited by Shem; 06-09-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #78
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
These threads of yours are pure entertainment, Shem.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #79
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Quote:
Showing Calo Nord the True Power of the Dark Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEi3...e=channel_page
DEEEZAMN! What a way to show off your modding skills.
...Think you made short enough work of Calo, there?

Quote:
An Obi-Wan fan chimes in:
Quote:
"hmm ok for a Sith. If i were a jedi would have used mind trick like Obi Wan"

It only works on the weak-minded. Have fun getting all those blaster craters put in you.

Quote:
I love watching people freak out. That was the whole reason for creating the video the way I did:
I know. Priceless.

Quote:
"OH MY GOD!"

"what is that force power? Super Force Choke?"

"sweet mother of god!"
The things people will say.

Quote:
"You managed to kill Nord in the space of 18 seconds. I counted, lol."
I hope you don't count every time with your girlfriend--at least that you'll reveal--she might call you a dork. You wouldn't like that now would you?

Quote:
"lol take that [w]itch"

"they got [freaking] OWNED"
Clichéd responses--one much older, the other relatively new.

Quote:
"[fudge] he raped him"
It never ceases to amaze me all the different variations and uses for the word rape come up...more and more often. <shakes head>

Quote:
"[Crap]...Note to self, watch out for Revan."
Additional note: Beavis thinks you're a dork. And a bunghole.

Quote:
"Note to self- whenever getting too close to revan run away (really far)"
Additional note: Uhh, once he's seen you, you're pretty much dead anyways. If you run you'll only die tired. Stat still and he'll make it quick-ish.

Quote:
"[Freak]ing own3d"
More clichee in new packaging. >_>

Quote:
"Holy Crap!!!! You sure gave them no mercy."
Naw, ya think?

Quote:
"OH SNAP."
Impersonating effeminate guy on European VW commercial or something.

Quote:
"I.... um....just Wow"

"Now Thats power."
Proper appreciation.

Quote:
"Holy [crap]!!! that was fast man!!! I always play the light side in the game, but dang man!! I guess the dark side is as powerful as they say it is"

"holy crap how did u do that?"
It could be a MOD...don't suppose you've ever heard of 'mods' or 'modding'? LAWL

Quote:
"is there any way to get revans cloak without cheats or modding?"
Uhhh...No

Quote:
I like this person’s response to the complaints about my “cheating”:
Quote:
"look at all the complainers"
Now, If I were you, Shem...I'd consider watching out for that one's incoming friend invite--maybe look past a few incidences of chain linking posts? From the sound of it, I like him already.

Quote:
Did it ever occur to this guy that Revan and Vader lived about 4000 years apart:

Quote:
"Vader and Revan BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!"
Maybe...maybe not.

Quote:
Then another makes a discovering and takes the title of Sherlock:
Quote:

Nah...... REALLY? I couldn't have told it was so, unless you got out a measuring tape...

Quote:
Where do people come to these weird conclusions:

Quote:
"did u use Action Replay?"
Ah, another naive, clueless xbox player.

Quote:
Try to figure this out one:

"
Quote:
hmm calos voice sounds diffrent in tht vid, can some shine a light on me pls?"
First off: That's some pretty original wording, buddy.

As to the comment... I don't know why you'd have me shed light on you, especially if it's a hearing problem you're after. But, okay, whatever you want. (Hold still!)
:

Quote:
I totally overlooked this, but when making this video, I created an oxymoron and was called on it. Whoops :

Quote:
"i find it funny that you SAID you'd kill him *slowly* but thats the fastest nord takedown I've seen."
Hmm. So did I, Shem...very observant. That person has a good point. ......guess it's time to go to work on re-working the content a bit?
(I'd seriously hire that person to find all the little glitches and flaws like this one if I were creating a video game!!!) Another one I'd consider befriending.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #80
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Oh yeah... Never actually noticed that one!!!!!!! Come on.... And the poster is asking for replies?

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Seriously – What Game Did You Play? [Spoilers]