lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #641
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I think someone did a mac conversion...But if you are on an intel mac you can install using a program like crossover.

But first let me look for the "Mac" version.

EDIT:I found it. Now I never have actually played through with the "mac version" of BoS so I can not guarantee anything.

But you might try it cause I have had friends use it and say it has worked. So good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laar_Dha View Post
Yes, it can be done: with a bit of tinkering.
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

The problem with running BoS is some of the file formats won't work with the Mac version of the game. So I'll try to describe what I did to get it running; installing follows the manual install directions except for the following:

The .bik movies have to be converted to Quicktime .mov format in order to play properly. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only way to convert them out of .bik format is with Rad Tools Bink Converter (Windows only, I'm afraid). Once converted to .avi format, Quicktime can easily open and save the files to the .mov format. Then they go into the movies folder.

The mp3 files won't play unless you change the extension name to .wav. DO NOT convert the files to wav format - they won't work. Then they go into streammusic and streamwaves as per installation instructions.

The next tricky part is installing the 1.1 patch (which you really need). Since TSLPatcher doesn't work on Mac OS, it''s got to be done manually. The following files go in your override folder:
astro.dlg
bos_shabat.utp
bos_channa2.dlg
bos_shabat2.ncs
bos_czerkadoor2.ncs
bos_shabat2.utp
bos_czerkadoor4.ncs
cir_dancejournzl.ncs
bos_haryar.ncs
cir_onenter.ncs
bos_haryar2.ncs
end.dlg
bos_kob2.dlg
end2.dlg
bos_liftthing2b.ncs
matilda.dlg
bos_liftthing2z.ncs
orn_fadein.ncs
bos_mainliftb.ncs
sales_person.dlg
bos_mandaxe.uti
sith_saberz.ncs
bos_mandaxe2.uti
tem_blatrig3.dlg
bos_plotkey.uti
tem_channawake.ncs
bos_shabat.ncs
tem_unequip.ncs

Ignore the other files in the tslpatchdata folder; they are source files and files used by TSLPatcher to patch modules. Since TSLPatcher isn't an option; you need another way to get the modules patched. What I did, was copy the patched files from the modules folder in the Windows version. (I was lazy and let TSLPatcher do the work.) You need copies of the following 21 mod files to drop into the Modules folder on your Mac:
bos_bridge.mod
bos_circle.mod
bos_czerka.mod
bos_czerka2.mod
bos_czerka4.mod
bos_orion2.mod
bos_taris.mod
bos_tem3.mod
bos_sewers.mod
bos_sintem.mod
bos_stage1.mod
bos_stage2.mod
bos_stage3.mod
bos_stage4.mod
bos_wastes2.mod
bos_wastes4.mod
ship.mod
ship4.mod
ship5.mod
vision1.mod
vision3.mod
System Notes: If your system is just meeting the minimum requirements for KOTOR, you are going to have some trouble. There are some pretty graphics intense sections, turning your graphics options all the way down may help. I did most of my playing on a PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility w/ 64 MB vram. Increasing the ram to 1Gb helped a wee bit, but this system did have some problems with audio and with some lagging in the really busy scenarios. On a Power Mac G5 2.0 GHz dual core PPC, 2.5 GB Ram, Nvidia 6600 LE w/ 128Mb vram, the mod ran a whole lot smoother. But I still had to turn down the graphics in a few areas. I suspect that a better graphics card and a sound card should eliminate the problems. I don't know about Intel Macs, but jeb2104 is going to try it out. If you have problems, PM me and I'll be glad to try and help. Also, any improvements from other Mac folks would be great.

That's all you need; time to enjoy! Laar Dha

If you don't want to fix up the files yourself, I've put them all together for you. Here is the link for now:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFM43YP5

Last edited by Rinku; 06-23-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #642
Random Nickos
Rookie

Or use force wave and slice them up while they are stunned.
Random Nickos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #643
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfell View Post
Playing through the mod for the first time and loving it! Up to now that is. Just dispatched the three Jedi Masters in Dantooine (I hate Vrook!) without much problem. Then die in one turn when surrounded by about 10 Brotherhood of Shadow brethern. First round typically has my character taking 140 points. Dead before second round is completed.

Suggestions?
Focus your attack on the real Shadow. Watch the scene where Shadow replicates himself and keep an eye on the real one. Once the battle starts, attack the real one and once you kill him, the others dissapate as well.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #644
darth trea
Rookie

thank you so much im gonna test it and ill tell you if there are any problems
ps. can you do the same for recrutable kay for me i only have macs at my house so i cant convert you dont have to though

Last edited by darth trea; 06-24-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: for a post script
darth trea is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #645
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I'll check the thread and tell you if there is a "mac conversion" (via PM)

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #646
darth trea
Rookie

thanks
bugs so far, i cant talk to the merchant she doesnt apear can you help me with that and tell me what to do i would love it.
i found the kay mac version nvm about that
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #647
bryzz
Rookie

i want to gather a few modders to make a mod that replaces all of the ranged weapon models in K1 but i noticed that you all added at least one ranged weapon in this mod and to not mess anything up by changing the model im asking if the ranged weapons in this mod use there own textures different then those original textures
bryzz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #648
Seikan

There is not any custom ranged weapon, in the mod, at least not one that change any skin, or whatever.

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #649
darth trea
Rookie

hey can someone send me copies of ALL the modules because i dont have all of them

Edit: and in what module do u recruit the girl twelik

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-28-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Combining needless DP...
Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #650
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Unhappy Me too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neino Ranatos View Post
Hey guys. I encountered a problem in the mod.
spoiler:
When Shadow[Matilda] passes out in the tunnels on Korriban's catacombs under the czerka residential module and she goes into her first-time-on-Orion flash back, as soon as she is done talking to the Arkanian guy after he says he will give her her a tour,
the game crashes. The game crashes at this point every time it seems. I have the Revan robes with the flowing cape fix but I don't see how it would affect that section of code. Maybe it will, but its odd. I didn't update the game before installation of the mod, is that what is causing it? In my game Shadow's sith uniform has the wrong mdoel strangely..that might be the cause. ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades View Post
I am having a similar problem, although my screen just stays black and I can access the menu shortcuts in the top right of the screen (even though they are not visible). The only mods I have installed are Make Carth/Mission a Jedi by RedHawke, the robes from 90SK, and Super Skip Taris. When I try loading from another part of the game, screen stays black as well, but I can still hear dialogue and other noises like gun shots, footsteps, etc. I have the BoSSR patch, but not the KOTOR game patch.
I can't get through this point either, right after talking to Kobayashi at the Orion, a crash to desktop there. And I'm not wearing Revan robes when playing this dialog.
Thing is crash happens while executing script orn_chara in my case, this script has lines like these which I'm not sure exactly what they do:

TAR_StripCharacter(GetFirstPC(), GetObjectByTag("bos_storage"));
DelayCommand(0.5,ExecuteScript("orn_equip", oArea));

the fade-outs in that dialog seem to play ok before reaching this script and crashing to desktop ... strange considering I've reached this point without a crash to desktop ... only 1 delay once.

any ideas??

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #651
ZacO32
Lurker

hey guys i have a problem with the mod i have o to the part where shadow and i are in the cave before the korroban wastes and she she just fated and haveing her flash back on the orion and just before she gose to see the captin the game crashed i have reinstaled the game and the mod and still nothing has fixed it is there anyway i can fix this problem ?
ZacO32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #652
darth trea
Rookie

i have a way of warping if u need to.
look at the module folder and it put in warp then map name.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #653
ZacO32
Lurker

how would i go about warping ? sorry kindda new to all this :L haha
ZacO32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #654
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
So the Shadow just had her conversation with Drexl on the bridge of the Orion, Admiral Cole and Drexl have their chat, the transmission ends, and then Drexl says something about a wild fight. Then fade out, loads new level aaaaand... black. With gun sound effects. I know there's supposed to be a battle cinematic here, but it isn't playing, it just infinitely plays the black screen with the battle sound effects.

Help...?

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #655
RC-0006 Raptor
Lurker

Current Game: SWTOR
This has happened to me many times along with Kobayashi cutting into my cpu and stopping the game. Unfortunately the only solution I could find was to keep retrying and saving frequently before parts that black out.

Fixer: "There's the core ship, sir."
Scorch: "Are you sure, 40? I mean, maybe there's another one around the corner."
―Delta Squad on Geonosis

"Late...way late. Like if Late was throwing a party and everyone expected him to be the last one to show up, you'd be there after him"
―auronp264 on SWTOR's Preorder Early Access Release Date
RC-0006 Raptor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #656
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Wink finally ... it was about time ... heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacO32 View Post
hey guys i have a problem with the mod i have o to the part where shadow and i are in the cave before the korroban wastes and she she just fated and haveing her flash back on the orion and just before she gose to see the captin the game crashed i have reinstaled the game and the mod and still nothing has fixed it is there anyway i can fix this problem ?
well after tinkering for hours with some scripts-dialogs looks like I figured out a way to go on playing after the crash to desktop in this instance (after waking up with Kobayashi in the Orion for 1 time, right after ending the mining tunnels module), as few people reported ... it won't be exactly a 'clean' bug fix but it might work for someone else besides me ...

if anyone interested shot me a PM 'cause some files are needed to do it ...

by the way, I'll post later my impressions when I finish the mod but this is really ... UNBELIEVABLE ... the scope-size of this ... I'm simply speechless ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #657
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-0006 Raptor View Post
This has happened to me many times along with Kobayashi cutting into my cpu and stopping the game. Unfortunately the only solution I could find was to keep retrying and saving frequently before parts that black out.
All right, I'll just keep trying. Thanks for the response!

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #658
madmatt9890
Lurker

I have installed this and after I talk to the rodian in the korriban cantina I get a blank journal entry. How do I fix this? Is there a way to uninstall it and reinstall the mod without messing with my saves if I have not played the mod on them yet? I also have the ord mantell and yavin IV mods installed, but there were no problems with my game until I talked to the rodian. I go to tatooine to meet daemon drex and he is not where he is supposed to be spawned. Please help, any information would be useful.
madmatt9890 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #659
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Just finished the mod. AMAZING! Absolutely fantastic. Blah, blah, blah, everyone said this years ago. But yeah. Greatest mod I've ever played. Well, obviously, it's the top-rated mod in the entire community. BUT STILL. If you read this, Silveredge, your mod is still being greatly enjoyed a year later.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #660
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Unhappy help needed ...

Well, now I'm having an unbeatable Akirakon in here:

Show spoiler

someone else should have this issue right? ...

thanks on advance

Edit: nevermind, fixed. I had to change a script&dialog to advance nevertheless still don't have a clue why he's undefeatable, in 4 of the 5 'stage' modules ...

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods

Last edited by GeorgNihilus; 07-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #661
Darth_Calo
Rookie

To Silveredge: I played through the original BoS, and I have to say, it was brilliant. I can only imagine the genius that has gone into the sequel. Once I finish my current game, I will backup my saves, uninstall all mods, and revel in this. Once again mate, you're work is top-notch.

DC

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #662
CanadaDuck
Lurker

Current Game: SW BattleFront 2
Hey guys, I recently got the Brotherhood of Shadows, Solomons Revenge mod for my KotOR on my PC.

Spoiler/:?
I have trouble pretty earlier in this mod, on the ship Orion.

After Deamon as taken over the ship and everyones dead from the Brotherhood fo Shadows guys, I have to find 3 codes inside droids to get open the Storage room door where the Artifact is. I have been everywhere and all over the ship and I can only find 3 droids, 2 of the smaller droids, and 1 medical droid. Only 1 of them gives me a code when I destroy it, the other 2 dont let me do anything, so I cant go on. If I force open the door, I cant interact with anything inside. Any Help?

Thanks,

CanadaDuck

From http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...29#post2740129

-GMRZ-Canada{MM}Duck=SWGO
xfire: x1canadaduck1x
CanadaDuck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #663
Mingo
Lurker

hey guys, i just downloaded this mod today and was wondering if i could get some help installing it. i was running the exe installer because i read the readme and it said thats the only way to ensure the solomons revenge mod didnt overwrite my other mods. anyway during the install i got an error for an unhandled exception and it is saying the access is denied. then the installer stops ( am running as administrator on windows 7) i have not tried a manual install yet because i wanted to be sure my other mods wouldnt be over written ( a few force power mods recruitable kay, and ord mandell) can someone lend me a hand? thanks
Mingo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #664
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Red face Carth and Canderous off my party

Maybe someone already asked this but I just couldn't read all the posts ... so, I suppose I just need to wait and be patient for once to ...
Show spoiler

thanks on advance, UNBELIEVABLE mod Silver ...

edit: solved I found Silver's post about warping to both tunnels and czerka main level to restore them to party. Fixed in the patch too although I haven't tried it yet. thanks anyway.

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods

Last edited by GeorgNihilus; 07-21-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #665
skateordie808
Rookie

I just played through what I thought was the whole mod (which was INCREDIBLY AWESOME) but then I was going through some of the mod release screens and I realized,

I haven't gone into the sewers, I never talked to a bunch of jedi with malak on dantooine in the enclave, i never saw telena fighting shadow in the enclave either... also I went through KSE item list and there was a boatload of awesome stuff that I never saw before... anyone know why?

Edit: Well I did the assassination missions and gained most of the items I wanted and got in the non-canon foot locker, so I guess the only problem was that I didn't play the part with malak and revan on dantooine, but no biggie the mod was still amazing!

Last edited by skateordie808; 07-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
skateordie808 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #666
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Unhappy Old items???

What about the inventory BEFORE starting this mod? I can't seem to recover it after finishing this mod ... and I have travelled to 3 planets already ...

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #667
Darth Dan 012
Rookie

I'm in the administrator's office and I can't get out, Shadow's not even with me.
Darth Dan 012 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #668
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Just want to give my thanks to the members who have been replying to posts in my stead over the past year or so. I haven't been active at all for a good while now, and many questions have gone unanswered. Unfortunately this isn't likely to change any time soon. I moved on from KoTOR modding a long time ago and found other things to occupy my time (Work mostly, haha). Besides, my knowledge of KoTOR modding and especially the inner workings of BoS:SR isn't what it used to be, so I probably wouldn't be much help anyway. :P

Though I'm surprised nobody ever discovered the easter egg I mentioned in past posts. If I remember correctly there was a gizka in the Czerka Compound which you could release from its cage. The easter egg is activated when you go near the Gizka and activate the detonator found in the Administrator side quest. Have fun!

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #669
Darth Dan 012
Rookie

The gizka killing everyone was funny as hell, such an awesome easter egg.
Darth Dan 012 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #670
Darth Weasel
Rookie

Current Game: Fallout: New Vegas
This is hands down my favorite KotOR 1 Mod. I've played through it 3 times and still can't get over how awesome it is.

I am Weasel, I am a Sith, hear me roar.

Check out what I have done in my TSL Conversion mod here http://thefirstcontact.webs.com/

These are my other mods
http://darthweaselmods.webs.com/
Darth Weasel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #671
MishraArtificer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Weasel View Post
This is hands down my favorite KotOR 1 Mod. I've played through it 3 times and still can't get over how awesome it is.
+1.

Nothing further need be said.
MishraArtificer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #672
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Post Awesome ...

Outstanding mod Silver, what else can be said ... the modules detailed reskinning, the depth of every character (specially Kobayashi and Matilda herself), the amazing new weapons and most important, the history behind it is really impressive.

thanks you and your team for all the hard work and time!!

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #673
ChordRT
Lurker

Same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
So the Shadow just had her conversation with Drexl on the bridge of the Orion, Admiral Cole and Drexl have their chat, the transmission ends, and then Drexl says something about a wild fight. Then fade out, loads new level aaaaand... black. With gun sound effects. I know there's supposed to be a battle cinematic here, but it isn't playing, it just infinitely plays the black screen with the battle sound effects.

Help...?
Did you ever get any info on what is causing this or how to fix it?
ChordRT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2010, 03:59 AM   #674
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
Hi, everyone!, I have tried to install this mod.. but it dosn't work! I have checked my files and the mod is there but there's no bos_save on the game and it isn't any absolute different from the usial game.... PLEASE HELP ME!

By the way i'm kinda new here and i just wanna say that i really support your mod!
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #675
Intress
Lurker

I've only noticed two, possibly, three problems so far with this mod and I'm not exactly sure how to fix any of them.

The first thing I noticed, was many of the models seemed to get switched around a lot. One save file I had Verbal's model become a human in a red jacket, and I had Sin turn into what looked like a default player model. I've had his brethren turn into wraids and other models with Sara Degana, Drix, and Walon turning into player models, and now Drix turned into a Gamorrean. I figured it was a problem with appearance.2da, but I know nothing about editing .2da files and have no idea why the models rarely seem to be consistent.

The second problem I had was after finishing the mod and attempting to leave the Czerka Mining Facility, the game exited to the main menu when I tried entering Dreshdae. Any attempt to enter into it from the Civilian Quarters, warping to the Ebon Hawk and exiting the ship, or warping anywhere on Korriban quit the game to the menu and lock up the controls. It only happened on one save that I've since deleted, but I'd prefer it to not happen again and haven't progressed that far into the mod again yet. I had to make sure I finished Korriban before I attempted the mod again, and now these randomly switched models are worrying me.

The last problem may not even be related, yet when I go into Dreshdae from the space port I occasionally hear a sound in the background as if a rodian is being tortured. I don't know if it's related or even anything to worry about, but I figured I may as well mention it.

Since I've finished Korriban and will be doing the mod I'm not expecting problems with it crashing after I'm done to matter at this point. That being said does anyone know what can be done to fix the model issues, or if just some editing/reinstalling is all I can do?

"When light no longer rose to kiss me,
I swore to tear Heaven asunder
As flights of fallen angels wished me
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...natures/gr.png
For I beheld Satan as he fell from Heaven like lightning!
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
Intress is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #676
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intress View Post
The first thing I noticed, was many of the models seemed to get switched around a lot. One save file I had Verbal's model become a human in a red jacket, and I had Sin turn into what looked like a default player model. I've had his brethren turn into wraids and other models with Sara Degana, Drix, and Walon turning into player models, and now Drix turned into a Gamorrean. I figured it was a problem with appearance.2da, but I know nothing about editing .2da files and have no idea why the models rarely seem to be consistent.
This is definitely a 2da issue, caused either by improper order of mod installation(I will look for an old post I made on this subject) or by OS issues. Not BoS:SR related, this is user error, no offense

Quote:
The second problem I had was after finishing the mod and attempting to leave the Czerka Mining Facility, the game exited to the main menu when I tried entering Dreshdae. Any attempt to enter into it from the Civilian Quarters, warping to the Ebon Hawk and exiting the ship, or warping anywhere on Korriban quit the game to the menu and lock up the controls. It only happened on one save that I've since deleted, but I'd prefer it to not happen again and haven't progressed that far into the mod again yet. I had to make sure I finished Korriban before I attempted the mod again, and now these randomly switched models are worrying me.
Not sure about this one... played the mod through several times and not encountered it. What other mods do you have installed? Do you happen to have Agent Xim's Korriban Caves or RedHawke's Ord Mantell installed? Those will have conflicting scripts with BoS:SR. There are workarounds, we can work that out after you correctly install the mods. I would recommend not warping around that much when there are so many triggers you can break.... Korriban is loaded with stuff going on, so warping around before certain booleans have been set or triggers plucked will b*tchslap your game.

Quote:
The last problem may not even be related, yet when I go into Dreshdae from the space port I occasionally hear a sound in the background as if a rodian is being tortured. I don't know if it's related or even anything to worry about, but I figured I may as well mention it.
This is part of what goes on in Korriban... it is a dark place, with torture n junk.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 09-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #677
Intress
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
This is definitely a 2da issue, caused either by improper order of mod installation(I will look for an old post I made on this subject) or by OS issues. Not BoS:SR related, this is user error, no offense
None taken I figured it had to have been something I did while installing the mods, only thing is I'm not sure what or how. I put all the non-TSL patcher ones in first, and then installed the rest after. The only thing I haven't done is cleared out the modules folder, cause I don't remember what's supposed to be in there by default and didn't feel like messing with stuff I didn't need to. Think I should just back up my saves and reinstall the game and the mods afterwards?

Quote:
Not sure about this one... played the mod through several times and not encountered it. What other mods do you have installed? Do you happen to have Agent Xim's Korriban Caves or RedHawke's Ord Mantell installed? Those will have conflicting scripts with BoS:SR. There are workarounds, we can work that out after you correctly install the mods. I would recommend not warping around that much when there are so many triggers you can break.... Korriban is loaded with stuff going on, so warping around before certain booleans have been set or triggers plucked will b*tchslap your game.
The only mods I have installed besides BoS:SR are:

Challenge Sith

Fast Feats, Feat Progression, Force Power Feat Gain

Save Malak, Sherruk uses Lightsabers

Any Spell, Force Destruction, Force Quake, K1 Force Power Pack v2, Multi-Kill & Plague

Male Head Pack by Inyriforge

Bralor the Mandalorian, Enhanced Merchants, Mind-Bot

EZSwoop

Davik on Ebon Hawk, Super Skip Taris

Bastila Romance Enhancement, Glitch Fix, Juhani Romance

Star Forge Revan's Robes by SithRevan, Revan Robe Fix by Drizen I believe is the one I have.

and Lightsaber Choices v2 I think is the newest one.

Other than that I had A Lost Sith On A Nameless World with the Fix(which seemed to have a conflict somehwere), Zombie Planet (which had a warning during install), T3-M4 Workbench , Force Resurrect (had a file missing somehow?), and 90SK's Robes (I thought it changed Ajunta Pall's model to any evern worse choice so I removed it, then the model stayed the same and I just never bothered putting it back in).

I'm not sure if it'll happen again because it didn't happen until after I had finished BoS:SR and was going to finish Korriban since I put it off to play the mod. I tried warping to see if it was just that particular exit, or just Dreshdae, or the entirety of Korriban that was an issue. Korriban was just broken somehow. Other those few times I hadn't warped before on that file and I've since deleted it and started over from an earlier one (had to replay Kashyyyk and Manaan) where I just finished the first BoS quest. However, Drix's model had changed since the last time I had saved, so I didn't go any farther in the quest line and thought it best if I come here and ask around.

Quote:
This is part of what goes on in Korriban... it is a dark place, with torture n junk.
I was just curious cause I've never heard that sound playing at the part of Korriban. Just seems weird I'd have Rodian pain/death sounds playing as I'm entering Deshdae just after getting off the Ebon Hawk. As long as nothings wrong there, that's fine.

Thanks for replying, I'm quite stumped to be honest. I'm thinking the best bet is to just backup saves and reinstall everything afterwards. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, cause I'm not knowledgeable and don't need to mess up anything trying to edit files.

Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
Old 09-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #678
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
90SK's Robes
Suspect Numero Uno.
Quote:
I was just curious cause I've never heard that sound playing at the part of Korriban. Just seems weird I'd have Rodian pain/death sounds playing as I'm entering Deshdae just after getting off the Ebon Hawk. As long as nothings wrong there, that's fine.
I think it is part of a change in the ambient music switched after you have your first encounters with Sith Academy students torturing civilians for fun
Quote:
Thanks for replying, I'm quite stumped to be honest. I'm thinking the best bet is to just backup saves and reinstall everything afterwards. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, cause I'm not knowledgeable and don't need to mess up anything trying to edit files.
I might be concerned about your savegames... they may not work well with a fresh install. That is a sad part of saves with conflicted mods in them...

Welcome to the forums!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #679
Intress
Lurker

Quote:
Suspect Numero Uno.
So, 90SK's robes is the likely cause? I was having the models switch on me before I used the mod if I recall, then I installed it and Ajunta Pall changed from a dark jedi to some vaguely Nemo/Deadeye Duncan lookalike. I think maybe after that my character model started changing too. Model would change to a female twi'lek or the hooded dark jedi model. I didn't know what caused it, but fixed it with KSE and then stopped using it the minute I saw Pall, and afterwards his model never returned to normal.

Quote:
I think it is part of a change in the ambient music switched after you have your first encounters with Sith Academy students torturing civilians for fun
Huh, interesting. I've never had that happen before. As long as it's nothing I should be concerned about.

Quote:
I might be concerned about your savegames... they may not work well with a fresh install. That is a sad part of saves with conflicted mods in them...
Oh well, I've had to restart before. Well, if the saves no longer work then that's just something I'll have to deal with. So, what do you propose? Should I reinstall everything and hope for the best, or figure something else out? I liked 90SK's robes, but if they're gonna cause problems with my 2da's then I don't think I'll be able to use them in the future.

Thank you for your welcome, glad to be hear.

EDIT: In your opinion Qui-Gon, would you suggest I not use 90SK's because it would cause this problem again? Do you know of a similar mod reskins the default robes or adds new ones, and won't cause any problems? I did quite enjoy the way they looked, because if not I think maybe I'll just stick with robes for BoS:SR.

Last edited by Intress; 09-25-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Additional query
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #680
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
well, you don't need to worry about me now, i got it all installed and it's GREAT! but i can't get any further becouse i don't know what to do.....
I am at new the korriban place (at that floor with the elivator..) and i can't get further in the game becouse i can't find that white guy with a red nose anywhere so i can't get to the mining facility (i just guess you need him becouse the woman tells me that i there are supposed to be 3 guys coming and i could only replace 2 on that consoll that the twi'lek gave me and that was shadow and me..)
anyway, it would be great if anyone could help me
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge