lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #281
ARC Cody
Rookie

Why don't the Czerka guards wear Czerka uniforms?
ARC Cody is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #282
Templar Crusader
Lurker

Created this account to ask this question. Is this mod Savegame compatible (I have already downloaded and played through the old BoS)? Hopefully it isn't because I loaded a save I have previously made before the old BoS game, started it up to see the new changes and all the walls on the ship were black and see through. If it isn't compatible do I have to delete and restart all my old games? Thanks for any answer and sorry if this has already been answered before.

Also: I know for sure I successfully downloaded and installed Solomon's revenge.
Templar Crusader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #283
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister V View Post
As I said I didn't do anything else with the game besides installing BoS:SR, so I suppose that folder should've been clean. If it's not the mod, then what could be the problem? Last time I played this game on Vista (another PC) without service pack, and it worked...
I'd really like to play the mod though without the constant crashing. There aren't many mods of this level in the world.
Like I said, there really is no reason for BoS:SR to cause problems of that severity. Does KOTOR run fine without the mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
Now i feel really stupid... what was i supposed to do when the "admiral karath" dialog fires after fighting malak for the first time? When i installed the mod i saw instructions for this bug but now after maybe 40 minutes of frantic readme and thread reading i cant find it....
You've lost me. What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4R7H 5K3L370R View Post
Show spoiler
Sounds like a strange bug. Have you tried replaying that section to see if it repeats itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Cody View Post
Why don't the Czerka guards wear Czerka uniforms?
The same reason all the Czerka guards on Korriban don't wear Czerka uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Crusader View Post
Created this account to ask this question. Is this mod Savegame compatible (I have already downloaded and played through the old BoS)? Hopefully it isn't because I loaded a save I have previously made before the old BoS game, started it up to see the new changes and all the walls on the ship were black and see through. If it isn't compatible do I have to delete and restart all my old games? Thanks for any answer and sorry if this has already been answered before.

Also: I know for sure I successfully downloaded and installed Solomon's revenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoS:SR Read-Me
Q - During an earlier playthrough of the original BoS, I made a save after I completed it. Can I continue from this save and then play through the new content added by Solomon's Revenge?
A - Due to various significant changes to the original BoS, this is not possible, and will only cause unnecessary bugs. You have to start again, before the quests "A Favour for a Rodian" and "The Brotherhood of Shadow" were completed.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #284
CrimsonJedi
Lurker

First let me say Iím a big fan and I have really enjoyed BoS:SR thus far, however I am having a problem. The game crashes at the same point each time without fail. It has taken me quite a while to ask but I have tried several times without success. I have tried reinstalling the entire game, starting over from the beginning of the game (several times) and loading previous saves. I first tried it on my existing install since there are not supposed to be severe compatibility issues, subsequently on later game reinstalls I did install a few mods but not nearly as many as I had in my existing install. Those mods are as follows.

Bodies Stay: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Stay_K1;97650

Call of Aid v1.4: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._of_Aid;100053

Whole New Malak: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ew_Malak;44857

Enhanced Merchants: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...s_for_K1;73213

Feat Progression: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...n_for_K1;76579

Force Powers Progression: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...or_KOTOR;61184

Juhani to Drow Mod: http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?...45bbf59094110e

Movie Style Lightsabers: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...er_Hilts;72773

Bastila Improvement Project: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Project;79888

Iím a level 20 Darkside Guardian, here is my problem.

Show spoiler

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
CrimsonJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #285
D4R7H 5K3L370R
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR,tSL,EAW
well, it appears i'm not the only one who is having trouble accessing this area.
i'm really beginning to think it is a conflict issue with other mods.
D4R7H 5K3L370R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #286
ironheart
Rookie

Heh, that sounds like the same problem I had. Don't have any of those mods installed though. Redid my override folder but i haven't gotten that far yet so I don't know if it's fixed or not. Hmm.
ironheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #287
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonJedi View Post
First let me say Iím a big fan and I have really enjoyed BoS:SR thus far, however I am having a problem. The game crashes at the same point each time without fail. It has taken me quite a while to ask but I have tried several times without success. I have tried reinstalling the entire game, starting over from the beginning of the game (several times) and loading previous saves. I first tried it on my existing install since there are not supposed to be severe compatibility issues, subsequently on later game reinstalls I did install a few mods but not nearly as many as I had in my existing install. Those mods are as follows.

Bodies Stay: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Stay_K1;97650

Call of Aid v1.4: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._of_Aid;100053

Whole New Malak: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ew_Malak;44857

Enhanced Merchants: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...s_for_K1;73213

Feat Progression: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...n_for_K1;76579

Force Powers Progression: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...or_KOTOR;61184

Juhani to Drow Mod: http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?...45bbf59094110e

Movie Style Lightsabers: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...er_Hilts;72773

Bastila Improvement Project: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Project;79888

Iím a level 20 Darkside Guardian, here is my problem.

Show spoiler

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Well the best thing to do if you suspect there is a confliction of some kind occurring would be to reinstall BoS:SR into a fresh override and then load the autosave created when you entered the module.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #288
CrimsonJedi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Well the best thing to do if you suspect there is a confliction of some kind occurring would be to reinstall BoS:SR into a fresh override and then load the autosave created when you entered the module.
Yes that did work.

Sorry for being such a noob but I really didn't think those mods were affecting it. Because I would install them first and the run the patcher for BoS and vice versa and would receive no warnings.

I really did widdle down my list of mods and these are some of my favorites so I guess I have to try them one at a time.

Thanks for your time, sorry for wasting it.
CrimsonJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #289
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonJedi View Post
Yes that did work.

Sorry for being such a noob but I really didn't think those mods were affecting it. Because I would install them first and the run the patcher for BoS and vice versa and would receive no warnings.

I really did widdle down my list of mods and these are some of my favorites so I guess I have to try them one at a time.

Thanks for your time, sorry for wasting it.
If you manage to determine which mod is causing the problem, make sure you notify me. I can take a look and see if I can make them compatible in the forthcoming patch.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #290
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

It was the... oh crap... It mustve been part of the kay mod Im gonna check it out now.

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #291
Darth_Osmers
Lurker

Current Game: SW:KOTOR 2
found two new bugs (clean override too)

Show spoiler

Finally finished the mod too
Show spoiler

also Marius said on the KotOR files website that it is possible to make the
Show spoiler
replace the normal soldier clothing how did he do it?

Last edited by Darth_Osmers; 06-16-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Darth_Osmers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #292
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hmmm, I may have a bug - just landed on Korriban, having completed BoS - had the commoner confront me beat him - ran through all the conversation options with Matilda, but it doesn't seem to of advanced, and everytime I leave the EH with Matilda, that same guy is there - installed fine, had a few things in the Override for testing (textures, and models, but that's it...)

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #293
Templar Crusader
Lurker

Encountered a game breaking bug.

I had to start a completely new game in order to play the mod. I am on Korriban and there is this Huge pile of stuff blocking the door next to the hall. I am assuming Silveredge put it there to prevent players from accessing Solomon's revenge content before the original BoS is completed. But the problem is that this pile completely blocks the hall for me (there is an invisible wall that is right next to the pile) meaning I can't get to the rest of Korriban. Due to this bug I can't start the first BoS quest or complete the game. How can I fix this?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #294
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Osmers View Post
found two new bugs (clean override too)

Show spoiler
Sounds like some weird appearance.2DA problems. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Osmers View Post
[HIDDEN]also Marius said on the KotOR files website that it is possible to make the
Show spoiler
replace the normal soldier clothing how did he do it?
You would have to open your override folder, make a copy of the file "PMBBL03.tga", and then rename the copy "PMBBL01.tga".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Hmmm, I may have a bug - just landed on Korriban, having completed BoS - had the commoner confront me beat him - ran through all the conversation options with Matilda, but it doesn't seem to of advanced, and everytime I leave the EH with Matilda, that same guy is there - installed fine, had a few things in the Override for testing (textures, and models, but that's it...)
Show spoiler

Quote:
Encountered a game breaking bug.

I had to start a completely new game in order to play the mod. I am on Korriban and there is this Huge pile of stuff blocking the door next to the hall. I am assuming Silveredge put it there to prevent players from accessing Solomon's revenge content before the original BoS is completed. But the problem is that this pile completely blocks the hall for me (there is an invisible wall that is right next to the pile) meaning I can't get to the rest of Korriban. Due to this bug I can't start the first BoS quest or complete the game. How can I fix this?
Sounds strange. Could you post or PM me a screenshot so I know exactly what you mean?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #295
Templar Crusader
Lurker

Quote:
Sounds strange. Could you post or PM me a screenshot so I know exactly what you mean?
Unfortunately I can't, my computer isn't taking screens correctly, so I will try to describe it more clearly now.

I am at the very end of the main hall in the Korriban Settlement. In front of me is that big pile of random objects used to block the new area in Korriban. There is a gap between the objects and the other side of the wall right? Well as soon as I get near the Pile the frame rate for my computer starts to slow down and when I try to run through the gap between the objects in the wall my character hits what appears to be a invisible wall. He Keeps running forward but he won't move past the barricade.

That pretty much covers my problem, sorry I can't post a screen. Hopefully this problem can be fixed, it is very frustrating to me.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #296
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
I have just finished what appears to be the main content of BoS:SR for the first time, and I assume for the moment that I have seen the last of the crew of the Orion...

I haven't played without skipping the majority of the dialog for a loooooong time. Playing this mod was very similar to reading a great sci-fi... with the added bonus of the "choose your own adventure" that RPG's provide.

I cannot commend you enough on your effort, s9! Truly epic, creating a coherent and consistent world that was the most immersive game experience I have had in several years... maybe since I first played K1, the first time!

I look forward to a DS playthrough, as well as a female one (if there is any different content to find)... well worth a few playthroughs, which is a gift to the game and to me!

Inspirational, and a little humbling... the bar has been set high.

My LOL moment:
spoiler:
Mec 'Hanic said "Also, let's not forget to clear this temple of all it's valuables. There's got to be something around here that we can sell!"

Classic
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #297
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't, my computer isn't taking screens correctly, so I will try to describe it more clearly now.

I am at the very end of the main hall in the Korriban Settlement. In front of me is that big pile of random objects used to block the new area in Korriban. There is a gap between the objects and the other side of the wall right? Well as soon as I get near the Pile the frame rate for my computer starts to slow down and when I try to run through the gap between the objects in the wall my character hits what appears to be a invisible wall. He Keeps running forward but he won't move past the barricade.

That pretty much covers my problem, sorry I can't post a screen. Hopefully this problem can be fixed, it is very frustrating to me.
Have you tried downloading FRAPS? It's what I use to take screenshots.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #298
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Found two bugs:
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #299
Allronix
Forumite

I'll have you know, I've rebuilt my entire override file just to play this. This is no small task, as I weeded through my mod pack and am "down to" about 50, including ones specifically for my use only.

I ADORE the character of Channa/Matilda. She blends in beautifully, and I would actually consider her Darth Revan's true apprentice, instead of Malak. It's to the point where I'd write fanfic about her, but I don't know how well that would go over with you.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #300
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thanks Silver; been brilliant so far, it is a truly wonderful piece of work.

I have just encountered another bug unfortunately - I've just defeated Akirikan Sin, and am transferred over for Matilda's chase of Soloman - but I think the spawn somehow went wrong (perhaps co-ordinates are wrong in my game somehow), as Matilda doesn't appear and there isn't a visible walkway.

Edit - I reloaded, and it was fine Completed the mod, and I have to say it is an epic mod S9 - it is a wonderful triumph, and a testament to your modding abilities, may I also say it was a great improvement on the original BoS; indeed quite a few of your areas, scripts and dialogue, were very close to the quality of Bio-wares vanilla game; so well done, thanks for all your hard work, and continueing to give the excellent bug fixing service you did.

I salute you who are about to die

(Incidentally you missed my favourite Gladiator quote which is in the special edition, Maximus says to Quintos, just before the Emporer stabs him "Nothing happens to a man that he is not by nature fitted to bear")

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 06-17-2009 at 08:41 AM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #301
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma ping View Post
Found two bugs:
Show spoiler

Show spoiler
Sounds like a script misfired somewhere. I haven't encountered that bug before, and to my knowledge, nor has anyone else.

Also I'll take a look at the texture for the suit, and see if there's anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
It's to the point where I'd write fanfic about her, but I don't know how well that would go over with you.
I'm happy the character has resonated with people, but for a number of reasons I'd like to keep complete creative control over all original characters featured in BoS:SR.

Also on a more general note, in this thread I tend to only directly respond to posts which focus more on the issue of bugs, and less on those focused on impressions/opinions and so on. I assure you I enjoy reading all impressions posted by people who have completed the mod, and will continue to do so. So keep 'em coming. :P

And the patch will be coming soon. I've just been a little sidetracked this past week or so with some other stuff.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #302
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Show spoiler

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #303
neverable2
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR and TSL
Quote:
Show spoiler
i have shem's super enhanced mod and it worked fine, i played an entire playthrough of BoSSR, and it works fine with Shem's Super Enhanced mod.
neverable2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #304
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

spoiler:
So now that i have also finished the mod im gonna say its some of the best crap ive ever played, but silver still writes too longwinded "blah blah" dialog... Anyway, i came here to say that only bugs i found were body changing ones(and saber color changing). one of them really made me laugh: Akirakon sin was verbal when he took over solomons body. So i beat him up and he says "the limitations of this body are too clear"

Also the game crashed from time to time in the new modules, but that might be normal, dont know...

And thanks for making the new content harder than last time. I really enjoyed most of the mod, but the flashbacks werent really all that fun. Especially those with ridiculous amounts of enemies that i had to kill with crappy gear.(whole brotherhood of shadow attacks at the same time, and those fights of will in the end, they were a bit too hardish and irritating. Whole brotherhood fight wasnt really all that hard but i had to use some guerilla tactics to pick them off one at a time, but the end fights were ridiculous. No one else in those fights could even hit me, but akirakon did about 80 every round...)

Also i found mandalore a bit too hard with the given equipment. I actually had to lower the difficulty to normal to even beat him. He wouldve been real walk in the park with my own gear but especially the normal lightsaber was too weak.

Other than these it was golden, and im glad that you decided to do it well and to an end rather than making a series of crappy expansions.

I salute you silveredge9, the best damn modder ever!

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610

Last edited by jonathan7; 06-18-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tags - j7
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #305
Mister V
Lurker

Quote:
Like I said, there really is no reason for BoS:SR to cause problems of that severity. Does KOTOR run fine without the mod?
Actually it seems the bugs I've described had nothing to do with the mod.

I've been playing it for the last several hours, enjoying its excellence, and then I finally stumbled upon some bugs that do not allow me to pogress further.

First of all,
spoiler:
in the Czerka Mining Tunnels my game froze then crashed when I approached one of the three "camps". I got through - by luck, I guess? - the first camp, and tried to approach the others only to be greeted by a crash when I started a fight with one of the miners. Like I said, I was able to run through the first camp though, and started the Shadow's Orion flashback section...

... which is where the second bug comes in, and I've no idea what to do.
spoiler:
After I first meet Drexl and listen to his speech, I'm supposed to engage in combat with the boarding party, right? I'm not sure if it's a cutscene or a real fight, because the screen stays black. I only see the mouse cursor and hear the blaster fire.

... I was so looking forward to finishing it today. As I said, this is one of the best mods ever made, especially from the storytelling perspective. For once the game has several things it's been missing:
- very good dialogues, not the simplistic stuff you usually have in the original game;
- the feeling of being Revan (and admitting your identity instead of sticking to the supposedly "light" way of renouncing your past);
- the historic moments I've always wanted to see;
- not as important as everything mentioned above, but the lots of good items and credits make it that much more rewarding.
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you
spoiler:
use the Temple's defences against the Sith instead of slaying them yourself...
- seriously, wtf? This reminds me of that Manaan murder case where you got DSP for using Force Persuade to get the witnesses to tell you everything (I'm sure Bioware did this for balance purposes only, but still...).

I'd appreciate any help with my bug... Even with my completely clean install, would a reinstall help?

Last edited by Mister V; 06-18-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Mister V is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #306
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you...
Show spoiler

Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #307
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Show spoiler
Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override? There's no reason I can think of why that should be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
spoiler:
So now that i have also finished the mod im gonna say its some of the best crap ive ever played, but silver still writes too longwinded "blah blah" dialog... Anyway, i came here to say that only bugs i found were body changing ones(and saber color changing). one of them really made me laugh: Akirakon sin was verbal when he took over solomons body. So i beat him up and he says "the limitations of this body are too clear"

Also the game crashed from time to time in the new modules, but that might be normal, dont know...

And thanks for making the new content harder than last time. I really enjoyed most of the mod, but the flashbacks werent really all that fun. Especially those with ridiculous amounts of enemies that i had to kill with crappy gear.(whole brotherhood of shadow attacks at the same time, and those fights of will in the end, they were a bit too hardish and irritating. Whole brotherhood fight wasnt really all that hard but i had to use some guerilla tactics to pick them off one at a time, but the end fights were ridiculous. No one else in those fights could even hit me, but akirakon did about 80 every round...)

Also i found mandalore a bit too hard with the given equipment. I actually had to lower the difficulty to normal to even beat him. He wouldve been real walk in the park with my own gear but especially the normal lightsaber was too weak.

Other than these it was golden, and im glad that you decided to do it well and to an end rather than making a series of crappy expansions.

I salute you silveredge9, the best damn modder ever!
Please use spoiler tags in your posts, as I have stated numerous times already.

Quote:
Actually it seems the bugs I've described had nothing to do with the mod.

I've been playing it for the last several hours, enjoying its excellence, and then I finally stumbled upon some bugs that do not allow me to pogress further.

First of all,
spoiler:
in the Czerka Mining Tunnels my game froze then crashed when I approached one of the three "camps". I got through - by luck, I guess? - the first camp, and tried to approach the others only to be greeted by a crash when I started a fight with one of the miners. Like I said, I was able to run through the first camp though, and started the Shadow's Orion flashback section...

... which is where the second bug comes in, and I've no idea what to do.
spoiler:
After I first meet Drexl and listen to his speech, I'm supposed to engage in combat with the boarding party, right? I'm not sure if it's a cutscene or a real fight, because the screen stays black. I only see the mouse cursor and hear the blaster fire.

... I was so looking forward to finishing it today. As I said, this is one of the best mods ever made, especially from the storytelling perspective. For once the game has several things it's been missing:
- very good dialogues, not the simplistic stuff you usually have in the original game;
- the feeling of being Revan (and admitting your identity instead of sticking to the supposedly "light" way of renouncing your past);
- the historic moments I've always wanted to see;
- not as important as everything mentioned above, but the lots of good items and credits make it that much more rewarding.
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you
spoiler:
use the Temple's defences against the Sith instead of slaying them yourself...
- seriously, wtf? This reminds me of that Manaan murder case where you got DSP for using Force Persuade to get the witnesses to tell you everything (I'm sure Bioware did this for balance purposes only, but still...).

I'd appreciate any help with my bug... Even with my completely clean install, would a reinstall help?
The first bug you described sounds a little random, and could be an engine bug of some kind. Are you on Vista? Have you tried reinstalling into a fresh override.

The second bug you described has already been reported a number of times. Although I still haven't determined what is causing it. You can usually bypass it by shutting down KOTOR and then reopening it and loading the autosave again.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:36 AM   #308
Darth_Osmers
Lurker

Current Game: SW:KOTOR 2
Quote:
Sounds like some weird appearance.2DA problems. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?
i did re-install it and went to the save game and it was running normally
i think it may have been that i was using cheats specifically, warp cheats cos i warped back to Dantooine when i realised i needed more lightsaber crystals
oh and thanks for the tip on how to make the
Show spoiler

replace the normal soldier clothes it looks great! better than the normal soldier clothes, but it would be even better if it was an actual armour

Last edited by Darth_Osmers; 06-19-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Darth_Osmers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #309
zakske
Rookie

Finishing this "mod" really gave me the same feeling I had when I finished the game itself... I felt empty, kind of emotional... The story is magnificent and in my opinion the best thing about this mod. Again, congratulations!

Show spoiler

Last edited by zakske; 06-20-2009 at 12:11 PM.
zakske is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #310
Templar Crusader
Lurker

Sorry to keep bugging you about this but I would really like to figure out how to fix this bug.
So here is a picture of my bug.

Can't move past this point.
Show spoiler

Is the only way to fix this to re-install, and if so how do you?

Last edited by Templar Crusader; 06-21-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Hidden tags added to image...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #311
Mr. Shadow
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor II: TSL
Very cool mod! I haven't gotten past the Korriban Wastes yet, but I'll probably play some tonight.

My Youtube: Shadowrider117
My Website: Mr. Shadow's Mods
Mr. Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #312
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakske View Post
Finishing this "mod" really gave me the same feeling I had when I finished the game itself... I felt empty, kind of emotional... The story is magnificent and in my opinion the best thing about this mod. Again, congratulations!

Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
Sorry to keep bugging you about this but I would really like to figure out how to fix this bug.
So here is a picture of my bug.

Can't move past this point.
Show spoiler

Is the only way to fix this to re-install, and if so how do you?
It's really strange. No idea what could be causing this. The best thing to do would be reinstall the mod, and then load a save from before you entered the area following your original BoS:SR install, or you could just use the supplied save game.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #313
Kyr'am Galaar

Quote:
Show spoiler
no. just the file names.
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #314
Mister V
Lurker

This thread must have a Force connection to the modded game. As soon as I post the problems here they disappear (thankfully).

Anyways, instead of saying again how I loved the mod, I'll point out some things that I found were detrimental to the experience.

For some reason many people seem to think that the bigger the challenge, the more fun it is. Even if it involves cursing and destroying your mouse/controller (neither of which applies here, thankfully). Sense of achievement, they say. It may be applicable in racing games or other stuff like that, but RPGs? Simply put, it interrupts the flow of the story, - like in any tabletop RPG the Storyteller (or Gamemaster) has to be careful not to make the "encounters" too difficult, otherwise the frustration ruins what could've been a perfect experience. Really, leave this for the Difficult combat setting.

spoiler:
The fight with Mandalore.
I'm not sure if it was made for a pure Guardian, but for a Consular, this fight isn't a proper challenge. Instead of being epic it's anticlimactic and utterly destroys that feeling of reviving one of the greatest moments in the history of the Old Republic replacing it with clicking on the Force Wave icon and lots of loading. Not to mention that it looks pretty stupid (I swear I could see mandalorians dozing off in the distance...). I'm not sure if it's possible to have a boss scale for different classes, but as it is it's just annoying. So, in the end, despite the fact that trying to survive and ultimately doing so should feel rewarding, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth instead, because this isn't what an epic combat should feel like.

spoiler:
Akirakon Sin
's Stasis means certain death for the character and I don't save against it even with Wis 28 (33 with Valor, plus the bonus to saves from hyper battle stimulants). In fact if he continued to cast it continuously I wouldn't have won any combat. Maybe I've missed something and there's an item that grants immunity to this kind of power, but I don't remember anything like that.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who contributed to the mod. It gave me more than ten hours of very, very enjoyable gameplay. Many professional developers could learn from this.
Mister V is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #315
ganoesparan06
Rookie

I just want to firstly say that this mod is Awesome.

Just completed the first part and moving onto the second part. The Dialogue is brilliantly done, definately immersive with a star wars feel; to the person who said it was "long winded" - Sci Fi and Star Wars in particular is SUPPOSED to be long winded.

Ive noticed some things about this mod, 3 bugs and some annoyances.

I play on Normal difficulty currently (this is my 5th play thru - one male ls one male ds one female ls one female ds on easy then onto normal) and I have found that the challenge posed by the brotherhood of shadow is pretty small actually. I found the Warden harder to beat than the whole brotherhood.

Okay bugs. Dont know if they have been pointed out already but I cant be bothered checking through the thread to find out. So if they have just ignore me lol.

Show spoiler

Next are some things that I think are probably WAD but somewhat annoying for me and I would like to see changed/tweaked/explained if at all possible.

Show spoiler

Well thats all I can think of at any rate.

Thanks so much for your hard work Silveredge9. Its brilliant.

Oh additionally I think BoS doesnt like the Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest (or perhaps the Korriban Workbench or both) because when I had both mods on whenever id go to korriban the game would bug out at meeting Shardaan and crash.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #316
Biomag
Lurker

Hu,
I downloaded this mod 3 days ago and I really enjoyed it. I didn't finish all side quest, but the main quest.

Here there was a bug that repeated itself a few times:
Show spoiler

As I said, I really enjoyed the mod, there are just a few things I didn't like:
1. Shadow's attributes seem by far too high to me. I reduced them all by 2 and only then I think my other squad members were no longer out classed.

2. There was I fight, I had terrific problems because I played a light side jedi, while I had no problems with any other fight in the whole original game or mod.
Show spoiler

3. Revan talking to the Jedi assembly:
Looking at the KOTOR comics you can see that Revan always wore a hood and by the time he would have talked to the assembly he would already have worn the mask. I would suggest you give him a re-textured brown Revan's robe and the original mask while talking.
Also there are quite a few same looking models right next to each others (IIRC there were 4 women standing right behind Shadow, so that you couldn't oversee them).

4. Mandalor:
I really like the mask and his upper body, but I think you should have used the Darth Bandons model so that you can give him red robes for the legs, like in the comics. But that is just about taste.
Still I would have preferred to see him using his weapon with two hands instead of using one with each hand, as it was displayed in the KOTOR comics. Just for staying true to the canon.

Except for these 4 points I have to say this should have been KOTOR 2. I liked the story, the characters and all the work that was put in. You managed to expand Revans past, without making any addition that contradicted the canon. Fantastic mod.
Biomag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #317
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
This thread must have a Force connection to the modded game. As soon as I post the problems here they disappear (thankfully).

Anyways, instead of saying again how I loved the mod, I'll point out some things that I found were detrimental to the experience.

For some reason many people seem to think that the bigger the challenge, the more fun it is. Even if it involves cursing and destroying your mouse/controller (neither of which applies here, thankfully). Sense of achievement, they say. It may be applicable in racing games or other stuff like that, but RPGs? Simply put, it interrupts the flow of the story, - like in any tabletop RPG the Storyteller (or Gamemaster) has to be careful not to make the "encounters" too difficult, otherwise the frustration ruins what could've been a perfect experience. Really, leave this for the Difficult combat setting.

spoiler:
The fight with Mandalore.
I'm not sure if it was made for a pure Guardian, but for a Consular, this fight isn't a proper challenge. Instead of being epic it's anticlimactic and utterly destroys that feeling of reviving one of the greatest moments in the history of the Old Republic replacing it with clicking on the Force Wave icon and lots of loading. Not to mention that it looks pretty stupid (I swear I could see mandalorians dozing off in the distance...). I'm not sure if it's possible to have a boss scale for different classes, but as it is it's just annoying. So, in the end, despite the fact that trying to survive and ultimately doing so should feel rewarding, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth instead, because this isn't what an epic combat should feel like.

spoiler:
Akirakon Sin
's Stasis means certain death for the character and I don't save against it even with Wis 28 (33 with Valor, plus the bonus to saves from hyper battle stimulants). In fact if he continued to cast it continuously I wouldn't have won any combat. Maybe I've missed something and there's an item that grants immunity to this kind of power, but I don't remember anything like that.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who contributed to the mod. It gave me more than ten hours of very, very enjoyable gameplay. Many professional developers could learn from this.
spoiler:
As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm considering tweaking Mandalore's difficulty in the forthcoming patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Show spoiler
The first is a strange bug. I haven't experienced nor seen it reported elsewhere before.

Second has been reported, and is fixed in the forthcoming patch.

And concerning the Revan character model fix, you can download this off KoTORFiles yourself.

Quote:
Next are some things that I think are probably WAD but somewhat annoying for me and I would like to see changed/tweaked/explained if at all possible.

Show spoiler
Where possible it has been made so dialogue can be skipped. In the few cases where it isn't (Even though I can't seem to remember any off the top of my head), it was because of technical reasons rather than artistic.

Quote:
Show spoiler
This won't be revised.

Quote:
Show spoiler
- bos_mrdoor.utc found in the Override folder.
- bos_guard.utc, and guard.utc found in bos_circle.mod.

Quote:
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
Show spoiler
My best advice if you wish to avoid any possible conflictions would be to install BoS:SR last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomag View Post
Show spoiler
Sounds like an appearance.2DA issue. The best things to do in such circumstances would be to reinstall the mod.

Quote:
Show spoiler
I'll look into them.

Quote:
Show spoiler
The fact that Revan is seen almost exclusively wearing a hood in the comics is because of the character's user defined appearance. And whilst I am aware that due to recent developments in that comic it would be logical for Revan to be wearing the mask during this sequence, I'm not going to make a habit of going back and correcting elements of BoS:SR whenever canon is changed.

Quote:
Show spoiler
I'd rather create an original well designed suit than a bad recreation of the comic book one.

And I always considered the big axe seen in the comic to be more ceremonial than practical, and so based his weapons more on the battle axes used by Mandalore the Indomitable.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #318
Telex Ferra
Rookie

x.x

When I take over as The Shadow whilst repelling the Republic's attack on the Orion. The Screen stays black. I can access the char control functions in the upper right, but I can't see anything; and all I hear is blaster fire.
Telex Ferra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #319
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
And concerning the Revan character model fix, you can download this off KoTORFiles yourself.

- bos_mrdoor.utc found in the Override folder.
- bos_guard.utc, and guard.utc found in bos_circle.mod.

My best advice if you wish to avoid any possible conflictions would be to install BoS:SR last.

I have download Kristy's model fix for the Revan model.
The robes i get with BoS still bounce and have bad force powers. I reinstalled them over the top several times now.
Still experiencing it.

Thank you for the UTC files.

The problems I was having with CTDs I think MAY come from the BoS and Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest not liking each other. I am not sure. But considering the game now works with TJDK not installed I guess it must be. And I did install BoS last for the record. lol.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #320
Pikmin

When is the patch going to be released?

Any further posts like this and the poster will be infracted, believe it or not these posts are off-topic spam. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-25-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge