Thread: Best Dubs
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran
 
Serpentine Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Not there yet.
Posts: 879
Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Best Dubs

Which anime series have had the best dubbings (into English or any other language)?

I haven't heard many dubs because they so often aren't that good, but my sister says the dub of Wolf's Rain is really good.


Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I think Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist have great English dubs. In fact I have only seen those series in English (and they are two of my favorite series). Another off the top of my head is Black Lagoon, though I didn't care for the second season of it in general.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine
 
Lynk Former's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,974
10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Last Exile and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex as well.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!
 
Kuuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,113
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
you know, i still have yet to watch last exile... >.>

as for on topic, i didnt think code geass wasnt too bad, it's got a big voice actor cast

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine
 
Lynk Former's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,974
10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Chobits

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,254
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I think Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist have great English dubs. In fact I have only seen those series in English (and they are two of my favorite series). Another off the top of my head is Black Lagoon, though I didn't care for the second season of it in general.
Agreed. Though I must ask, what is your gripe with BL season 2? (Warning: have not seen it yet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Last Exile and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex as well.
Ah, GTS, another great one. While I'm not huge into it, I do appreciate it. Especially these.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P
 
Aash Li's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some boring hole in Michigan..
Posts: 1,918
Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
I have a very low opinion about dubs, mostly because they suck, but also because I like listening to Japanese girls talk.

But the two that I always thought were top-notch were Cowboy Bebop, and... crap cant think of the name of it... the space western with the guy that had the arm that turned into a cannon and he always blew stuff up... it tried to be a serious anime, but should have stayed comedy.

Never watched Last Exile dubbed... I saw the subbed versions first. I liked FMA as dubbed as well, and have only seen Ghost in the Shell dubbed. So I guess theres four that are pretty well done.
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!
 
Kuuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,113
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li View Post
I have a very low opinion about dubs, mostly because they suck, but also because I like listening to Japanese girls talk.



Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 AM   #9
Darth_Tratious
Rookie
 
Darth_Tratious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 57
These are some that i think are great

Hellsing Ultimate
Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Eureka Seven
YuYu Hakusho
Darker Than Black
FullMetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bepop
R.O.D The TV
Deathnote
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece(i like the english more than the Japanese)


If You Are Not With Me Then You Are My Enemy.
Darth_Tratious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!
 
Kuuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,113
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
im actually starting to dislike the bleach eng dub

just a few picks just dont seem to work right in verse the jap dub

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Anything, except Code Geass.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 AM   #12
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!
 
Kuuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,113
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
i'd have to watch the jap sub of code geass to make a judge of that one ...

^_^;

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I actually like to just watch it in its original setting, and just read the subs. This is do to the fact that the Japanese language sounds SO AWESOME. I mean, the way we pronounce our English words is in no way comparable to the awesome sounding Japanese words...even their offensive words sound cool!! Bakatare See...that bit is awesome

The Germans sound pretty awesome too, but that's a different story....


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Tratious View Post
These are some that i think are great

Hellsing Ultimate
Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Eureka Seven
YuYu Hakusho
Darker Than Black
FullMetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bepop
R.O.D The TV
Deathnote
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece(i like the english more than the Japanese)
I'm just gonna quote you for good dubs, since you list a lot of good ones. Adult Swim tends to get good dubs 95% of the time, so most of theirs count(which is most of your list).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li View Post
But the two that I always thought were top-notch were Cowboy Bebop, and... crap cant think of the name of it... the space western with the guy that had the arm that turned into a cannon and he always blew stuff up... it tried to be a serious anime, but should have stayed comedy.
You're thinking of Trigun. It was the first anime dub role for Johnny Yong Bosch, who would in recent years become a very big anime dub VA, starring in the likes of such great dubs as Eureka Seven, Bleach, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass. I never watched much of Trigun, but I did like it.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > Section 9 > Best Dubs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump