lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More of the same. JA Vista Crash (With Patch)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
cbweld07
Lurker

More of the same. JA Vista Crash (With Patch)

Its been a couple years since I've had the luxury of going home (A month of leave, after two years service, no vacation in the military). After going through my old junk, i found my copy of Jedi Academy and prompty poped it in my laptop. A toshiba, 64 bit vista home premium platform, with AMD. Much to my horror, I've encountered what I soon found seems to be a common problem. After playing the intro levels at the Academy, the game decided to CTD while loading, or durring the cinematics for the first few planets available.

Figuring this may be a vista issue, I quickly switched to compatability mode for windows XP, and open the game under administrator. No change.

Now Ive updated my drivers, have the latest patch, and still have the same issue. Funny thing though ... when I downloaded the patch and tried to install it, an error prompt came up saying I already had the patch.

Any ideas?

-CBweld
cbweld07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Telex Ferra
Rookie

I smell a 64 bit issue.

I've got Vista 32 bit, and it works just fine. I assume you've already tried compatability settings.

What about full re-install?
Telex Ferra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
cbweld07
Lurker

Full reinstall twice now. Even went into prpterties and installed under XP compatability mode. Would there be a work around?
cbweld07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > More of the same. JA Vista Crash (With Patch)