KORRIBAN 10 22.73%
UNKNOWN WORLD 22 50.00%
SITH BASE 7 15.91%
STAR FORGE 8 18.18%
KOTOR MOD IS THE BETTER MOD 9 20.45%
TSL MOD IS THE BETTER MOD 5 11.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Visual Enhancment Mod 2009 Final
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #41
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Hey, I just installed the mod and I was wondering if the Ebon Hawk exterior was altered cause it now looks different I was wondering which files I need to delete to change back to the original. Everything else looks great.
Each planet that has an ebon hawk in it has the texture in it so just delete them from each folder.

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #42
Ianbob306
Lurker

Umm....

I've never tried using mods before this and I put all the files into my override, but they don't seem to be having any effect on the game when I boot it up.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this, but I could really use help on this if anyone is willing.
Ianbob306 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #43
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Did you put them in the right override folder. Some noobs try to put it in the override folder on the disk. If not that, did you make sure that you put them in the main override folder and not a sub-folder. KOTOR does not allow subfolders in the override.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #44
Ianbob306
Lurker

Oh, well, I put them in as the downloaded folders instead of the separate files. I'll see if that's what's wrong. I'm pretty sure they're in the right override file, though I only see one. Thanks though.

Edit: Ah, that worked. Thanks.

Xarwarz: Great job on the textures. I thought the screens looked like a marginal improvement, but in the game they look much better. Oh, at one point you said to flip certain textures (stupid me.) How do I do that?

Last edited by RedHawke; 10-23-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Combining DP...
Ianbob306 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #45
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianbob306 View Post
Ah, that worked. Thanks.

Xarwarz: Great job on the textures. I thought the screens looked like a marginal improvement, but in the game they look much better. Oh, at one point you said to flip certain textures (stupid me.) How do I do that?

Thanks screens don't do justice in game looks way better.

Download the program i use called xnview it has the options to flip the texture vertically and add it to the override folder. Hope that helps

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #46
michca
Rookie

I've only hit a few places where these visual enhancements are applied. I really like Tatooine and most of Dantooine. I really like the Ebon Hawk interior. The exterior seems to be different depending at which planet you are docked. The red design when on Tatooine is pretty good, though the neon purple on Dantooine I don't like so much.

I was put off by Taris. It appeared to me as though someone got carried away with a knurling tool. And the pink keys on doors? I removed the Taris enhancement. I really did not like that. I would really rethink this one.

Dantooine I mostly like. I did find the curcuit board pattern used for building trim to be out of place. I removed it to use the default instead. And I prefer the wheat colored grasses so kept that instead. But otherwise Dantooine looks great. Good job.

Tatooine so far is simply wonderful. The rich textures in the sand and on walls is excellent. This is by far my favorite.

Ebon Hawk interior is great. Getting some color and tactile switches adds a lot of punch, a lot of depth. Great job there.

So far I also I like the creatures and droids enhancements. I really enjoyed the look of the Bantha. That was probably the most standout for me. I like the looks of the Selkath as well. Some interesting patterns going on there.

I'll probably hitting up Kashyyk next, and then Manaan.

Edit: I've just entered the Shadowlands of Kashyyk. Just a quick note to say that so far Kashyyk looks great. About the only thing that's not so appealing is that you've got the same pattern running across the Czerka mgr's desk as on the walls of the office. I don't know if that's simply a limitation of the map design. But the desk should definitely be using a different texture or if it must be the same texture as the walls, I would use something a little more neutral. I really like the texture used for the foors while on the walkways. Trees look great as well.

Moderator note [10-26-2009 03:00 AM]

Please do not post multiple posts in a row, we call that double posting, please use the 'edit this post' feature to add content to your post if it is the last one in a thread already. Thanks.

Last edited by RedHawke; 10-26-2009 at 03:00 AM.
michca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #47
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by michca View Post
I've only hit a few places where these visual enhancements are applied. I really like Tatooine and most of Dantooine. I really like the Ebon Hawk interior. The exterior seems to be different depending at which planet you are docked. The red design when on Tatooine is pretty good, though the neon purple on Dantooine I don't like so much.

Quote:
I just went color crazy here
I was put off by Taris. It appeared to me as though someone got carried away with a knurling tool. And the pink keys on doors? I removed the Taris enhancement. I really did not like that. I would really rethink this one.

Quote:
Taris was tricky it uses the most textures out of all planets
Dantooine I mostly like. I did find the curcuit board pattern used for building trim to be out of place. I removed it to use the default instead. And I prefer the wheat colored grasses so kept that instead. But otherwise Dantooine looks great. Good job.

Tatooine so far is simply wonderful. The rich textures in the sand and on walls is excellent. This is by far my favorite.

Quote:
Yes it is well done like onderon was
Ebon Hawk interior is great. Getting some color and tactile switches adds a lot of punch, a lot of depth. Great job there.

Quote:
My first ebon hawk texture was a disaster so i redid it for this mode
So far I also I like the creatures and droids enhancements. I really enjoyed the look of the Bantha. That was probably the most standout for me. I like the looks of the Selkath as well. Some interesting patterns going on there.

Quote:
Many people did not realize i was trying to add depth to the skins of the creatures/droids instead if flat cartoon ones
I'll probably hitting up Kashyyk next, and then Manaan.
Thanks for your in depth comments its always a hit and miss when making textures for 11 different modules. I think at times how can i make this planet look different from another. Some planets are more liked than others but at least you like most of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by michca View Post
I've just entered the Shadowlands of Kashyyk. Just a quick note to say that so far Kashyyk looks great. About the only thing that's not so appealing is that you've got the same pattern running across the Czerka mgr's desk as on the walls of the office. I don't know if that's simply a limitation of the map design. But the desk should definitely be using a different texture or if it must be the same texture as the walls, I would use something a little more neutral. I really like the texture used for the foors while on the walkways. Trees look great as well.
I'm glad you liked it outside environments are easier than inside ones

The engine it self will re use textures so i don't know how to prevent that

thanks

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #48
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I don't think that I ever told you that I absolutely love these mods Thanks for making such a great mod.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #49
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
I don't think that I ever told you that I absolutely love these mods Thanks for making such a great mod.
Appreciated it i changed taris mod a bit

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #50
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Your new taris is.... bad? I think you are getting a bit too retro.
Sorry..

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 AM   #51
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
Your new taris is.... bad? I think you are getting a bit too retro.
Sorry..
i really doesent look bad in game but ill make a plain alternative skin for those who don't like busy textures

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #52
thegreatjoshini
Rookie

Current Game: Legend of Legaia (PSX)
Is it possible that this mod could crash my game?

I am the hope of the Universe!
I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent.
I am the light in darkness.
I am truth
ALLY TO GOOD!!! NIGHTMARE TO YOU!!!
- Super Saiyan Goku
thegreatjoshini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #53
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjoshini View Post
Is it possible that this mod could crash my game?
It is possible but unlikely. The most likely way it could happen that I'm aware of (cause it's happened to me before I got a new computer) is that your computer ran out of memory. Enhanced textures especially the 1024x1024 textures that Xarwarz's mod uses takes extra resources thus more memory is needed to display the textures so there is less memory available to keep the game running correctly. What I did before I got a new computer was (and yes, it is a rather tedious process but it is better than not using the mod) resizing all the textures down to standard 512x512 texture size. It seemed to work on my old machine.

Hope I helped,
-ZM-

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #54
Phildevil

What is more likely is that some other mod might have some compatibility issue with-it (or another, who knows...).
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #55
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
What is more likely is that some other mod might have some compatibility issue with-it (or another, who knows...).
I would not think that there would be incompatability issues since they are simple texture edits. But I'm still a rookie and I could be wrong.

*EDIT* Welcome to the forums by the way, Phildevil.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #56
thegreatjoshini
Rookie

I also noticed it only happened when I was running the game at 1280 x 1024. That would really cause that problem you were talking about right?

Edit: How do I resize all the the files?

I am truth
- Super Saiyan Goku

Last edited by thegreatjoshini; 12-02-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #57
Phildevil

Quote:
I also noticed it only happened when I was running the game at 1280 x 1024. That would really cause that problem you were talking about right?

Edit: How do I resize all the the files?
Well in that case, that might still be what ZimmMaster said. Is your graphic card using your RAM's (as with most NoteBooks...)?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #58
thegreatjoshini
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Well in that case, that might still be what ZimmMaster said. Is your graphic card using your RAM's (as with most NoteBooks...)?
Exactly what are you asking? My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS.

Edit: Apparently, it isn't the mod that is making my game crash. It is that my computer can't handle playing the game on 1280 x 1024 resolution. I'm going to figure out why this is.

I am truth
- Super Saiyan Goku

Last edited by thegreatjoshini; 12-02-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: New information
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #59
Phildevil

Well, what I'm basically saying is that a great deal of laptops have some kind of "integrated" graphic card. Integrated means that it use your X gigabytes of RAM's to make it work. Thus reducing the available ressources available for your computer to run, wich might make it crash. However, this is very doubtful (I personnaly have the same mod for TSL and never got any crashing problems except with the big number of mods that I have clashings...)
Old 12-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #60
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
zimmaster is correct a memory issue and or graphic card issue even driver issue

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #61
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Exactly what are you asking? My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS.

Edit: Apparently, it isn't the mod that is making my game crash. It is that my computer can't handle playing the game on 1280 x 1024 resolution. I'm going to figure out why this is.
I wonder why you can't play the game at 1280x1024 resolution. Mine is at 1280x1024 resolution with Anistrophy Filter and Anti-Aliasing both at max values as well as having Frame Buffer Effects, V-Sync, Soft Shadows all enabled as well as having this mod installed and I don't have any problems.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #62
encinodude
Rookie

Looks like lots of hard work put into this mod. I'd love to try it out on my next playthrough, but MegaUpload has never worked for me. Why not upload it to FileFront or LucasFiles?
encinodude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #63
Phildevil

Do you use any download accelerator?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #64
encinodude
Rookie

Nope. Upon trying to download a file I get a browse.php link instead.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #65
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
There are a few planets on kotor files

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 12-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #66
encinodude
Rookie

I know, I have them. I'd like to have them all, though, and MegaUpload just isn't being cooperative for me.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #67
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by encinodude View Post
I know, I have them. I'd like to have them all, though, and MegaUpload just isn't being cooperative for me.
I tried to get them all up a while back but most got denied so ill just do one planet a week until there all up

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 12-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #68
encinodude
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarwarz View Post
I tried to get them all up a while back but most got denied so ill just do one planet a week until there all up
Good to know you do intend to upload them all to FF. I'll just put off my next playthrough until then.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #69
lavosslayer
Lurker

Anyone else having an issue with XNVIEW crashing while trying to convert several files in both the dantooine, endar spire and unknown planet mods?
lavosslayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #70
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavosslayer View Post
Anyone else having an issue with XNVIEW crashing while trying to convert several files in both the dantooine, endar spire and unknown planet mods?
Try infranview if xnview is giving you trouble xnview has been a little quirky lately

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Visual Enhancment Mod 2009 Final

Tags
2009, enhancement, kotor, mod, visual, xarwarz