lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Taking out the VSDII Marut in the Starfighter Superiority Evaluation
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
ralentor
Lurker

Taking out the VSDII Marut in the Starfighter Superiority Evaluation

This is Mission 2 of the "Joining the Rebellion" battle.

I have finished this mission many times but have never been able to take out the VSDII Marut at the end. The best I've done is to knock out the shield generators using the Force Run technique, but the Marut jumps to hyperspace before I can finish it off. I've already read the strategy guide at the CRS Morning Star site, and although I order my squadron to attack the Marut, most of them seem to ignore the order, and the ones that do attack don't do much damage and die quickly. What's an effective strategy for taking down the Marut before it makes the jump to lightspeed?

Last edited by ralentor; 07-14-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: more detail
ralentor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
ralentor
Lurker

Lots of views but no replies. I'm getting the feeling no one has been able to take the Marut down in this mission.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
why do you want to do this?

Short of re doing it in the simulator and using Ions, or Ion Missiles to disable it, there is not much chance of doing it as part of the campaign

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
ralentor
Lurker

Because the XWA mission guide from the CRS Morning Star Tac Ops section says it's doable ("There is no possibly way that the VSD lives if you act fast enough"). However, it appears that it's not possible with an X-wing, the default craft for this mission. Thanks for letting me know. Perhaps the XWA mission guide should be updated to reflect this. I may try it with a B-wing just for fun.

Last edited by ralentor; 07-17-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I'm still in contact w/ the guy that wrote most of the XWA mission write-ups (he happens to be my "superior") and I'll direct him to this thread.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Player Strategy > Taking out the VSDII Marut in the Starfighter Superiority Evaluation