lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Weequay Sounds
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Weequay Sounds

There is something I have been wondering. Why the inconsistencies with the voices of the Weequay species?
In games like JKO and JKA they have froggy voices with a slight metallic tinge.
In KotOR II: TSL they have similar voices, but are much more metallic, and have a unique sound.
I am okay with the slight differences between these two.
But in the new (not really that new) Clone Wars animated series, they have human accents (would I be correct if I said New Zealand accents?).
I tend to be very anal as to how some things should be.
Mandalorians should have full body armor and T-visors, there should be less humans and more aliens in Star Wars, etc...
What do the people here think?

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Maybe those human accents are a little-bit better or enjoyable, but foggy voices are more realistic. I mean just look at a weequay face.................A foggy voice with some metallic tinge.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Yeah, and I guess I'm being too anal considering its made for eleven and twelve year olds, who might get creeped out by the other Weequy VO's.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Yeah, and I guess I'm being too anal considering its made for eleven and twelve year olds, who might get creeped out by the other Weequy VO's.
If they are afraid of Weequays then they don't watch Star Wars.And if they don't watch Star Wars they don't watch the Clone Wars

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
If they are afraid of Weequays then they don't watch Star Wars.And if they don't watch Star Wars they don't watch the Clone Wars
Ah, very good reasoning.
Ah well. This thread has served its purpose.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
well weequay are pretty close to humans... so you would think there voices would be similar
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Weequay Sounds

Tags
jka, jko, kotor, voice, weequay