lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mandalorian Wars
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
jedimalak
Lurker

Cool Guy Mandalorian Wars

lol hello everyone, i am new to lucasforums, I joined cause everyone is nice, helpful. i know there is alot of threads about Mandalorian wars... I am making a Mod called: Revan's Past: Mandalorian Wars, in this mod, (maybe this part) i dont play kotor 2, but i kinda know the story... LOL. So im planning to show kreia teaching revan some stuff, (maybe someone can take the kreia model.) and revan having a vision of the whole jedi council, (vrook says the same thing he says to the exile in kotor 2 when hes gonna fight him/her.
Would anyone like to help?
btw, i am finished the Cut off jaw malak model, but its using the brotherhood of shadow... is it okay if i kinda takes some models from the brotherhood of shadow? cause i need it for the malak cut off jaw, ik there one, but it has those buttons, i toke off the buttons lol.. and the problem is i cant export it to a mdl.. heh.
anyone wanna help?
jedimalak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
FaZzZa99
Rookie

stating whether it'll be for kotor 1 or 2 might help
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
Godric Volturi
Rookie

He did state that... indirectly. The mod is for K2.

Wants to post something epically amazing here... will work on that laterz.
Godric Volturi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godric Volturi View Post
He did state that... indirectly. The mod is for K2.
thought he was just saying he hadn't played it
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Ok, its clear from the OP that they haven't read the Forum Rules.

Specifically these two bits;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holowan Rules
5. Get permission before using someone elses work
Most modders have no problem with people using some or all of their work for other projects, but some do. As a courtesy to the authors of other mods, please get permission to use their work with your own. This will prevent any hard feelings. Threads that discuss/link to mods that use other mods without permission will be locked and the links to said mods removed. That includes uploading someone else's work on another site.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holowan Rules
7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.
So you will need permission to use any other authors work, and you can't port Kreia across from TSL to K1 - it's illegal.

-- j7

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
jedimalak
Lurker

oh.. ok np. Tyvm jonathan7!

btw i play kotor 1 lol. not kotor 2!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Godric Volturi
Rookie

Hmm... well then that's going to be quite hard isn't it? Kreia was on Malachor when Revan was at the end of the Jedi Civil War... she was the head mistress... and she sent others to do her work... plus her model isn't even in the game, so that would lead to the question of porting, which is illegal. So clearly, the mod would have to be made for K2, for legality issues, unless you are going to reskin a person in the first game to make her look more like Traya.

So anyway... your topic implied K2 because you said.

Quote:
I plan to have Kreia teach Revan some stuff.

Wants to post something epically amazing here... will work on that laterz.
Godric Volturi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
jedimalak
Lurker

lol but i dont have kotor 2 LOL. so i guess I'll Just skip the Kreia Part.. hehe.
Anyone wanna help yet?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Mandalorian Wars

Tags
canderous, mandalorian, past, revan's, revans, wars