lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Forsaken Ones
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #41
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
"Tech expert huh? Then I guess that makes me the Tech god, which I can definitely live with."

"I probably should of said "A Tech Expert". The Officer who recruited me implied you guys needed more than one. The difference between the both of us are certain fields of mechanics - my primary specialty is hacking computers and security. Whats yours?"

"Attention all crew," Azrael spoke over the intercom now that all the preparations had been made. "We are now departing. ETA: Two hours. Destination: Death. Enjoy your flight."

"You guys have an AI? They left that part out, unfortunatly. Well, if he's decided to replace me, then I suppose I'm fine with that."

"Well, mr Deck, we already have a Tech, and an AI to pilot the ship. We don't need a criminal who will probably shoot us in the back and get out when it gets heated."

"And we certainly dont need a crew member who complains like a little girl all the time." Deck smirked. "I'd expect no less from a noblemen like yourself. Yup, I read your file. Sorry, but I was forced to by the Officer."

He crossed his hands behind his head. "Besides, I'm not enabled to go rogue against you guys anyway. I'm being "monitored" so to speak; I've been injected with a small family of nanobots that monitor my behaviour. One big mistake, and they'll release a toxic chemical that will spread throughout my entire body. So please, lets at least try to get along! For my sake!"
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #42
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
Null shook his head as thing started heating up in the cockpit. He could tell this was going to be a longer flight than he expected.

"That's enough from all three of you. Do I need to remind you all this mission is humanity's last chance at fighting The Plague, or do you all want to argue some more like children. If you all can't get along now, what makes you thinks we'll be able to pull this mission off as a unit?! Now everyone sit down, start acting like a team, and get ready for the mission!"

He felt himself getting madder by the second so he decided to go take a look at the weapons they had on board. Null got up and looked over at Deck.

"So I guess you read my file too...good read wasn't it?" he said commenting on all that he had been through including his first contact with The Plague.

He walked out of the cockpit and made his way to the armory. For some reason looking at guns always made Null feel better. Why this worked he would never know.
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 AM   #43
Carsew
Rookie

Jack waited until Null had left the room before he leapt at Deck, holding him against the wall.

"I haven't seen my family since I joined the force," he said quietly. "And besides you kidnapped my cousin. I would have killed you here and now if i could."

Jack let go of Deck and walked out of the cockpit, turning into a small room which contained a boxing bag. Jack took of his armor, leaving him in a black jumpsuit and then practiced kickboxing at the bag, becoming more and more aggresive as he thought about his family, whom he had left, who possibly would die now. He kept going until he managed to kick the boxing bag from it's chain. He sat down on a box, hiding his face in his hands.

After sitting so a few minutes Jack got up, sweeping his black hair from his eyes. He equipped his armor again and stepped out into the mainroom. He greeted everyone with a nod and then sat down in a chair. He turned to Sullivan.

"So, what's your story, mate?" he said.

Check out my fic: Threat From the Unknown
Carsew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #44
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Deck brushed himself off. "You're Mia's cousin, huh?" he whispered. "I can see why she wanted to get away from somebody as psycotic as yourself."

It wasnt entirely kidnapping. Deck was on a smuggling mission to Eridanus V, where he stumbled upon Mia - who was a member of a family of noblemen. She requested to be taken off that backwater planet, to flee from her father and family so she can be with some guy she was real close to. After dropping her off on Asgard, they havent kept in contact ever since. He does have her residential ID code, incase she required assistance.

"Looks like I did her a huge favour..." he thought. He waited till Jack left the room and glanced up at Tech. "Pardon me for asking, but why did you guys hire him? Public Relations? He has a really short fuse, which could seriously endanger the mission."

Last edited by Phantom Knight; 10-26-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #45
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Evans walked in as Jack pushed Deck against the wall, and made himself as inconspicuous as possible as the two worked out their 'differences'.

"Pardon me for asking, but why did you guys hire him? Public Relations? He has a really short fuse, which could seriously endanger the mission."

Evans shrugged. "I have no idea why any of us are here aside from Null and I. Everybody has their own story, their own motivations, some are just more.... disturbed than others."

He gave the 'pirate' a once over, "you okay? I don't know how strong he is, but I get the feeling that he might be able to leave a few bruises on you through armor if he really tried, and it looked like he was pissed as hell."

((Wow, sorry about my posting habits, I've been swamped with school lately ))

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #46
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I have no idea why any of us are here aside from Null and I. Everybody has their own story, their own motivations, some are just more.... disturbed than others."

"I suppose. But in a way, I cant really blame him - I was responcible for his cousin's disapearance. She wanted me to ship her off Eridanus V, so she can escape the arrogance of her father."

"you okay? I don't know how strong he is, but I get the feeling that he might be able to leave a few bruises on you through armor if he really tried, and it looked like he was pissed as hell."

"He's not as strong as you may think; I've been through far worse than what he is capable of..." he stepped forward and crossed his arms. "But if he tries another move like that again, to anyone else especially, I'll make sure he wont get a chance to feel remorse for his actions." Deck promised. "Regardless of the consequences."

He cold stare turned back into a smile. He shook Evans hand. "Sorry, we havent been formally introduced. Deck Reynolds, Freelance Mercenary."
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #47
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
"So, what's your story, mate?" he said.

"My parents were there when Earth was destroyed," said Sullivan, telling his story. "Some of my family members also had run ins with the Plague, Not many of them made it out alive. It actually makes me happy to hear a Plague's neck snap." Sullivan had lost a few cousins and a sibling to the Plague, causing him to have an absolute hatred for them. Sullivan decided to go to the cockpit to talk to Deck. He couldn't say that he actually liked noblemen. He had nothing wrong with them, but they came off as a bit snobbish to him. Besides, he thought it best he got to know everyone on the squad.

"So," he said to Deck. "Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #48
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"I suppose. But in a way, I cant really blame him - I was responcible for his cousin's disapearance. She wanted me to ship her off Eridanus V, so she can escape the arrogance of her father."

"Why does that sound like a story that requires copious amounts of alcohol to properly tell?" Evans asked, chuckling a little.

"But if he tries another move like that again, to anyone else especially, I'll make sure he wont get a chance to feel remorse for his actions."

"That may be a bit extreme," Evans cautioned. "But I can't see any issues there, I hate these damn nobles, didn't have them on Earth, sure as hell don't need them now."

"Sorry, we havent been formally introduced. Deck Reynolds, Freelance Mercenary.

"Mark Evans, former Child Soldier turned Special Services," Evans grasped the younger man's hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

Evans looked at the new arrival, already comparing him to the file he'd gotten to skim over in General Resnik's office and trying to decide if his superiors had been lying for promotion's sake, it didn't appear that they had.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #49
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"Why does that sound like a story that requires copious amounts of alcohol to properly tell?

"I couldnt agree more..." Deck shared a chuckle. "I'll be glad to share the WHOLE story over a campfire."

"Mark Evans, former Child Soldier turned Special Services,"

"Child Soldier?" Deck echoed. "I didnt even know they had division for younger people back then. Times sure have changed since humanity abandoned Earth."

"Are you alright with that nobleman out there? I could hear you guys arguing from out there. What's up with this Mia girl anyways?"

Deck glanced as Sullivan entered the cockpit. He shrugged. Hopefully this'll be the last time I'll have to explain it to anybody else...

"Well, he basically threatened to kill me because I was involved with his cousin's disapearance, Mia. She was part of a family of nobleman, Jack's Family. She basically got sick of her family pride and arrogance, especially from her father, and decided to move out - so to speak. I shipped her off to Asgard, where she's currently living with a close friend of hers. Though between you and I, I think its something more than a "close friendship"." he winked.

He looked out of the cockpit window, where it overlooked the vastness of space. Clouds of the nebula gave quite an intimate view, and the near-by moons complimented as much.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #50
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"I'll be glad to share the WHOLE story over a campfire."

"Good, and I'll be sure to include my story there too, and the hard liquor."

Evans whistled to himself after hearing the story, sounded like Deck was one tough nutjob , or just insane, if he chose to go on a mission with a nobleman whose sister he'd spirited away.

Letting his mind wander he looked out the cockpit, a rare occurance for the soldier. It wasn't at all like Earth's area, nothing could ever compare to the beauty that his Homeworld held in his mind, but it was still a good sight.

Turning away from the window, he walked into the ship's main area, they needed to plan this out properly.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #51
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
"Well, he basically threatened to kill me because I was involved with his cousin's disapearance, Mia. She was part of a family of nobleman, Jack's Family. She basically got sick of her family pride and arrogance, especially from her father, and decided to move out - so to speak. I shipped her off to Asgard, where she's currently living with a close friend of hers. Though between you and I, I think its something more than a "close friendship"

"Wait a sec...that's not a kidnapping, that's getting smuggled willfully." Sullivan grinned. He couldn't help but be impressed by the task this man had done. "I've only just met you and I already like your style. You don't seem to care too much about what that nobleman thinks, or anyone else, for that matter. If you have anymore stories, feel free to tell them."

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #52
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I've only just met you and I already like your style. You don't seem to care too much about what that nobleman thinks, or anyone else, for that matter."

"You flatter me." Deck chuckled, and raised a hand. "But I'm certainly no hero. I've done questionable things, but I can safely say most of them were for the right reasons. I do what I feel is right."

"If you have anymore stories, feel free to tell them."

"Oh, I do... But perhaps another time, if we get a chance." Deck promised. "Right now, we have a job to do."

Deck was about to walk out of the cockpit, but stared at the control panel. Azreal seemed to be handeling the piloting of the ship okay. He continued onward, to the ship's main area where Evans was hanging out.

"I assume we've got some type of strategy planned out?"
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #53
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
(apparently I'm on the ship so please just bare with me here)
Sam listened to the banter of the group. He laughed at some of the things and stood up to go to the armory. He liked to know what they would be using.
Upon entering the armory, he saw Null in there. Paying him no heed, he went over to the weapons locker which was already open, and gazed at the selection.
"Hmmm, nice choices, eh?" Sam asked Null. Sam grabbed his personal rifle off the rack.
"With this puppy I could hit a Plague soldier in the center of his head from five- no, six hundred yards. I know, because I did back on Zar-" Sam cut himself off there. No point in talking about the past.
"Well, anyways, I count my bullets, so don't get any funny ideas about my little baby here." Sam said.
Ares interjected, " Sir, I hope you know that your rifle isn't actually your-"
"Yes, Ares, I know, It's a type of human personification, I'm really attached to it, it's like how you call my Helmet home when really your home is the hou-" Sam cut himself off again. He stepped out of the armory to sit back down at his seat.

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.

Last edited by Jedi_Man; 10-30-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #54
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Null looked over at Sam and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, the one thing Eridanus did for us."

He took notice of what Sam tried to say but decided against it.

"Come on Larson, let's head back and go over the plan so everyone's crystal clear on what to do...and I know what you're feeling, trust me."

He left the armory and made his way back to the others.

"Alright everyone gather up!"
Old 10-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #55
Carsew
Rookie

Jack turned his chair towards Null, putting his palms together. He didn't care what the others thought of him, he would prove in the forthcoming battle how he hade earned his rank. He thought about one time, when he had almost gotten killed, but when he did that, he saved the lives of the whole squad. He smiled and waited for Null to speak.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #56
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 

Sullivan looked towards the main quarters from the cockpit. "Well, looks like we'll might be fighting soon," he said to Deck. "I'd put this thing in auto-pilot if I were you. Oh, and just in case I don't get the chance after the briefing, I'd like to say good luck. I've got a feeling we're going to need it." With that, Sullivan walked towards where Null and the rest of the crew were gathered.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #57
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I'd put this thing in auto-pilot if I were you

"Technically, its already in autopilot." Deck pointed out. "That Azrael AI has full control over the ship, from my understanding."

Deck sat down on a near-by chair for the debriefing, focusing his attention on Null the Master Sergeant. He waited patiently for everybody to gather around.

Deck sat back in his chair, layed back and relaxed.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #58
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"I assume we've got some type of strategy planned out?"

Evans snorted, "knowing what this group appears to be like, I'd say that's a bad assumption." He paused. "In fact, this feels like one gigantic problem just waiting to happen."

"Oh, goody, we're finally getting a plan made." Evans said dryly. "I assume you have a plan that's more than: Run towards the enemy and hope to not get killed?"

Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #59
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"Oh, goody, we're finally getting a plan made." Evans said dryly. "I assume you have a plan that's more than: Run towards the enemy and hope to not get killed?"

"With all due respect sir the current plan will work, perhaps you've just been away from the real action for far too long... sir." Null stated being slightly irritated.

Null walked around for a few seconds before beginning.

"I'll state the plan one more time. We fly towards the Plague Recon Cruiser until it detects us. We quickly kill all power so all the ship scans is a dead ship. They will begin to send a boarding party while we put on our zero gee armor and exit our ship. Azrael will have a surprise waiting for the boarding party. We cut a hole where The Plague connected our two ships and enter from there. Once inside Azrael will jam their communications which will prevent them from signaling help. We will have our own private frequency on which to talk to so they won't be able to hear us. Once inside we split up into two groups. Group 1 will covertly take out any enemies that get in our way while they head to the bridge. Group 2 will head to the engine room and plant as many explosives as they can. Group 1 will secure the bridge and Azrael downloads as much info as he can. Once he’s download everything we send the ships back in the direction it came and trigger its distress beacon. We regroup and head back to our ship and fly back, and The Plague recieve a nasty surprise.”
Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #60
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(I feel as if Forever's comments were directed towards me...)
Sam leaned forward, interested in the plan they had.
Sam quietly whispered to Ares "Calculate odds of sucess."
Ares was silent for three seconds then responded " Sir, much of this is based on chance. That you stop the ship in time to be deamed a dead ship, that none of you do something stupid in the vacuum that sends you into a zero gee tumble, that-"
"Odds, please."
" Very low, 1 to 5 I'm afraid. Your all well trained soldiers, but at least two of you haven't seen action for over a year, I know you haven't seen anything for at least five years. But you're among the best, or else you wouldn't be here. That ups it to 1 in 3, still stacked against you I'm afraid sir." Ares finished.

Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #61
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"With all due respect sir the current plan will work, perhaps you've just been away from the real action for far too long... sir."

Evans raised an eyebrow, it looked like he'd be taking a stroll through Null's file if he survived this, any Master Sergeant who felt that he could talk to an officer like this had to be special. Though he was slightly miffed, mainly because the sergeant had heard the comments and not put them in their proper context.

["]Once he’s download everything we send the ships back in the direction it came and trigger its distress beacon. We regroup and head back to our ship and fly back, and The Plague recieve a nasty surprise.”

Evans looked at Null blankly, waiting for something else to appear, something.... helpful. As it was, he did not like the plan, it left far too much to fate, who was a conniving, vengeful bitch that would just as likely screw you over as help you. Damn him having command. He raged within the safety of his own mind, not that he'd have a better time of it, but he'd like to think he'd put together a plan with less.... complications and chances...

"You mean to say master sergeant that we're relying on chance to see us through?" Evans looked at the his hands again before looking up, his thoughts ordered. "We're going to get within the detection range of a Plague cruiser -which we don't know yet, considering we've never captured one- shut down everything quickly and play dead ship while hoping they don't do an infra-red scan and see that, our engines are running?" Evans shook his head. "Not only that but we're going to try and board a cruiser? Just us? You've fought against the Plague Master Sergeant, just like everybody else here, it's never that easy."

Evans looked at the Master Sergeant, hoping that he'd see something in the younger man's eyes to betray what he was thinking, to get an idea of how far he could trust him with his life...

((Not meaning to be confrontational CN; and I think I've rp'd with enough Sam Larsons by now to get their general feel Jedi , actually they weren't it was more just what a 40 year veteran would think after seeing such a rag tag group go forward with next to nil planning.))

Old 11-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #62
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"You mean to say master sergeant that we're relying on chance to see us through?... "Not only that but we're going to try and board a cruiser? Just us? You've fought against the Plague Master Sergeant, just like everybody else here, it's never that easy."

"I dont like the idea of dying either..." Deck added. "But I'm sure you were already that our odds of survival heavily relied upon chance, before you accepted this mission."

He rested his arms behind his head. "Besides, there are a few ways to avoid infrared. Like using the IES stealth system, which absorbs heat caused by shipboard operations - including crew members. That heat gets stored into the Lithium sinks stored within the Hull, rendering us "invisible" to infrared detectors."

Like most people, the average joe wouldnt understand a word he just said. But Deck didnt care; as long as the plan worked, nobody would care.

"So who goes on whose team, out of curiosity?" he queried Null.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #63
Carsew
Rookie

Jack gave heavy thought to why the mission was relying so heavily on chance, even though he knew this when he signed up for it.

"Besides, there are a few ways to avoid infrared. Like using the IES stealth system, which absorbs heat caused by shipboard operations - including crew members. That heat gets stored into the Lithium sinks stored within the Hull, rendering us "invisible" to infrared detectors." he heard Deck say. He nodded.

"Yes, but does our ship have it?" Jack asked, trying not to sound cocky or angry.

"So who goes on whose team, out of curiosity?"

Jack turned to Null and nodded.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #64
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(I know, it just felt like that. And My character is smarter now, he's an adult! *Insert cheesy superhero music*)
Sam sighed, everything was looking grim.
"Not to ruin your dreams, but I doubt that we have an IES stealth system. They are highly expensive, and would more likely be found on the ship of a diplomat or some millionaire, trust me on that." Sam said, and he knew, his old ship was equipped with one.
"If we have anything, it's probably a radar deflecting shield, but we would still generate enough heat to trip sensors on every ship with in fifteen or more clicks." Sam continued.
"But turning the ship off, letting us drift for a while with only the most essential life support systems and then opening the ship up to the vacuum so we could get over to the Plague ship, that would let the ship cool off rapidly, so nothing looks like its been used in a while." He finished.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #65
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Null looked around at the group. He could tell some if not most of them were concerned about the plan.

"To answer you sir the plan is risky but I assure you it won't be by chance. While this ship does not have an IES stealth system, it does have a little something like that. On my command Azrael will put up what looks like some sort of shielding around our dead ship. In reality our ship will have the appearence of one of their's. During my last mission with Azrael, we were able to learn the Kandoid's language...well he was at least. He'll send out a distress call in the Kandoid language where the ship will pick it up and make its way for us. We pretend our engine's have failed, our troops are injured, we're about to lose communication, and we found something to help "The Path".

"So who goes on whose team, out of curiosity?"

Null was beginning to learn the other team member's personalities and how they would do in combat.

"I'm glad you asked. Clearly Captain Evans and I will lead both groups. I will be on Group 1 and he'll lead Group 2. Deck, Tech, and Sullivan will come with me which means Jack, and Larson are with you Captain."
Old 11-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #66
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
"I'm glad you asked. Clearly Captain Evans and I will lead both groups. I will be on Group 1 and he'll lead Group 2. Deck, Tech, and Sullivan will come with me which means Jack, and Larson are with you Captain."

"Glad to hear it." Sullivan replied. Although he had qualms about leaving this mission up to chance, he was sure that things could be much worse, and besides, the rest of the crew answered most of his questions. "I realize that we're going to put on zero-g suits, but what's to stop them from seeing us before we board their ship? Our ship might change appearence, but we won't."

Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #67
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Evans nodded, it appeared that the sergeant did come up with 4 when he added 2 and 2. Great, a noble. That thought however wouldn't leave him. He didn't know when the noble class had appeared, but they hadn't been there on Earth and they'd done just fine without them.

"So, where's group 2 headed, and how many doors will we need to create on our way in?" Evans asked Null after Sullivan worked in his question.

"Well, I'd suggest overwhelming firepower," Evans added, directing the comment towards Sullivan. "Seems to take care of most of the Plague related problems." He cracked a grin to at least give the impression of a joke.

Damn, a bloody noble, a soldier suffering survivor's guilt and me. Evans mentally sighed, doing his best to keep the despair off his face. This is going to be one hell of a long mission, isn't it?

Old 11-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #68
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"I realize that we're going to put on zero-g suits, but what's to stop them from seeing us before we board their ship? Our ship might change appearence, but we won't."

"The suits themselves will be black which makes us very hard to spot in space especially if you're more concerned about the ship. There is a huge blindspot in The Plague cruiser where they can't see anything. We'll launch ourselves there and make our way to their airlock."

"So, where's group 2 headed, and how many doors will we need to create on our way in?"

"Group 2 is going to sabotage the engine room sir. Larson's AI should be able to guide you to there and should be able to sabotage it as well. If not a few bombs that Azrael can detonate will do the trick."

Null felt a slight ringing in his head, like he did during his first fight with the Plague. He quickly shook his head and tried to rub it but remembered that his helmet was still on.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #69
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"Group 2 is going to sabotage the engine room sir. Larson's AI should be able to guide you to there and should be able to sabotage it as well. If not a few bombs that Azrael can detonate will do the trick."

In a way, Deck was glad he wasnt on Group 2. He wouldnt have to go through the hassle of setting off explosives; the whole process was messy. Plus, Deck could see a reason why Null chose him to be on his team - the conflict between Deck and Jack may compromise the mission. But still, there was one problem.

"Well those are some fine choices you made, Master Sergeant." Deck added. "But I sincerely hope one of the Captain' team members have good enough skill with demolitions. Otherwise, it be worth sending one of us Tech Experts over to the other team. But apart from that, if everything goes well, I have no complaints."
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #70
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"But I sincerely hope one of the Captain' team members have good enough skill with demolitions.

"I can handle demo just fine. The, uh, plunger goes down and the explosives go off, right?" Evans chuckled a little. "I've used explosives enough in the past, may not be my specialty, but I can make due, unless these are old enough to predate the exodus by a decade or so."

Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #71
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
"The suits themselves will be black which makes us very hard to spot in space especially if you're more concerned about the ship. There is a huge blindspot in The Plague cruiser where they can't see anything. We'll launch ourselves there and make our way to their airlock."

Sullivan nodded, understanding what Null had told them. Good, nothing can go too wrong, he thought.

"Well, I'd suggest overwhelming firepower. Seems to take care of most of the Plague related problems."

Sullivan chuckled a bit, getting the joke. "Well, that's always a good option," he laughed.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #72
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Ares said over the TEAMCOM, " Yes, my skills are sufficient to sabotage their engines. For a good time, unless they should happen to guess the new password into their system." Ares made a chuckle.
Sam smiled, enjoying the idea of being able to do some good in this war.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #73
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"I can handle demo just fine. The, uh, plunger goes down and the explosives go off, right?"

This actually got Null to let a laugh out.

"Yes, my skills are sufficient to sabotage their engines. For a good time, unless they should happen to guess the new password into their system."

"Excellent, we'll make sure we don't The Plague that chance then."

Null was about to speak again when Azrael cut in.

"As much as I enjoy such basic human dialogue I must interrupt this little "chit chat". I've calculated we'll be seeing the Plague Cruiser in exactly 11 minutes and 7 seconds. I would suggest getting over to the armory now and getting yourselves set with the suits and weapons...Oh and I hope you enjoyed your flight." Azrael said over the PA system.

"You heard him, let's get a move on." Null said as he made his way towards the armory.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #74
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
"You heard him, let's get a move on."

Sullivan made his way to the armory. He already had his weapons and ammo, but he figured getting some extra gun magazines wouldn't hurt. After inspecting the armory's stock, Sullivan took a zero-g suit, and decided to just go along with the weapons and ammo he had now - having two pistols plus a shotgun and a sniper rifle was probably more than enough needed. Sullivan put on his zero-g suit, loaded, cocked, then holstered his two pistols, inserted a drum magazine into his shotgun, cocked it, held it at the ready and slung his sniper rifle behind his back. Sullivan cracked his knuckles in anticipation. He couldn't wait to crack a few Plague heads.
"Alright, let's get this show on the road."

Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #75
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Evans shed his duster and fedora and sighed in frustration as the hardened plastic/metal replaced the flexible cloth that he preferred. He selected a basic assault rifle and logged it with the suit along with his revolvers. His HUD was in the process of booting up and all he could see at the moment was his fireteam's vitals, rounds remaining in all 3 guns and suits nearby.

He keyed the TEAMCOM. "Team 2 report in."

Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #76
Carsew
Rookie

"You heard him, let's get a move on.

Jack smirked and quickly put on his helmet as he walked to the armory. The HUD booted up as Jack took a Battle Rifle and two pistols from the rack. He grabbed a few mags and holstered the pistols. Good to go, he thought.

"Team 2 report in." Jack heard from Captain Evans over the TEAMCOM. He located Evans with the HUD and quickly ran over to him.

"Sergeant Jack Adelt, reporting sir."

Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #77
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Sam stood up and went to the armory. He oepened the locker and pulled out his rifle and a few mags. He thought for a second, then he grabbed the pistol. He may be heavily proficient with his rifle, but they always had stealth generators that could make them nearly invisible. He wanted something that he could grab and use in fights under five feet in distance.
Sam aimed through the scope and smiled as the reticle came to life at his touch. Putting the rifle down, Sam started putting on his armor, trying to remember all the specifics that the tech guy had said back at base. After three minutes of fidgeting, he was in, and Ares did a diagnostic.
"Your suit is vacuum sealed, you'll be alright in space, sir."

Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #78
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Null made his way to the armory as quickly as he could. He took a look around before picking up an smg with a scope and silencer attachment. He grabbed three stun grenades, and a silencer for his custom made pistol. He gave his knife a quick sharpening before returning to the group. He placed the pistol at his side and had he smg on his back.

"Alright then, Azrael send out the signal and activate the holo image."

"Our ship now looks like there's, and a very lovely distress signal has been sent. They should be here in 10 minutes."

------------

Titon looked over at his crew. He could tell they were all tired as was he, however they could not let the Plague down. The insectoid captain rubbed his antenna to keep him going. Suddenly a loud beeping was heard through the cruiser. An image was displayed on a holo screen in front of the captain. It was another Kandoid and by the looks of it he was injured.

"Attention anyone, this is Corporal Hanun. Our ship has been attacked. Our engines are dead and our shields are down. We have 7 dead and 16 wounded, we need help asap. Our coordinates are 140, 65..."

The message ended there. Titon scratched his head for a few seconds. He could never leave a fellow Kandoid in danger like that.

"Make those coordinates our new priority, we're getting are brethren out of there."
Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #79
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Deck joined the others in the Armory, where he walked up to the locker marked with his name. He undressed himself down to his underwear. He slipped on one of the Vacuum Sealed Zero-G suits, and placed his helmet on.

"These damn helmets make my ears uncomfortable..." he mumbled. He flicked the HUD system on, which displayed his status and radiation levels. He strapped the holster containing his Revolver around his leg, and attached his Automatic Sniper Rifle to his back. "Just incase..." he thought, noting the Silencer attachment.

He joined Null and the others outside of the armory to await for the next phase.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #80
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"Sergeant Jack Adelt, reporting sir."

"I hear you Sergeant." Evans replied, already adding Adelt's vitals to his HUD's readout. After realizing that Larson wasn't going to answer anytime soon, Evans keyed in his vitals as well.

Damn, mental activity is above normal, must be going through some damn bad memories. Evans thought to himself, watching the MASR readout.

With the addition of Larson's vitals, the 'radar' in his HUD showed where Larson and Adelt were relative to him.

"Alright people, make sure your suits are vaccum ready and prepare for hot LZ." Evans said into the TEAMCOM before keying Team 2's frequency and thowing a line to Null.

"Anybody have the floor plans of a cruiser at all?" He asked. "While I know my way around, roughly, I always like having some idea of where I'm going."

He idly played with a revolver while the unknown Cruiser approached.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > The Forsaken Ones