Peace Through Fear
is a gaming guild that was formed in 2001 in preparation for Star Wars Galaxies. Since then, while still maintaining a strong presence on the Starsider server (after the guild transferred over from Scylla), we have also expanded into other MMO’s. However it’s Star Wars that is our heart and The Old Republic is bringing everybody back together into one game once again. While the structure and setting of Pax differs from game to game there is one constant… a feeling of family… and we would like you to join our family.
- What Faction will you play?
We will be Sith aligned. This does not mean you have to be a Force user, we desire all Sith aligned professions in our guild.
Anyone who plans on being a Sith aligned character is welcome to apply to Pax Imperius. Our guild is structured to accommodate both PvP
, also while RP
is not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged. Crafting and Space will also be heavily supported as well. We do not have an age limit, but we require a level of maturity
from all our members and the acceptance of our Charter
Our Charter is a ‘living document’ that out lines our guild structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and general guild rules. Ours is currently under construction and will not be fully complete until we have more details on the various aspects of TOR. You may view our charter here
- What other details about Pax Imperius can you tell me?
We do not require our regular members to dedicate hours upon hours a day to be active. We feel that in a pre-release gaming environment members will dedicate as much time as they feel is necessary. We are a guild who believes RL comes before a game, especially a game that is this far out. While we have a semi relaxed activity requirement, it does not mean we are not an active guild. We have a very active forum, various events that are scheduled by our members to help our members to get to know each other.
Since we do have a semi relaxed activity requirement, we do run roll calls every couple of months. These roll calls serve multiple purposes, making sure our members are still interested in the guild, as well as information gathering from our members.
- Above all Pax is a family (most of whom are huge Star Wars fans) and you will form friendships within our guild. Many of us have become RL friends, traveling to meet up with each other when we can and one of our members even hosts a New Years Eve party where all Pax members are invited.
- We support all play styles.
- We have a long history of working together for the benefit of the Guild, individual members, as well as the community as a whole. A Pax member is always willing to give a helping hand (or claw, or fin) to another.
- Our forums are a great way to get to know other Pax members and even indulge in some RP fiction.
- Our members have years of experience in RP, PvP and PvE in a variety of games. Many of our members are held in respect on their respective servers. Pax members are always willing to give advice and a hand if you need it.
- This will NOT be a guild that folds. Our SWG Chapter of Pax Imperius has been active and going strong since Scylla opened. We have remained active through the games turbulent history. We have recently took advantage of the server transfers that they offered and moved over to the Starsider server and will remain there until the servers close.
- We regularly hold in game training sessions and RP events which are a great way to interact with other members that gives you a break from grinding, questing or PvPing.
- You will be apart of a guild that will be a force to be reckoned with on our server. We strive to be both feared and respected within our community in all our games.
- The ability to move up in rank, even by newer members. We have a history of giving dedicated members a chance at being in a leadership position if they show the dedication and drive, no matter how long they have been a member of Pax. We are not a guild who shows favoritism to our “veteran members”.
- What is your guild structure?
The structure of Pax will not be finalized until BioWare released more info on TOR. We believe that a guild’s structure should fit in with the mechanics and features of the game in which we are playing. However the basic structure is as follows:
- The Dread Lord Sanguinous Rex.
- The Praetura (Inner Council) lead by the Overlord.
- The Conclave of Shadows (outer council)
- General Membership.
We will have chapters and RP subgroups within Pax Imperius. Once more information about the game is released we will implement these chapters and RP subgroups.
- What Server will Pax be playing on?
We can not answer that until servers and server styles are announced. Once they are we will discuss our options with all our members and the Inner Council will make a decision. It will be a U.S. based server but we have members from around the world. Preferably a RP based server.
- Our application process is a two week application period, during this two week period you will interact with Pax members, and make sure you are a good fit for our guild. This two week period is also to help you determine if our guild is a good fit for you.
- First you will need to go www.paxgaming.com
to register with the Pax Community.
- Full instructions on joining Pax Imperius can be located here
Looking for a Republic Guild? We recommend Eternal Vigilance
Looking for a Mando'a Guild? We recommend Beskar
Councilor and Diplomat of Pax Imperius
Peace Through Fear!