lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Assault Gunboat glitch
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Grombolar
Lurker

Current Game: X-Wing CD (DOS)
Assault Gunboat glitch

I've encountered a strange glitch in TIE Fighter CD-ROM (running in DOSBox 0.73), which affects flying with the Assault Gunboat.

I am using the mouse for control (I don't have a joystick and I do not intend to buy one).

Here is the problem: vertical pitch of the GUN seems to act strange - pitching down is much faster than pitching up. It's like the sensitivity for pitching down is stronger than it should be.

As a result of this, it is hard for me to keep the Gunboat's nose up. It always goes down, and this can be really frustrating, especially in dogfights. Even the slightest movement of the mouse can break my aim.

Just to be sure, I checked the situation in the older floppy edition of TIE Fighter. Everything is fine there. The Gunboat's control is accurate and smooth, just as with any other craft. Pitching up and down works fine.

So the problem occurs only in the CD version. And only the Gunboat is affected

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any way to correct it?

Last edited by Grombolar; 11-12-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Grombolar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > Assault Gunboat glitch