lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Heavy Midnight 2 - Shards
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #81
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"Say you two wouldn't be interested in getting some ice cream there with me. I don't wanna brag but I've been known to make a mean sundae. Besides it'll give me a chance to talk to you about what I wanted Moxie, and it'll give all of us a chance to get to know each other better."

Moxie smiled. "Well, I think it'll be cool. What about you, Ash?"

She turned to look at Ashtin.

----------------------------------------

"Lets see, getting pulled over for speeding, doing more parkour...you know the usual crazy stuff. What about you Sonya?"

Sonya shrugged, smiling. "Well... I was planning on going to college. But I wanted to be like a secret agent or something. Have more adventure in my life, ya know?"

Suddenly, a man came up to the two teenagers. It was Manson. "Sonya Edison?"

"That's me, sir," Sonya smiled, standing up.

The old leader smiled and chuckled. "Good to see you have another friend. Your instructor is waiting for you in the board room."

Sonya smiled. "Thank you, sir." She glanced over at John. "Well'p, I'll see ya later, Johnny. Instructor's come callin'." She smiled and waved good-bye.

After Sonya left, Manson turned to John and smiled. Extending his hand to him, he said, "William Manson. Leader of this organization. And you are...?"

(Meanwhile)

Sonya finally came to the board room's door. She breathed silently, then opened the door, stepping inside.

But when she stepped inside, Sonya quietly gasped. This was her instructor? Sonya gulped, and smiled sheepishly. "Whoa..." she thought to herself. She stood there at the end of her table by her seat. "Um... hello... sir." Sonya smiled, lost in her own world.
SkywalkerRules is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #82
Kyvios
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Ashtin slowly closed his eyes and licked his lips lightly. He was starting to get hungry but not for a ice cream sundae. With a small sigh and a shrug of his shoulders he nodded his head. Speaking at the moment didn't really seem necessary to him, sometimes speaking could be considered a waste of energy.

The memories of the time he use to be able to hunt for his food flooded his mind. In a small way it made his mouth water. It was a thrill to hunt for his food, to see the terror in they're eyes. Now... now he is stuck trying to survive off of blood packs that don't give him as nearly the amount of strength as fresh blood from the veins did. In a way, thinking upon his current situation you could almost consider him to be human.

--------------------------------

Rusu had grown a little tired of the room his friend Manson had provided for him. And he still wasn't familiar with the place he had traveled too. It would be true that Rusu was feeling rather tired, the trip being long, but he was getting an uneasy feeling that he couldn't shake. Like something about this place was about to go down. He found his way to the cafeteria and decided that eating would be a good idea.

"I doubt Manson prepared for my arrival with something I could eat." Rusu mumbled to himself as he walked down the cafeteria.

Nuts, dried fruit and a various assortment of vegetables was all Rusu needed to survive. His people frowned upon the killing and eating of the flesh of other living creatures. Everything had a right to live upon this planet and thrive just like the next creator before it. However respect for living things in these days was growing short and was becoming very popular. As man kind grew, so did the space they needed to inhabit, which meant eradication of other beings that inhabited the area before them.

Slightly to Rusu's surprise he found a bag of dried fruit. Taking it he could hear the bag crinkle from his grip. Walking over to a table he opened the bag of dried fruit and took a seat.

Kyvios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #83
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
Baldur heard the door of the board room open, but he was still staring at the laptop which scrolled through Sonya's personal biography. He shut the screen back down, and glanced up at his expected arival. He took his hat off and placed it onto the table, then he clammed his hands together.

"Goodevening. You must be Edison." he greeted. "Please, sit down."

He waited to do as she was told. Meanwhile, he unholstered both his heavily customised revolvers and placed each one beside him on the table. "I understand you had some involvement during the AWO Massacre in New York last year. You know it took a long time trying to cover the conspiracy of Vampire and Werewolf existance."

He picked up one of his guns and began toying with it by spinning it with his fingers using the Trigger Guard. His gaze didnt leave the sight of Edison. "Given your involvment with helping taking down those Ametuar Dog Hunters, I suppose that does make you a logical choice of candidates to join our Organisation. We are professionals who have exisisted for hundreds of years."

With a snap, the pistol stopped spinning. Baldur's gripped the hand piece, and placed the gun back down onto the table.

"Before we begin, there is something I will need to ask you; have you ever killed anyone?" he grinned.
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #84
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
"Well, I think it'll be cool. What about you, Ash?"

Darius looked over to Ashtin intensely. He was overwhelmed to see him nod his head at the idea of getting food. The merc jumped into the air with joy.

"Whoo!" was all he could let out.

-------------------

John waved to Sonya as she walked away and turned to the man who walked in.

Extending his hand to him, he said, "William Manson. Leader of this organization. And you are...?"

John smiled at him and shook the man's hand.

"Its nice to meet you Mr. Manson. The names John Carmine, I'm a friend of Moxie and Sonya...but I'm not here to catch up on old times, I wanna join up."
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #85
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

((Going out of town. But I'll be back this Sunday to post. ^^ ))
Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #86
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

((I'm back! ))

Moxie smiled when Ashtin agreed to tag along. She held his arm and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm glad you're coming too, Ash." She looked at Darius, who was also excited, and smiled.

"C'mon! Let's head to the cafeteria." And with that, she began to walk towards the door.

------------------------------------------------

After sitting down, and listening to Baldur speak, Sonya was in her own little world. She kept staring at her new instructor, smiling. It was like she was hypnotized by his looks. And to top it off, he wore red and black, just like her!

Sonya came back to reality, after Baldur stopped spinning the pistol, due to a snap from it.

"Before we begin, there is something I will need to ask you; have you ever killed anyone?"

The young girl gulped and chuckled nervously, playing with her fingers. "Well... ya see... heh heh... I uh... not really. Do bugs count?" Sonya smiled nervously.

------------------------------------------------

"Its nice to meet you Mr. Manson. The names John Carmine, I'm a friend of Moxie and Sonya...but I'm not here to catch up on old times, I wanna join up."

Manson nodded with an impressed smile. "I see. So... what are you good at? Shooting? Spying? Both?"
Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #87
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"Well... ya see... heh heh... I uh... not really. Do bugs count?" Sonya smiled nervously."

Baldur exchanged a grim look of disapointment. He rubbed his eyes with the tips of his fingers. "This may be more difficult than I first imagined." he muttered. "Then I'll assume you have had no previous firearm training. Dont worry, thats soon about to change."

He stood up from the table, after placing his pistols back into their respective holsters. Then, out of the occurance suddenly vanished into red mist. He suddenly materialised behind his new apprentice.

"Lets begin our Orientation, shall we?" he placed a gloved hand onto her shoulder, and after a second the two vanished. They then materialised into the Proving Grounds of SS Headquarters. They appeared right behind one of the many cubicles of the Shooting Range.

"I want to see how well you can use a pistol before we try anything more extreme." he added.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #88
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Sonya was shocked and surprised. Did he make them come here? And... how'd he vanish through that red mist and appear behind her?! So many questions about him and this Organization...

"I want to see how well you can use a pistol before we try anything more extreme."

The young girl smiled. She then made a girly laugh. Covering her mouth, Sonya looked up at Baldur. "I'm... I'm very sorry, sir. I didn't meant to do that." (( ))

She rubbed her neck, looking down. "Sir? If I may ask... how'd you do that? Ya know, with the whole disappearing thing?"

Last edited by SkywalkerRules; 02-03-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #89
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Darius looked over at Moxie and Ashtin. His rather joyous mood was replaced with concern for the girl. Not only was it very uncomfortable for him to look at but this would have to be something he'd have to bring up.

"Right behind you Mox," Darius said as he turned to follow the girl.

-----------------

"I see. So... what are you good at? Shooting? Spying? Both?"

"I've never tried sneaking around so I don't know how good of a spy I'd make, but I know how to shoot." John replied.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #90
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Baldur exchanged another silly looking grim looked towards Sonya when misintepreted his words. "I'm... I'm very sorry, sir. I didn't meant to do that."

"This one is gonna need some more work than I thought..." he whispered under his breath, that it almost sounded like he mumbled.

"Sir? If I may ask... how'd you do that? Ya know, with the whole disappearing thing?"

"Ah yes, my apoligies. I didnt give you the chance to ask any questions before we started. How rude of me..." he crossed his arms. "Very well. In answer to your question; what you just witnessed was a Self Transmutation that atomises my form in with the oxygen, and can channel my conscience to another place instaneously. A form of Teleportation, to simplify things."

Baldur walked over to the glass cabinet across from them. He pulled out a SS Standard Issue Semi-Automatic Pistol. He handed Sonya the pistol, as well as the magazine that came with it.

"Tell you what... If you can beat the Initiate Score of 55, you can ask me any question you wish that I am enabled to answer. I'll give you three shots of practice, before moving onto the task."
Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #91
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"Ah yes, my apoligies. I didnt give you the chance to ask any questions before we started. How rude of me..." he crossed his arms. "Very well. In answer to your question; what you just witnessed was a Self Transmutation that atomises my form in with the oxygen, and can channel my conscience to another place instaneously. A form of Teleportation, to simplify things."

Sonya looked down, wondering what he meant. Maybe he was some kind of magician? Magician or not, he was cool...

"Tell you what... If you can beat the Initiate Score of 55, you can ask me any question you wish that I am enabled to answer. I'll give you three shots of practice, before moving onto the task."

Sonya sighed, looking down at the magazine and pistol. "I guess..." She looked at the fields aimlessly. "You want me to start now?"
Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 AM   #92
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I guess..." She looked at the fields aimlessly. "You want me to start now?"

Baldur flicked a switch, and a spotlight flashed onto the target made from a large A2 sheet of paper.

"You may begin." Baldur replied. "I want to see how you fire a pistol. Then, I can help correct your mistakes. Afterward, your Orientation may conclude and we can start preparing you for your first assignment."

This one held great promise in Baldur's eyes. With a little fine tuning, he will look forward to seeing her in action. "But first..." He approached her, placing a hand on hers that was holding the gun. "Safety off." he smirked. He paced away from her and watched from the shadows. "Fire!" he barked.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #93
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"You may begin." Baldur replied. "I want to see how you fire a pistol. Then, I can help correct your mistakes. Afterward, your Orientation may conclude and we can start preparing you for your first assignment."

Sonya smiled and nodded. "Gotcha." Sonya placed the magazine down beside her, and began to point at the A2 sheet of paper in the target field. But before she could fire, she heard Baldur from behind.

"But first..." He approached her, placing a hand on hers that was holding the gun. "Safety off." he smirked.

Sonya nodded, switching the safety off. She then bit her lower lip, smiling and blushing that Baldur touched her hand. She cleared her throat, and stood in correct position. At the age of 15, her father, who was in the U.S. Army, taught her how to use a gun. Her mother forbade it, but it was to teach her how to protect herself from any harm.

Sadly, her father died in the war. This broke her heart, seeing that she never killed or picked up gun again. Until now...

"Fire!"

Doing as Baldur told her, Sonya fired the pistol. Her shot was a few inches away from the main target. She shot 5 more shots until she stopped. Placing the gun down sadly, she glanced down quietly.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #94
Kyvios
Forumite

Ashtin walked with Moxie, his arm draped over his shoulders as he held her slightly close to him. As they walked he couldn't help glance over his shoulder a few times to look at Darius. So that baboon was now Moxie's instructor, that situation himself gave him an uneasy feeling, last thing he needed was for Moxie to be more rash.

"So tell me Darius, what do you plan on 'teaching' Moxie anyhow?" Ashtin said trying to keep his attitude in the positive range.

---------------------------------------

Rusu could hear footsteps in the background. The level of spiritual energy varied between the three that approached. There were many odd thing about this place, and Rusu was looking forward to his talk with Manson about the operation he had started here. Not a lot was known about this place to Rusu. That didn't make him uneasy in any way, just more curious then usual.

Rusu's eyes stayed upon the entrance to the cafeteria door hoping for a glimpse of the ones that maybe walking by. While his eyes stayed fixed upon the door, his right hand continued to pick up piece of dried banana's, cherries, and apples. The sound they made when his teeth crushed down upon them was slightly thrilling to Rusu, the vibration upon his mouth was a pleasant and welcome feeling.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #95
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Every time Ashtin turned to look back at Darius, he would wave to him like a little kid would. Had this been a few hours ago Darius would be confused by Ashtin's actions but now he knew why. For some odd reason they were a couple which Darius saw as completely wrong.

"So tell me Darius, what do you plan on 'teaching' Moxie anyhow?"

Darius shook his head and laughed at the vampire's attempt at small talk.

"Well if you must know than I guess I can share with the class. Moxie's going to be shadowing me on the next mission the big guy plans for everyone. Its great experience and I can keep an eye on the rook."
Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #96
Kyvios
Forumite

Shadowing wasn't exactly a bad idea to Ashtin, perhaps observing would help gain Moxie's courage a little more. Though the thought also crossed his mind that Moxie observing a deranged lunatic might also turn her into something similar. But the thought of Moxie turning into a mindless killer was hard for him to believe any how. A small chuckle formed in the back of his throat that was quickly suppressed at the idea Moxie would be able to kill much of anything.

"As long as she doesn't get killed" Ashtin said nodding his head.

In all honesty that he kept hidden from others is that he was glad Moxie chose to avoid rushing head first into a dangerous situation. He knew himself to well and knew that her presence would be a slight distraction for him since his desire to protect her was a strong one. And that could lead to them both getting hurt or being killed. As the thought traveled through his mind that he could lose Moxie, his hand gripped her shoulder a little tighter as if he was trying to make sure she was still by his side. Such emotions that he had thought he locked away so long ago came rushing back with a bull's fury with her very presence. Sometimes he feels like running from her, and others he simply just wishes to embrace her... and he knew... he knew to well that... that once time continues on what they have will grow old and simply die.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #97
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Baldur watched as Sonya fired at the target. Baldur was amazed that a rookie such as Sonya was even able to hit the target. It wasnt that pleasing, nor was it that bad.

Baldur smirked. "I'm impressed. You obviously had previous experience with firearms. But, with a little fine tuning - you ought to make a great asset to this organisation."

He flicked another switch. A light beamed from behind the paper target, outlining the bullet holes she made. "Unfortunatly, you didnt pass the Initiate Score. But this is to be expected. The whole point of this exercise was for me to know a little about you - to analyse how proficient you are. The Supernatural Society relies on their agents as what you could describe as a law enforcer against Vampires, Werewolves and demons. They're combat specialists, trained to deal with; extraction, apprehension, espionage, assasination... the list goes on. I can tell alot about the person from the way they use their gun and their skills. You require extensive training before we can begin on your first assignment."

He reached from within his coat a book, and placed it on the table. "This orientation is over. I advise you to read this book; it covers the details on how this organisation functions, rules and regulations you must obey."

He walked out of the target range. "I will be seeing you tomorow, Miss Edison..."
Old 02-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #98
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

As the the guys had their conversation about her training, Moxie continued to look down while walking in Ashtin's arms. She began to think about all the times they went through. Good and bad. Ashtin was this vampire who attempted to eat her when she was 17. And now... they were lovers.

Moxie suddenly felt a hand slightly squeeze her shoulder. It was Ashtin's. It was as if he made sure she was with him. The young girl glanced up at Ashtin, and smiled. She then rested her head on his shoulder.

They were finally at the cafeteria. "Well'p, here we are," Moxie said in a quiet voice. She glanced at Darius and smiled. "Let's eat."

------------------------------------------

"I'm impressed. You obviously had previous experience with firearms. But, with a little fine tuning - you ought to make a great asset to this organisation."

Sonya straighten up, and looked at Baldur. She smiled nervously.

"Unfortunatly, you didnt pass the Initiate Score. But this is to be expected. The whole point of this exercise was for me to know a little about you - to analyse how proficient you are. The Supernatural Society relies on their agents as what you could describe as a law enforcer against Vampires, Werewolves and demons. They're combat specialists, trained to deal with; extraction, apprehension, espionage, assasination... the list goes on. I can tell alot about the person from the way they use their gun and their skills. You require extensive training before we can begin on your first assignment."

The young girl looked down, but followed every word he said. He then placed a book on the table.

"This orientation is over. I advise you to read this book; it covers the details on how this organisation functions, rules and regulations you must obey."

Sonya took the book and held it. She nodded. "Yes sir."

"I will be seeing you tomorow, Miss Edison..."

"Thank you, sir," Sonya said quietly, looking down with sorrow. The thought of her father still clouded her mind...
Old 02-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #99
Kyvios
Forumite

Rusu could hear the sounds of talking in the distance as the ones he sensed were coming closer to the cafeteria. As they entered the room his glance traveled to the female that was with the to two males. Something was familiar about her. Slowly Rusu stood up, folded the two ends in on the bag and rolled it closed leaving it upon the table as he walked over to the in coming group. As Rusu walked towards the group he made sure that face wrap was up over his nose so only his eyes could be seen. Not only was he interested in the girl, but also the unnatural relationship she had with the creature she was with.

Placing his right hand upon his left shoulder he bowed low to the group saying "It is a pleasure to make all your acquaintances."

-----------------------------------------

Ashtin looked at the man that was now in front of them. This man had a strange aura about him that he couldn't place. Was he another paranormal creature like Ashtin himself was, or just some specially gifted human. His presences was making Ashtin slightly uncomfortable, and he realized that became evident when he shifted back and forth.

"You haven't made our 'acquaintances'" Ashtin said in a low voice, slightly snarling at the man now before them. "To do that proper introductions should be made."

Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #100
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Darius continued to make faces from behind his mask as he watched Ashtin and Moxie. Just the sight of the two together was very uncomfortable for him, not to mention the danger it would cause. He was pulled back to reality by Moxie's gentle voice.

"Let's eat."

Darius smiled back at the girl, and took a deep breath before preparing his speech.

"Of course, but I really should talk about training..."

Darius was caught off by a man with a mask covering most of his face. Darius sighed in relief, giving him more time to prepare and laughed at the exchange between the man and Ashtin.

"You just pick fights with every new face don't ya? New recruits must really love meeting you then." Darius said to Ashtin before looking at the man. "You'll have to forgive hothead here, he's really quite the character once you get to know him...I'll let you know what that's like when I get there. The name's Darius Wilson, and you are?"
Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #101
Kyvios
Forumite

Rusu grinned under his mask at the mans response to this comrades greeting. But he could tell that his companion was not pleased with it however by the scowl that came over his face. It was refreshing to see some one optimistic and out going in times that are not particularly kind.

"My name is Alvaro Rusu, but Rusu will do just fine thank you" he said to the group, his eyes traveling over the three. His eyes spending a little to much time upon the girl that was with them. She looked vary famillare to him, but some how he could not place it.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #102
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Moxie slightly nudged Ashtin on his arm, trying to stop him from getting edgy. The young woman smiled up at the one named Alvaro Rusu. She also noticed that he kept staring at her, as if... he knew her.

Breaking the silence, Moxie extended her hand to him, smiling brightly. "Hello. I'm Moxie Stewart. Trainee here at the Supernatural Society. It's nice to meet you."

She really hoped Ashtin wouldn't do anything to get attention in the cafetria. Only a handshake would do and everybody's happy.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #103
Kyvios
Forumite

Ashtin felt slight pressure on his side. Knowing it was Moxie trying to get him to calm his quick temper he sighed heavily and nodded his head. He had trouble trusting people he didn't know, spending most of his life wondering what strangers were out to end his life was a hard feeling to get rid of after all, and there was still something strange about this man before them.

"And I am Ashtin Dezreil" he said, his tone still lightly disgruntled.

-------------------------

"forgive my rudeness" Rusu said looking at the Moxie "Could I perhaps have the names of your parents"

Rusu was always straight forward about things. It takes to long to just wonder around something you rather just get over and done with. If his suspicions were correct her answer were confirm or deny them.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #104
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Moxie smiled at Ashtin. At least he didn't attempt to tear the man's neck off. She then glanced back at the man in front of them.

"forgive my rudeness" Rusu said looking at the Moxie "Could I perhaps have the names of your parents"

The young girl slightly tilted her head to the side, wondering why he asked that. Something told her that this man was somebody from her past. But... why say her parents in this?

"Well... my mom was Amelia. And my dad was Mark. They were my real parents. Why, sir?"
Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #105
Kyvios
Forumite

Rusu could tell that the man at Moxie's side, Ashtin, was uncomfortable with the start of they're conversation. There was no reason for Ashtin to fear Rusu, he came as a companion to help with the biker gang that seemed to be causing problems. But one thing Rusu could do with slight ease was ignore the ignorant, which seemed Ashtin was.

"I knew your parents well in fact. We were good friends in our youth." Rusu said to Moxie stretching out his arm and stepping to the side "I think you and I should talk."

Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #106
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
For once Darius could agree with Ashtin's actions. Normally he himself wouldn't care but now this guy was starting to give him the creeps.

"I think you and I should talk."

"And I think you need to hold your horses there Rusu. First I think you need to give Moxie some proof and secondly I need to talk to her as well. I just think training her is a bit more important than catching up on old times."
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #107
Kyvios
Forumite

Stepping in front of Moxie to prevent her from going any where with this Rusu, Ashtin glared at him. Something was definetly magical about this man, where he learned his magics and what kind of magics he knew was still a mystery to him and he wasn't about to let Moxie go anywhere with this guy until they knew more about him.

"Private matters should stay private" Ashtin said to Rusu a slight growl in his voice. "Perhaps if Moxie wants you two can talk some other time. But for now your time is not now. understand"

------------------------------

Rusu laughed a little at the hint of protection the two showed for Moxie. If he had any intention about harming Moxie they certainly wouldn't stand much of a chance. But he had no intention upon causing any trouble with in Masons agency.

"Perhaps your friends are correct. We can speak upon the past some other time." He said calmly to her and bowed slightly. His glance then looked over at Ashtin "Tell me, Vampire, how long do you think what you have will last."

And with those words being his last he left the room and started to walk down the hall.

----------------------------------

How long would what last? Ashtin didn't know what Rusu was talking about. Cryptic person that Rusu seemed, and that just made him distrust him even further. In all todays events he couldn't help but let out a low growl of his frustrations. Something told him he should of just stayed in the gym and continued to work out, but now it was to late, and what happened as happened.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #108
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Darius watched Rusu exit the room, even though he was gone he still felt uncomfortable. He would definitely have to keep an eye on him, however now was not the time for that. He needed to know what Moxie was capable of, and how much he was going to need to teach her.

"So Moxie, do you know how to use a gun? Actually let me rephrase that. Your boss agreed to a week and that's not a lot of time to teach you everything I know, so I want you to tell me what you want me to teach you." he said in an attempt to change topics.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #109
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Moxie watched as the men talked. Ashtin was getting really upset about Rusu. He felt that he didn't trust him. Neither did Darius. The young girl watched on, hoping that nothing would start. Finally, the man was gone.

Deep in her mind, she really wanted to know more about him. If he said was true about meeting her parents... then, she'd have to know. Somehow...

"So Moxie, do you know how to use a gun? Actually let me rephrase that. Your boss agreed to a week and that's not a lot of time to teach you everything I know, so I want you to tell me what you want me to teach you."

Moxie turned to Darius and smiled, knowing his statement. "Oh, yes! I used a gun since the fall of AWO. But I would like more fighting skills with my hands. If that's all right."

She glanced up at Ashtin, her eyes saddened. She was beginning to worry for him...
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #110
Kyvios
Forumite

Ashtin didn't turn around to see Rusu leave the room. The fact that he could still smell him in the air was disturbing enough. Ignoring the others he walked over to a table and sat down placing his hands over his face and ran them down as he let out a sigh. Why? Why couldn't things just be easy? No psychotic mercenaries? No magical unknown creatures? Just things as they should be. Ashtin could tell he was getting angry over everything, and he knew that Moxie would worry about him if he kept this behavior up. But he couldn't let go of it. This feeling clinged to him so tightly that it started to become the only thing he could feel.

"This is complete bull" he mumbled to himself as he stared down upon the table.

With another heavy sigh he leaned back into the chair and rested his head backwards so his eyes gazed upon the ceiling above. He still slightly wished beyond everything he was feeling that he had just stayed in the gym, at least then he could of worked out the issues he had with Darius.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #111
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"Oh, yes! I used a gun since the fall of AWO. But I would like more fighting skills with my hands. If that's all right."

Darius nodded his head, very impressed with Moxie's answer. Unarmed combat was the most important skill every merc should know. Only having a week, Darius would have to do his best to teach Moxie as much as he could. He have to pick the right fighting style for Moxie, one that would ensure her survival.

"Of course its alright Mox. Tomorrow we'll play around with a couple different styles and see which one you like best. Fortunately for you, your amazing instructor has mastered many different fighting styles so whichever you like the best chances are I've mastered it."

Darius looked over at Ashtin, who was still angry at well about everything he guessed. He then looked back to Moxie who went from happy to sad just that quickly.

"You just don't like being happy do you Buzzkill?" Darius said to him

Last edited by Cyborg Ninja; 03-07-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #112
Kyvios
Forumite

Lifting his head so his gaze was now at the distant wall, Ashtin gritted his teeth at Darius's comment. This person has proved nothing but radical, and dangerous to everything. Why Manson trusted this particular individual to tutor Moxie was beyond anything Ashtin could understand.

"And what particular buzz would i be killing, Mr. Darius?" Ashtin asked as he rested his elbows upon the table and folding his hands together resting his chin upon his hands.

This man didn't know Ashtin, and making assumptions about him wasn't going to make him like this Darius any.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #113
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Darius looked over at Ashtin and chuckled at his response. Making fun of him was just too much fun! He was just puzzled on how someone could stay so angry for so long. Maybe Ashtin was a teenager in vampire years?

"Hmm, I'd have to say just about everyone's. To be honest I'm not exactly sure how people put up with you when all you do is get angry and complain. Not to mention you have major trusting issues with just about everyone you come into contact with."

Darius took a seat on a chair next to him and pulled out his pistol. He made sure the safety was on before he began twirling it with his finger.

"I get it now...still mad at me are ya? There's something else to add to the board, you don't let things go. Let's go back to that club for a few seconds. Was what I did really such a bad thing? Not only did I make sure no one got hurt but I stopped his chances from escaping into the crowd. Plus my actions probably caught him off guard just as much as you were. Sure I thought about stealthing my way in there but shouldn't an informant for a dangerous gang be expecting someone to take him out. I made sure to draw my weapon first so he couldn't try anything." Darius stopped twirling his pistol and let the words sink in.

He placed the pistol back in the holster and stood up.

"So I guess I take my statement back, you're not buzzkilling everyone. You're buzzkilling yourself and you're bringing everyone down with you."
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #114
Kyvios
Forumite

Standing up from his chair Ashtin took a deep breath in, then exhaled slowly. Obviously this particular human didn't understand that his actions could of done more harm than good, he was just lucky. And for the moment being in his presence was stirring up things he'd would of rather kept buried inside. Continuing this slowly breathing trying to relax his nerves, but it seemed completely impossible with this childish, moronic nit wit standing around trying to justify the fact that he could of ruined everything in his brief yet continuing moment of insanity.

"If you will please excuse me." Ashtin said as calmly as he could and bowed his head slightly "There is something I need to take care of."

Ashtin turned away from the table and walked passed Moxie without even glancing at her. He knew it hurt her, and maybe in a way he wanted to hurt her. There were things he needed to do. Something he needed to take care of. But he wasn't going to find it tied to the SS agency. Walking out of the cafeteria, and then down the hall to the elevator he took it up to the third floor sleeping quarters. His first stop was her room, Ashtin needed to leave something for her, something to help her. Walking down the hall he counted the doors he passed one...three... seven... then finally ten, Moxie's room.

He stood outside the door of her room for a long time then finally entered it. Ashtin didn't take the time to look around at what she could possibly have upon the walls, he was there to do one thing and one thing only. Reaching behind him he unhooked the two holsters that were attached to the back of his belt and left it on the table near Moxie's bed. Then he reached in and removed several clips he had hidden with in his jacket, two of the clips contained ultraviolet bullets for his hand. Then he sat on a chair and pulled a notebook and a pencil towards him and began writing.

Right now, as you read this. You maybe have been told I am a traitor and possibly to kill me on sight. And if you believe that is so, then I am leaving you two clips with specially made bullets. My guns will not fail you, just trust in them and they will trust in you. Our weapons, are just an extension of ourselves. Close your eyes and just feel yourself combine with what you hold in your hand. And gently squeeze the trigger and your mind will travel with the bullet to the point where you want it to hit. Believe you can do it, believe in yourself. Like I believe in you Moxie. And please do not follow the fallen, not everything can be saved or is meant to be saved.

My love for you is Eternal Moxie, Good-bye.

Sliding the notebook near his, now Moxie's two pistols Ashtin placed the pencil upon the notebook and left her room. Traveling back two rooms he entered his rooms. It stayed dark, just the way he usually liked things. His sword wasn't to fair out of reach, the sheath was black, with the front and back sides along with the top and bottom covered in silver metal. The blade was blood red, and contained a blood groove, the hilt was wrapped in black leather, and the hand guard was two dragons connected by they're tails and heads. He walked out of his room feeling a little anxious and nervous, feelings that weren't particularly new to him but they're presence wasn't comforting none the less.

With any luck Baldur hadn't killed the informant from the club yet. Hopefully the man remained suborn, forcing Baldur to wait. But information, was information and any creature would rightly give it up if it meant saving they're lives. Taking the elevator to the main floor he knew the first place he'd have to look, the interrogation chamber. Ashtins eye's focused on the door intensely as he could feel some excitement run through his entire body. He wasn't certain if it was just because of the adrenaline of the moment or his taste of freedom from restricting rules.

Stopping in front of the door Ashtin knocked upon it, but no answer came. Slowly and quietly he opened the door and found Gibbs asleep in the chair, and the informant recovering still from Baldurs interrogation techniques. Ashtin didn't envy the mine for having to be interrogated by Baldur, but Baldur was the best out of all of them Ashtin wasn't about to deny that. He began to wonder if he should leave Gibbs alive, or kill him merely out of precaution. At the moment he wasn't to particularly fond of leaving a trail of blood in his wake if he wanted to get out unnoticed for a good period of time. Leaving Gibbs alone Ashtin stepped quietly over to the informant and woke him up.

"Mr. Black you are to come with me." Ashtin said in a low authorative voice unhooking his chains from the table but leaving his hands chained together.

"What now, some punk vampire is going to try one over on me. You people already got what you wanted. Or wait are you the one they send to finish the job?" Mr. Black said in a low arrogant voice.

"No" Ashtin said keeping his voice quiet "I'm the one whose getting you out of here. And your going to lead me to the gang you deal with."

"What makes you think I'd do that?" responded Mr. Black looking into Ashtin's eyes.

"Because if you don't, and they happen to survive the encounter with SS agents and you still live. You won't for long. We have to warn them not to meet at that particular location. Create a new one." Ashtin told him, his voice remaining serious and his eyes staring directly back into Mr. Blacks.

There were several moments of silence before Mr. Black spoke "Alright, whats your plan to get out of here hot shot."

With a slight grin Ashtin said "Through the front gate."

They left the interrogation room, Ashtin dragging Mr. Black's still weaken body behind him to the elevator to the lower level, which housed all the different vehicals that the Supernatural Society used in undercover operations. Once in the garage Ashtin continued to drag Mr. Black to a car Ashtin kept the keys for a deep water blue Dodge Avenger. Throwing Mr. Black in the back seat of the car and closing the door, Ashtin looked up at the camera making sure his face was recognized and got into the drivers seat of the car. Once the engine was turned on he floored it through the gates of the garage then to the Agency it self and onto the main stretch of highway. He knew once they were in town he would have to ditch the car, along with the keys knowing they contained tracking devices upon them.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #115
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Darius watched as Ashtin simply got up and walked away from the two of them. Darius shook his head the entire time. Was this guy really that much of a jerk that he didn't even have the common courtesy to say anything to Moxie. If only this guy was the stereotypical bad vampire he usually runs into. Then he'd have an excuse for killing him. Unfortunately for him he was a "good guy" and the last time he attacked a good vampire based on gut feeling, he had to run from a lot of puppeteers and a crazy man in a yellow bird costume.

I thought he was counting bullets...

Darius snapped out of his past and looked down at Moxie. He a hand on the girl's shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"Forget about him for now, he's probably just blowing off more steam...again. Alright I think we need to lighten things up, is there anything fun to do here? Lucky for you I've mastered fun unless it involves clowns...scary colorful clowns." Darius said hoping to change both the subject and Moxie's mood.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #116
Kyvios
Forumite

After an hour of driving Ashtin and Mr. Black finally reached downtown. Thankfully the trip was a silent one which made it easier for Ashtin to work out a more detailed plan. Pulling over he parked the car and turned off the engine then turned to face Mr. Black and looked at the man who to Ashtin's surprise still seemed to be recovering. With a slight shake of his head he reached over and started patting Black's cheek to wake him up.

"You can sleep later Mr. Black, we have to contact your friends or they won't be your friends any longer." Ashtin said to the man keeping his voice strong.

Ashtin got out of the car and looked around, thankfully they were still well into night hours which meant for now there wasn't any hurry to hide somewhere. Opening the back door of the car Ashtin reached in and pulled Black out of the car, as Ashtin pulled him out of the car Black made a grunting noise as if he didn't want to have to move. Pushing Black along with the hilt of his sword Ashtin kept his eyes open for anything suspicious.

"There is a phone booth seven blocks away from our current position, thats where you make your call and make it quick." Ashtin told Black "Tell them to meet us at an old abandoned warehouse on the wharf, it's quiet and safe here."

Black didn't say anything in response only let out another grunt and a nod of his head. As they were walking Ashtin noticed a group of teenagers playing something that involved money and some dice. It wasn't a game Ashtin knew at all, but he had use for the people involved.

"Hey" Ashtin yelled out to the group and tossed the keys "Deep sea blue Dodge Avenger parked over on the corner. She won't let you down trust me."

The teens looked at the keys in shock, then one of them quickly grabbed the keys and started running, with the others shortly following after them. Now if the agency tried tracking the vehical they wouldn't find Ashtin still driving it. Which should buy him at least one more hour. After the long walk was over, Black picked up the phone and dialed a number. Now Ashtin had to wait for Black's conversation to be over, and the desired location to be agreed upon. So he waited leaning his back against the booth his arms folded over his chest and his sword firmly in its hilt, and the hilt tightly attached to his belt.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #117
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Baldur watched from the shadows. His eyes didnt deceive him that he saw Ashtin throw a man in the backseat of a Deap Sea Blue Dodge Avenger. Ashtin then teared through the Garage and out onto the open road. Baldur materialised outside of the headquarters and watched as the car dashed through the highway.

"Well... I never thought he would actually do it." he smiled. "I may have underestimated that one. Well, he wont be going to far I would hope to imagine."

He made his way to the security/surveilance room. It was a dark archway passage illuminated by the lights emited from the many computer consoles lined across the wall. There were only 4 men in the room, taking overnight shifts while the rest of the crew worked during the day.

"Please tell me you didnt miss that..." Baldur crossed his arms. One of the men glanced up in responce.

"We're keeping an eye on him this minute. Damn! I hit the emergency lockdown right before he was nearing the exit. Those Avengers sure do pack enough grunt to evade such a thing."

"We've got bigger problems... He's taken one of our prisoners. Mr Johnny Black, whom we have just taken into custody, to be precise. That could raise big problems..." Baldur stared at the clock on the monitor. "We've got 6 hours before sunrise to locate him. Even if he does ditch the car and throw the keys away, there are still other ways to track him... Which I'm sure you're already aware of." he smirked. He turned around and dematerialised.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #118
Kyvios
Forumite

Ashtin grabbed Black by the collar of his shirt and started walking away from the harbor. He knew in his line of work there was nothing as being over cautious. He took several side streets and then turned into a dark alley way. There in the distance he saw beggars sleeping in or under cardboard boxes. In normal circumstances Ashtin would frown upon such interactions with the lowlifes of the human world. But again you can never be to cautions with the supernatural in this world.

"Hey" Ashtin said his voice harsh as he kicked the cardboard box hard enough to put a hole into it "Wake up"

The elderly man, groaned and turned to look over at Ashtin still holding Black by the collar of this shirt. The man seemed surprised that two pretty well dressed man would be in a dark dirty alley as this one trying to get the attention of a beggar.

"What is it you want..." the beggar said his voice dry and low.

"Your clothes" Ashtin said "Your's and his" he said pointing to the pan laying on the cold paved alley under a piece of cardboard, and newspapers.

The man stared up at the two men, his eyes glancing between them. Slowly the beggar stood up and walked over to his friend waking him up. Ashtin could smell the fear the man was feeling for the situation. The assumption was at the current time the man had faced many dangerous situations and didn't want this particular one to be his last. The beggar explained what Ashtin wanted and all four men exchanged clothes in the alley. The beggars were happy with they're new outfits, while Ashtin and Black frowned a little at the smell that was now emitting from them. How ever Ashtin was far from trying to alter they're smell.

The puddles on the ground smelled worse than the clothes they had now acquired so hopefully the intense smell wouldn't make them lose the contents of they're stomachs. With a quick jerk of his arm Ashtin pushed Black into the puddles then knelt down and started running the liquid through his hair and onto his skin. This was probably the second most disgusting thing he had ever had to do. The first was when he encounter Moxie and had to make a quick get away through the sewers.

Once they both were now completly putrid to smell Ashtin grabbed Black's collar once more and made the man walk in front of him. They're destination now was for the abandoned warehouse upon the wharf.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #119
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"Forget about him for now, he's probably just blowing off more steam...again. Alright I think we need to lighten things up, is there anything fun to do here? Lucky for you I've mastered fun unless it involves clowns...scary colorful clowns."

Moxie looked up at Darius sadly, and smiled. "Actually... I'm gonna take a quick rest, due to all the event. I'll see ya later." After getting up, and giving Darius another smile, Moxie went out of the cafeteria.

Walking down the hall, she hoped that Ashtin was all right. She'd do anything to make him feel better.

When she got to her room, she opened the door, and got in. Closing the door, she turned on the light, walked to her bed and sat. She sighed. "How can I ever have Ash look at the bright side of things? I know he's a Vampire, but... everybody needs to know peace."

When her eyes looked at her desk, she squinted. Two pistols? Moxie got up and walked to the desk. Those looked like Ashtin's pistols! She then looked at two ultraviolet clips. "Why would Ashtin leave these here?"

She then opened her notebook. Something in the back of her mind told her to do so. Suddenly, she found a letter, and read it. She kept on reading it until she couldn't read no more. Moxie sadly placed the notebook on her desk. She then fell to her knees, and started to cry.

Why would Ashtin do this? Why? She slowly looked up, tears staining her cheeks. "I have to bring him back. I gotta help him..."
Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #120
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I have to bring him back. I gotta help him..."

"Correction..." Baldur appeared behind Moxie. "We are going to go get him!" he smirked.

He saw the two pistols placed on the bed, and the letter on the desk. "Ashtin is a valued member of our organisation - not in terms of his abilities. He knows things about our organisation that should kept from the world."

He walked over to the desk and admired Ashtin's Handguns. Beatifully crafted. Why he would leave behind such valuable pieces was beyond Baldurs comprehension. "We're tracking him this moment infact. He's managed to ditch two of our tracking devices, but their are other ways to find him. One way or another, we'll be confronting Ashtin soon enough."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Heavy Midnight 2 - Shards