lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Cyclic Redundancy Check Error"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-15-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
traviss.
Lurker

"Cyclic Redundancy Check Error"

Hello,

Today I tried to reinstall my JK2 and I got an error message. I had tried to install my game in the past, this error had also come up. I thought I'd leave it, but I'd like to try again.

This is what the message looks like,

I read the stickied thread that instructs you to paste it while installing, it worked at completing the installation, but then after 3-4 minutes of the assets0.pk3 copying from the disk an error came up; an MS-DOS error. I then tried to copy all the files from the assets0.pk3 and create a new .pk3 file. It worked until a '.exe has to close' appeared while it was running the startup scripts.

I cleaned my disk with 'disk polisher', tried to install it again. The error re-appeared. So I'm starting to think that the error is coming from the assets folder itself.

Assistance at the earliest convenience would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
traviss. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
traviss.
Lurker

It's been a week and not even one attempt at assisting me?

Come on guys!

traviss. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
CRC check usually comes from a damaged file...so it looks like the data on the cd itself is damaged, nothing much you can do about it.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well maybe things changed from when i tried to recover damaged files but i was never successful at it...i havent had a bad crc in like 5 years anyway.

Thanks for the useful post, i'll keep that in mind if i ever get the dreaded crc.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
If you contact LucasArts support, I think they will send you a replacement disk for a nominal fee. At least they used too.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > "Cyclic Redundancy Check Error"