lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dragon Age: Awakening Expansion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #41
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Well, not to say these Indie games are bad, they do rely on a gimmick, sort of... Their very basic and not so overly complex as a game as Dragon Age.

Note, that I don't think that's whats wrong though, but I don't think you can compare it just like that.

Anyway, it's time some company dethroned Bioware from the RPG genre. Or they need a lot of new talent, to kick out the eldar members, who seem to create the collect the 4 things RPG main quest.
Then look at Planescape: Torment. It was much deeper than Dragon Age and managed to be not only original and fantastical, but also touched upon metaphysical and philosophical topics. Fallout is also a good example - in a genre dominated by elves and dwarves, Fallout not only successfully shifted setting to a believable post-apocalyptic world, but created a trademark presentation style.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - sure vampires aren't original, but they're great to play in an FPRPG because a complex world of vampire politics hasn't been done before. Before it, Troika also took an excellent spin on the high fantasy genre by fusing Steampunk with it to create an amazing world of Victorian language, flintlock pistol-weilding elves, airships and orcish fighter pilots.

KotOR II - an uncertain, dark tale that evaded conventional RPG storytelling. It not only managed to be original on its own, but brought that freshness to an increasingly tired world of Star Wars. Kreia alone is one of the most original and interesting characters in video games.

Thief. First-person was (and still is) synonymous with mindless sci-fi monster shooting. Thief changes that, an intelligently written story, a semi-steampunk setting and gameplay that focuses on staying hidden and using stealth. It's a refreshingly original gameplay experience. Even today, only the Splinter Cell series has come reasonably close to good stealth.

Portal. I don't even need to expound on it - a (what appears to be) sentient, malfunctioning robot runs twisted mental tests on a test subject who is presumably a prisoner in the facility. The sheer character of GLADoS is original, as is Portal's gameplay and sense of humour.

Mirror's Edge, while being a flawed game was also on the right track conceptually. A challenge that centred around escaping combat running at full speed. Parkour-based running-and-jumping first-person gameplay set in a beautiful stark white world - that's originality amidst a sea of games with (as Yahtzee described) Dystopia Brown and Gunmetal Grey.

POKEMON. One of the most phenomenally creative game designs I can think of. An alternate world inhabited by magical creatures who can be trapped in small devices and then be used partly as pets, partly as cocks in cockfighting tournaments. No epic quests, no dragons, no elves or dwarves, and yet all RPG.

It's really not that hard. Or at least, it isn't as hard as Dragon Age seemingly makes it out to be. What does Dragon Age bring to the table? Blood? "An epic world with its own people and languages populated by different races"? Dragons? Moral choices?

To be fair however, Sandal is awesome.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #42
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
This bugged the HELL out of me. I was with the game entirely up to this point. I can handle elves in forest, humans in a city, and Dwarves underground...

But to anyone who has ever played World of Warcraft, Orzammar was an architectural rip off. It was fascinating the level of detail they went to make the place almost identical.
LIke I said, it's not the only RPG. Drakensang is another example of a great RPG with an interesting story and setting and yet they simply had to put dwarves underground and in a city that resembles Ironforge even more than Orzammar does. Why couldn't they simply put dwarves on a mountain, the city itself being outside and somewhere in it would be an entrance to dwarven mines, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
try playing Braid, World of Goo, The Void, Machinarium, Defcon, Darwinia, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, or Crayon Physics Deluxe.
Played Machinarium and it was awesome. What amazed me the most was that it was done completely in Flash.

Quote:
QFT

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #43
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
It looks awesome - ..but in my opinion that price is ridiculous, and on top of that u have to pay for the dlc's?? my god EA are certainly fightin the recession.. It's ridiculous, you are spending near enough £100 or $100 on the one game..:S

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #44
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
It looks awesome - ..but in my opinion that price is ridiculous, and on top of that u have to pay for the dlc's??
Not really ridiculous. £20-25 has always been the going rate for expansion packs.

And all the DLC except Soldier's Peak and Return to Ostagar are free (so long as you own an original copy), so it's not like they are screwing every penny out of people.

Of course, you can always vote with your wallet.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #45
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I may simply wait until the price drops which I'm sure it will do eventually. I've found the game to have enough replay value that dropping $40 on an expansion isn't that crucial right now.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #46
Laar_Dha
Rookie

Current Game: Skyrim
40 bucks for an expansion? No problem. Dragon Age has been worth every penny for me. Let's see $70 for the Collector's Edition - have played about 500 hours (so far) - pretty darn cheap for entertainment these days. Despite some of the gripes out there, I have had few problems either. Bugs have been few and for the most part minor. This is the first RPG since KOTOR that has managed to hold my attention so well. I'm still finding new things that I missed after several tours.

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #47
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
I would assume that a lot of fantasy worlds/games have the same repeating elements (with a twist here or there) for the simple reason that it works and it is what most people would expect, and are somewhat familiar with.

Not everyone plays games like a movie critic, demanding something revolutionary from every one to get excited. Different does not always equal Good, and neither does Familiar equal Bad. Some people just play games to have fun, and how original the story or setting happens to be is likely not as much key factor in deciding the Fun as how good the gameplay, execution and storytelling is.

Personally I don't mind if a game parrots something that has been done before as long as it is fun and entertaining to play. And I think that Ðragon Age is just that. Sure it has dwarves, elves, dragons and magic in a medieval setting, but so what? It works.
QFE at 500%.

DA is just what I need right now. When I get back home after work, I am looking for something that is just plain fun and that allows me to change my mind without too much thinking: DA meets all my expectations in that regard.

In comparison, MoTB, despite its good story, made gaming after the end of a long work day a real pain due to its Greek tragedy aftertaste (and maybe the horrible camera controls too).

I admit that when I watch a movie I am much more difficult but a movie doesn't last 60-100 hours or so...

As for those complaining about the price of the expansion...per hour of gameplay it is not so bad...especially when compared to the price of a movie in a theater!
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #48
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
lol dwarfs

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #49
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Then look at Planescape: Torment. It was much deeper than Dragon Age and managed to be not only original and fantastical, but also touched upon metaphysical and philosophical topics. Fallout is also a good example - in a genre dominated by elves and dwarves, Fallout not only successfully shifted setting to a believable post-apocalyptic world, but created a trademark presentation style.
Late to reply
I haven't fully played these games, so I'll take your word on it that their dang good and beat Bioware games on every part!

Quote:
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - sure vampires aren't original, but they're great to play in an FPRPG because a complex world of vampire politics hasn't been done before. Before it, Troika also took an excellent spin on the high fantasy genre by fusing Steampunk with it to create an amazing world of Victorian language, flintlock pistol-weilding elves, airships and orcish fighter pilots.
Played Vampire: the setting was, still is pretty unique, most other vampire games out there are more or less a rip off of White Wolfs setting.
THough, the game main focus is this old ancient coffin... made believe.
But still a great deal of the suspense is about this ANCIENT thing.... So
originale for a 100% ? Not really.

Can't comment on the Steampunk game, it's only these last years this genre seems to be popping up everywhere. You should look up Warmachine, a fun miniature game. Which combines magic and steam engine driven robots

Quote:
KotOR II - an uncertain, dark tale that evaded conventional RPG storytelling. It not only managed to be original on its own, but brought that freshness to an increasingly tired world of Star Wars. Kreia alone is one of the most original and interesting characters in video games.
I love KotorII, but it's still collect 4 things at the basis of its story. Ofcourse they did a nice job on it

Quote:
Portal. I don't even need to expound on it - a (what appears to be) sentient, malfunctioning robot runs twisted mental tests on a test subject who is presumably a prisoner in the facility. The sheer character of GLADoS is original, as is Portal's gameplay and sense of humour.
Portal is fun, but in all its a puzzle game, relying on the gimmick of creating 2 portals. Sure there's a whole world and story bit build around it... but that's like for most games

Quote:
POKEMON. One of the most phenomenally creative game designs I can think of. An alternate world inhabited by magical creatures who can be trapped in small devices and then be used partly as pets, partly as cocks in cockfighting tournaments. No epic quests, no dragons, no elves or dwarves, and yet all RPG.
Okay, the setting is unique and played most games, but in the end it doesn't play much differant then most Asian RPGs. YOu walk about, get randome encounters. Its turn based etc.

Story? Not so much, but the fun is in collecting and leveling your creatures.

Quote:
It's really not that hard. Or at least, it isn't as hard as Dragon Age seemingly makes it out to be. What does Dragon Age bring to the table? Blood? "An epic world with its own people and languages populated by different races"? Dragons? Moral choices?

See, Sabre, Bioware doesn't seem to be doing much orginale with its games. But infact most games aren't what you that originale from the get go.

Why do I enjoy Bio games? Most of them are always nicely done, its a full package. Its a finished job, it plays smoothly and I get fun out of it. I also know what I'll get from them. Perhaps in your view that's the bad part.

You know what they do and they don't seem to change that.

Anyway, I just don't think all this Bio bashing has much basis on what some of you throw out there. Settings aside, most games offer the same.

Oh, I don't find the list you posted was games I hate, I enjoyed most of them. And their certainly games to be considered TOP of the bill

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #50
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I dont know what it is with this game...

I deinstalled it for Mass Effect 2, after only 1 playthrough. Don't know.
Back to WoW

Anyway, expansion looks good. Maybe my first playthrough epic warrior can go and do some damage there.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #51
Rake
Rookie

Well they posted the FAQ a few days back and some of the things that irked me:
1) No new romances and past romances not continued in expansion
2) DLC items and promotional items won't import into Awakenings
3) If you used any mods, your character may not import
Rake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #52
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
Stupid, but not unexpected. Bioware does seem to have the very weird "Here are the modding tools, but please don't use them to mod the game" policy when it comes to Ðragon Age modding. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless the expansion has the same irritating protection scheme as the DLC someone will probably release a mod to fix that problem eventually.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #53
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
2) DLC items and promotional items won't import into Awakenings
dude wtf?!? as for the mods - they had a huge thing about the moddin tool, made little showoff vids for it and everythin - then they say if u use it ur not playin their expansion?? what the hell??
and the DLC thing is just plain dumb.:O

Old 02-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #54
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Kind of makes sense - if you had a hair mod for your character, or used some bizarre mod to give you all skills or something, it might confuse the game into insanity unless you specifically tweak it to support all those changes.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #55
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
^^
but some of the hair mods are epically better than the standard hair offerings

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #56
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Actually hair mods should pose no problem at all. The problem will be with things that require 2DA files because of the retarded way they have dealt with them. They should have just bought TSLPatcher off stoffe and bundled a revised version of it into the toolset.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #57
Rake
Rookie

Darth, think HDtextures and a dexterity hotfix will cause any problems?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #58
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
^^
but some of the hair mods are epically better than the standard hair offerings
Couldn't agree more, but I honestly find myself ignoring the hair in favour of... other great things the DA mod community has created.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #59
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Darth, think HDtextures and a dexterity hotfix will cause any problems?
Texture mods should be fine. The dexterity fix may well end up broken, but I was under the impression that it was already superseded by the last official patch anyway.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #60
Rake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Texture mods should be fine. The dexterity fix may well end up broken, but I was under the impression that it was already superseded by the last official patch anyway.
Hmmm... well I just started a new character and I want to make sure this guy is importable. The only mod that I really want to use is character respecialization, think that one would render the character invalid come Awakenings?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:31 AM   #61
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Doubt it. Respecing shouldn't actually change anything, it just lets you redistribute all your points/skills/talents.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #62
Kyvios
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
I liked Origins, but I may hold off on getting Awakening or at least hold off on playing it until the Return to Ostagar dlc is released on the PS3.

I liked the story mostly, but then again i'm a sucker for anything that thrusts your character and a small group of friends in to odds that they surely can't win against only to come out victorious in the long run.

Kyvios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #63
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
I really do hope that those levels aren't similar to the deep roads. I found the deep roads portion of the game horrifically boring. I loved most of the game though.

Although I suppose it makes sense depending on the extent of the mods used, it's a pity you won't be able to import a character from a modded game. SpaceAlex's improved atmosphere mod, for instance, makes the game even greater than it already was. I guess I'll either have to do another vanilla run, or perhaps just use the new Orlesian guy.

--Too Dumb to Quit--

Last edited by Liverandbacon; 03-16-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #64
rebel5555
Lurker

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I just got DA Origins Awakening, and I must say I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
rebel5555 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #65
Revan 411
Forumite

The Expansion Pack is released!

I actually finished Vigil's Keep last night. And now, I'm at the Amaranthine city. Its a good expansion pack so far, but one thing that bugs me is the lack of companion talk. In Dragon Age, (the original) you had the choice of talking to your companions; both in the party camp and outside of it. In Awakening, you can barely talk to them at all. Even at the Keep. They only speak to you if a important event (such as their personal quest) happens.

I understand the Dark-Spawn insurgent being serious and all, but come on, you can't stop for a tiny minute to speak with your companions? I'd just like know them a little better, that's all.

Anyway, the game is well done considering the fact that its an expansion pack. I haven't played the original game in about three months (been busy with Mass Effect 2) but I can tell that Awakening will keep me busy until the Hover-tank DLC for Mass Effect 2 is out.

To summarize this post; If you haven't played Awakening yet, now is the time to do so.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #66
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
To summarize this post; If you haven't played Awakening yet, now is the time to do so.
I would if I could (got it pre-ordered), but as usual the developers seem to need an extra 3 days to translate the game from American to English. It's not released in Europe until on Thursday.

Everyone please remember to use [hidden] or [spoiler] tags on anything in this thread concerning the story for now.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #67
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
I would if I could (got it pre-ordered), but as usual the developers seem to need an extra 3 days to translate the game from American to English. It's not released in Europe until on Thursday.
Yes...very irritating. Looks like we'll have to stay away from the official forums for a few days yet!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #68
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
one thing that bugs me is the lack of companion talk. In Dragon Age, (the original) you had the choice of talking to your companions; both in the party camp and outside of it. In Awakening, you can barely talk to them at all. Even at the Keep. They only speak to you if a important event (such as their personal quest) happens.

I understand the Dark-Spawn insurgent being serious and all, but come on, you can't stop for a tiny minute to speak with your companions? I'd just like know them a little better, that's all.
So it's like an entire party of Zaeeds? That's a pity. I'd have preferred fewer, but better realized, party members to non-interactive ones.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #69
Rake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
So it's like an entire party of Zaeeds? That's a pity. I'd have preferred fewer, but better realized, party members to non-interactive ones.
Anyone have some non-spoilery impressions? I'm holding off on purchasing it because of some hearsay that the game feels rushed and disjointed; the change in companion philosophy doesn't help much either.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #70
Web Rider

The companions are certainly, quieter, especially when you should be able to get some info out of them. However, there is some more intractability with them and landscapes, which is nice, all those "landmark tree"s are finally useful for something. If you speed through the game, you're liable to miss some neat tidbits.

However, the characters haven't proven to be very deep, and considering that I accomplished two personal quests in the span of 3 hours? It's lending me to the impression that the game is very small. Sure, lots of side-quests, but that really makes it feel like Stage III of Neverwinter Nights 2.

So far it's been enjoyable, and talking darkspawn is a HELLAVA lot more fun than endless hordes.

And yes, I too would love to have a desire demon for a companion....thank goodness for cheats!

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #71
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
I'm playing Awakening now, exported my previous character. It's bloody good fun.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #72
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Been playing Awakening for a couple of days now and it's been overall fun so far with lots of new skills and abilities to play around with. But it seems like it could have done with a few weeks more quality assurance before being released.

Anyone else experiencing problems with their player rogue being utterly unable to detect any traps in ÐA:Awakening? My character has better stats, more trap skills and abilities than Nathaniel and is still unable to detect a single trap, while he can detect them as normal.

The game also seems a lot more unstable and prone to crashing that it was with just Origins installed.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #73
Revan 411
Forumite

I haven't had any crashing problems with Awakening so far. And as for your Rogue thing, I can't say much seeing how I haven't imported my Rogue character yet. (Only imported my warrior dude.)

But Awakening does feel a bit... disjointed. The companions have the potential to be interesting folks, but the potential isn't executed properly and the companion members suffer from it. Thus, causing them to be uninteresting to say the least. Also, the environments in Awakening are simply rehashes of the original game. And when I say ''rehash'' I mean that the environments doesn't present anything new or anything we haven't really seen before. But there are a few detailed scenery and a couple of interesting dungeons.

My biggest gripe, however, is not the less interesting companions, but the Dwarven city of Kal'Hirol. Its exactly the same as the Deep Roads. Meaning that it continues the tradition of repetitive Dark-Spawn killing with no ends or breaks. The only difference now is that it contains more cut-scenes and is a whole lot shorter. Which is the only good part when you think about it.

Overall though, the Expansion Pack has flaws, but is enjoyable nonetheless. I haven't finished the Blackmarsh yet, but as Awakening continues, it gets better and hopefully the ending will be as exciting as the original Dragon Age.

Last edited by Revan 411; 03-19-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #74
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
It's crashed four times on me today...

And yeah stoffe, I've noticed the Rogue trap thing. Annoying.

It's a fun enough expansion, so far, but in my opinion it all seems to come to a head a bit abrubtly. Or maybe I was unconsciously rushing it.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #75
Revan 411
Forumite

Just finished Awakening.

Show spoiler

In my opinion, the ending was disappointing. Some aspects of the expansion pack were good, and even enjoyable, but some weren't. The ending was definitely a ''weren't'' one. Its a huge let-down and its completely anti-climatic. I'll even go as far as to say that it ruined half the experience for me.

Lets hope future Dragon Age installments are better and worth the time investment.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #76
Web Rider

Quote:
*spoiler*
Oh man, so it IS just like Neverwinter's castle-building aspect. Jeeze.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #77
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Bought it last night - and finished today.

Good story and setup. I wish we saw more of alistair however. I think the expansion lacked party immersion..you spoke to people like Velanna rarely..
Oghren was quite funny, as always, was nice to have him aboard like old times :P

The length of it was pretty decent, for an expansion pack. A nice range of enemies - like The Architect and The Mother. My 2 faves though was the Baroness and the talking darkspawn. The children were a great enemy, but grew irritating a lot due to large numbers..

The Mother was a good challenge encounter, I downed her on my second try with 2 mages and 2 melee.

VERY VERY early in, all of my squad, except my PC died. I was also out of lyrium potions so was limited to my spells. I had a gr8 staff that cost me 117g but was worth it. I attacked the mother as normal and when the children ambushed me I used the tempest aoe spell on them each time - and survived this ambush twice - until i found a lyrium potion on one of their corpses. So I revived Nathaniel and Velanna and then fought the mother for 2 minutes then revived Oghren, who then got the killing blow on the mother. Expansion complete :P

I felt pretty epic doing the above. I completely turned the situation around when the mother had all but won. I <3 my mage..:P

Overall 9/10. I actually think some of it was visually better than the normal game - i mean model-wise. The Baroness looked really badass - a great boss fight.
BioWare have done a really good job on this, and I look forward to the next thing they do, be it DLC, Expansion or Sequel

Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #78
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

sorry for double post but wanted to bump this thread to see if som1 can answer my question.

if anyone has come across starfang - the weapon made of starmetal - does anyone know if it passes into awakening? coz it is an awesome sword - better than marics from return to ostagar.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #79
Laar_Dha
Rookie

Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
sorry for double post but wanted to bump this thread to see if som1 can answer my question.

if anyone has come across starfang - the weapon made of starmetal - does anyone know if it passes into awakening? coz it is an awesome sword - better than marics from return to ostagar.

You might want to try this mod: DLC in Awakening and Awakening Fixes

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, as my computer has been having seizures for a week and I haven't managed to get Awakenings installed.

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #80
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:

Only DLC items from Return to Ostagar will transfer normally, apparently this is by design but it's still annoying. Especially since you end up naked and unarmed if you had DLC gear equipped in the savegame you import. You can work around it by copying the module resources for the addins to the core scope override folder for that addin instead. There are mods that do this for you as well.

This will cause a few anomalies though, since some of the 2DA file line IDs used by the DLCs will override the new data in the expansion pack that uses the same line ID. This will for example make the fancy sword Master Wade can make for you have Starfang's model instead of the proper one. Wearing DLC gear can also cause an inventory glitch in the Silverite Mines in Wending Wood, resulting in the loss of your gear unless you unequip them before entering.

Only reason to keep DLC items from Origins in Awakening is fashion sense anyway. You will find better gear in Awakening than anything the DLCs provide.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dragon Age: Awakening Expansion