lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: intro and a few questions and totally went off topic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
knockhimout
Lurker

intro and a few questions and totally went off topic

i love j.r.r. tolkien. i love the lord of the rings. i love indiana jones. i like star wars and enjoy the games.

nice guy, you say? wrong (i hope). i also play football and wrestling. live for football, enjoy wrestling. just look at my username. unless its a reasonable argument, i don't like anyone contradicting me. i am ready to return flaming with moderated and mildly virulent comments.

got a couple questions before i get into the community:

how would you compare battlefront I and II to other games? lousy, bad, okay, good, super good? best? basically, how are the graphics, variety, intensity, and epic quality?

second--how do you change your avatar, and are there sigs on this forum? i see the tags, but i dont know if theyre the same thing.

third--are you hostile to newbies? ive seen some hostility before. well good if you are, great if you arent. i'll prove that newbies ain't idiots.

thats it. looking forward to joining.
knockhimout is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockhimout View Post
i am ready to return flaming with moderated and mildly virulent comments.
I would advise against that

Quote:
how would you compare battlefront I and II to other games? lousy, bad, okay, good, super good? best? basically, how are the graphics, variety, intensity, and epic quality?
The engine is a decade old, its got a number of glitches, the AI lacks the I in its name, a lot of the online community is nothing more than 14 year olds who could use a self esteem boost but other than that its pretty fun
Quote:
second--how do you change your avatar, and are there sigs on this forum? i see the tags, but i dont know if theyre the same thing.
go to user CP at the top, theres a menu on the left of that screen and one thing is about your avatar, another about your sig
Quote:
third--are you hostile to newbies? ive seen some hostility before. well good if you are, great if you arent. i'll prove that newbies ain't idiots.
Only to the idiots, and we're hostile to them until they leave. Which they all do eventually. As long as your not an idiot and avoid idiot actions like bumping old topics, posting in the wrong place, posting useless comments, using poor grammar and spelling or making topics about stuff theres already topics about you'll do fine.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Only to the idiots, and we're hostile to them until they leave. Which they all do eventually. As long as your not an idiot and avoid idiot actions like bumping old topics, posting in the wrong place, posting useless comments, using poor grammar and spelling or making topics about stuff theres already topics about you'll do fine.
Or making Sigs that take up half a page.
They're not cool in the slightest.

jawahowmuchihavemissedyou.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
knockhimout
Lurker

okay got it. i wont be an idiot. my punctuation is good if i so wish it, but i dont wish it on posts because it takes time.

thanks for the info about battlefront. fortunately, AI is not my priority, and i can take glitches.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Or making Sigs that take up half a page.
They're not cool in the slightest.

jawahowmuchihavemissedyou.
A bigger question is how much have I missed you, other than the random post by machinecult and redtech and the mods yelling at me sometimes its like everyone who was awesome a while ago completely evaporated from these boards.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Ha, mods. I'd be embarrassed to do it this site and be associated with the ones we have...

I see MC on MSN every once in a blue moon, always forget to say something though.
Sadly, looking at these boards it's about on par with RC nowadays

Hell, even Ahto is a lamefest as i've noticed the past few days.

2005 crew ftw

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Maybe if LucasArts knew what they were doing, they'd hurry up and release Battlefront 3 already...
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
knockhimout
Lurker

really looking forward to playing the battlefront games, but i think i'll wait to buy any until battlefront 3 comes out. hope its got dmm and euphoria.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" Indiana Jones

"That's for Frodo, that's for the Shire! And that's for my old gaffer!" Samwise Gamgee
Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
BOOM!
Lurker

Current Game: SWB2
question to anyone who can anwser this seriously ,,,,does anyone know what happened to the {MOH} clan in SWB2 im a former mem and i just need to know what happened to the homepage and i need an update of what i missed in the clan while i was away.
BOOM! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Community > The Sliced TaunTaun > intro and a few questions and totally went off topic