lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dragon Age 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #281
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
You know, that comment makes no sense whatsoever... If im unsure if i like a game or not i usually download the demo to see if its any good. You can always delete the demo after you play it.
As I've said before, I already dislike it, and that may be unfairly prejudiced because I haven't played it, but not only does it look awful, everything they've taken out of this 'sequel' is what I liked so much about Origins...

And seeing as my crappy connection means I won't be able to use the internet for three hours while I download the demo, I'd rather spend those three hours of internet time doing something more interesting.

Sorry if that 'doesn't make sense'.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #282
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
As I've said before, I already dislike it, and that may be unfairly prejudiced because I haven't played it, but not only does it look awful, everything they've taken out of this 'sequel' is what I liked so much about Origins...

And seeing as my crappy connection means I won't be able to use the internet for three hours while I download the demo, I'd rather spend those three hours of internet time doing something more interesting.

Sorry if that 'doesn't make sense'.
As you are not very enthusiastic about it you could perhaps download in while you sleep?

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #283
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Perhaps Astor's monthly internet subscription isn't flatrate - the amount of data he can download might be limited - so I can understand not wanting to waste it on something he isn't thrilled about.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #284
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Indeed. Not all of us live in the land of milk and honey. Some of us get saddled with quotas.

I just finished a run through of the demo. Runs like absolute crap, as has been noted on the official forums. Here's my 2c:

Despite claims to the contrary by devs, the dialogue wheel is as retarded as ME's in that it bears little to no relation to what you actually end up saying. I think the first mod I make will be to replace all the speech "tone" icons with question marks - seems much more appropriate.

The interface is freaking terrible. Can't believe they actually went with that. It always just looked like a placeholder. It must have been designed by the same guy that makes their websites. I had all sorts of issues with buttons not registering clicks properly.

The combat is pretty bleh. Too "actiony" for the style of RPG Origins was, but too clunky for the mass-market hack n' slash they obviously want it to be.

The camera is a PITA. I have no idea why they would take out the isometric viewpoint for the PC.
DarthParametric is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #285
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post

The combat is pretty bleh. Too "actiony" for the style of RPG Origins was, but too clunky for the mass-market hack n' slash they obviously want it to be.
Exactly my thoughts, it looks like a hack and slash... but it isn't really, it's just mess ,if they are going to do that, at least let me config my gamepad instead of dealing with clunky mouse controls... Major screw-up.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #286
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Having now played both 360 and PC version of the demo, I definitely prefer the PC version. I guess I'm just used to it, and I don't like all the radial menus in the 360 version.

As for the dialogue wheel, I personally prefer the wheel rather than lines of text. It's more of a cinematic experience for me. What's the point of voicing the main character if he/she is going to repeat the line of dialogue you just read and selected.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #287
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The point of repeating lines is debatable, but my personal preference is for no PC voiceover at all. Especially in a case like DA2 where it comes at the expense of greater choice. If I wanted a "cinematic" experience I'd go to a cinema. I want a game, not a movie.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #288
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Well, that demo pretty much confirmed my worries (And added new ones: Hi boobmonster Flemeth! Hi magic teleporting rogues!). The Witcher 2's going to be my next RPG purchase. If I get DA2 at all, it's not going to be until it's cheaper.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #289
Rake
Rookie

I actually really enjoyed the demo (as a warrior anyway). The warrior animations were great, and to me, the combat feels much improved (it's hard for me to replay DA:O because the combat is such a snoozfest). However, the rogue animations were way too awkward and it seems like mage spell animations got a downgrade (they are all pretty dull).

I'm a little bit upset that the dialogue wheel is basically: Good guy, sarcastic guy, and jerk guy, but whatever, the dialogue was still pretty good.

The graphics look horrible in the screenshots, but I really liked them while playing, the animations and textures look a lot better than Origins and I'm actually warming up to the artstyle. The demo was only programmed for medium and low settings so very high should look nice. The environment was bland, but that was just the starting area, and I don't expect the rest of the game to look like that.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, to me, it looks, feels, and plays like a Dragon Age sequel, the combat is the same but just feels better and the cinematic are much improved; now let's just hope for a good story and some import impact. The game was really reminiscent of KOTOR for me, I can't put my finger on it, but the feeling was just there...
Rake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #290
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Alright as a self-confessed BioWare Fanboy it may shock some of you that I was thinking about skipping DA2. However after reading my fellow members reviews like ME2 (like that is a bad thing) I decided to give the Demo a try. Like the combat, like the graphs, like the dialogue wheel…. My only fault with it is…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Downloaded PC demo, I miss the isometric camera already
My neck already hurts from playing the demo…

I'm getting it, but I hope you can zoom out a little further on the regular game..

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #291
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I hope you can zoom out a little further on the regular game..
Nope. What was in the demo is what you get in the full game.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 AM   #292
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
Perhaps Astor's monthly internet subscription isn't flatrate - the amount of data he can download might be limited - so I can understand not wanting to waste it on something he isn't thrilled about.
Didnt think of that.

As for the demo, i played it for about an hour and then the freaking piece of s**t decided to crash... I didnt miss the isometric camera, as i only use it to target AOEs and such in DAO, but the "new" dialogue system was stupid as hell, and combat was a total mess with all the jumping around, and wtf, all attacks automatically hit? Thats so freaking lame. Also the configuration tool set all the graphics as low as possible, and when i decided to see if the game lags badly with high graphics it actually started running much more smoothly O,o I kept an open mind throughout the demo but I came to the conclusion that its nowhere near as good as DAO is, and DAO isnt even close to an "amazing" game. I´ll probably wait til this one costs 15 e before getting it, and instead play STALKER Call of Pripyat next, and then finally get into the world of the Witcher.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #293
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The attacks all hit, but apparently they now have some "glancing blow" system where attacks do less damage instead of missing altogether.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #294
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Wow, just checked back on the DA Demo site, and we just past 790.000 DLs on the demo.

I think the 1 million mark will be hit be the end of the week, at the latest.

Edit: Holy Crap, just checked back on Biowares DA site and the DLs of the Demo is about to pass 810.000.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.

Last edited by Darth Payne; 02-24-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #295
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
The attacks all hit, but apparently they now have some "glancing blow" system where attacks do less damage instead of missing altogether.
Yep, noticed that and didnt like it.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #296
Rake
Rookie

I personally never used the isometric camera in DA:O and hated it in NWN2; it just strains my eyes and is uncomfortable to look straight at the ground. It's probably because I'm not used to that view (having not played the old isometric games). I would rather see what's ahead of me then have a limited top-down view.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #297
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Question time, which class do you think your first playthrough of DA 2 will be?

Warrior?
Mage?
Rogue?

Due to the first trailers i'm leaning heavily towards Mage, second is almost guarranteed to be Warrior.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #298
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
I'm thinking of trying a mage the first time out, seeing that seems to be what is heavily hinted at in the trailers (and I played everything but Mage quite frequently last time). I haven;t played the demo yet - might on Sunday (there's no way in hell my connection could withstand a 2GB download at any thime of the day or night). After that maybe a rogue.

Honestly I'm surprised the download number has continued to go up - I honestly thought after Tuesday's 400000 odd that'd be the biggest proportion. But I suppose the XBox silver thingy people still haven't got it yet...

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #299
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Question time, which class do you think your first playthrough of DA 2 will be?
Female Rogue, that was my favorite character in DA if you add city elf to it, can’t stay with the elf part, but I’ll stick with female Rogue.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #300
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
Not sure, in DA I always played a mage because becoming imersed is slightly easier if you spend 90% of the time controling your PC. Might be a bit more dificult now as it seems like at least the rogue is going to benefit as much from active management as the mage. Guess it'll depend on which companions I end up liking.

Checking out seems not to do much.
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #301
igyman
Tension!

After trying all three classes in the demo, I'll definitely continue to traditionally play it as a warrior for the first time. The second time, if the game proves interesting enough to play a second time, I'll probably go as a mage.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #302
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Well, guys and galls, it would seem that we've passed the 1 million mark.

Just a moment ago i noticed that the download total was 1.137.841.

Last edited by Darth Payne; 02-25-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Download numbers increased
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #303
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
I am a bit puzzled by this demo. Usually the point of a demo is to impress people into buying the full thing. The purpose of the ÐA2 demo seems to be to make people consider if they should cancel their pre-order.

My impressions:

The environment was extremely dreary. It's like a picture-perfect copy of Post-Searing Ascalon in Guild Wars, a brown/orange barren wasteland complete with the Great Northern Wall looming in the distance. I don't remember seeing any landscape looking even remotely like that around Lothering in ÐA:Origins.

You proceed along a straight railroad track with not even the illusion of choice in where to go, being assailed by the same lot of darkspawn over and over and over and over, where fights take forever since you deal practically no damage whatsoever with your attacks and got too few skills with too long recharge to get to use them much..

And that's about as far as I got, since some idiot thought that an Ogre and 10+ darkspawn was an appropriate encounter for a party of 3 level 3-4 characters whose only healer just got killed off in a cutscene out of the blue.

Maybe gets better after that, I don't know, but I'll never get to experience it. As far as I'm concerned the demo ends with Hawke's gruesome death by that darkspawn group, since the demo has no difficulty setting. Some legend.

And since you can't save you need to start all over just to try again. Maybe I got (repeatedly) unlucky, maybe I'm not supposed to play as a mage since they're traditionally weak as crap in their early levels. Maybe it's something else, but I can't get past that particular group.

To say I'm underwhelmed by the demo would be to put it gently.

At least on the plus side I encountered no slowdowns or crashes during the short time I got to play before the tragic end of the saga.

Quote:
Hmm... either they've dropped the "never misses" attribute of staff attacks from ÐA:Origins, or they do so little damage to begin with that I couldn't notice any difference. Had to attack a standard darkspawn grunt 20+ times to take them down.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #304
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Well stoffe, i had the same problems when playing as a warrior for the first time in this demo.

Thing is, when i played as a mage for the first time i figured out a cowardly trick to getting through the first area.

Run around that like a chicken with its head cut off while my powers re-charged, i also used some of the health potions i found in the loot to heal my party members when i could, i also made sure that i had the healing spell.

This way i threw fireballs when ever i could, and made sure to heal myself and my party members whenever it was needed.

Truthfully, i found the mage playthrough the easiest of them all.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #305
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I found the Mage playthrough the easiest of the 3 classes to be honest. As with Origins, it looks like they will be omnipotent by mid-game.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #306
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Ok, something weird has happened.

When i dropped by the DA site a moment ago the demo DL total had dropped from 1.2 million to 780.257.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #307
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
When i dropped by the DA site a moment ago the demo DL total had dropped from 1.2 million to 780.257.
Unhappy people are returning the demo...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #308
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

You can return the demo?

Btw, did anyone else see that 30 minute clipp on gamespot? Quite a bit of game play shown in that one.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #309
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
I gave the demo one last chance, this time as a warrior. Turned out to be a lot easier than going as a mage. Nobody on the party even died this time in that hopeless Ogre fight that repeatedly wiped the floor with my mage.

I think they should put a warning label on the mage choice so people who suck at combat won't pick it and get their faces so thoroughly rubbed in the dirt that they give up on the game even before it's released.

The rest of the demo was more fun once getting past that annoyance. Looks like my pre-order is safe, for now. Though I don't like that your party members get chosen for you depending on what your profession is.

Quote:
That, or Bioware didn't expect people to actually meet the threshold so the promised DLC in question didn't actually exist. So they had to dial down the numbers again. Conspiracy. :¬:

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #310
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
I don't like that your party members get chosen for you depending on what your profession is.
Indeed, I hate that as well. Just like the Mira/Hanharr thing in TSL. I would imagine that, should DA2 script modding eventually prove to be feasible, that just like TSL we'll see some sort of choice mod emerge.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #311
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
If only that were possible.

Quote:
My impressions:

The environment was extremely dreary. It's like a picture-perfect copy of Post-Searing Ascalon in Guild Wars, a brown/orange barren wasteland complete with the Great Northern Wall looming in the distance. I don't remember seeing any landscape looking even remotely like that around Lothering in ĐA:Origins.
Well, in their defense, the thing in the distance is the Imperial highway, but seeing how it appears in the Lothering area in Origins and in DA2 Hawke is supposed to be fleeing away from Lothering, it makes me wonder why is he persistently going towards it?!

Quote:
You proceed along a straight railroad track with not even the illusion of choice in where to go, being assailed by the same lot of darkspawn over and over and over and over
Definitely agree with you there. And I also stand by my opinion that the new Darkspawn design is horrible. They look ridiculous with no resemblance whatsoever to their original design (with the exception of the ogre, which looks slightly less ridiculous than the rest).

Quote:
And since you can't save you need to start all over just to try again. Maybe I got (repeatedly) unlucky, maybe I'm not supposed to play as a mage since they're traditionally weak as crap in their early levels. Maybe it's something else, but I can't get past that particular group.
Strange. I died once or twice while fighting the ogre, but the game continued at that point - at the ogre fight. I didn't need to replay the demo from the start.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #312
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Ok, something weird has happened.

According to BioWare's Fernando Melo there are a number of "enterprising" people spamming the download stats and BioWare are making manual corrections to the counter to remove the duplicate downloads that originally got counted.

I didn't have too much trouble with the demo once I found out I needed to download and install DirectX from Microsoft since the version of DirectX the demo prompted me to install apparently wouldn't allow the demo to run.

The demo's gameplay did feel much like Dragon Age: Origins to me only much faster and I used the pause function quite liberally. I have to agree with those that felt the Escape from Lothering portion was rather dull in its scorched earth appearance but it didn't bother me too much. I generally felt this was supposed to evoke the blight's effects on the land itself.
spoiler:
I was disappointed with Hawke's seeming lack of concern for the death of his sibling at the hands of that dastardly ogre.
Hawke: "Yes Mother. Bethany/Carver is dead as a doornail. Can we go now?" Ugh.
My sense of things is that the templar/mage conflict will play a significant, if not central, role in Dragon Age 2 so I anticipate the story requiring one surviving member of the Hawke family to be a magic user will bring that conflict into focus as the DA 2 story unfolds

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #313
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I can probably be counted as one of the spammers, i think.

I downloaded one demo for the 360(which i've played), and one demo for the PC(which i haven't tried yet).

And the Lothering country side probably became like it is in the demo during/before/after 'The Fall Of Lothering', and as we can never return to Lothering after its destruction in DA we can't say otherwise, can we?

Edit: The last line from Melos post makes me think we haven't seen the last of the DLCs.

Show spoiler

Last edited by Darth Payne; 02-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #314
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Played the demo for 360 (no way my PC could even hope to handle it) and I was pleasantly surprised.

I've only played as a mage so far and I was quite apprehensive about the combat being more "streamlined", but it works quite the same technically as DAO except it just looks cooler and well, more streamlined lolz

The story hasn't blown me away yet but it has me quite intrigued to go and get the game when it's release (or as soon as I can afford it)

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #315
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post

The demo's gameplay did feel much like Dragon Age: Origins to me only much faster and I used the pause function quite liberally. I have to agree with those that felt the Escape from Lothering portion was rather dull in its scorched earth appearance but it didn't bother me too much. I generally felt this was supposed to evoke the blight's effects on the land itself.
spoiler:
I was disappointed with Hawke's seeming lack of concern for the death of his sibling at the hands of that dastardly ogre.
Hawke: "Yes Mother. Bethany/Carver is dead as a doornail. Can we go now?" Ugh.
My sense of things is that the templar/mage conflict will play a significant, if not central, role in Dragon Age 2 so I anticipate the story requiring one surviving member of the Hawke family to be a magic user will bring that conflict into focus as the DA 2 story unfolds

I did start to get along with the gameplay better once i started pausing at every moment (which kills their intent in making it faster a bit), but the mouse clicking thing is just too clunky.

I wish they'd let me config the game for my controller, it's gotta be better than that.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #316
Rake
Rookie

So far reviews have praised the gameplay and the storyline, but have called the ending "unsatisfying." Also, it seems like the short development time made Bioware reuse a bunch of environments.

I swear, if this game ends at a cliffhanger to force me to buy DLC...
Old 02-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #317
Darth333
Administraterror

I just finished the demo. Played it once and uninstalled it. I loved the first game and was really looking forward for DA2 but now, I'm not too sure. I think I'll wait a little while and see before purchasing...

Quote:
The point of repeating lines is debatable, but my personal preference is for no PC voiceover at all. Especially in a case like DA2 where it comes at the expense of greater choice.
QFE. Besides, what's with the little speech icons? I didn't dislike the wheel in ME but it's far from being my favorite dialog system. After DA1, I was expecting more choices for this game and I find that the little speech icons are overly simplistic: do I want to be nice, bad or a jester? I prefer to chose an answer for its content rather than choosing an expression.

Combat felt like a "spam the attack button as much as you can" experience. I don't know if that's what they meant by "more streamlined"...

I also missed NPC interaction like in DA1. Now, NPCs have little to no reaction when I click on them Will they speak only in camp?

As for the bland environment well, it's just the beginning so I don't care much until I see the final product.

As for the performance, I have had no technical problems. It ran very smoothly on medium settings on my 3-4 yr old machine.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #318
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
Will they speak only in camp?
No they only speak on the Normanady between missions. This is one of my major complaints with this trend in BioWare games. We will most likely get some DLC party member that will not even talk in camp.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #319
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Just played the demo today. While I didn't find it uttery horrible and thus will not be canceling the preorder (certainly looks worth £25 ) just something makes it feel fundmentally different to Origins, I'm not quite sure what.

Like others, I wasn't mad on the Mass Effect 1/Awakenings style interaction. Fair enough it was only a very short demo and may have been added to keep major elements out (wouldn't bet on it of course), but it sent the wrong message. Darkspawn textures awful, Lothering simply bizarre, everything else alright on the available settings, near as I could reasonably see at breakneck speed. And damn their 'Spartan' (Halo or 300 certainly...neither of which is meant as a compliment) fighting style, I paused dozens of times, most often during
spoiler:
the second fight with that exceptionally ugly looking brute of an ogre when playing as a mage. I don't know that many 'Spartans' ran around in circles until their powers recharged. Although I don't think I'll play Mage first anymore - Carver's voice and general character just do not seem particularly interesting some way.

Did anyone else find the second stage scenario exceptionally easy? With upgraded weaponry (assuming) by that point, a higher setting may be needed...

Short: not bad, not so far better than Origins, but playable.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #320
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
Combat felt like a "spam the attack button as much as you can" experience. I don't know if that's what they meant by "more streamlined"...
It's designed to be played real-time on a console, button mashing using a controller. I guess that's more a case of appealing to the masses rather than streamlining per se. On the PC you have the auto-attack which should alleviate the need for a Diablo-eque click fest (I hope). Certainly at higher levels it would appear that cooldowns are fast enough that you can pretty much spam an endless chain of activated abilities and basically avoid using base attacks altogether. That sure seems like streamlining to me.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dragon Age 2