lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Is the SK in TFU2 a Clone?
Yes 12 48.00%
No 6 24.00%
Don't Know 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: To Clone or Not a Clone, that is the Question?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

Question To Clone or Not a Clone, that is the Question?

I've been reading through the threads, an there are some people who think SK may not have been cloned, an possibly made to think he was cloned, with Memories that belonged to the Supposed Original SK.

Great discussion point, even though we know the game isn't out yet, maybe we should start working with the Clues we do know about this Supposed Clone of SK.

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I'm in the "I don't know" department at the moment. There could be a chance LucasArts wants you to wonder that and you'll just have to play the game to find out.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I don't know...and I've decided that I just don't give a damn....it probably won't effect whether I play the game or not and I'll evaluate the whole story after I've done such.

LucasArts wants to play fast and loose with canon and goofy stories...fine, it's their franchise to ruin if they so choose. It's been going on since Phantom Menace came out, and I've decided to adopt an apathetic approach. (and yes before a fellow KOTOR player says it I know apathy is death) So there you have my 2 cents on the issue for what it's worth.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I have to agree, but my attitude changed after the PT TBH, when TCW was announced, but thats an old infected wound now that I wont bore you with, but yes, as long as they dont mess with 25,000-3,900 BBY, I don't care anymore. My days of only playing, reading, buying SW that fits into canon/my kinda Cool, are long gone, I just take what I can from it

So, I voted Don't know, Don't care... I just want non stylized graphics and a yellow lightsaber and I'm happy

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
hmm, i think LA wouldnt take it that far with cloning a jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Gamma097
Rookie

I voted yes. According to Wookieepedia (link), Galen's dead body, at the end of TFU was taken to Kamino and was cloned.

Join Carbonite Modders | Carbonite Modders Site | ARC Trooper Mod Updates
If you would like to voice a character in the ARC Trooper Mod, please send me a private message, and I'll see what I can do.
If you have any Mandalorian songs like Vode An, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, or Gra'tua Cuun on your MP3 or computer, paste this to your signature.
Gamma097 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
I'd say it's true. We saw Galen die so cloning is the only logical answer.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #9
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
I'm for 'don't know'. I smell a hint of retcon.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #10
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
I'd say it's true. We saw Galen die so cloning is the only logical answer.
Finally, someone has the same opinion that I do.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

He died in TFU and wasn't cloned

Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Then TFU2 is a myth.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Oxymoron anybody?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #14
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

Quote:
Interesting thought, i must admit, an i don't think it disqualifies the fact that this Starkiller or Galen Marek, can remember things of the past that are bought up, an might explain why he is also sent to Dagobah, to find out if he is really a clone or not, who else would know better than Yoda himself, even according to star wars canon, don't forget Anakin Skywalker also killed a Clone of Count Dooku as was recorded, an encountered the real one above Coruscant.

An Darth Vader would also know if he was really a clone or not, been looking at IMDB as well, an they seem to indicate that Palpatine may also be back in TFU2.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Oxymoron anybody?
Deafening silence? so when someone is dead and get resuscitated, thats an Oxymoron?

OT: I was talking about his death at the Hands of Vader halfway through TFU, he wasn't (to my knowledge) cloned then, why must he be cloned now? thats what I meant, not "dont like it so I pretendz it dont happen "

Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Deafening silence? so when someone is dead and get resuscitated, thats an Oxymoron?
That's NOT what you said. We're not mind readers where you were trying to go with it.

What you should have said was:

Quote:
He died in TFU, resurrected, and wasn't cloned
It would have been more clear to everyone.

Quote:
OT: I was talking about his death at the Hands of Vader halfway through TFU, he wasn't (to my knowledge) cloned then, why must he be cloned now? thats what I meant, not "dont like it so I pretendz it dont happen "
Hey, I agree with you on that possibility. Look at how Vader "killed" him right after defeating Shaak Ti. He impaled him with his lightsaber. That alone was enough to kill Qui-Gon Jinn. Then he threw him around the room and eventually into outer space. I don't know about you, but you shouldn't be able to bring someone back to life from that. But Vader had it done.

So it isn't a stretch that Vader messed with his mind to make him think he was a clone even though he still subconsciously remembers Juno.

Again, I think it's one of those things that could go either way.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:

Hey, I agree with you on that possibility. Look at how Vader "killed" him right after defeating Shaak Ti. He impaled him with his lightsaber. That alone was enough to kill Qui-Gon Jinn. Then he threw him around the room and eventually into outer space. I don't know about you, but you shouldn't be able to bring someone back to life from that. But Vader had it done.
Thats what part I meant (note to self, Shorthand doesn't work on t'internet )

Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #18
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

well, what if the TFU2 starkiller is the original?

Quote:

Quote:
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
Old 05-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #19
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
well, what if the TFU2 starkiller is the original?
Thats what we are hoping the Twist will be... Its been said he is a Clone, but its kinda Poo, we are speculating on whether its just a plot twist.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #20
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Does this awnser your question http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...e_Unleashed_II
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #21
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
This is (imo) a bad move.

Because it shows LA is ready to do EVERYTHING for money. The genie is out of the bottle, so to speak.
What will hold them back to create a boss in TFU2 that is a clone made of Revans DNA material? The holo droid was at least a plausible explanation for having famous characters around.
Cloning, imo, isn't. It means you can drag any amount of characters from every time period into a game.

I had hoped this would have been the original Starkiller. It could have easily been explained that he was comatose or that Palpatine deliberately created the illusion for Juno and the rest that he was dead.

It's just...another standard bad fantasy element put into Star Wars.

To answer the thread question (d'oh):
I hope he is the original one. And they said he was a clone to hide the fact they tampered with his memory.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

about the wiki link, not ALL of it is accurate

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #23
Raz Agul
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
This is (imo) a bad move.

Because it shows LA is ready to do EVERYTHING for money. The genie is out of the bottle, so to speak.
What will hold them back to create a boss in TFU2 that is a clone made of Revans DNA material? The holo droid was at least a plausible explanation for having famous characters around.
Cloning, imo, isn't. It means you can drag any amount of characters from every time period into a game.

I had hoped this would have been the original Starkiller. It could have easily been explained that he was comatose or that Palpatine deliberately created the illusion for Juno and the rest that he was dead.

It's just...another standard bad fantasy element put into Star Wars.

To answer the thread question (d'oh):
I hope he is the original one. And they said he was a clone to hide the fact they tampered with his memory.
they never say he is acctually a clone. they say he is made to beleive he is a clone by Vadar!
Raz Agul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz Agul View Post
they never say he is acctually a clone. they say he is made to beleive he is a clone by Vadar!
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...=202783&page=2

Totally Agreed Raz, was thinking yesterday myself an came up of this anwser that Vader was against the Idea of Cloning Force Sensitives as you will see in the link above in the forum, an that it was mainly an Idea, that Palpatine tried to enforce, mainly because of wanting to become an Immortal Sith Lord

Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #25
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I sort of agree with the "Vader makes SK think he is a clone" because that sort of makes sense...But truefully I think we just need to wait and see more of what LA gives us.

Last edited by Rinku; 05-23-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #26
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
He's probably a clone.......unless there is an Illusive Man in the Star Wars Universe.......

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #27
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:

So it isn't a stretch that Vader messed with his mind to make him think he was a clone even though he still subconsciously remembers Juno.
This, I can live with. Sounds plausible.
It doesn't sound that 'forced' as the other options.
A visit to the clone facility's on Kamino, however, is a bit...overdone imo.
Cloning itself ain't bad. But to put so much attention on it...bah.

The way Dark Empire dealt with cloning is much more...subtle. As a plot device, not a plot itself.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #28
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
This, I can live with. Sounds plausible.
It doesn't sound that 'forced' as the other options.
A visit to the clone facility's on Kamino, however, is a bit...overdone imo.
Cloning itself ain't bad. But to put so much attention on it...bah.
It is possible that there were cloning attempts done or on the way on Kamino which could be the reason why Starkiller was there in the first place even though the original Starkiller is brainwashed into thinking he's a clone for Vader's (and probably Sidious') agenda.

The idea of the plot twist that he's actually the original Starkiller could make a pretty good story if done right. We'll have to see.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #29
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
It is possible that there were cloning attempts done or on the way on Kamino which could be the reason why Starkiller was there in the first place even though the original Starkiller is brainwashed into thinking he's a clone for Vader's (and probably Sidious') agenda.

The idea of the plot twist that he's actually the original Starkiller could make a pretty good story if done right. We'll have to see.
Well I guess that is still possible but LA put some pictures up of Starkiller in a cloning tank. I sure do hope your right, though... That isn't a 'great' story line by any means, but it's at least better than the one we think we're going to end up with.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #30
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
Well I guess that is still possible but LA put some pictures up of Starkiller in a cloning tank. I sure do hope your right, though... That isn't a 'great' story line by any means, but it's at least better than the one we think we're going to end up with.
Yeah, I just saw that today on the official site. It's looking less and less likely there would be twist that it's really Starkiller unless that cloning tank is a Bacta tank we're not aware of.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #31
Arannor

This might not be anything but I still want to point it out. On the new website with Marek in the clone tank, there are 3 mini-games which when all are completed reveal flash backs from the first game. According to the data recording found on the same page these are to be mind scans to determine Marek's movements.

At the end of the third flash back it shows Vader standing over Marek's body saying "He is dead."

My question is if Marek was dead how could he have flash backs of Vader confirming his death? Does this give evidence that Marek did not die?

Plus on the official site in the game info it states that Vader is attempting to clone his former apprentice to create the Ultimate Sith Warrior. Since Starkiller is referred to here as Vader's former apprentice, this may be evidence that he did die.

I guess it just adds more confusion...unless that's what LucasArts wants.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
there are 3 mini-games which when all are completed reveal flash backs from the first game. According to the data recording found on the same page these are to be mind scans to determine Marek's movements.
Holy cow, you're right. What's funny is I saw the clone tank thing and I seriously didn't think anything of it. But when looking around it since you brought it up, I played the games and played each movie from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
At the end of the third flash back it shows Vader standing over Marek's body saying "He is dead."

My question is if Marek was dead how could he have flash backs of Vader confirming his death? Does this give evidence that Marek did not die?
That's an interesting way to look at it. I think they're having fun trying to confuse the audience to get more people interested in the game.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #33
Arannor

Quote:
Holy cow, you're right. What's funny is I saw the clone tank thing and I seriously didn't think anything of it. But when looking around it since you brought it up, I played the games and played each movie from there.
For a minute there I thought you were being sarcastic

Quote:
That's an interesting way to look at it. I think they're having fun trying to confuse the audience to get more people interested in the game.
That's what I'm thinking. I know in the novel it details on his spirit leaving his body (or so I've heard, never read the whole thing), but the game came out after the book and it does not show this happening. Could they have left out that little detail from the game so they could change their minds about Marek being dead?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 AM   #34
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

I do find it interesting with the tank, you hear a Medical Droid around it, if your remember when looking at Episode 2, there were No Medical Droids seen near any cloning tanks, making me think, its actually a Bacta Tank, like Luke was seen in Episode 4 where you do see & hear a medical droid, another person bought up another good point of Starkiller,Galen Marek, in the video footage it showed of Darth Vader saying he is Dead to the Emperor, Dead, I don't think so, and starting to change my mind, that it could still be the Original Starkiller, they have yet to show any excerpts of the Novel of TFU2 or the Graphic Novel of it, starting to think, That StarKiller did exactly what Vader wanted him to do, Start the Rebellion, showing his Betrayal of His Master Palpatine, like any Sith should do. My Original answer in the Poll was I didn't know, an like anyone else who will investigate further of what lucasarts puts out for us.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #35
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSithLordAdas View Post
I do find it interesting with the tank, you hear a Medical Droid around it, if your remember when looking at Episode 2, there were No Medical Droids seen near any cloning tanks, making me think, its actually a Bacta Tank, like Luke was seen in Episode 4 where you do see & hear a medical droid, another person bought up another good point of Starkiller,Galen Marek, in the video footage it showed of Darth Vader saying he is Dead to the Emperor, Dead, I don't think so, and starting to change my mind, that it could still be the Original Starkiller, they have yet to show any excerpts of the Novel of TFU2 or the Graphic Novel of it, starting to think, That StarKiller did exactly what Vader wanted him to do, Start the Rebellion, showing his Betrayal of His Master Palpatine, like any Sith should do. My Original answer in the Poll was I didn't know, an like anyone else who will investigate further of what lucasarts puts out for us.
Perhaps. Problem is we will more than likely not know until the game is released.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > To Clone or Not a Clone, that is the Question?

Tags
clone, darth vader, gaalen maarek, galen marek, juno, not a clone