lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New OJP sp mod maybe in the works; kinda
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
katanamaru

New OJP sp mod maybe in the works; kinda

Before you guys get too excited about this hear what I have to say.

I'm Katanamaru and I was the animator for OJP right before it stopped. I made some animations that were going to be used but didn't make it into v1.2 and were scheduled for 1.3. I'm thinking of releasing them along with the sp files for OJP that are in the last version of Basic.

I'm unsure about putting the animations in v1.2 right now since I'm not a coder or even play mp. I'll contact Raz0r since he is still around the JA modding scene and see if he could help me where needed. If he agrees then I'll see about a v1.2.1 or something with him.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

What kind of animations did you complete?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
katanamaru

New stances (with breathing), runs, walks, gun stances, firing sequences, BACKHAND style, and some force animations. I was going to combine these with the sp components of OJP Basic and release them all together.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
jacklul
Lurker

I was thinking about making unofficial ojp release, aiming to enhance what we currently have + fix coop more.

PS. I'm Jack.
jacklul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

What kind of the work have you completed?

I could give you write access to the OJP repository and you could add your work to the main source code. CoOp fixes are always welcome.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
jacklul
Lurker

Well, I've updated my coop patch with some new fixes, now working on darkside kor1 & kor2. Unfurtunately I'm little limited here because I can't add map files without permissions, some parts I can do with icarus others only by entity edit.

I also planned to add some coop challenge maps and a 'lobby' map for coop.
lobby map - I mean, map where you can choose which coop map you want to play, I'm not sure how it should like but probably a door with map/mission name to enter level players must destroy and this doors.
Also I find out that coop works great in ojp basic, and the icarus code in basic is different than in enhanced, so I'm not in coding things so much but looking into this could help.

Also I was playing yesterday and found new coop bugs which I'm gonna fix, but its strange, they occured on windows host, on linux not.

Btw, linux 1.2 is still somewhere? And I only wonder, does anybody want to revive ojp its community? Or only it's me? ;S
also, we got ojp basic and enhanced, maybe now new one? ojp ultimate ? I got a lot of ideas to improve the mod.

Last edited by jacklul; 06-17-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
katanamaru

I don't know about reviving the OJP community. I wanted to get out some animations I've been sitting on to the public and then I'll probably stop. Kinda burnt out when I realized how limited I was for making saber styles and getting them into sp. Now I just don't have the motivation anymore.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
jacklul
Lurker

A bit late answer but... reviving ojp is still possible, all we need are people able to help us. The most needed are active and not busy coders...
Old 08-16-2010, 03:49 AM   #9
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklul View Post
The most needed are active and not busy coders...
Ya, well, I'm doing what I can to teach people :d
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #10
katanamaru

True. Raz0r is busy helping out all the budding coders on the file front forums.

I don't think there is much hope for OJP to be truly resurected though.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #11
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

There are JKA forums on filefront?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
katanamaru

I can't tell by your tone if you are serious or not. So here is the link to the modding portion of the forums:
http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-m...g-editing-528/
Raz0r and I are both there under the same names. Heck even Raz0r is a moderator.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I was serious. Thanks for the link!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #14
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Hey theres still some activity here. Good to see you guys again. Most of my OJP days are over for the moment. If it were resurrected, I wouldn't be able to help much. Right now, I can't even get my server to work at my new living location and I'm not sure why. I hope someone will continue it sometime, whether it be doing the work to finish 1.3 or just adding some of the bug fixes and minor features over to 1.2. I always wished someone could figure out why my newer backhand code and balance wouldn't work lol.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

I've been rallying the local coders and people willing to learn to JAC. VIP seats for you guys if you want to hang around :3

It seems FileFront is the only active JA modding site, except for maybe MapCraft.
It'd be nice to see some old-timers hanging out at JAC and FF.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #16
jacklul
Lurker

OJP 1.3 should be opensourced somewhere and rally people to work with it. Or something more organized like new ojpteam. We should all really talk about this via msn or smth.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #17
koke
Lurker

The CF Community of OJP Hispanic speakers members always here to support the activity of the Mod OJP from a long time.. 2008-2010 and much years more!

us have hope about the mod will be resurrected
koke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #18
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklul View Post
OJP 1.3 should be opensourced somewhere and rally people to work with it. Or something more organized like new ojpteam. We should all really talk about this via msn or smth.
IMO, IRC is great, especially for something like this.
irc.arloria.net:6667/6697 was used by the old team around the time of 1.3, I'm in a few channels there (Including JAC), good friends with the admins there.

I'm such a shameless advertiser >.>
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #19
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koke View Post
The CF Community of OJP Hispanic speakers members always here to support the activity of the Mod OJP from a long time.. 2008-2010 and much years more!

us have hope about the mod will be resurrected
Few clans know OJP as well as CF. Get some coders and take if over if you can just make sure you add an english translation LOL

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > New OJP sp mod maybe in the works; kinda