lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Trailer Coming Friday
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Harkonnen07
Rookie

Current Game: Sam Witwer: The Game
New Trailer Coming Friday

This Friday on GTTV, a 4-minute long trailer is going to appear of the Force Unleashed 2.

Here's a promo for it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/st...lers-tv/101125

Harkonnen07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I hope we get lots of stuff in the trailer!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
The promo looks great. I getting excited!!!
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Harkonnen07
Rookie

New trailer is out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...e-force/101181

Old 06-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
DarthGOGO
Rookie

I cannot wait for this game.
DarthGOGO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
AlexDM
Rookie

I noticed in the trailer that Force Repluse actually insenerated the ones closer O__o?...holy crap.
AlexDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
gstommylee

The one thing that caught my eye at the end it says games for windows.
gstommylee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
sarpedon2
Rookie

Do you think Starkiller will have to fight clones of himself? That trailer was intense, the cinematics look much more improved and realistic this time round
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Very impressive trailer!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Cinematics is all well and good but I would honestly have preferred to see more of the actual gameplay itself. Yes it was pretty...and perhaps revealed a bit more of story but as I said I would have preferred actual gameplay footage.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
Raz Agul
Rookie

wow it looks f'in sick!!!
Raz Agul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediAthos View Post
Cinematics is all well and good but I would honestly have preferred to see more of the actual gameplay itself. Yes it was pretty...and perhaps revealed a bit more of story but as I said I would have preferred actual gameplay footage.
QFT.

A flashy CGI trailer is all well and good, but all it's actually worth is the small story hints...

Admittedly, it does sound vaguely interesting, though.
SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
Harkonnen07
Rookie

I'm pretty sure you'll see gameplay come E3. This is just something to get excited about.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #14
Shem
Master of the Force

Here's a thought: Vader orders Starkiller to be executed and all of a sudden when he goes all stealth on the stormtroopers, he all of a sudden has two lightsabers as well. You would think if you're going to execute someone, they don't have access to weapons, especially a Force user who can call them by thought.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 06-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
Harkonnen07
Rookie

Chances are Vader didn't care.

spoiler:
It does say in the preview to the game, that the clones have a habit of going insane, and basically killing themselves with their own power.

Vader just assumes that's going to happen eventually.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
For those that haven't seen the trailer yet:

View page
YouTube Video

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
This is reminding me of Dark Empire more and more every time I see or hear something about it. They even mentioned that that story was one of their inspirations for this game's plot. I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones - and withheld it from Vader in the event that his master should betray him. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.

That said, it would be really cool if the first mission features Galen on some mission for Vader before the events of the first game (in between the game's prologue and the game proper, really) where he is sent to uncover some of the Emperor's secret teachings and comes upon the secret of eternal life, which Vader had been searching for ever since he lost Padme. But for some reason he does not tell Vader about it. The mission could end with an FMV that is a brief wrap-up of what happened in thew first game, culminating with Galen's death.

I know that probably won't be the case, but it's still fun to dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #18
AlexDM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.
I've thought about this part myself and i agree with the original soul of Galen going into a clone, after all, when Kota said he was 'one with the force' and yoda previously stated before that those that were completly one with the force had the ability to come back (Dont quote me for this, i don't remember what yoda said word for word but i believe it was something along that)
Old 06-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #19
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Hmmm...I took it from the trailer more that Vader was the one doing the cloning rather than Marek, both from the 'You have failed me' line and the cloning vats we see Vader inspecting at the end of the trailer.

I do agree that there must be something 'special' about this particular clone - as said, probably that he has successfully been remade as the lightside Marek, thus a failure for Vader. Which of course leaves open the possibility of fighting multiple Mareks in the endgame.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #20
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
From the last part of the trailer and what Galen last says "Nothing can stop me now" im guessing in the last few levels we are going to have to fight a army of Galen clones, or at least replace Shadow Guard fights with Clone ones.

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
AlexDM
Rookie

Hmmm....i admit a possiblity with the Shadow Guard...but an army of Galen clones? I'd find it..."bleh" if all the clones woke up at the same time, just to fight Galen. Maybe if one of them woke up and he followed the dark-side ending -> Lord Starkiller. Then the two fight. Though from what i'm watching....i really don't think Galen will die ~_~; at least i don't see a possible boss that would kill him, perhaps he will go after other sith due to the help of yoda's teachings.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
jrrtoken

Why has my Star Wars turned into God of War?
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #23
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Why has my Star Wars turned into God of War?
And why has mine turned into World of Warcraft?
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #24
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
The trailer was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Here's a thought: Vader orders Starkiller to be executed and all of a sudden when he goes all stealth on the stormtroopers, he all of a sudden has two lightsabers as well. You would think if you're going to execute someone, they don't have access to weapons, especially a Force user who can call them by thought.
Very good point. Some one pays attention to detail!
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
The one thing that caught my eye at the end it says games for windows.
Hmmm....maybe I'll pick it up then if it's a good PC game. I heard everywhere that TFU 1 was just a bad port with insane system specs...

OT: This little trailer reminded me of something. Anyone read the Thrawn trilogy?
Mount Tantiss where the Emperor and Thrawn were cloning on a massive scale? They used Ysalamir in the proces and the clones they produces were VERY different then the ones from the recent comics and tv series.

Maybe Vader is on Wayland in the last shot? Experimenting to create someone to help him overthrow the Emperor?

Also, Thrawn's Ysalamir technology made it possible to successfully CLONE Luke Skywalker....

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #26
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

The Trailer does look pretty awesome, can't wait to read the book as well to go with the game, an hopefully this SK really isn't a clone, with this Trailer it seems to indicate he isn't, but shows clones toward the end of the trailer that a meant to be clones of him.hmmmmm.
Be interesting to see what the dark lord of the sith has in Plan for Galen & Galen & Galen. lolol

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #27
SciFiGeek17
Rookie

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
I saw the trailer 2 nights ago and I have to say, I was blown away! By the graphics and the shot of all the clones of him. That was just awesome!

I also like that he has two lightsabers now. He's steped up with his lightsaber and combat skills.

Can't wait til the more spoilers are released and the game comes out. Very eager to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpedon2 View Post
Do you think Starkiller will have to fight clones of himself? That trailer was intense, the cinematics look much more improved and realistic this time round
I'm sure he will have to face another clone. I really like the idea, beside to quote him, "Vader can't stop me. Nothing can." -Well nothing, but himself. I think that's like a hidden spoiler for us fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I'm actually surprised Vader actually thinks Starkiller can be easily killed by simple StormTroopers. I mean, he took an entire Imperial Shipyard and Star Destroyer Facility in the pervious game. It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?

~I'm just a SciFi Geek with way too much time on her hands~

SciFiGeek17 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #28
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?
Well, there were twists through the story of the first one - that may just be one of them here, with Vader 'releasing' him to go and train, seek revenge, maybe do his job this time around.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #29
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
... without people selling gold and things at the street corner I hope.

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #30
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Hmmm...I took it from the trailer more that Vader was the one doing the cloning rather than Marek, both from the 'You have failed me' line and the cloning vats we see Vader inspecting at the end of the trailer.
Well yeah, of course. That much is a given. I was talking about Galen's soul being transferred into a clone to be of his own doing; something that Vader did not expect with his little project, and would turn the whole thing on its head.

Also, combining Star Wars with God of War is a good thing in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #31
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
It was a good trailer IMO. I just hope the actual game will be as sweet as they are making this out to be.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #32
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I think it's possible that Galen uncovered the Emperor's secret to eternal life - soul transferral, by way of clones. The fact that the other clones go crazy and he does not may mean that he may possess the soul of the original Galen Marek, having successfully transferred his consciousness into one of the clones.
There's no way the apprentice is smart enough to do all the research and meditation and other **** that Palpatine spent decades doing before he could figure out soul transference.

Quote:
It's almost like he wanted him to escape or something?!?
I'd think it possible. The trailer ends with a "not what it seems" kind of feel. If Vader really wanted him dead like he did on Corellia in the first game, he'd definitely do it himself.

That said, I, like others here, would have liked to see more gameplay footage. It's almost like LA is afraid to show their game, or something, and is instead throwing us movie-trailer style teasers to let us chew on story details.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
Shem
Master of the Force

For those who don't want to be linked to another site and such:

View page
YouTube Video

Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #34
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

I saw the trailer and did truly enjoy it. I'm a firm believer that the start of the trailer is not the exact start of the game and will be fleshed out in the start of the actual game. If not, he was chained down, I suppose...

I got the chance to see a demo played at E3 on Youtube and let me tell you: the new powers and targeting really works. They old powers look new, the new powers work well and look great, and the enemies are more meaningful to the place they are protecting.

The physics work even better than in the first, now that they've had more time working with all three engines. Very excited for this game.

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #35
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

Noticed some new files are on the TFU2 website, 3 more visions plus 2 more reports, hope they bring out some more images for the game soon, an finally the demo so we can play it

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #36
truJedi
Rookie

I cant stop watching the trailer. It is honestly one of the best ive seen so far. If what
Son of Skywalker is saying is true , them DAMN im pumped lol. One thing im pondering though, is will they still have all the lightsaber customization and stuff ?
It would cool if you could change your hilt and the colour like the first one
Green and Bue all the way !!!

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #37
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Good call guys.

My 2 cents:
I'm mainly looking out for what's different this time around. Seems some things in the game are definitely improved. I was really worried it was going to just be "more of the same." Nice to see some basic dismemberment, for example.

From everything I ever heard or saw, TFU:USE on the PC was identical to the Xbox 360 version. So it wasn't "bad." It just didn't offer the kinds of things we PC gamers are used to, like full customization options, flexible save functions, flexible editing, and multiplayer options. The saber system was more simplified than the one in Jedi Outcast/Academy. Doesn't mean it was a bad game, just disappointing when we're used to such high standards in a "Jedi" game. I understand "Force Unleashed" is its own series, but they're single player games (only the Wii port of the first game had even a basic multiplayer mode).

Even the fact that it was optimized for a 360 type pad controller wasn't necessarily bad. You weren't aiming guns and your saber was hack 'n' slash. Though I recall hearing people complain about the aiming system for the Force powers and the "look vs. camera pan" stuff. Hopefully they address that in this one.

Considering the updated editions and patches as usual, I would be tempted to wait on buying this one. But unlike the first game, I'm actually a little curious, considering the commitment to the PC format right out of the starting cage.

I haven't heard a word about multiplayer in Part II, though... has anyone else?

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #38
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post

Lol! QFT.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #39
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

Quote:
I haven't heard a word about multiplayer in Part II, though... has anyone else?
It had been planned but recent rumors suggest it was canned.

Also, the E3 demo I spoke of can be seen here. They point out the new force powers.

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #40
Zwier Zak

I would imagine that making multiplayer for a hack and slash game is not easy. Imagine 10 insanely overpowered people on a map. It would be just silly at some point. Still I think they could pull it of. What I'm thinking about is why would it be canceled? Is there something bigger on the horizon?

My only hope is that the PC version will have better code optimalization. TFU1 had insane minimum requirements. I actually hope that since Aspyr is developing the game at the same time as Lucasarts, they will lower the bar a little bit. If the specs are higher than the first one, well, my hopes will be lost.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > New Trailer Coming Friday