lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars KOTOR: Counterplay
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #281
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
In one fluid motion, almost too quick to be visible, Arai drew her own lightsaber, the familiar snap-hiss producing an emerald green blade.

"I am a threat to you, soldier," she said softly, "just as long as you are threatening my friend." She shifted slightly, moving her lightsaber from one hand to the other as her eyes bored into Mica. "You recognized Dom from a Republic watch-list, I'm sure. Even if they didn't have my image, they'd have my name with how I left the Jedi Order. Roll it around in your head a bit, soldier, see if it rings a bell. It's Arai. Arai Elan."

She turned her gaze to the young Jedi. "What of you, Jedi?" she asked. "Did your Masters tell you my story? Did they explain to you how the High Council tried to exile me? Have they admitted that I saw shatterpoints in even the members of the High Council? That I was able to manipulate those points, effectively turning the High Council into quarreling children as I made my escape?"

She scowled. "Of course they didn't!" she spat, her tone full of contempt. "My departure from the Order was their greatest failure since they lost the original Dark Siders. They wouldn't tell you my story, or of any other failure lest you begin to believe they are flawed."

She shifted again, putting her lightsaber back in her right hand, where it was most comfortable. "Let me ask you one question, Jedi. Do you trust the Order with your life?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #282
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The Jedi pondered this for a long moment. When she finally managed to put words to all of her jumbled thoughts, thus bringing clarity to them, she said:

"If you want to hear the truth from me, before my comrade Mica possibly kills you, then I will freely give it. I was a Sith Initiate before I became a Jedi Knight, and many within the Order, among all of its ranks, are still suspicious of me. It was only through the intervention of my trainer, a Cathar Jedi named Juhani, that I was not slain on sight. I intended to duel her to the death, but she spared me instead of giving me the fate I truly deserved. For that, I trust her with my life, alongside a handful of other Masters that Juhani herself trusts. Those few people do not constitute the entire Jedi Order, and so my answer is...no. I know it should not be, but that is the truth as I see it, miss."

She stepped forward slightly. "You say you were exiled? On what grounds?" A slight twinge of a memory clicked into place. "And what are...shatterpoints, as you call them?"
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #283
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Arai's eyes narrowed slightly. To hear the young woman's entire life story hadn't been exactly what Arai had been expecting. Maybe she'd been away from the Jedi too long to fully expect what one of them would do. As the Jedi asked her for her own story, Arai scowled and shook her head.

"What's this?" she asked, "pre-spy training? Keep the crooks chit-chatting while your best buds surround them? I don't think. We have a ship to find and I'm not about to let a trigger-happy communications officer and an inexperienced Jedi stall us."

She turned to Mica, stared at him for a moment, then said, "Perhaps you'd like to check on Sal. Pauel may not be my caliber of dangerous, but I'm sure you know how dangerous he is."

Then turning to Dom, she said, "Come on, let's get out of here."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #284
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
Dominic just stared at Arai for a moment. He was starting to wish he'd found her sooner.

Mica's eyes widened, not in amazement, but in fear. The woman was right; Mica had sent Sal in with Zen to capture a leading operative of a subversive, violent terrorist organization...and now Zen was here, with them. Which meant Sal was alone...

...with a fat, lazy man that did more eating than fighting. Arai was just trying to distract him.

"I'll give you trouble!" He growled, and raised his blaster again, finger on the trigger, to aim right between her eyes--
ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #285
Writer
Not switching to DTV

But his moment of hesitation was his undoing. He'd barely aimed his blaster when it was torn forcibly from his hand and compressed to about the size of it's power pack. Indeed, the majority of the blaster had essentially been turned into a fancy metal case for the pack. Arai smiled faintly, tilted her head to one side and shook her head.

"Somehow I don't think that worked out quite like you expected," she said softly. "Go your own way, Republic. We're leaving whether you like it or not."

She paused, turning to Dom and gesturing to Zen. "So the big guy's a friend of yours?"

My work in progress:

Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #286
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Now Mica stared in amazement. He had heard that the Jedi's Force powers were capable of doing such things, but he had never seen it done before. It was like...magic.

Dominic just grinned, shaking his head. She was going to have this officer pissing in his pants before long. When addressed, he turned to look at Arai, and then at Zen. He nodded. "He's another--" he cut himself off, immediately editting his language. "He's a former Pilgrim." The look that Dominic now gave his old comrade was not one of mistrust or hate; it was one of simple, nonverbal understanding not unlike the one they had shared on Coruscant. He had done his job well, it seemed. "Zen, the Sanghelii."
Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #287
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((By the way, what's Pauel supposed to be doing while all this is going on? I forgot...))
Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #288
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
((Well Zen slammed Pauel's head into a table before leaving the cantina))

Zen wanted to draw his blade at Mica's words but he knew that would be foolish. A drawn weapon demanded blood, it was part of Sangheili code of honor. He remained a bit more silent as he realized he had almost gotten himself shot for acting without thinking.

Things seemed to calm down as Arai spoke with Perdante. Zen felt that this little conflict could end with both parties being satisfied. Once Sal was mentioned things began to pick up. Zen found himself in awe at what Arai had done to Mica. He wasn't sure whether to be impressed with her abilities in the force or her words. Zen looked over at Arai at the mentioning of his height and nodded his head when Dominic introduced him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Arai." Zen turned his head over to Mica who was still in shock at what happened. "You can go check on your brother if you wish, though I doubt he'll need help. I hit Pauel quite hard before I left to come out here." Zen turned his attention back to Dominic and Arai. "Do either of you still need to speak with Pauel?"
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #289
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"The pleasure is mine, Zen," Arai answered with a faint smile. "Any friend of Dom's is a friend of mine."

When Zen asked if they were finished with Pauel, Arai glanced at Dom before turning back to Zen. "No, we're finished with Pauel. The Republic can do as they wish with him now." She shifted and looked back to Dom. "Speaking of which, I think it's time we move out, hey Dom?"

My work in progress:

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #290
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Dominic nodded stiffly. "Yes, we should." It felt wrong to be tossing Pauel up like this, but what choice did he have? By now, he was already in Republic custody - he wasn't exactly the strongest or most aerodynamic of men - and for all he knew, they already had backup on their way. He wasn't about to let Arai get captured for the sake of a loyalty he felt. No, the best move now was to find the Prophet, and ask him for guidance.

He turned to Zen and nodded to him, beginning to back towards the Sangheilii. He would be the one to let them leave before either of the other two. Once he ascertained that Zen was making no move against them, his eyes turned back to the Republic officer.

"Well, this has been a charming time, sir," he said, "But now, I'm afraid it's time for us to take our leave." And with that, he grabbed Arai's arm, turned tail, and ran.

Mica's nostrils flared, watching them run. He turned his cold eyes on Zen. "You," he said, pointing a finger, "I'm reporting you to the captain." He turned around to face Perdante. "And you! How far did your Code get the Republic during the Mandalorian Wars? Hm? Do you think Revan became so great and did so much by playing by the rules all the time?"

He turned to Zen. "There's a back up party joining us momentarily. I want you to go back upstairs and secure Pauel with Salvatore. And if you screw up this time," he growled, stepping closer, "It will be your honor on the line. Perdante, we're going after those two."

And without looking back at her, he pulled out a hold out blaster he had stashed in his boot and took off down the street. They had only a few minutes' head start...
Old 08-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #291
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Perdante followed Mica, sprinting down the steaming-pavement streets of the commoners' section of Nar Shaddaa, which reeked of urine and litter. No matter. Jedi put such things out of their minds when it came to pursuing the enemy, or in this case, people who were believed to be the enemy. Her own opinion of Dominic was that he was indeed a member of the Found, but he was merely misguided, not evil as she knew that Mica would like to claim. As for Arai? Arai...That woman "stuck in her craw", and the Jedi knew it. Do you trust the Order with your life? Did they explain to you how the High Council tried to exile me? Ordinarily, those would have been questions over which she would have challenged the querent to a duel, and not a sparring match either. However, she had not wanted to kill or "rough up" Arai, merely to understand her and get more information on Pauel...

Understand? Understand WHAT? That you're chasing two people who are on Pauel's side at the moment, if only because they need the ostanovium? That you practically let them get away? Mica's right. The Jedi Code and its naive pacifism aren't doing any good for you right now. You didn't use your lightsabers, and thus that snobbish little neophyte of a Force user gained the advantage over you. You! You were once 'la Gagnante', and right now? You really are a loser. You're nothing but a shadow of your former self, your SITH self. Show a little spine for once!

Igniting her twin silver blades, Perdante sliced a waste receptacle clean in half as she rushed past it using the Force to bolster her speed. It was in her way.

Revan let nothing get in his way in his quest to save the galaxy...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #292
Writer
Not switching to DTV

As they ran, Arai laughed softly. "Question what they stand for and every Jedi reacts more or less the same," she said. "She and the soldier are in pursuit."

She took the lead, guiding Dom toward Pauel's ship, which she had managed to locate in his mind in spite of the ostanovium haze. They came to an intersection and Arai sent Force projections down one street while turning Dom a completely different direction. With his ostanovium tattoo, he would be harder to pinpoint, so she simply masked her own presence in the Force, leaving the projections behind as a nice distraction.

"I've done what I can to throw them off our track," she told Dom, "but it won't last long. We're just under a minute away from Pauel's ship and we'll have to do a cold-start." She grinned. "Just like last time we came to Nar Shaddaa together. Think you can still pull it off?"

My work in progress:

Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #293
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

There they are! The Jedi Knight's pulse quickened as she spotted two figures, presumably Dom and Arai, up ahead. However, no matter how fast she tried to run, Perdante never seemed to close the distance between herself and them. It was like one of those diabolical paradox problems she'd encountered while taking Force Metaphysics as part of her Jedi training: You can never truly catch up with someone who is running ahead of you. First you have to get 1/32nd of the way there, then 1/8th, then 1/4th, then 1/2, and it never ends. At least, that was how she remembered it. In practice, that was absurd, as you could often outrun your opponents and catch up to them. That made the paradox absolutely absurd. However, the paradox was also true in a theoretical sense. This maddening thought plagued her mind as she continued pursuing the two.

Come on, Force, help me out here! My legs aren't the fastest, and my body's not the strongest, but I have to catch up to Arai and Dominic. If I don't, then I've lost my chance to find out more information about Pauel, the Found, and its Prophet, Khristoff. I don't care what I have to do in order to catch them--just let me do so! Indeed, the Force seemed to give her an extra burst of speed as she continued running and running, appearing to passersby as a flash of fleshy color and silver light. However, unbeknownst to the poor young woman, the figures she were chasing were Arai's projections. She was becoming more hopelessly lost by the moment, not even knowing it...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #294
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Dominic offered only one half of a laugh, which sounded more like a cough than anything else. He could feel his chest tightening the more they ran...

"Don't remind me." he muttered, breathing through his mouth. After a moment, he glanced at her, and shook his head. "My ship might just fall apart under that. Let's just hope that Pauel had more cash on hand than I did."

The outlaws might have been running faster, but they had chosen the wrong person to run from. Had it been Sal, he might have been worried about losing them completely; as it was, Mica wasn't worried. He was always the fastest runner in their boot camp, and he had been constantly training to keep that title.

Perdante was faster, though, and she took off ahead of him, rounding a corner after to fleeing shapes. Mica reached the same intersection a moment later, and was about to follow after her...but he stopped when he saw a trash can knocked over. A can came clattering down, indicating that the trash hadn't settled into its new horizontal position...indicating that the trash had only just recently been knocked over. He narrowed his eyes. Perdante was too far gone to call her back now...

He would have to overtake them himself. Mica headed off in exactly the opposite direction of the Jedi.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #295
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I'll deal with it." Garren told Carth and Atton, approaching the droid. "I am lying. Is what I just said true or false?" He asked it. Understanding the overly logical design in droids' programming, he understood that the droid would attempt to process his query, and break down due to the inherent paradox in his statement.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #296
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((JP with FFWM))

Arai sensed the change of tone in Dom, but she had no time to consider it yet. They made it to Pauel's ship and Arai used the Force to trigger the ramp open. She ran up the ramp, calling back to Dom, "Hurry! Soldier boy's on our heels."

Wordlessly, Dom charged up the ramp behind her and headed for the engine room. During their first trip together to Nar Shaddaa, he'd fumbled with the engine controls. Since then, he'd learned a little more about the controls themselves and was a little pleased to find that this ship wasn't terribly different from most of the others he'd worked with.

For all its dangers, bypassing the standard startup procedure was a simple process. Flip this switch, press that button, cross these wires with those wires, type in this little string of code. Once that was done, all systems would read false-positive, allowing whoever was at the controls to fly off without so much as consulting the computers for anything. Admittedly, it was dangerous. There weren't many people who could fly a ship that was only half functional. Thankfully, Arai was one of them.

"Ready!" he shouted.

Sluggishly, the ship lifted off the ground, its engines screaming in protest at being used before they'd fully warmed up. On the ground, Mica heard the noise, recognized it for what it was, and charged toward it, fishing a tracking device from his bag as he ran. If he couldn't catch the fugitives, at least he could keep track of where they were going.

The ship wobbled just a little and as Arai worked hard to steady it, Mica hurled the tracking device. He grinned in satisfaction as it stuck, half a second before the ship lurched skyward. Then his grin faded and he turned back in search of Perdante. Foolish girl, running off after phantoms...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

In the cockpit of Pauel's ship, Arai fought with the controls, keeping the ship aloft while the computers finished their startup processes. Several long seconds later, the computers seemed to realize the ship was in flight and they began working with Arai; the flight path smoothed significantly and it wasn't long until they left Nar Shaddaa's atmosphere. She cut the engines and checked the navicomputer, only to find that it was still pulling up.

As she waited, Dom entered the cockpit and sat down beside her.

"Just waiting on the-" she began, but then the navicomputer beeped. "Never mind." She pulled up a list of coordinates the ship had previously flown to. Most of them were easily identifiable. One stood out as utterly unknown to her and she showed it to Dom.

"I think that's our heading," she said. She gave the navicomputer instructions to create a safe flight path to those coordinates from their current location and waited. Minutes later, the computer chimed that the course was laid in, and Arai sent the ship into hyperspace.

It was only then that she realized that Dom had barely spoken a word to her since they crawled out of the dumpster...

My work in progress:

Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #297
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

The Pilgrim was determined that the only reason why he had fallen against the sides of the ship's corridors was Arai's struggle to get the ship airborne and even; it shifted from side to side several times. Most of the time, he was perfectly fine with keeping his balance - he was a long-time martial arts student, after all - but these shifts must have been more like bucks, because they sent him jolting into the wall every time.

Finally, he made his stumbling into the cockpit...and he was no longer able to fool himself. The room was spinning; he couldn't catch his breath. The more that he tried, the more his chest locked up...he could feel his eyes starting to bug, hear himself wheeze...

The kolto. Thank the almighty Creator he had thought to bring some with him! But his hands were shaking, and he fumbled with the clasp of the belt-bound pack for several seconds. "Shot," he gasped out, talking more to himself than to Arai. He heard her say something, but he couldn't discern what the words were. As the wheezing turned to coughing, and that coughing became a fit, he managed to get the needle out...but it dropped out of his fingers almost immediately. He couldn't hang onto it.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #298
Writer
Not switching to DTV

It was the coughing fit that finally made Arai turn to see what was happening. They had just entered hyperspace, so there wasn't much for her to do anymore anyway. Dom clearly not in good shape, pale and fumbling with a syringe. As the syringe clattered to the floor, Arai sprang into action, catching it up with the Force. Kolto.

"Force, Dom," she breathed, spinning the needle around and pressing it into his neck, gentle but firm. The kolto began working almost instantly, but it took almost a minute for his coughing to subside. When he was finally breathing more easily, Arai turned her chair to face him and sat down again, the syringe still in her hand.

"From where I'm sitting, that doesn't look all that good for the Found," she said. Her tone was soft, but the words conveyed a sense of betrayal. This was what he wanted for her, for anyone who was Force-sensitive?

My work in progress:

Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #299
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Perdante continued chasing the figures, which were nothing more than Force illusions from Arai, which suddenly lost their footing...and dissolved into the bottomless chasm that was the central pit of Nar Shaddaa. The Jedi almost followed, before she realized she was teetering on the edge--and ledge--of eternity...Once she became cognizant of what had really happened, she swore.

"I--I can't believe I almost killed myself over Force projections!" She clenched her hands into fists, climbed down off of the ledge, and gnashed her teeth. How could I have been so stupid? I'm a Jedi Knight, and I'm supposed to be trained far better than this! Rage and hatred began to fill her heart. They got away, both of them, and unless Sal and Zen have captured Pauel, our mission is a hopeless failure. Where was Mica now? Where was she?!

Great. I'm completely lost on this Force-forsaken planet, and for WHAT?!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #300
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

His nostrils flared, his teeth set, and he sucked his breath in sharply as the needle punctured his neck. It was all he could do to stay still long enough for the kolto to be delivered and the needle removed; he just couldn't stop coughing. When it pulled free of his neck again, he immediately collapsed downward, sitting now with his elbows on his knees and head hung low, letting the coughs come out. Finally, they began to subside, and he was reduced to wheezing, wheezing to labored breathing...he could feel sweat beading on his forehead.

It hadn't been what she said that sparked his temper; it was the tone with which she said it. When he raised his head to look at her, the anger was clear on his face. What she was suggesting was an insult to him.

"This has nothing to do with the Found." he snapped through gritted teeth. His breathing still hadn't quite returned to normal, but he could speak at least. "This is a problem with me. Not ostanovium."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Perdante!"

The communications officer stood at the mouth of the alley that had led her here, his blaster stowed and hands in the pockets of his uniform pants. His eyes were sharp, his expression somewhat dark. When he had her attention, he jerked his head behind him. "Come on."

She was furious, she was insulted...she was completely and totally open to manipulation. Perfect.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #301
Writer
Not switching to DTV

For a moment, Arai could do nothing more than stare at him in amazement. Wrong with him? What could possibly be wrong with him? But her mind refused to cycle through a catalog of possible illnesses he might have contracted that would give him these symptoms. The anger with which he'd replied to her put her on the defensive. Now, she had to defend her argument.

"How can you say that?" she asked sharply. "Pauel even said that the only form the stuff isn't toxic in is a gas, which by the way, I can't quite wrap my head around." Her eyes narrowed as she snatched his hand up and stabbed a finger into the tattoo. "And this is not a gas."

My work in progress:

Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #302
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((Is it just me, or has this RP crossed over into "epic" territory for the DTC?))

"Mica!" Perdante practically dashed toward the Republic officer. "Thank the Force! I was this close to hurling myself into the central pit, and all because of Force projections caused by that--woman!" She gnashed her teeth again. "I know she was only trying to throw me off of her trail and get herself and her hot little boy-toy off this wreck of a so-called planet, but did her projections have to go in there?!" She pointed at the yawning dark maw. "I was almost killed, and I would have been if I hadn't come to my senses in a fraction of a second!" She snorted disgustedly. "Back to Geeda's. I swear, if Sal and Zen don't have Pauel in their custody, I might seriously rough someone up."
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #303
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

((I might have to agree Anyway, JP with Writer))

He snatched his hand back from her, standing up and glaring hard at her. "The only form of reinforcement that isn't poisonous!" His hands turned into fists as he marched out of the cockpit. "This is a weapon!"

Arai glared daggers at him. "What part of "all forms" isn't getting through to you, Travesty?" That was trouble. In their past, she had only ever called him by his last name alone once, and she had been so angry at the time that her Master had sprinted from several blocks away to intervene. "I swear, your head's gotten thicker in our years apart."

The sound of his name alone was enough to raise his hackles. "I don't see why I should be any different." he growled, whipping around to face her again. "You certainly haven't improved at all."

This time, there was no Master to intervene and Arai was far closer to the Dark Side than she'd ever been back then. Sparks flew across her fingertips as she growled, "I guess you're in for a real shock then..."

He squared off against her then, only a yard and a half of empty space between them. There wasn't much to be offered in the cramped confines of the cockpit.

"Don't you dare."

"Call it a test," Arai challenged. "If you stop me with your... weapon and are none the worse for wear, then we can entertain the unlikely chance that your illness has nothing to do with it."

And with that, she thrust her fist toward his chest, lightning crackling over its surface.

He caught her fist squarely in his right palm, the tattoo glowing faintly as it devoured the Force energy flowing between her fingers. His fingers closed tightly around her fist and twisted sharply to the right. Waiting a moment to allow the first wave of pain to cease, he shoved her backwards.

"Don't do this, Raia." he said, sliding backwards into a fighting stance and raising his fists. He hadn't actually expected her to attack him...

"What's wrong, Dom?" she asked, rekindling the sparks on her fist. "Beginning to question your initial certainty that it's not the ostanovium causing your little episodes?"

Seeing her like this cleared his anger and replaced it with worry; this was the Dark Side working in her, and he had promised to help relieve her of that plague. All he had done now was encourage it.

"I'm beginning to question the wisdom of this discussion. C'mon, Raia, this isn't you."

She laughed sharply. "If this is the only way to open your eyes, then this is me." Both fists lit up with sparks and she pushed both hands outward toward him.

The one downfall of his tattoo was that it was only in one hand.

He was forced to sidestep her second fist, pressing himself up against the wall and sucking his stomach in to avoid the sparks. But by sidestepping the blow, it meant she overstepped and her weight was unbalanced. That made it really easy for him to lock his arm around her other elbow and throw her against the wall.

Grabbing both of her wrists, he pinned her with arms stretched wide to the durasteel, getting right in her face. "God damn it, Blondie," he hissed, using his body as an extra assurance against her escape by pressing his chest close to hers. "Snap out of it! It's me!"

Gasping, Arai blinked rapidly several times. The cold, cruel light that had dominated her gaze during this entire exchange drained completely away, leaving only astonishment and fear.

"Force, Tink," she murmured. "What have I done?"

Proven herself right.

Now that he was certain she wasn't going to try to kill him anymore, Dominic released her and slowly stepped back. Without the adrenaline of the fight, whatever was poisoning him had free reign; he collapsed once more into the co-pilot's seat, his chest getting tight all over again. As he rolled up his sleeve, he could feel his throat beginning to close up - and suddenly, everything was happening much faster than it ever had before.

Without Dom's support, Arai sank to her knees, tears coming to her eyes. "What a pair," she murmured. "I can't keep a lid on my temper, and you're killing yourself being that lid."

She crawled over to him and took another kolto injection out of his pouch, pressing it to his neck. "Let's...not do that again..."

He lifted his hand to take hold of her wrist, and when his chest began to loosen again, he knocked the empty cylinder from her hand with his thumb and pressed her palm to his neck. "Agreed." he said, his voice still scratchy. "God, Raia, I'm sorry."

She let him guide her hand to his neck and clasped her other hand over his shoulder. "Me too, Dom," she said softly. "Me too."

- - - - - - - - - -

Mica removed one hand from his pocket as she spoke, silently beckoning her closer with a few movements of his fingers. When she was close enough, he put his hand gently on her shoulder and steered her back the way they came.

"She's an outlaw. There isn't much more that you can expect from someone like that." he said quietly, shaking his head. "But, at any rate, I have to say that that was fairly impressive. I just wish that you could have acted with such speed in the very beginning! If you had, they wouldn't have escaped!"

Last edited by ForceFightWMe12; 08-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #304
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

The Jedi Knight gazed seriously at Mica. "Lesson learned. She who hesitates is lost. Although, the main thing I'm wondering now is, why would both of those people that we just met be on Pauel's side?" She had a sudden thought. "As far as I know, the man, Dominic, is still a member of the Found and wants to protect Pauel, but what about the Force-projecting schutta? Did Dom recruit her into their weird, murderous, and Force-inhibiting cult, or what? If not, why would she even want Pauel alive? Is she just along for the ride? Force only knows."
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #305
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"My initial thought was the same as yours." he said, shrugging. "The most logical thought would be that she was a recruit; he picked her up somewhere and brought her to Pauel to have her initiated - or whatever the hell it is those terrorists do." Lifting his hand off her shoulder, he reaching into his bag again to pull out a pack of deathsticks.

"But after seeing her snap like that, I have to wonder. She was quite happily flaunting her lightsaber and Force powers; would someone like that be so willing to give them up in exchange for acceptance in a cult? Admittedly, religion is a very...persuasive mechanism. Even so, the Jedi and Sith have always been the most powerful. What would make them falter now?"
Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #306
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"Maybe the woman doesn't like what she's becoming, or at least what she's becoming when she loses her cool. I was once a Sith Initiate," replied Perdante, "and so I know well what the lure of the Dark Side is and means. I also know how scary it can be when--and if--you are first turning to it. Maybe SHE is scared, and that's why she's seeking out Pauel, Dominic, and the Found."

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-24-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #307
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Zen made no attempt to stop Dominic as he began to move towards him. Dominic had helped Perdante and himself escape back on Coruscant. The honorable thing to do would be for Zen to help Dominic and Arai escape. He allowed the two to run past him and was ready to stand in Mica's path if need be.

Zen found himself smiling as Dominic and Arai took off. He watched his former comrade for only a few seconds before he heard Mica's voice. Zen stared down at the human as he informed him that he would be telling the captain of his actions. He did not care what the human did, but he would not take further action to help Dominic. Then Mica told him his honor would be on the line if he screwed up again. Zen took a step forward and glared at the human.

"Save your threats for someone who fears them, human".

With that Perdante and Mica took off after Dominic and Arai.

Best of luck my brother Zen thought as he headed back to the cantina.

Zen entered back into the Cantina and through the door to where Pauel was. He was not as calm as he was when he first was here.

"My patience is thin Pauel. You will come with us...make any attempt to resist and you shall find yourself without any legs."
Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #308
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Sal was just finishing putting the cuffs on Pauel when Zen arrived. He didn't look up until the second one had snapped into place, securing both wrists behind his back.

"I've checked him for weapons, and now that you're here, I'm sure we won't have any trouble with him running." He stood up. "We'll just have to worry about trouble from outside. What the hell happened out there??"

- - - - - - - - - - -

"You weren't really a Sith, were you?" Mica asked, a look of innocent surprise on his face. One would never guess that he had heard all of this before, so simply did the lie flow from his lips. Why give away his oblivious informant in Salvatore just yet? There was no telling how close he would get to the Jedi woman...and the closer he got, the closer that Mica became as well. "I never would have guessed...I know that it's a part of your life that you're probably not proud of, but if I may, what made you do it? Turn to the Dark Side, I mean." If she was so freely sharing other parts of her past...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #309
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Pauel's face blanched as white as a sheet. "I'll come with you," he said, "but do not expect any mercy from the Prophet when we reach him! Master Khristoff will destroy both of you, as he does anyone who opposes the Truth and the Light. I am not the only Apostle he has at his disposal; the rest are stationed on the only Pure World in this entire galaxy! I have been sent here to preach, and preach I shall when both of you are dead and the Found has found victory!"

------------------

Perdante shrugged. "Why did I turn to the Dark Side? Pure and unadulterated necessity. I was plucked out of the stinking slums of Coruscant by a Sith soldier who saw I had strong potential in the Force, even as a seven-year-old child. I had no other choice except to run, which I didn't because I was so scared. The Sith made me strong--or so I thought, until I met my present trainer, Juhani. She showed me the great flaw in my logic: that such strength is not infallible."
Old 08-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #310
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Zen looked over at Sal and thought about whether he should actually tell him or not. Seeing that Mica would tell the captain he would probably be more than likely to tell his own brother.

"What is that phrase you human's use?...Your captain is going to give me hell. I let Dominic and his friend escape. Not only is he my former comrade, but he helped me escape with Perdante back on Coruscant. It would be dishonorable if I did not do the same for him."

Zen now turned to Pauel and actually laughed at his words. If he wanted to he could squish Pauel's head within seconds.

"Much like your prophet you shall find no mercy from me either. When I'm done with you I shall have you on the floor begging for death," he said viciously to Pauel. Zen looked back to Sal. "Are we to wait for your brother or meet him and Perdante back on the ship?"
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #311
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Walking over the still-twitching droid on the floor, Garren entered the control room, and as soon as Carth and Atton followed, he magnetically sealed the door and as an additional measure, electrified it. He then checked the camera feeds from the main chamber. "Perfect. Those projectors will come in handy." He commented. Finally figuring out his plan, he pulled the data disc out of the control terminal, and replaced it with a tape containing all of the evidence he had gathered, along with the HoloNet footage of the report on the contaminated water. Then, to add one final touch, he spoke into the microphone, in an outright damning tone, "If she really cared about the people of Coruscant, or the people of the Galaxy, she wouldn't have allowed this, no, she wouldn't have done this." And with that, Plina Skelch's career, along with at the very least, her life as a free woman, were over.

Last edited by Alkonium; 08-25-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #312
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((Speaking of "over", I really wanted this "Endgame" thing to be a trilogy, and technically, "Checkmate" should be the third installment, not the second. Thus, I'm starting completely over on the story of Perdante et al, and the aftermath of Endgame. Sayonara, and thanks for playing with me this time!))

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-27-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #313
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Good gracious, WHY? Just a few posts ago, you were calling this EPIC, and quite frankly, I agreed with you. You're going to give up all this awesomeness we've got going because you accidentally put Part III second?

My work in progress:

Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #314
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((TM Tysyacha here. I'll restart this under 4 conditions:

1. Please, no one mention Plina Skelch EVER AGAIN. Her plotline is effectively over, and she was one of my more stupid RP caricatures. She was just my chance to take potshots at Sarah Palin, so no more about her. Creating her was my mistake. Agreed?

2. Please, someone haul Pauel aboard the Millennial, pronto, and beat the ever-loving crud out of him so he confesses what he knows about Khristoff. Agreed?

3. I'm going to ask a mod to change the title of this thread to "Counterplay", the 2nd part of the trilogy since I intended it to be the 2nd part. Agreed?

4. Please, bring back Visas and Juhani. I miss my trainer, and Mica's corrupting me! :P

If you agree, please PM me and I will restart it. Otherwise, it's "checkmated"!))

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #315
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

((I'll volunteer Mica to beat the ever-living snot out of Pauel!))
Old 08-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #316
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Agreed! (BTW, could you please change the title of this thread to SW: Counterplay?)
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #317
Writer
Not switching to DTV

If our former player of Visas and Juhani has vanished, I'd be more than happy to take them on. Me taking Juhani especially would make it easier for us all when Perdy decides to ask Juhani about Arai

My work in progress:

Old 08-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #318
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((As far as I know, the former player of Visas ONLY has vanished, so you may take them on. I also appoint you co-threadmaster so it can continue to be epic instead of not!))
Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #319
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Both of them? If I read you right, Juhani's player hasn't gone MIA? ))

My work in progress:

Old 08-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #320
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Chevron says he's still RP'ing, he just hasn't posted in a while. EDIT: Someone needs to respond to Chevron's character, Juhani. Preferably Visas, if you'll take her over, Writer.))
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars KOTOR: Counterplay