lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Editing swkotor.ini??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
bryzz
Rookie

Editing swkotor.ini??

I read the tutorial on taking screen shots i changed the swkotor.ini file and double checked to make sure that i did save it with the .ini extension and when i take screenshot by hitting print screen key and paste it into mspaint i just get a black picture

also when i change the file to enable cheats it doesnt work.
bryzz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Have you followed this tutorial? [Useful features...swkotor.ini]

Check what you're doing against that one and report back.

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
bryzz
Rookie

ya it still doesnt do anything - no screenshots and no cheat console
Old 07-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Computer System? The Screen shot one for Vista (That I Know Of) Doesnt work when you just Paste into Paint. It gets put in the Main Dictionary when you click something like "Compatiblity Files"

Last edited by Holty1-5; 07-04-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
bryzz
Rookie

vista turned to windows 7

whats "Combatible Files" what does that mean?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
"Compatibility Files" are files that Win7 keeps separated for progs that are installed in compatibility mode. This has not come up for me as problem before, so make sure you followed the proper installation routine for Vista/7. You can find it in the Workbench or in the Community Discussion area.

Console will not work in Vista/7 At least as far as I am aware... hasn't worked for me yet.

As for screenshotting, the regular print screen button, with game installed on Win7, works as it should in my experience, sending ss's to the game's main directory. I don't use MSPaint, rather Paint.net or PS... it may be that MSpaint cannot open/read a .tga file?

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
xViiViD Duplicate of Darth Ma3v3n
Banned

My console works on 7 but when I had vista it didn't work.
xViiViD Duplicate of Darth Ma3v3n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #8
LordAeron
Lurker

I have been trying to get my console to work and so far I can't. I've got an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 64 bit and I downloaded the game from Direct2Drive. All the same files are there. I did the whole EnableCheats=1 thing, I've tried re-installing the game, and I've tried all the various different key combinations. I cannot get the console to appear.

I know it's supposed to be small, and I even though maybe it was invisible, so I'd hit the key for it and type, and of course it would just register whatever commands the keys were bound to.

I've tried all the different variations of text in the .ini file "EnableCheats=1" "Enable Cheats=1" "EnableConsole=1" "Enable Console=1" and I'm tired of it. I've played this game so many times and I want to play it again, just a little faster this time.

Can anyone helps me?
LordAeron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAeron View Post
I have been trying to get my console to work and so far I can't. I've got an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 64 bit and I downloaded the game from Direct2Drive. All the same files are there. I did the whole EnableCheats=1 thing, I've tried re-installing the game, and I've tried all the various different key combinations. I cannot get the console to appear.

I know it's supposed to be small, and I even though maybe it was invisible, so I'd hit the key for it and type, and of course it would just register whatever commands the keys were bound to.

I've tried all the different variations of text in the .ini file "EnableCheats=1" "Enable Cheats=1" "EnableConsole=1" "Enable Console=1" and I'm tired of it. I've played this game so many times and I want to play it again, just a little faster this time.

Can anyone helps me?
It should go under "Game Options", and look like this (without the quotes, obviously) "EnableCheats=1". For K1, you just get something like this in the upper left corner of the screen(might help to see if you disable the minimap):

>_

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Editing swkotor.ini??