lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Content Poll: What NPC would you most like to see return in this mod?
Vandar Tokare 24 34.78%
Zhar Lestin 3 4.35%
Deesra Lurr Jada 1 1.45%
Elise Montagne 1 1.45%
Mekel 3 4.35%
Lashowe 3 4.35%
Thalia May 1 1.45%
Kel Algwinn 2 2.90%
Dustil Onasi 8 11.59%
Yuthura Ban 22 31.88%
Other (please specify) 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: The Return to Dantooine and The Search for Survivors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #41
Darth_Calo
Rookie

well so far, if you take a look at the group, we have Belaya dead in the academy. For the damaged exterior, I think that was part of the model rather than a skin, so the best we can probably do is skin it to look damaged

EDIT: the group is linked to in my signature (the Logo)

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #42
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
[QUOTE=Darth_Calo;2744099]well so far, if you take a look at the group, we have Belaya dead in the academy. QUOTE]

What if you pick Darkside and Kill Juhani? If you do see runs off and joins the sith or have you made it so a script says she only appears if you picked LS.

Also Juhani could have some dialog when you find the body

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #43
Darth_Calo
Rookie

hey holt.

I don't know what's happening with the scripts. at the moment nothing appears for me (those screenshots were taken by Centenar, who is collaborating with me on this project)

he may have used her body so it appears regardless, as I have managed to sneak by her without triggering the scene where she damns me for killing Juhani. (usage of the 'warp' cheat i believe). the idea for dialog for Juhani when you find her body is interesting, also.

~DC

Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #44
DarthJacen
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Calo View Post
Vrook wasn't at Katarr, but I know Vandar was, and this would take place before the end of K1 so it'd be before they died there

Deesra survived, as did many of the settlers (the enclave got hit more then their homes)
likely, Jon and Gar survived. Adum Larp survived (he's in K2)
other than that their articles in the first post might tell you
Interesting that you mention Kataar happening before the end of K1 because Vandar is at the Star Forge battle, and gives you the medal afterward on what appears to be Dantooine's Enclave. Am I wrong?

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #45
Darth_Calo
Rookie

I am sorry if I did not clearly state what I meant.

I'll try again and try to be clearer this time:

Katarr took place roughly I think 1-2 years before the events of TSL. (which in itself took place five years after KotOR 1)

This modification would take place during the events of KotOR meaning Vandar and all the other victims of the Katarr Attack would be alive.

EDIT: and for the record the medal scene takes place on the Unknown World Temple, on a balcony that is visible but not accessible in the game. (you can see the architechture is identical to the Rakata temple exterior and if you look carefully you can see the markers for the area transitions on the area around the temple

A note for the public:

even though the poll says open until July 2011, any votes cast after October 1, 2010 will not be counted

to a moderator: if possible please change the poll close date to 10/1/2010

Last edited by Darth_Calo; 08-15-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #46
Darth_Calo
Rookie

sorry for the lack of updates, folks.

progress on the mod has been...slow, with several setbacks. however, the project is not dead.

~DC

Old 10-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #47
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Yay! It's a great idea, don't give up!

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
yeah, don't give up! this is really great! Really good modding Logan! (even though i don't know much about modding) I really like it
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #49
Seikan

Well the problem with meeting Vandar, is that after it at the star fprge is like "WAH, OH!!! You survived!!" so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to see him before.

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #50
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Seikan: that is valid. however given that you crash land on the Unknown World, which in most circumstances would be deadly, you could say that he is suprised that Jedi (or Darth) Revan survived that ordeal. hence he would be validly shocked to see you alive.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #51
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey,

The mod is not dead but on hold right now. We plan to have it start up during the winter break.

thanks for the support!

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
Darth_Calo
Rookie

yes, as Logan stated, the mod is not dead. I have been unable to log in to LucasForums to update you all. as of now it is still on hold, and I remain optimistic that it will be completed. however, no timetable is in place. in short, it will be done

Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #53
darthbdaman
Rookie

Current Game: TSLRCM
Restoration mod

Do you realize this was originally in the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/516675-st.../gs_screen-166

█∭⊤ị▩ị⊤≣(Φ)█Ξ██████████████████████)
"No game of dejarik can be won without pawns, and this may prove to be a very long game."

Deadly Stream Profile

My Mods:
Jedi from the Start
darthbdaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #54
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Of course he knows that it was originally in the game. That's the point of the mod to be being made - to be able to revisit Dantooine after the Sith attack.

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
EDIT: and for the record the medal scene takes place on the Unknown World Temple, on a balcony that is visible but not accessible in the game. (you can see the architechture is identical to the Rakata temple exterior and if you look carefully you can see the markers for the area transitions on the area around the temple
Perhaps the area which that scene occurs in could be the opposite side of the Temple, but more likely, its the Temple Exterior area that you are able to get to in game. The same fallen Obelisk is present when the scene opens, that is there when you first see the ramp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slstoev View Post
Of course he knows that it was originally in the game. That's the point of the mod to be being made - to be able to revisit Dantooine after the Sith attack.
It probably was something BioWare intended, but scraped for some reason. Due to the way most of those pictures look(like Bastila's head model being, well, not as good as the one in game), they are likely from the Beta version of the game, or the one were the GUI looked closer to Jade Empire's. That, and I doubt BioWare did much to the Academy itself(due to the way the area around it looks just as pristine as it does in the games).

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #56
Darth_Calo
Rookie

if it's in the game, I wasn't aware of it. and, further, the story line of this mod has nothing to do with any potential plot of a pre-existing feature in the game. i know that sounds like a cut and paste disclaimer but i merely desired to add a feature I was never aware of to the game to expand and enhance your experience. if you dont like it, then by all means dont use it.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #57
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Well, I LOVE it! Keep up the good work!

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #58
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
Well, I LOVE it! Keep up the good work!
thank you, Zhaboka! glad to see there's a fan out there.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #59
Gatherum
Rookie

Voted Other: Sherruk (or some personification of him: clone, cybernetic reconstruction, illusory apparition, etc). Just because Sherruk, as short as his screentime was, was a badass, and probably the most difficult foe in the game, at least when you first meet him.

Might I also suggest, if you're going to feature a younger Terena Adare, and if you haven't thought of it already, that you also feature Azkul. He was a Sith Commando and part of a Special Forces detachment during the Jedi Civil War, but no further details are given regarding where he was stationed, meaning that you could probably have some fun with him. If you're so inclined, you can place him in there as a formidable antagonist that the PC must fight, but fail to kill, only resulting in the loss of his left eye.

It is also possible that Dopak could make an appearance, as he was a veteran of both the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War, but what sides he fought in during both are ambiguous. Once again, that probably means that you could have some fun with him, but for all anyone knows, he could have simply been a Mercenary throughout both wars.

This has great potential as a story gap filler/clarification mod. I look forward to the result.

Last edited by Gatherum; 11-29-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Gatherum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2010, 05:41 AM   #60
JediExile
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Awesome idea for a mod! I've been looking for something like this. I'll be following this and can't wait to see the end result.

Revenge of Revan || Deadly Streams || Follow me on Twitter!

"Hey! You talk to her with a bit of respect in your voice or you'll end this conversation minus a few teeth! Got it?" -Carth Onasi
"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." -Atton Rand

JediExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #61
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherum View Post
Voted Other: Sherruk (or some personification of him: clone, cybernetic reconstruction, illusory apparition, etc). Just because Sherruk, as short as his screentime was, was a badass, and probably the most difficult foe in the game, at least when you first meet him.

Might I also suggest, if you're going to feature a younger Terena Adare, and if you haven't thought of it already, that you also feature Azkul. He was a Sith Commando and part of a Special Forces detachment during the Jedi Civil War, but no further details are given regarding where he was stationed, meaning that you could probably have some fun with him. If you're so inclined, you can place him in there as a formidable antagonist that the PC must fight, but fail to kill, only resulting in the loss of his left eye.

It is also possible that Dopak could make an appearance, as he was a veteran of both the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War, but what sides he fought in during both are ambiguous. Once again, that probably means that you could have some fun with him, but for all anyone knows, he could have simply been a Mercenary throughout both wars.

This has great potential as a story gap filler/clarification mod. I look forward to the result.
thanks for the ideas, I'll keep those in mind. Sherruk was a character i hadnt considered because in kotor once a character dies, they're dead (which is why you dont fight calo nord on taris, he was meant to survive that) so it would take some extra work to make sherruk not die on dantooine the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediExile View Post
Awesome idea for a mod! I've been looking for something like this. I'll be following this and can't wait to see the end result.
glad to see another fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbdaman View Post
Do you realize this was originally in the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/516675-st.../gs_screen-166
but it's not in the game, that's just it.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #62
Gatherum
Rookie

Quote:
thanks for the ideas, I'll keep those in mind. Sherruk was a character i hadnt considered because in kotor once a character dies, they're dead (which is why you dont fight calo nord on taris, he was meant to survive that) so it would take some extra work to make sherruk not die on dantooine the first time
Alternatively, there is cloning, and cybernetics, and other heretic witchcraft, if you're so inclined. :P

Whatever you would prefer, though. It's your mod.
Gatherum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #63
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherum View Post
Alternatively, there is cloning, and cybernetics, and other heretic witchcraft, if you're so inclined. :P

Whatever you would prefer, though. It's your mod.
thats the thing though, once a character is flagged as 'killed' that appearance cant be used again, so those other methods may not work. I will definitely keep it in mind though, as that is a creative idea

Old 11-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #64
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Maybe you could have Sherruk run away instead of getting killed when the player first fights him. He could drop a sack or something with his stuff so you would still be able to complete the original Dantooine Mandalorians quest.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #65
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithspecter View Post
Maybe you could have Sherruk run away instead of getting killed when the player first fights him. He could drop a sack or something with his stuff so you would still be able to complete the original Dantooine Mandalorians quest.
In a word, brilliant!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #66
Darth_Calo
Rookie

brilliant yes but that gets into the same gray area of lashowe and the other sith, if you want to kill them then its not fair to force you to wait. I'll certainly take it under advisement, though

Old 04-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #67
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Hi,
Sorry for my absence all thise time. Just a update to let everyone know this project is still scheduled to be released, but its development has been VERY slow. again, not dead, just going slow. thanks for your paitence, folks

Last edited by Darth_Calo; 04-16-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #68
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
I think this added content might be a bit... pointless, if Revan doesn't get anything from it. Like it doesn't sound like the jedi who's bent on saving the world and his "love" (Bastila) would return to Dantooine to oversee its 'recovery' (assuming Revan is a male).

I mean, this is a great idea, and I completely respect you guys for this. I'm so looking forward to the release of this mod - that is if it's not dead. But it's just that maybe you should keep Vrook or one of the other jedi masters on Dantooine, so that if Revan should return, he or she should get some guidance, training, special power, feat, or items that helps the player through the rest of the game.

Just a suggestion.

By the way, I'm loving the screen shots, loving the effort, and I can't wait for the release.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #69
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
I think this added content might be a bit... pointless, if Revan doesn't get anything from it. Like it doesn't sound like the jedi who's bent on saving the world and his "love" (Bastila) would return to Dantooine to oversee its 'recovery' (assuming Revan is a male).

I mean, this is a great idea, and I completely respect you guys for this. I'm so looking forward to the release of this mod - that is if it's not dead. But it's just that maybe you should keep Vrook or one of the other jedi masters on Dantooine, so that if Revan should return, he or she should get some guidance, training, special power, feat, or items that helps the player through the rest of the game.

Just a suggestion.

By the way, I'm loving the screen shots, loving the effort, and I can't wait for the release.
Couple things:

1) this mod is meant to take place after the Leviathan and before the Unknown World (so Bastila is captured)

2) The point isn't so much to oversee it's recovery as it is for Revan to find redemption. Kind of like a pre-unknown world Dark Side/Light Side choice. Does he go to Dantooine and help them or does he go there and attempt to set the settlers back even further?

3) it's not dead.

and if you think it's pointless you don't have to download it

Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #70
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Oh no it's not pointless at all; I love the idea. It was just a suggestion. I didn't read too closely about the whole redemption thing.

Last edited by CptPriceless; 08-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > The Return to Dantooine and The Search for Survivors