lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Possible to convert the FM-TOWNS Zak McK to run on a DOS pc? (so without emulation)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
bergqvistjl
Rookie

Is it possible to convert the FM-TOWNS Zak McK to run on a DOS pc? (i.e no emulation)

I wonder if its possible to convert the FM-TOWNS 256-colour version of Zak Mcracken (along with the music) to run on a pure dos machine, sort of like what they did with the MI1 CD-ROM re-issue (with the 'proper' music as CD-Audio tracks). Any ideas? and before you post, yes I know i can do it on a modern PC using scummvm, but it would be interesting to see if it can be done properly, and have it run in a pure dos environment. I don't see why not, if they could do it with Monkey Island 1 at the time.

Currently got (complete in original Big-box format)
  • Maniac Mansion (seperate from DOTT)
  • Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour (Want to sell, PM me)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • MI1 VGA
  • MI2
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Sam and Max Hit The Road
  • CMI
  • EMI
  • Grim Fandango
  • Full Throttle
  • The Dig
To Get
  • Zak McKraken
  • DOTT
  • Loom

Last edited by bergqvistjl; 07-20-2010 at 12:16 PM.
bergqvistjl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
TheJoe
Rookie

No. FM-Towns's OS was totally different from DOS. I don't even thing the Towns was IBM Compatible. May be wrong there, though.
TheJoe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > Possible to convert the FM-TOWNS Zak McK to run on a DOS pc? (so without emulation)