lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Yoda
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Yoda

Just a cutscene I found.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Zwier Zak

Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Hopefully Yoda won't have much more to do with the plot than in this cutscene.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Kinda liked it myself...I'm sure Yoda will only have a small part in the story. Starkiller is trying to find himself and figure out who he really is. Almost makes sense he would find Yoda sooner or later.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Remember there is dialogue from the first trailer that wasn't shown in that cut scene.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I was kind-of hoping that they wouldn't release anything confirming yoda...it would have been a nice little surprise, no pun intended .

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Sweet video, but man, I hate that voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
Las
Rookie

it was the lack of star wars related stuff that turned me a bit off with the first game, didn't recognize any of the maps etc. this ought to do it for me
Las is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I agree, they have a habit of using Trilogy defining events and characters to "Sell" another character, and in the process cheapen the original experience... Degobah and Yoda's teaching were a very important part of the Original Trilogy and Luke as a Character, this kinda screws that, the same way Jacen Solo's suffering and eventual besting of the "Embrace of Pain" at the hands of Vergere and the Yuuzhan Vong, was cheapened by Legacy (Comic) having Darth Krayt do the same thing only years earlier. Yoda's appearance and in fact Starkillers existence cheapen the original trilogy, But, are awesome.. that is why I think of TFU/II as STRICTLY non-canon, I'm able to enjoy them without thinking Luke was actually the least powerful force user ever lol.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Remember there is dialogue from the first trailer that wasn't shown in that cut scene.
True, but not a whole lot. I'd be surprised if Yoda did more in this game than talk to the apprentice a few times. He doesn't seem to know who Yoda is in this cutscene, either.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I agree, they have a habit of using Trilogy defining events and characters to "Sell" another character, and in the process cheapen the original experience... Degobah and Yoda's teaching were a very important part of the Original Trilogy and Luke as a Character, this kinda screws that, the same way Jacen Solo's suffering and eventual besting of the "Embrace of Pain" at the hands of Vergere and the Yuuzhan Vong, was cheapened by Legacy (Comic) having Darth Krayt do the same thing only years earlier. Yoda's appearance and in fact Starkillers existence cheapen the original trilogy, But, are awesome.. that is why I think of TFU/II as STRICTLY non-canon, I'm able to enjoy them without thinking Luke was actually the least powerful force user ever lol.
See and I thought Jacen Solo and the Yuuzhan Vong cheapened Star Wars as a whole

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
There's nothing about Galen (Starkiller) that cheapens Star Wars for me. Sure, he may have been extraordinarily strong in the Force, but his power was untamed. It controlled him, rather than him having control over it. This is why Luke became as great as he did: because he learned the ways of the Force in a timely, responsible manner, and eventually came to do even greater things than Galen ever could.

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classic with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS

Last edited by Zerimar Nyliram; 08-15-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo.
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
There's nothing about Galen (Starkiller) that cheapens Star Wars for me. Sure, he may have been extraordinarily strong in the Force, but his power was untamed. It controlled him, rather than him having control over it. This is why Luke became as great as he did: because he learned the ways of the Force in a timely, responsible manner, and eventually came to do even greater things than Galen ever could.

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classing with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.
Wile your reasoning is good I (and I'm sure many other people) just see Lukasarts latest products as a sort of "fan fiction". Something to "kill the time", but not really "canon"

With all of that being said I must admit TFU2 has me interested. Starkiller seems more mature and maybe will be likable this time around.

Also the guy making Yodas voice is... not... so... goooood...
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #14
Las
Rookie

hopefully the cut scene vocal sounds will be as screwed as on the first game, making me not hear what he says, but rather reading it from the subtitles. frank oz or gtfo
Las is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #15
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
I was hoping that Yoda would look like he did in ESB but just a little bit younger. The recent cinematic with him looks like it was not long after RoTS. Still excited to see Yoda in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classic with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.
^ I totally agree!

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #16
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
sweet scene, graphics quality is better, though I'm not fond of the way Starkiller was walking; looked robotic.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Raz Agul
Rookie

sweet thanx man
Raz Agul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Yoda