lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: General Q about the story line in TFU
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
thelazygent
Rookie

General Q about the story line in TFU

I have always wondered this. Did Starkiller know that Vader killed his father? If so then why would he become Vader's apprentice? How could you obey or become a slave to the man who destroyed your father?
thelazygent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Wrong forum. This is TFU 2 forum, not the 1st one.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Moved! And my guess is that he was too young to remember what happened, but don't know for sure.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
As a young boy in that situation, he really had nowhere else to turn. Once in Vader's possession/instruction, he became what he became.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Well, there is also Vader saving him from Imperial troops... gotta be pretty confusing for what looked like a 3-6 year old.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
NOVELIZATION SPOILERS

The novelization, unlike the game, begins with the immediate prelude to Starkiller's mission to Nar Shaddaa, rather than Vader finding him on Kashyyyk. The book explains around its halfway point that the apprentice didn't really know or care about where he came from, figuring that Vader had probably created him somehow in a biological experiment (which is kind of funny in light of the sequel's plot).

When he visits his old home that was trashed by Vader and the Empire, the apprentice has a Force vision where he sees the battle and his father's death from Vader's viewpoint. His first thought is to dismiss the vision as some kind of a fantasy with no real meaning, but the fact that he also has accurate visions of other events throws some doubt on this. He doesn't really seem to accept the flashback as complete truth until the climax of the book; before that point, he spends some time wondering what difference it made whether or not the Kashyyyk incident really happened.

As for why the apprentice would follow Vader from the perspective of the story as presented in the game, well, in Star Wars as well as fiction in general, people live through really horrible experiences and they get over it... but not always for the best. Still, while the novel outright states that he suppressed his memories of Kashyyyk, the game implies it, treating what he learns in the cutscene as if he never knew anything about his father.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 09-26-2010 at 07:23 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Another question...

I'm almost finished TFU1, and Organa says no one has risked open war, etc. yet Kota's crew was fighting what looked like a full scale battle in the first level, complete with Y-Wings flying around.

What's up with that?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Another question...

I'm almost finished TFU1, and Organa says no one has risked open war, etc. yet Kota's crew was fighting what looked like a full scale battle in the first level, complete with Y-Wings flying around.

What's up with that?
Sneak attacks--probably guillera (Dunno about spelling) rebels at work under Kota.

Your guess is still as good as mine. Right now, we don't know what's going in in TFU2.

Heh, we're like the Empire now. "Where the hell did that many rebels come from?!"

I am Kyle, one of the most powerful Sith Assassins in history, now a Jedi Knight with attitude.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

And really organized resistance started with the senatorial meeting (Amidala, Organa, and co.) soon after the Empire was declared.

I call nonsense.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
And really organized resistance started with the senatorial meeting (Amidala, Organa, and co.) soon after the Empire was declared.

I call nonsense.
Bail Organa defintely should appear in TFU2--he didn't die until Alderaan was blown up by the first Death Star. His SW wikia page says he helped the Rebellion with his political position and so on.

Organized resistance, I warrant, is part of TFU2. A very sneaky rebellion, at any rate (Yep, LOTR Sam-talk, lol).

I am Kyle, one of the most powerful Sith Assassins in history, now a Jedi Knight with attitude.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > General Q about the story line in TFU