lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: normal edition or CE ??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
notorious
Lurker

normal edition or CE ??

is the CE worthed ? because i don't care about the Usb stuff.... all i want is the skings and crystal so i was wondering if the skins or crystall will be available in DLC ?
notorious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
is the CE worthed ? because i don't care about the Usb stuff.... all i want is the skings and crystal so i was wondering if the skins or crystall will be available in DLC ?
I would think so. I don't know of anyway to find that out though before the release.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
All the more reason to wait for the price to drop on this one and see what DLC gets released.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
All the more reason to wait for the price to drop on this one and see what DLC gets released.
Yes... this is the logic I am trying to stick with.

I bought GTA4, Collectors Edition, for $29 at Micro Center, a year after it was released.

Problem: I like lightsabers better than cars and guns.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Problem: He uses 2 lightsabers backwards which looks stupid.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
deesnyder
Rookie

Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Problem: He uses 2 lightsabers backwards which looks stupid.
Problem: Maulkiller looks hilarious, both name and skin.

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977

Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Wait, refresh my memory. Is the difference between the regular edition and the collector's is that in the CE you get a Maul Killer skin and a silver lightsaber crystal?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 03:28 AM   #8
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Wait, refresh my memory. Is the difference between the regular edition and the collector's is that in the CE you get a Maul Killer skin and a silver lightsaber crystal?
You get Maulkiller and the Silver crystal if you preorder the either edition of the game at gamestop. But the CE has the "Ralph McQuarrie Deak Starkiller" skin and 3 'exclusive' challenge mode levels, which my sources refered to as "exclusive DLC". And of course it has some non-gameplay related extras like that USB which supposedly is filled with wallpapers and such and the fancy packaging.

Oh, and I found that if you preordered it from Amazon, you get 2 more exclusive challenge mode levels, which from the descriptions sound really cool.

I myself preordered the regular edition of the game from gamestop, so no bonus levels or awesome packaging for me, even though I really want the CE, since I'm alot more interested in it's extras than the extras I got with Halo Reach's Limited Edition, and since I got it I've been low on money(only got enough for the regular ed. atm) As long as I have TFU2 to give me a little break from Reach just until I can renew my XBL Gold then I'm cool. Gotta stop shooting people in the face, and start dicing up stormtroopers and clones!

"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
You get Maulkiller and the Silver crystal if you preorder the either edition of the game at gamestop. But the CE has the "Ralph McQuarrie Deak Starkiller" skin and 3 'exclusive' challenge mode levels, which my sources refered to as "exclusive DLC". And of course it has some non-gameplay related extras like that USB which supposedly is filled with wallpapers and such and the fancy packaging.

Oh, and I found that if you preordered it from Amazon, you get 2 more exclusive challenge mode levels, which from the descriptions sound really cool.

I myself preordered the regular edition of the game from gamestop, so no bonus levels or awesome packaging for me, even though I really want the CE, since I'm alot more interested in it's extras than the extras I got with Halo Reach's Limited Edition, and since I got it I've been low on money(only got enough for the regular ed. atm) As long as I have TFU2 to give me a little break from Reach just until I can renew my XBL Gold then I'm cool. Gotta stop shooting people in the face, and start dicing up stormtroopers and clones!
There is absolutely no way I am paying $20 more for that. I'll wait till the price drops.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Well, the argument for buying the CE is this - I paid another $30 for DLC on my PS3 for TFU. That was Hoth, Tatooine and the Jedi Temple. That on top of the original $50 I paid for the game, and it is a wash. CE available from Buy.com for $78.99 + shipping... So, still not sure.

The two lightsaber look may fail, but in a real fight I will take two sticks over one any day and twice on Sunday.

Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Old 10-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
There is absolutely no way I am paying $20 more for that. I'll wait till the price drops.
Yeah $20 extra is a little steep but I'd still want all that stuff to be a good Starwars fan. The thing is, nobody's seen what a Challenge Mode level is, so we don't know if the extra levels are worth it.

"All too easy."
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The Amazon preorder is looking far more worthwhile right now. Instead of a rather silly skin, you get two additional levels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Yeah the Maulkiller skin's pretty stupid. Nah. Very stupid. But, the crystal isn't so bad, it reduces how much force you use, which is pretty cool I guess, unless there's someway to get a much better crystal at some point in the game then it's worthless. Too bad I already preordered the game from GS and that I MUST have this game on Tuesday, and not delivered at a later time or else I would've gotten it from Amazon. Hopefully they release the other stuff as DLC later on though.

"All too easy."
Old 10-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I paid extra for the one-day shipping, although Amazon predicts it will arrive on the 28th. Two days is a small price to pay for a superior preorder bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Well... I sucked it up, ignored the cash crunch, and bought the CE from buy[dot]com.

Paid extra (like Z.N.^^^) for 2nd day shipping.

Has all three challenge mode maps, special skin and silver crystal, and the goofy lil' USB key. Plus a cool storybook and special case (ooooooooohhh)

I will report buyer's remorse when/if I experience it

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > normal edition or CE ??