lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wow...Some Pretty Bad Reviews
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #41
Kaweebo
Lurker
 
Kaweebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the Blagole
Posts: 6
Current Game: None at the moment.
Get KOTOR II on PC, then go to KOTOR mods.com. I swear to god, if you get all the free downloads of the stuff they cut from KOTOR II, I swear to god you will realize KOTOR II, if finished, is indeed a superior game to the first. Why they didn't just leave this crap in to begin with is questionable. But I did love KOTOR II.

As for TFU II though, they hyped it up to be this awesome game and it wasn't! Nothing was cut from it! Nothing good anyway, and it just made me angry that I wasted almost 100 dollars for a game that wasn't worth it.
Kaweebo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #42
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Finally got the game, and my quick summary review (haven't even finished the game)

The game now is a decent pc conversion, TFU 1 was shamefull in this department.

The graphics seem a bit better and more polished.

DMM still is overkill and just for show. You can bend the door shatter glass and so what? doesn't change anything in the way the game plays.

Euphoria is bit better with the AI doing some dodging stuff thrown at them in a cool way, but they still throw themselves without necessity sometimes and really aren't a threat to kill you, i've barely looked at my health bar after 2 levels (on normal difficulty)

Lightsaber strikes "flow", string together, a lot better now, it seems they took into consideration the fact that you are fighting enemys with a considerable advantage in numbers and now you can, hit one, then hit the one to the left, then move on to another etc... a lot more naturally, which is the biggest gameplay improvement i see.

Haven't seem the whole story, but it doesn't give me a lot to care about so far, the protagonist himself doesn't care...

Other than that it's more of the same, same rinse and repeat gameplay, clear the room go to next one...
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #43
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
DMM still is overkill and just for show. You can bend the door shatter glass and so what? doesn't change anything in the way the game plays.
It gives realism. It's the same as a game with great graphics, it doesn't affect the gameplay, and it's just for show. I don't see where's the problem with the game having DMM.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #44
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie
 
Mandalorian Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lusby, MD
Posts: 226
Yeah, is there any downloadable stuff for it?




"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #45
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
It gives realism. It's the same as a game with great graphics, it doesn't affect the gameplay, and it's just for show. I don't see where's the problem with the game having DMM.
The thing is, they put doors specially designed for that, to show, "look that's DMM!!!", everywhere else... it doesn't exist, totally useless technology IMO.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #46
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
And the ironic part is, the doors could've been much more easily done using ordinary animation and would've looked just as good. It's a neat gimmick, but it doesn't affect the actual gameplay in any way.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #47
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
And the ironic part is, the doors could've been much more easily done using ordinary animation and would've looked just as good. It's a neat gimmick, but it doesn't affect the actual gameplay in any way.

My point exactly, the game would be exactly the same without it.

Then again, this isn't the first game to go out of it's way to show it's new tech.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #48
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
The thing is, they put doors specially designed for that, to show, "look that's DMM!!!", everywhere else... it doesn't exist, totally useless technology IMO.
They can't use DMM everywhere. I can't talk about TFUII, but in TFU it was an interesting feature, and there were many objects that were affected by DMM. I don't recall one door that wasn't affected by DMM. Don't know why they changed this in the second one...

And then again, the DMM is not suppose to affect the gameplay. It's videogame eye-candy, just like good graphics. What's the surprise?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #49
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
There were plenty of non-DMM doors even in TFU1. And in that game it actually did affect gameplay - remember the wooden sniper nests on Kashyyyk? Or the carbonite hoses that you could rip out and spray imperials with?
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #50
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
remember the wooden sniper nests on Kashyyyk?
Those had DMM.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #51
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
My point exactly. They had DMM and it did affect the gameplay.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #52
Sir Phobos
Rookie
 
Sir Phobos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 95
Just started playing and while it's fun, it's lacking in complexity. I found it boring running around in circles around a giant robot trying to figure out how to press spacebar right lol. Neat game but not worth the 40 bux, another half baked Lucasarts title -great concept but absolutely no follow through.
Sir Phobos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #53
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
DMM was not not at all present in this game or just lacks complexity... Want proof??? Do a glass breaking comparison between the first 2 games... YOu'll notice the first one has more complexity where the glass literally "shatters" Where as in the second title, instead of fragmentation you get some weird outlined pieces that look like it was rendered using the Jedi Outcast engine... (quake3).

DMM does affect the gameplay... Like i said earlier hayden and the rest of the team used this to generate loads of hype around the release of the game... This obviously means that DMM and euphoria are both integral parts of the game....


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)

Last edited by deesnyder; 12-13-2010 at 04:40 AM.
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #54
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
I agree now, when looking back that TFU2 wasn't a TRUE successor to TFU1, but part of what it should have been was thrown out there. I'm saying that it is pretty good as it is, I still enjoy it and will have times where I just replay it along with TFU1, but it had the potential to be a lot more than it was.

The way I see things, is that storywise, TFU1 is great and TFU2 is just pretty good, and with a good TFU3, it will be the second crutch that will hold it up. I'm saying that TFU1 was good enough to stand on its own, but TFU2 can't as it relies on TFU1. In the Original Trilogy, ANH is great as it's the introduction to everything, but if you watched ESB, even without seeing ANH first, you'd still think it was a good movie, and even better after watching ANH, this isn't the case for TFU2. If you played TFU2 without playing TFU1, you'd think it was worse than if you did play TFU1. So TFU1 acts as a crutch unlike ANH which doesn't need to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot. For TFU3 to be successful, LA needs to go out with a bang. They need some answers that were unanswered in TFU2, and they need to fulfill the fans gameplay needs, such as making it longer. I honestly would have thought if in TFU2, that they gave a twist near or at the end of the game, such as Starkiller getting a vision, but not a vision of things from the first game, or like 5 minutes in the future like when he had a vision of him holding Juno during his fight with Vader. I'm thinking he should've had a vision of right after his "death" and what Vader and Palpatine did with him afterward, revealing whether or not he's a clone. Also, by lengthening the game for TFU3, I'm not sure how they would do that since it's so soon before ANH that there isn't that much time, and that it would be strange if Starkiller's going from planet to planet destroying random Imperial bases for no reason. They'd probably have to do what they did in TFU2 again, which was have a little amount of planets and locations, but have them spend a lot of time at each and split them up into sections, I'm not too sure about that part.

As for the saber thing, We used 1 for TFU1, and 2 for TFU2, and for TFU3 that doesn't mean now we should get a double-bladed lightsaber. While they are cool, it doesn't fit this game and the character. I thinking you should be able to switch between 1 and 2, both being equal in there own ways, like single-blade for more strong attacks with fewer enemies and dual-blade for speed and a lot of enemies. And make each boss fight have 2 different QTE scenarios depending on whether or not you're using 1 or 2 sabers. So it's not like 2 sabers - 1 saber = single blade. They would be 2 different styles, one style with 2 blades and one with 1, making 3 so it fits the name. What do you guys think of this idea?


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #55
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
I agree now, when looking back that TFU2 wasn't a TRUE successor to TFU1, but part of what it should have been was thrown out there. I'm saying that it is pretty good as it is, I still enjoy it and will have times where I just replay it along with TFU1, but it had the potential to be a lot more than it was.

The way I see things, is that storywise, TFU1 is great and TFU2 is just pretty good, and with a good TFU3, it will be the second crutch that will hold it up. I'm saying that TFU1 was good enough to stand on its own, but TFU2 can't as it relies on TFU1. In the Original Trilogy, ANH is great as it's the introduction to everything, but if you watched ESB, even without seeing ANH first, you'd still think it was a good movie, and even better after watching ANH, this isn't the case for TFU2. If you played TFU2 without playing TFU1, you'd think it was worse than if you did play TFU1. So TFU1 acts as a crutch unlike ANH which doesn't need to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot. For TFU3 to be successful, LA needs to go out with a bang. They need some answers that were unanswered in TFU2, and they need to fulfill the fans gameplay needs, such as making it longer. I honestly would have thought if in TFU2, that they gave a twist near or at the end of the game, such as Starkiller getting a vision, but not a vision of things from the first game, or like 5 minutes in the future like when he had a vision of him holding Juno during his fight with Vader. I'm thinking he should've had a vision of right after his "death" and what Vader and Palpatine did with him afterward, revealing whether or not he's a clone. Also, by lengthening the game for TFU3, I'm not sure how they would do that since it's so soon before ANH that there isn't that much time, and that it would be strange if Starkiller's going from planet to planet destroying random Imperial bases for no reason. They'd probably have to do what they did in TFU2 again, which was have a little amount of planets and locations, but have them spend a lot of time at each and split them up into sections, I'm not too sure about that part.

As for the saber thing, We used 1 for TFU1, and 2 for TFU2, and for TFU3 that doesn't mean now we should get a double-bladed lightsaber. While they are cool, it doesn't fit this game and the character. I thinking you should be able to switch between 1 and 2, both being equal in there own ways, like single-blade for more strong attacks with fewer enemies and dual-blade for speed and a lot of enemies. And make each boss fight have 2 different QTE scenarios depending on whether or not you're using 1 or 2 sabers. So it's not like 2 sabers - 1 saber = single blade. They would be 2 different styles, one style with 2 blades and one with 1, making 3 so it fits the name. What do you guys think of this idea?
I'm really happy for the fact that you finally see light... I too had my moments where i hated the game, then would re-install it thinking "let me see this from a different perspective". Gave it 3 chances till date but the flaws came screaming back in my face. I strongly agree with the last para... IT doesn't need to be a double bladed lightsaber... Instead let's have a single saber for more heavier stylish attacks and also the ability to switch to dual for faster attacks.. .JUst like ninja gaiden where we had the single sword and also the nun chaku...


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #56
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Did I miss something? Was there a word from LA about the third one featuring a double-bladed saber or something?
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #57
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Did I miss something? Was there a word from LA about the third one featuring a double-bladed saber or something?
Nah... Everyone figured Lucasarts is pretty much capable of pulling a ****ty stunt like that... Hah... Some dude here once said earlier that on TFU 3 Starkiller would hold two lightsabers and a third one in his mouth... Laughed my way to glory.


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #58
The-Seraphim
Rookie
 
The-Seraphim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: A Igloo in Canada
Posts: 55
Current Game: Starcraft 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Nah... Everyone figured Lucasarts is pretty much capable of pulling a ****ty stunt like that... Hah... Some dude here once said earlier that on TFU 3 Starkiller would hold two lightsabers and a third one in his mouth... Laughed my way to glory.
No he'll hold it in his toes Animated General Grievous style!
Show spoiler


"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #59
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie
 
Mandalorian Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lusby, MD
Posts: 226
MajinMikeyX, that was quite the thorough post you wrote. I do believe it was more complex than the storyline of TFU2 I think if they DO make a third TFU, it should be Juno and Marek running into some Vong'ese and having to fight 'em..

that way you can keep them alive past ANH, since the Rebellion and Empire didn't actually make contact with the Vong til 20+ years after Return of the Jedi.




"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #60
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian Mercenary View Post
MajinMikeyX, that was quite the thorough post you wrote. I do believe it was more complex than the storyline of TFU2 I think if they DO make a third TFU, it should be Juno and Marek running into some Vong'ese and having to fight 'em..

that way you can keep them alive past ANH, since the Rebellion and Empire didn't actually make contact with the Vong til 20+ years after Return of the Jedi.
I'm not sure about others, but to me that just seems kinda random. I think that for sure that Galen/Starkiller should be killed by the end of TFU3, even though I like his character a lot, it has to be done. Juno....maybe, but for sure Kota has to be alive since he's in BF: Elite Squadron helping out X2, even though I think that story is really stupid and really wish it was non-canon.

I was thinking for Starkiller's death, it would have to contrast the ending of ROTJ, with Palpatine overpowering Luke with lightning, and then Vader saves Luke by killing Palpatine. For TFU3, it can maybe be Palpatine overpowering Galen with lightning and then Vader helping Palpatine by executing Galen, even though that's just kind of dark and anti-climactic since it's just a murder basically. Then I thought it would be better if Galen and Palpatine to be challenging each other's lightning like at the end of TFU1 but this time Galen begins to gain the upper hand and then Vader sees and kills Galen.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2010, 02:52 AM   #61
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
I would go with something like this:

Trigger QTE, Starkiller all over Vader, looking like he has Vader on the back foot... and then surprise, Vader cuts his hand off and ran him through with his lightsaber!!!!

Then Vader stops and have a look at the body when a imperial captain (Needa ftw) come and says "Lord Vader we've located the ship with the Deathstar plans".

It would be a nice change of pace from the " a hero's ultimate sacrifice" thing lol
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #62
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
I actually really like that idea. Unfortunately, it's way too good for LA to use.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #63
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
I actually really like that idea. Unfortunately, it's way too good for LA to use.
Which one, Mandalorian Mercenary's, mstr kenobi's, or mine?


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #64
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
I would go with something like this:

Trigger QTE, Starkiller all over Vader, looking like he has Vader on the back foot... and then surprise, Vader cuts his hand off and ran him through with his lightsaber!!!!

Then Vader stops and have a look at the body when a imperial captain (Needa ftw) come and says "Lord Vader we've located the ship with the Deathstar plans".

It would be a nice change of pace from the " a hero's ultimate sacrifice" thing lol
Don't write stuff like this... LA will use it in the game and won't give you credit... Stupid Julio torres will end up taking all the limelight.


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2010, 06:49 AM   #65
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Don't write stuff like this... LA will use it in the game and won't give you credit... Stupid Julio torres will end up taking all the limelight.
Point taken lol

Btw, something just occurred me but i'll withold for now...
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #66
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Don't write stuff like this... LA will use it in the game and won't give you credit... Stupid Julio torres will end up taking all the limelight.
Of course. It's a conspiracy...



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Wow...Some Pretty Bad Reviews

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.