lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unusual problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
redshtef
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight: JA
Unusual problem

I installed Star Wars TFU Ultimate Sith Edition and the game won't start! Here's why: I used Daemon Tools to install the game (which was successful), and i mounted DVD 2 and started the game. Then it said to unmount all drives on DT(I don't know why). Then I couldn't start the game beacuse it said that I need DVD 2. I burned all in the MDF file on DVD-DL, the I put it into the computer, I started the game and it said that I need DVD 2.
redshtef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Because you are using a "mounting" software, the game will see that and think you are trying to use a pirated / copied version of the game?.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
redshtef
Rookie

Any suggestions how solve it?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Put the original disk in the drive or you wont be able to play im afraid.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
redshtef
Rookie

That might be a problem. You see, I downloaded the game from the internet. Plus, I don't know if there is original in CROATIA.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
shinebox
Lurker

I had the same problem. Aspyr Support actually responded to me and said you need to remove all mounted and virtual drives (I had to unplug my external hard drive and it worked). They also mentioned you need to make your virus scans like Norton, etc aren't blocking. Here's there response:

"If you are receiving an error message upon launch that says something to the effect of
"please insert disk" (even if the disk is inserted), you are very likely
experiencing a conflict with the copy protection software on the disk itself. Any
software that places virtual drives on your system (for the purpose of disk imaging, CD
burning, download managers, even some antiviruses and firewalls) WILL cause this issue. Example software would be DaemonTools, Alcohol 120, GameJack, CloneCD, GetRight, Agnitum Outpost Firewall, Panda Antivirus, or Norton Antivirus. Please uninstall these titles, or at the very least disable them in your Task Manager."
shinebox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
DarthSlinky
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft II
I don't think its possible, if it is its probably not worth the effort.

The solution buy the game, its like 30 bucks, and if you have a computer that can play the game at a descent frame rate, you do have money to buy the game.

Don't be a

ps. not all virtual drive managers conflict with it, PowerISO works

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
zogman
Lurker

I purchased Force unleashed and the game will not load. I am using an external DVD - USB, but internal HD. Installation went fine. I get the splash screen, select the screen resolution then receive an error indicating that I need to turn-off/remove virtual drives. I have none loaded. I did have them , but they've been uninstalled for a while.

As this is my kids Christmas present I'd REALLY like some help :-]
zogman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Just use a crack. I routinely crack my legit games exactly because of this kind of annoyance.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Troubleshooting > Unusual problem