lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Adding Classes to classes.2da
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
aadrenter
Rookie

Adding Classes to classes.2da

I'm currently working on restricting certain custom items to specific party members via changing their classes to my own custom classes. I have successfully done this one time, but I can't seem to do it again! Does the game not recognize row labels above 9 for classes.2da?

Completed Mods:
Survival Mask
Current WIP:
Flightsuit Mod
aadrenter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
K1 or TSL?

And how are you testing them to tell if they're working?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
aadrenter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
K1 or TSL?

And how are you testing them to tell if they're working?
Sorry, this is for KotOR 1. Basically I'm restricting an item to my new custom class (Warrior, row label 10). But when I get it in game the description says restricted to Pilot (row label 9). It's acting like the game can't understand class references with two digits.

Completed Mods:
Survival Mask
Current WIP:
Flightsuit Mod
Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
Malxados
Rookie

Oh, wait, I may know what your problem is. These are pre-existing items (or copies of them) you're editing, yes? Have you tried ignoring the description and testing the actual item restriction?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
aadrenter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
Oh, wait, I may know what your problem is. These are pre-existing items (or copies of them) you're editing, yes? Have you tried ignoring the description and testing the actual item restriction?
I figured it out, it was just a simple mistake on my part. I changed the costvalue but not the subtype in my uti file. Sorry for bothering and thanks for the responses!

Completed Mods:
Survival Mask
Current WIP:
Flightsuit Mod
Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
DeathScepter
Rookie

just curious, how did you add those classes? For example, what confounds me at the moment is the number to add the Name?

I am going for a Jedi Sentinel/Scout Hybrid class for right now. For example, Jedi Sentinel is 355 in the name. I do hope I am clear. Do I need to re install Kotor 1 or Kotor Tool if I don't have the File?

Currently I have Kotor Tool. Do I need any other program?
DeathScepter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #7
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathScepter View Post
just curious, how did you add those classes? For example, what confounds me at the moment is the number to add the Name?

I am going for a Jedi Sentinel/Scout Hybrid class for right now. For example, Jedi Sentinel is 355 in the name. I do hope I am clear. Do I need to re install Kotor 1 or Kotor Tool if I don't have the File?

Currently I have Kotor Tool. Do I need any other program?
Assuming I understand what you mean:

The number in the "name" column of classes.2da refers to an entry in the dialog.tlk file. So, to make a new name you would use a tool like TalkEd (let me know if you need help finding this) to create a new entry, make the text value of that entry be what you want the name to be. Then, you set the value in the "name" column to be the number of your new entry in the dialog.tlk file. Let me know if you need any help

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
DeathScepter
Rookie

alrighty then I will do that
DeathScepter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Adding Classes to classes.2da