lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vurt's retextures
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #121
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBob12 View Post
I prefer the previous ones but the new ones are still good if you like a less technical approach. Also when will the K2 reskin of the Ebon Hawk be on Kotor Files?
I'm not sure what happened to the K2 version, it was in the K2 upload que, but it has now disappeared, and I'm not sure why...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #122
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
WoW...i'm speechless...i think it will take me a week to take all this in...really im not kidding. Great job =)

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #123
νυrτ
Rookie

My TSL mod got rejected because it eventually expired from the upload que.

I think i will use Multiupload from now on. It's just so much easier to manage + much quicker (mod will be available within minutes instead of days or weeks, also, i often make updates to my mods - this would be a big hassle for me with KOTOR-files, unfortunately).

I'll post upload links in the release forum for the new Ebon Hawk and eventually the exterior texture overhaul. OR if you happen know a mod site (like TESNEXUS, but for KOTOR) without moderated authorization i can use that site, but i'm unsure if such site exists.
νυrτ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #124
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by νυrτ View Post
My TSL mod got rejected because it eventually expired from the upload que.
Sorry νυrτ if you re-upload I'll get it up, I've been moving around from country to country over the Christmas period, so was tyring to do KotOR Files reviews while balancing real life, and I actually wanted to take the time to do a longer review for your mod...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #125
νυrτ
Rookie

i can upload it to kotor-files to later on, it's probably better the longer i wait in case i might redo the texture.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #126
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
νυrτ, may I just say that you are God? I just looked through all of your skins, and they are pure awesomeness. How do you make them so hi-res?

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #127
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
I have no words for this excellent work!
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #128
Jaevyn
Banned

I have no words except, release them!
Jaevyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #129
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Any chance that you are going to do this kind of thing for the original KotOR?

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #130
d3sd0
Rookie

Wow i am looking at this on my phone and this is impeccable. The quality and beauty is mindblowing. But one thing I voted 2 eventhough its too late. But imo on Korriban the "cracked" mud doesn't quite fit in as its cracked mud and there obviously hasn't been any rain/water on korriban in a while.... but if you keep the cracked mud make it less numerous...big that makes sense.

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #131
Lord2
Rookie

KotOR II goes from a bad looking game to an awesome one... When this will all be released!

Also, your Ebon Hawk textures... I understand where you're going with the glow but I think it's a bit too much.

Meh...
Lord2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #132
νυrτ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sd0 View Post
Wow i am looking at this on my phone and this is impeccable. The quality and beauty is mindblowing. But one thing I voted 2 eventhough its too late. But imo on Korriban the "cracked" mud doesn't quite fit in as its cracked mud and there obviously hasn't been any rain/water on korriban in a while.... but if you keep the cracked mud make it less numerous...big that makes sense.
There are still plants on Korriban, though very few and quite dried out, so there must have been water not too long ago, otherwise the plants would have withered away completely.. I can try some different textures for the ground though, can't recall right now how the original texture looked.

Sithspecter: i might do a texture pack for KOTOR1 too, can't promise anything though.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #133
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Love it, can't wait for the release.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #134
JediExile
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Looking forward to downloading this!

*crosses her fingers* I hope you do K1! That would be fantastic!

Revenge of Revan || Deadly Streams || Follow me on Twitter!

"Hey! You talk to her with a bit of respect in your voice or you'll end this conversation minus a few teeth! Got it?" -Carth Onasi
"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." -Atton Rand

JediExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #135
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Just because Korriban is a sith planet, that doesn't mean it should have no weather, does it? It IS a desert planet, but surely deserts have rain, and presumably when it does rain it would be heavy enough to create mud in an area being churned up and dug up by the Sith... But we should also remember that (if my memory of these games is correct), Korriban has been abandoned for a very long time - so any dark side effect on the planet itself should have at least started to fade away.

But gorgeous textures here mate, honestly starting to worry about how my relatively new rig will play this 6 year old game... keep up the excellent work, TSL will soon become practically a next-gen game at this rate... incredible!

And for the record, if im wrong and Korriban does have no weather, im catching the next flight there, British weather gets old very quickly...
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #136
d3sd0
Rookie

Yes as well as that cracked mud usually occurs in dry rover beds...
Dun dun dun korriban under water...

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #137
νυrτ
Rookie

Kind of lost interest in playing K2, which unfortunately has lead to that i havent been modding it lately either. I might return to modding this, it's not uncommon for me to completely lose interst in stuff, just to return to it weeks or months later. In case i won't i'm releasing what i've done so far.

http://www.multiupload.com/C7AMP7P2NZ
Old 01-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #138
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
In case I won't, I'm releasing what I've done so far.

Thanks for releasing what you have completed. I've seen other projects come and go which had great stuff in it that didn't get released (with an abundance of material) and the author was never heard from again. Thanks for not doing that!

I hope your interest in the game gets revived because I'm loving what you've accomplished so far and would love to see some more work.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #139
Lord2
Rookie

That's sad to hear, νυrτ.

I think, I speak for all when I say that it's wonderful that you release your work so far at least.

Meh...
Lord2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #140
νυrτ
Rookie

I also really dislike when modders just disapears, instead of releasing what they've done, it could be used as resources for other mods etc, it's such a waste. Hopefully i'll get my interest back and i'll make the mod a bit more complete than what it is.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #141
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
You'll be back....

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #142
Jaevyn
Banned

I have to applaud that you are releasing what you have done. Too few modders when they give up for a while release what they've done just incase they aren't coming back. So succinctly put.
Jaevyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #143
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaevyn View Post
I have to applaud that you are releasing what you have done. Too few modders when they give up for a while release what they've done just incase they aren't coming back. So succinctly put.
QFT

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #144
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
I also really dislike when modders just disapears, instead of releasing what they've done, it could be used as resources for other mods etc, it's such a waste. Hopefully i'll get my interest back and i'll make the mod a bit more complete than what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaevyn View Post
Just because I know deep down it applies to me, I'll put in my

In my case, I slowly dropped out of the modding world (of the KOTOR series) due to a combination of a lack of interest and my inability to actually work - Windows 7 crippled my ability to actually use the games, however I did eventually get them to start working. For some reason, KOTOR Tool also would not work, ergo there goes my major source of work material. NWMax suffered the same fate as KTool, so there goes my models I had planned for the games. My only method of working was making a skin, and only skins I could make were skins I already had on my harddrive and skins I asked some people for. In addition, a lot of the skins and mods I had been working on were lost in my transfer of data from XP to W7 (got a new HD, a whole tb, so I took a lot of my important files along for the ride. However, my biggest and best 2 projects that were fairly close to completion (Anakin and Atris robes) were mostly lost. (had a couple skins left over for the Anakin mod, post-Drewton edits, had a 3ds max file that included Anakin's head. Also had all the item files for the atris robes remaining. For some unexplained reason I had the utis and skins in seperate folders) So, there went my best projects that were near completion, and with the inability to do a lot of work on them, I completely dropped out. Then, recently, I think J7 posted some work and I decided that I would give it a shot again, which was my latest post in my WIP thread, with the crowbar. I fully intended to get it ingame and fully functioning. Thats when I discovered my nwmax refused to work. I just gave up and retired to gaming. Then some of my friends from school decided to let me in on their ideas for video games, and with our combined knowledge (my knowledge of modeling and photoshop, friend1's knowledge of the Unreal Development Kit, friend2's knowledge of programming) we decided to brainstorm some pretty ambitious projects (among them a crime thriller in the same vein as Heavy Rain, a remake of Deus Ex (), and a unique (albeit somewhat cliched) idea involving the mafia and becoming a hitman following the aftermath of a drunken rampage after losing all your money at a craps table) and we'll hopefully get those done.)

My second excuse for not doing any modding work is real life. Been focusing more on actually passing this year, as in a couple days I'm going to be having my first ever AP exams, for Physics and Programming.

Now, you might be asking why I don't release my skins and models as source material. That's a simple question really. I have no inspiration to. My skins aren't really that special, its you guys who made them out to be. Most of my recent (if you can still call them that ) skins is a bloom effect that went right and created more realistic hair, or better/smoother shading for cloth. A simple tutorial, perhaps 5-10 steps depending on how specific I want to get, would allow pretty much everyone who doesn't yet know about my trick to make skins that are reminiscent of my own.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #145
nathanlhicks
Lurker

Vurt Textures Available?

Does anyone have Kurt's amazing textures? I would love to install them on my K1 and 2!
nathanlhicks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #146
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Nathanhicks, I've just e-mailed νυrτ to see if he can re-post his mods somewhere a little more permanent than multiupload. If and when he responds, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, you haven't missed the mods he has over at KotorFiles though.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #147
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Nathanhicks, I've just e-mailed νυrτ to see if he can re-post his mods somewhere a little more permanent than multiupload. If and when he responds, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, you haven't missed the mods he has over at KotorFiles though.
If he doesnt use that email anymore, I can contact him on skyrim nexus. He still mods that game.
Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #148
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanlhicks View Post
Does anyone have Kurt's amazing textures? I would love to install them on my K1 and 2!
I planned to upload the Exterior Textures tonight but I need to have some screenshots to go with them. I'd like to have a few of each of the planets enhanced by this mod. If anyone can assist me with this, please PM me. I'll forward you an address to which you can send the pictures of νυrτ's mod in action!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #149
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Kind of lost interest in playing K2, which unfortunately has lead to that i havent been modding it lately either. I might return to modding this, it's not uncommon for me to completely lose interst in stuff, just to return to it weeks or months later. In case i won't i'm releasing what i've done so far.

http://www.multiupload.com/C7AMP7P2NZ
Can somebody send me a link that works? Thank you!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #150
Sith Holocron
M4-78

One will be up shortly. Give me a few moments.

It's up now over there. Links in my next post in this thread.

Last edited by Sith Holocron; 07-06-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #151
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
One will be up shortly. Give me a few moments.

It's up now over here.
I hit download and there are no files. o_O
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #152
Sith Holocron
M4-78

There was an error due to the file being too large. (My apologies, folks!) I've now split the package into two parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by Sith Holocron; 07-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #153
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Which weren't working either since our upload system severly dislikes the ' icon in filenames.

So I've removed them (and the droid one, which wasn't working either) until SH can re-upload them with a proper working name... which may take a while depending on when he gets better...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #154
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Apparently our uploader doesn't like apostrophes in file names. I've changed the file names and have re-uploaded the files. The links above work now.

Sorry about all of the errors, folks. In the midst of all of this, I found out that I have to have surgery on Monday so I guess I've been a bit brain-addled.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #155
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Apparently our uploader doesn't like apostrophes in file names. I've changed the file names and have re-uploaded the files. The links above work now.

Sorry about all of the errors, folks. In the midst of all of this, I found out that I have to have surgery on Monday so I guess I've been a bit brain-addled.
No worries SH. Good luck in surgery.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #156
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
Hope it's nothing serious.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #157
νυrτ
Rookie

Some random upcoming retextures for KOTOR1. Like always 2048 or higher textures.

Last edited by νυrτ; 06-02-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #158
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Haha welcome back! Nice work as always!

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #159
Sith Holocron
M4-78

When they are done, they'll be welcome at Deadly Stream. They may as well join your other mods...

Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #160
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Nice work!

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Vurt's retextures