Thread: quick gender clarification
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
decalibron
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
quick gender clarification

hey, this can probably be answered fairly quickly, but i've looked around, and haven't found anything about species being able to be played in both genders. I really like the Mirialans, but i haven't found anything that talks about whether both male and female mirialans can be played for both consulars and troopers (which just happens to be the two classes i want to play!) any thoughts? so far, i haven't seen squat about male mirialans for the trooper OR the consular class.

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity.”
-Konrad Adenauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
1. Reschedule the game release [Light side]
2. Go ahead with release [Neutral]
3. Destroy Activision-Blizzard's offices, massacre their employees, eat their children and abduct their women [Dark side]
decalibron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Well, Bioware confirmed that every class will have a male and a female voice actor, and they don't really have a reason to limit races to one gender, so I'd say it's safe to assume both genders will be playable for all classes.

Nice signature, BTW.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
decalibron
Rookie

lol ok thanks, just checking.
and i meant no offense by it, i'll take it off if you like. i was inspired to quote people from the person who quoted ASillyNoob, but i didn't mean to be rude.

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity.”
-Konrad Adenauer
Quote:
3. Destroy Activision-Blizzard's offices, massacre their employees, eat their children and abduct their women [Dark side]
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
Chanilla
Lurker

Current Game: N/A...yet!
That would really grind my gears... I see no reason for them to do that, unless for whatever reason it played into the story... ie one sex was forced to do kitchen-work, etc., and never let out of the house. I am already kind of irked by the fact that we our class decisions are dependent on what side we choose... however, I'm not picky. Like the first poster, I think you're good.

Imperial Agent : Official LMU Crew
Want to get in shape? CoolFit is no-nonsense, no gimmicks, and WILL get you the body you want!
Chanilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
Morrow66
Lurker

Current Game: Planetside
Pretty sure that each race has both Genders although if they would of included more races from Starwars then some races are only one gender.
Morrow66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #6
decalibron
Rookie

Yea, but the only race with only one gender I can think of off the top of my head are the Hutts, and I'm sure they aren't a playable class. :P Thanks for clarifying, though.

-Konrad Adenauer
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #7
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Just had a good Scout around as I'm quite interested too, the website hasn't officially been updated much about the full span of playable races yet, but from what i gather from developers and post counts the general consensus is...

Mirialan - Appears up to now in: Avatar, Concept Art, Kotor II, Screenshot, Timeline, ToP.

Playable Classes: Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, Trooper.
Appearance: Male, Female.
Customization: Facial Tattoos: 1, 2. Skin Pigmentation: Green, Yellow-Green, Yellow.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/inhabitants/mirialan

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Haven't read the thread, but I'll answer the thread title anyway: Look down your pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #10
decalibron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Haven't read the thread, but I'll answer the thread title anyway: Look down your pants.
STATUS: gender affirmed. Roger that, pErvErt_.217 confirmed male. looked down my pants, as per instructions, everything undoubtedly in order.

-Konrad Adenauer
Quote:

Last edited by decalibron; 08-13-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
Deft Aklin
Retired Dark Jedi

LFN Staff Member 
http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War..._Republic_Wiki

That site has only been updated with confirmed information from Devs. So it will tell you each classes confirmed playable species. It will not denote whether they can be male or female as I think it's generally known if you can play the race you can pick the gender.

Minister of Propaganda - The Endbringers
Formerly Deft Aklin - Regent of Dark Sovereignty/The Endbringers of Starsider
“The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him;
Not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.” –The Art of War, Sun Tzu

wevegotcookies.com
Deft Aklin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Origin Worlds > quick gender clarification