lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #81
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
"No she wouldn't," Tavaryn countered, trying to ignore the blush for Alriana's sake. "Belina is fair and knows war. She trusted you to be in command in her absence. She knows that you would make the best possible choice."

They had reached the turbolift and Tavaryn opened it. Giving the lift it's directions, he let out the breath he was holding and leaned against the wall of the lift. Taking deep breaths hurt a little too much with what he was sure was cracked and nearly fried insides. He smiled to alleviate any concern Alriana would have and said, "I guess I'll be hiding from the CMO for the rest of this trip," making light of the fact that he would do anything to stay away from a bacta tank.

The Chaser rocked as it took one of three hits. The captain of the vessel asked for the report. The pilot said, "Three proton torpedoes, one direct hit. Shields down to 60% and structural integrity is holding. Minor fluctuations in the power grid."

"Weapons?"

"Still functional sir," came over the comm.

The captain then said, "Tactical, prepare to fire. Take the shots you can. Helm you will execute the Omega maneuver."

The pilot looked at the captain and grinned, "Yes sir."

Today may be a good day to die.

The Chaser did and about face and headed straight towards the vessel at a manaical speed. The turbolasers locked on and were firing. The ship was not going to stop from the looks of it.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #82
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
(Who exactly is the Chaser pursuing?)

Silver Eagle

"Understood. Kaltas out." Komad replied, opening a channel with Avalon, assuming communications hadn't been compromised in the attack. "This is Jedi Master Komad Kaltas. I've just received word from Amshrey. Reinforcements are en route."

Avalon

As soon as she was dressed again, Lenatha joined the group outside, having always wondered what "Water Bending" entailed, especially if didn't require strength in the Force, something they all knew Andorra lacked.

Last edited by Alkonium; 03-16-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #83
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
((The chaser is pursuing Varith))

Lady Governor Padme Lilah Starlighter listened to the signal that somehow managed to get through all the interference. She had sent her daughter with her niece to the Takeshi Forest to appeal to Lord Tristan. They would be able to beat this. She informed Belina, "Admiral, we are getting reinforcements. We should fall back to the keep at Stone Bend."

The Avalonian warriors who had not been killed in the bombardment were fighting the Sith enemy with as much ferocity as a Mandalorian.

Tiye directed her ships to move out. She could only hope that they were not too late. Then again, the tribesman would give the enemy hell.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #84
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Please do," Andorra said quickly. "The heat of battle might not be the best time to conduct training, but I know I need it. Also, as much as I hate to admit this, I still remember some of the moves from the skorost' fighting technique that I employed as Andirrul. If I use that, the Sith won't know what hit them, but I'd rather do so as a last resort than as a first choice."
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #85
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"In case you haven't noticed cousin, we are not exactly in battle. Lord Tristan knows when best to strike," Taryn replied as he pulled off his boots and jumped calf deep into the freezing water.

He was drenched however by a wave of water that crashed on top of him. He turned to glare at his older twin who was smirking at him. "Very mature Big Brother," he growled.

"Consider it payback lil brother," Tonatius replied still grinning. He turned to Andorra and noticed the expression on her face. He said, "Don't worry Cousin. It takes years of practice to utilize that move with minimal movement. What you are going to learn is the basics and you'll find that you may know more than you think. All it really entails is being able to chanel your sentou within. You with me so far?

Old 03-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #86
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"I think so," Andorra said, "but sometimes it's hard for me to concentrate. Especially when I don't know if the Sith are going to spring some sort of pre-emptive attack on us." Her eyes were still moist, and her hair disheveled. "I'm going to try my best to learn whatever you have to teach me. Let's begin..."
Old 03-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #87
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tonatius nodded. "Don't think about the attack. Right now it is only us." He noticed Lenatha approaching and motioned her to have a seat on the bank. He took his own boots off and waded into the river to his calves. He shook his head in an amused way as he watched his brother playing with the water, bending it like a ribbon flying in the wind. He said to Andorra, "Take your boots off and wade into the river until you are waist deep. The only reason Taryn and I are not in as deep is because this lesson is to help you understand the movement of water."

"That and beginners need all the help they can get. So the deeper the better," Taryn drawled as he continued to bend the water, moving his hands and body as if he were in a complicated dance.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #88
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I guess I'll be hiding from the CMO for the rest of this trip,"

"I don't blame you. I've had a few encounters with the bacta-tank on the Ackbarsince I've come onboard and to be honest it smells a bit off...even for a bacta tank." Alriana replied as the turbolift took them closer to the bridge.

"I hope the bridge crew is alright." Alriana said quietly. "That ship we were fighting had weapons I've never seen before and they were targeting the bridge."

Varith sighed and watched as the enemy fighter came closer and closer at high speeds while firing it's turbolasers. For the first time in a long time he was uncertain as to what to do about the ship racing towards him.

With only a few seconds left he did the only thing he could think of. He targeted the area in front of the ship and hit the area it would be traveling through with everything he could fire.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #89
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tavaryn chuckled. "The last time we talked about bacta, I was in a similar situation," he glanced at his left shoulder, "Except in this case I ended up with a hole from a sniper rifle and deep fried insides." He gave a short laugh as he rested against the wall. He found out in the past two years that humor was a good stress reliever.

"I hope the bridge crew is alright." Alriana said quietly. "That ship we were fighting had weapons I've never seen before and they were targeting the bridge."

Tavaryn thought a moment and said, "Well take out the bridge and you can take out the ship." He then had a moment of panic as he realized that if Alriana had been on the bridge and it were destroyed, then she would have died too. The thought of it sent a spasm across his chest. At the moment, he was glad that leaning against the wall hid it or he could attribute it to his injuries. It seemed forever until they reached the bridge level.

When the door opened, Tavaryn stepped out first. He had strapped his sword to his belt and was carrying his lightsaber in his hand. He looked around to make sure that there were no enemies about before motioning that it was okay to come out. He cleared the way to the bridge door and tapped on it. He said, "Looks like it's been sealed. I suppose you have the codes to bypass lockdown?"

The Chaser continued on its course even though the barrage of firepower was coming at them. The captain stood on his bridge looking and said, "Release the torpedo."

The order was given and the tactical officer pressed a button. If anything, it would give the enemy considerable damage and it was locked on. Nothing would deter it.

The Chaser hurtled toward the enemy fire as it released its final weapon. The sun would set upon the Chaser but it will give one helluva last stand.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #90
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Looks like it's been sealed. I suppose you have the codes to bypass lockdown?"

Alriana moved past Tavaryn and nodded. "Since I've been on board the Admiral has changed the code twice at my request." She entered the code and the bridge doors slid open and Alriana quickly rushed in.

The bridge was a mess, but at least it was still there.

"Hello? Is anyone still alive up here?"

A half dozen heads popped up and then science officer Koral and the others sighed in relief. "Jedi Haltra! We assumed that you were dead! I'm glad to see I was mistaken."

He then looked over at Tavaryn and then looked back at Alriana. "Excuse me Jedi Haltra, but may I ask who your friend is? I don't think I've seen him before."

Varith's tactical computer started beeping showing that the enemy ship had gotten a lock on him. He knew that he would most likely have to draw on the force to help him out of this because whoever this pilot was, he was good.

Releasing spare parts...now!

Varith's fighter shot upward just as the torpedo soared toward him and it left a trail of spare parts in it's wake. hopefully it would be enough to confuse the torpedo and allow him to get away.

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 03-16-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #91
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Andorra waded into the cool, flowing water, only caring a fraction of a bit that her new battle clothes were getting soaked. I'm a warrior, she reminded herself, and not just some pampered princess that faints all the time. That was then, but this is now, and I only fainted because of that stupid corset! She steeled herself against the current and tilted her head towards Taryn and Tonatius. "All right--what's the first thing I need to know?" Out of the corner of her eye, she saw distant figures moving up ahead...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #92
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tavaryn raised a brow. He was not surprised that he wasn't that well known. It was a big ship after all and he suspected that Belina may have hand picked which men she wanted trained under him. He answered, "Tavaryn Onashi, hand to hand combat and weaponsmaster. My understanding is that it is about the equivalent of a lieutenant." Then as if to reassure the officer he said, "Don't worry. I think few know I actually exist on board outside those who trained under me."

Just then Selene burst onto the bridge brandishing her weapon accompanied by a couple of Tavaryn's men and one other Mandalorian soldier. She looked around ready to shoot. Tavaryn had to make a leap to prevent the bridge crew from firing at them. "Whoa there! It's okay. Friendlies."

"Damn straight," Selene remarked as she removed her helmet. "Whew taking out Sith is my idea of fun."

Tavaryn gave a slight eye roll. He muttered to her under gritted teeth, "Couldn't you have been a little less enthusiastic?"

Selene looked at him and said loudy while giving him a pat that sent a pain spasm across his ribs, "This is battle mate. Besides, this was our last stop. The ship is all cleared of Sith. Just reporting in to your pretty Jedi friend. All clear Jedi Alriana, need any further assistance? Repair crew?"

Tonatius noticed the figures and said, "Relax. Tribesmen warming up. Ignore it and listen to my voice."

Taryn had moved so that he was in a good view in front of Andorra. She would have to watch him once she figured it out. Proper movement was important.

Tonatius nodded and continued, "Close your eyes. Free your mind. Listen to the water. Feel it splash over your skin. Let it speak to you, to your soul." He then became silent. This was something that she had to do with minimal distraction.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #93
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Despite herself, Andorra began to laugh. "I--I'm so sorry, Cousin! All that the water seems to be telling me right now is that I'm cold and wet, and shivering like it was the middle of winter! My underclothes are clinging to--!"

Then it hit her. Vortex was the first word that came to her mind, and then swirling. Pool. Current. She closed her eyes in the midst of the silence, and then another thought came. Andorra decided to voice it aloud:

"The current's too strong. How am I supposed to control the water with my mind? I don't have the ability to use the Force anymore. It got lost when I began to let go of Darth Virul and his possession. That was the exchange I had to make--my power for my life, and my humanity. The water speaks to me, but as a guide, not as something to be manipulated. What to do now?"
Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #94
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"Please Cousin, don't you remember lesson one about the Force? The Force is in all of us, though for some a barely measurable whisper," Taryn replied annoyed.

Tonatius held up his hand to forestall anything else Taryn might say. He said in the same gentle tones that sounded like water running down a brook, almost as if he were the water speaking to her, "It is not the Force that bends us youngling. Bending comes from within, deep in you soul. We are not manipulated, we are bended. Touch us and feel the current through your fingers move with it."

Taryn listened to the conversation with interest. He could hear water and converse with it in his mind but never was able to speak for it. He briefly wondered what it was like to speak for water but it was telling him to listen right now.

Tonatius continued to speak for water, trying to reach Andorra, "Water is powerful. It can wash away earth, put out fire, and even destroy iron. It is life and it is death."

Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #95
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"This is battle mate. Besides, this was our last stop. The ship is all cleared of Sith. Just reporting in to your pretty Jedi friend. All clear Jedi Alriana, need any further assistance? Repair crew?"

"I think we could use a repair crew to work on the hyperdrive and the weapons. After that the Ackbar is most likely going to be stuck in drydock for awhile while we repair the damage to the hull."

She turned toward the bridge crew and began to issue orders. "Now that those enemy ships are gone we can begin sending troops down to the planet to show the sith that we mean business." She activated the ship wide communications system and began speaking.

"Attention all troops! This is jedi Haltra. As of now Sith forces have landed on Avalon and are attempting to take the planet. All troops are to report to the landing craft and drive the sith forces away once you land. Once you are on the surface you are also ordered to locate Admirals Belina and Garja. That is all."

"Admiral, we are getting reinforcements. We should fall back to the keep at Stone Bend."

Belina motioned Garja over and then nodded. "By now, the Ackbar should be dispatching troops. As soon as I find my comnlink I'll instruct them to land at Stone Bend with your permission."
Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #96
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Governor Starlighter, nodded and tossed over a comlink to Belina. "You can use this." She then brandished her short sword and scanned the terrain. "There are more troops at the keep and I believe we will have help from Lord Tristan."

Caleos had watched the exchange between the two warriors and could tell that the Bushida warrior was clearly agitated that someone threatened his mate and would have probaly engaged in a fight to the death. He watched as the nobleman dragged out his family and thought it for the best since it was obvious that there would be a war within the ranks as well as with the enemy. He spoke up to Kalla, "Jedi Kaltas, we need to organize the check in point. The various commanders will come and let us know when they are ready. I could use your help."

"No problem," Selene replied as she keyed her comm. She barked something that was a mixture of Avalonian and Mandalorian. "Davin is the best we've got. He'll rigg up enough power to reach dry dock."

"Glad to hear of it," Tavaryn muttered as he sat on a console, trying to hide his bout with pain. Selene had a way of agitating things and he wondered often if she did it on purpose, as if she was making it her personal mission to make him tough.

"Sir, do you wish us to head down to the surface as well?" One of his men looked at him expectantly.

"How many are left Tariq?"

"Lost a few with the grenade on med deck. Some injuries, easily taken care of. We're ready to go on your say so sir," Tariq replied.

Tavaryn nodded, "Round everyone up including the juniors and meet me in the hangar bay...in about 30 minutes."

"Yes sir," Tariq replied with a salute and turned on his heel to leave in a rapid retreat.

Selene watched him leave and commented, "Either they are afraid of me or they are afraid of you Shinigami. Well I'm heading back to my ship and we'll drop onto the surface. Later."

Tavaryn gave a nod and breathed a sigh of relief. He gently rotated his sore arm trying to get the muscles working despite the shoulder wound. He said to Alriana, "No rest for the weary I guess." He gave a grin but his mind spoke volumes, Barely five minutes of conversation and off to battle again. The life of a warrior I guess.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #97
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Silver Eagle

"Governor Starlighter, we're en route to Avalon now. We should be rendezvousing with you in a few minutes." Iyav sent to the governor's office, which despite the damage sustained during the bombardment, still managed to maintain communications.

Avalon

Kalla watched with great interest as her boyfriend and his brother instructed Andorra in the ways of Water Bending. In the five years she'd known him, including two as his girlfriend, Tonatius had never explained much of it to her. She sat next to Lenatha, and said, "This should be interesting, I don't know much about it myself."

"Tonatius never explained it to you?" Lenatha asked.

"No. It must be a closely guarded family secret or something." Kalla replied.

Changing the subject, Lenatha asked, "I know you and Andorra were girlfriends before ... Virul. Do you ever wonder what would have been happened if things were different?"

"Sometimes, but then I remember that if I hadn't lost Andorra, Tonatius and I would still just be friends, and you wouldn't be the one who married her in the end." Kalla explained.

As Caelos approached, Kalla stated, "I'll see what I can do." She then followed Caelos back to the warroom. As leader of the "group", she figured she should be there.

(I'm surprised I managed to write all this while drunk!)

Last edited by Alkonium; 03-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #98
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"There are more troops at the keep and I believe we will have help from Lord Tristan."

Belina was about to respond when her comnlink suddenly began to beep, letting her know that someone was trying to get ahold of her. She pulled the comnlink and answered it.

"Belina here."

"Admiral, this is Security officer Alriana aboard the Ackbar. I called to inform you of the situation up here. The Ackbar was attacked by sith warships and was boarded. With help from the Mandalorians we were able to clear the ship of them but the ship is badly damaged. I'm going say that the Ackbar will need to spend sometime at a shipyard to undergo repairs. I feel that I should also inform you that the Enterprise arrived and was able to figure out a weakness on the ships before being destroyed. Landing craft filled with troops are leaving the ship as we speak."

Belina cursed. She had toured the Enterprise once and had thought she had a great crew. One more tragedy that the Sith would pay for.

"Keep me updated and if those ships show up again destroy them at all costs."

"Understood Admiral."

"No rest for the weary I guess."

Alriana patted him on the back as soon as she finished speaking with Belina. "Don't worry, as soon as this battle is done I think the Admiral will let us have a bit of a break while the Ackbar is in drydock. At least thats what I've heard from some of the crew. They say that she knows when the crew needs a break."
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #99
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tavaryn knew she was being friendly but he knew he couldn't take much more back patting. He deftly caught her hand in a gentle grip and said in a teasing voice, "Hey easy on the slugging. I don't need any more bruises than necessary." He smiled to ease any sense of guilt she may have.

"Belina always had a fair sense of play. It's why I decided to serve on the Ackbar," he added. He hadn't let go of her hand and just held it. "If I didn't know any better I would have said that Belina's assigning both of us here was done on purpose."

((Did the Katarn arrive too?))

The space battle reminded Haruka of Geonosis even though that was a ground battle. Battle was battle he guessed. They were similar in that their forces were outnumbered yet their side had the will to finish what they started and succeed. He reported, "Captain enemy ships are heavily damaged. Should we send boarding parties to obtaiin surrender?"

Caelos directed Kalla briefly in what to do as each of the commanders reported in. They had been working silently for at least twenty minutes. Silence was rewarding but in this case it felt stifling with the tension that was going on. He decided to get to the root of it before it affected battle. "The one who rushed to defend you has a promise mark. Is it for you?"

Meanwhile Lord Tristan had assumed his battle gear and was supervising the katarn caravans for the artillery. He spotted the Echleon 5 trooper and beckoned him over. He asked, "So you are created for the Republic yet you don't take orders from them?"

Old 03-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #100
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Andorra let the water course through the spaces in the fingers of her right hand, feeling the current tug at them. Slowly, she reached down deeper into the flowing eddies and felt something...happen. The water, instead of making its way around and through her hand, began to bend around it until there was a crater-shaped hole around the tips of her fingers. She was amazed...

"Cousin!" she cried. "Look! I don't know what's happening, but something is--!"
Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #101
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
((I thought the space battle over Avalon was over. And the Katarn did arrive.))

"If I didn't know any better I would have said that Belina's assigning both of us here was done on purpose."

Alriana shook her head. Knowing Belina, it was possible that she had done it on purpose. She may have looked at their records and decided they made a good team.

"I wouldn't put it past her. Belina is the Supreme leader of the Republic fleet and she does have a sense of humor. Its possible she saw our records and saw that we worked together in the past."

Avalon

The first wave of landing craft gently set down on Avalon's soil and troops began to pour out of them at once. The leader of the first wave immediatly spotted Belina and ran over to her and saluted.

"Admiral Belina. Jedi Haltra has sent down the first wave of troops and a second wave is being prepared. What are your orders?"

"Guard the area, and at the first sign of enemy movement alert me. I want scouts to go out ahead and find the enemy staging area. Report back to me once the staging sites are found."
Old 03-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #102
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tavaryn nodded while rubbign Alriana's hand in a massaging manner, deep in thought. Belina was clever and he had known her for quite some time. "Either that or she was trying to tell me something," he replied.

"Sir, the men have been assembled in the docking bay. Awaiting orders," Tariq commed.

Tavaryn sighed, "On my way." He stopped his massaging and looked at Alriana, "Care to join me or do you have duties here?"

Selene was confident her repair crew would get the job done and ordered her soldiers back to the ship. She was going down to the surface if it killed her. She saw that Tariq fellow that had jumped up to accompany her to the battle in the halls. He had been well trained by the Shinigami, executing the moves perfectly but with his own flare to it. It had impressed her to no end. She knew they were waiting for orders and decided to pass the time until the Shinigami got down there. She sauntered up and asked, "Waiting for your fearless leader?"

Tariq was a bit startled but replied, "Yes ma'am."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Head down and help out."

"Ah battle. A great test of character," Selene was having fun with this soldier.

"If you say so."

Taryn was the first to notice the crater hole that appeared at her fingertips. Now if only she can bring it up, he thought. Out loud he said, "Good, now try to bring it up."

He made a similar crater hole that she did and slowly had it spiral out of the hole into a long stream. "Bring it out like this."

Old 03-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #103
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Yes. We've been together for about two years now. Jedi don't really have anything similar, but it's only since the restoration of the Order that they've allowed relationships." Kalla explained. "It's more common nowadays, but there's still not much aside from a Jedi Wedding, and we're in no rush for that."

"We serve the Republic at our own discretion, and at times, we get our hands dirty on their behalf so they don't have to so much as acknowledge their involvement." Jareth clarified. "The Republic doesn't officially recognise the existence of our organisation."

Last edited by Alkonium; 03-21-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #104
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Care to join me or do you have duties here?"

Alriana turned to Koral who nodded. "I'll keep things together up here Jedi Haltra. Now that the ship is clear of sith and we can focus on repairs now that the enemy ships are gone."

She turned to Tavaryn and smiled. "Shall we get going? I think that they could use our help down there as soon as possible. And wait...what happened to that ship that the sith was using? Did we manage to get it?"
Old 03-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #105
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Tristian merely nodded politely. "Nonexistence must be beneficial in your line of work."

It was sheer politeness since this group of warriors may fight for the Republic but it was a possibility that the tables could be turned. He hefted a load of shot that was to be used by the catapault. It was heavy, even for an experienced artilllery man in the ranks but Tristian hefted it like it was nothing and handed it over. "Load up on that bull. Just attach the hooks."

Caelos nodded and replied, "Have you considered wearing one?" To make it clear, he added, "The promise mark is very significant to our people. I am curious if you understand what it means mainly because the maneuver he did, it was with an intent to kill."

Tavaryn smiled and stood up feeling better that he had at least a minute or two for a breather.

And wait...what happened to that ship that the sith was using? Did we manage to get it?"

Tavaryn reached for his comm. "Selene."

"Yeah what do want Shinigami?"

"Any word on that enemy Sith ship? The one that got away when you pulled in?"

"Give me a moment."

Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #106
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Avalon

"He explained it to me, but it didn't seem appropriate for me to get one, since I'm not Avalonian." Kalla explained. "But if his wearing one shows how much I mean to him, I suppose it's only right that I return the sentiment. First chance I get. Now, I'm going to need to speak with Lord Tristan about our plan of defence. Any word of Guardsmen being brought down from orbit?"

Perdition

"Lord Pestilus, we have arrived in orbit around Dromund Kaas. Your shuttle is standing by in Port Hangar Four. The Oblivion is a few minutes behind us." Commander Karath pointed out.

"Excellent. Instruct Lady Inferna to join me in the Council Chambers when she arrives." Darth Pestilus replied, leaving for the hangar.

Dromund Kaas, Sith Council

"The attack on Avalon was a success. Most of the major cities have been destroyed, along with one of the Republic's Star Destroyers." Darth Pestilus explained to the council.

"Excellent. Our spies in the New Empire have informed me that they have access to the data we need, and will transmit the moment we are ready." Darth Sykal added.

"And we will be when we have gained the trust of the Republic Senate. Everything is going as planned." Pestilus commented.

Last edited by Alkonium; 03-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #107
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Caelos smiled. He replied, "It would have been appropriate. He chose you and by wearing it, it signals to others that he is spoken for. Many sentients do not know how our people are especially after the Explorers ventured towards the Core Worlds ages ago. In fact, Lord Tristan's sister's husband was not from our world yet he is considered one of us."

Caelos paused to finish checking in the last commander. He then said, "Speaking of Lord Tristan, he is more likely supervising the artillery loading. His favorite animal is the katarn and he admires their strength and resilience. Come, we must give him the report." Caelos beckoned Kalla to follow. They walked along the river and past where Tonatius and Taryn were teaching Andorra to water bend.

Caelos commented, "A lost art here on Avalon but the water world is ripe with benders. Did you know that some of the tribesmen can been an element as well?"

The torpedo hit the debris that had been released but it provided good cover for the Chaser. At the last second, the pilot did a maneuver that dropped the ship downward at a 90 degree angle and an insane speed and it righted itself firing a couple of shots aimed right at the engines.

The captain was grinning at the thrill when the comm signaled from the Ackbar. It was Lady Selene. He said, "Still after Sith vessel. Looks like it might be heavily damaged. We'll keep at it till we get em."

Selene replied, "Good work. Out." She then signaled Tavaryn, "The Chaser is giving chase. and still at it."

Tavaryn replied, "Thanks." To Alriana he said, "Well looks like Slene's pilots will be having fun for awhile if this guy is that good." He then took the sleeve of her robe and tugged as he walked towards the turbolift.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #108
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Andorra tried to do as Taryn instructed, but the crater hole would not move. It simply dug itself in deeper around her hand, deeper and stronger. Why? You seem to think me unworthy, and you're being stubborn, she thought as if the water were a sentient being like herself. Yield to me! You're only waves and wetness, after all! She felt foolish for getting so angry.

All of a sudden, the hole dug too deep, making the water's current throw the Avalonian maiden off-balance. Righting herself quickly, she realized that her hair was now soaked. She sighed. "What now? I guess I fail this lesson."
Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #109
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Well looks like Slene's pilots will be having fun for awhile if this guy is that good."

"As long as they manage to get him. I'd like to see him in the brig until we can drop him off somewhere where he can never harm anyone again."

Alriana smiled as she ran after Tavaryn. She was looking forward to combating the sith forces on Avalon.

Varith snarled in anger as the ship that was chasing him managed to get right behind him and hit his engines, causing heavy damage to the ship. It was now or never. His nav computer was non-operational now and it looked like he would have to make a blind hyperspace jump. But he had one thing that most pilots did not.

The force.

Varith opened himself to the force and let it guide him as he pulled back the switch that would allow him to escape to hyperspace and hopefully arrive at his homeworld of cathar.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #110
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Well, he's not actually from here himself. His home planet is Tython, and he's half human." Kalla commented, resolving to discuss getting a promise mark of her own with Tonatius at the first opportunity. "So is Water Bending something that can be learned, or is it an ability one would have to be born with?" She asked.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #111
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Taryn resisted the urge to laugh knowing that it might hurt his cousin's feelings. He held the column of water up while he watched her get frustrated. Tonatius though was much more kinder. He said, "You are demanding it. You need to ask it. Water is like any other sentient. Threat and ordinary politeness have their own effects. It also knows its own forms better than the masters of water. Try again to connect but this time, be patient. Show water that you are willing to learn."

Caelos paused for a moment to think about his response. He then said, "Bending of the five elements can be learned but one must have a natural talent. There are those that can do it but it is only on a small scale. Past experiences affect the ability as well. So you could say that one is born with it. It does have a tendency to run in families.

"The element one bends is sometimes reflective of the planet they are born on or where their family comes from. Your promised one's mother is from Atzlan, the water world. Name so because there is only one large land mass while the rest of the planet is water. Those from that world are more likely to be a water bender." Caelos paused to see if Kalla understood what he was trying to explain, also to see if she had any questions.

The captain of the Chaser cursed as the damaged vessel made the jump into hyperspace. He didn't look forward to repeating his failure to Selene but it had to be done. He ordered his comm officer to hail her.

Tavaryn wasn't expecting the sight when he entered the hangar bay where his old ship was kept. His men were hiding behind several crates while trying not to look afraid and Selene was hopping mad. He sighed, too tired to be playing referee but since he was one of the few that could talk to her when she was in a temper, he might as well get it done and over with. He strolled as fast as his injuries would allow and asked, "Bad day Selene?"

Selene snarled, "Yes. Looks like we're going to have to go on a chase. Your Sith Jedi made a jump into hyperspace. How he did it I have no idea and I am pissed!"

Tavaryn stiffened a bit as he glanced at Alriana. He knew now that the dark Jedi had been after her to kill her. She was still a target, not a pleasant thing to be. "Well I guess we have to deal with it when he shows up again."

"And he will. When he does, he will not sully Clan Ordo again!" Selene shook a fist in the air, having calmed down enough to order her men inside her ship. "We'll meet you at the surface."

And not a moment too soon. Tavaryn ordered his men into his ship before turning to Alriana, "You okay about the dark Jedi escaping? It's not easy being a target."

Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #112
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"You okay about the dark Jedi escaping? It's not easy being a target."

Alriana shrugged her shoulders. "To be fair, I was a target back during Palpatine's jedi purge but this time I have people to watch out for me. If that dark jedi tries anything I know I'll have you and Belina and all the others to watch my back."

She turned toward one of the ships. "Shall we get going? I have a feeling that they'll need our help down there."

Dromund Kaas

Varith had a worried expression on his face as warning lights lit up. The hyperdrive was about to fail and if he didn't shut it down it would most likely blow up. He didn't know where he was but he would die here if he didn't shut down the hyperdrive.

He hit a series of controls and the ship suddenly appeared in real space. He breathed a sigh of relief and a smile appeared on his face only to disappear once he saw what was in front of him.

Two of the massive warships that had attacked the planet and the republic ship.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #113
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"A lot of Jedi were targets in those days," Tavaryn agreed. He led the way up the ramp of the ship and sealed the doors. He called to his comm, "Tariq, set a course for Avalon's surface and notify the Admiral."

"Aye sir."

Tavaryn turned towards Alriana and gave a slight smile, "Home sweet home eh?" He tentaively reached out and stroked her shoulder, "Don't worry about this Dark Jedi. If anything he'll probably be after me for interfering."

Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #114
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

The Avalonian newlywed nodded. "Agreed." Closing her eyes and focusing on the eddies and flow of the current around her, she meditated. "We seem to have 'gotten off on the wrong foot', as the saying goes," she gently told the water. "I'd like for us to try again, and this time I won't demand anything of you." Raising her arms up, she was surprised when a swirling column began to form around her. It was not threatening, however--merely a protective one.

"Is this supposed to be happening, Cousin?" she asked. "I feel secure here."
Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #115
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"It's a basic defense manuever," Taryn replied. He bended his column of water to create a protective barrier around him. His was much more fierce and seemed to have offensive defenses built in.

"Aye. The water column is defense," Tonatius explained. "You appealed to it to teach you. As with all lessons of combat, first lessons begin with defense. Continue speaking to it. Let is guide you."

Tonatius watched intently. He remembered when he and Taryn first learned. Their mother had taught them since their father was not familiar with it. Their father did know that something was up when he caught him playing a prank on Taryn by shooting water at him but being nowhere near him. Things were different then. Watching his cousin trying to learn the art of their family brought back those memories.

As he was standing there watching, the water around his ankles swirled, almost as if it were imitating his emotions. The swirling was rhythmic and deliberate, almost as if he were anticipating what his cousin would do next.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #116
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Avalon

"Have there ever been any non-Avalonians known to have this ability?" Kalla asked. Changing tone, she stated, "I don't think we should keep Lord Tristan waiting any longer. Jareth, how many other Echelon 5 operatives are there on the planet?"

"I can't say." Jareth replied, being as difficult as ever.

"Now really isn't the time for secrets! How many?" Kalla retorted, starting to lose her patience.

"Oh I agree, and the reason I can't tell you is because I don't know. Best way to keep secrets from reaching the enemy." Jareth pointed.

"Then how many are you aware of?" Kalla clarified.

"Around a dozen, not counting my own team of six." He then explained.

"Thank you." Kalla replied. "Now, I've been informed that we've got a legion of Guardsmen coming down from orbit, so we'll have strength in numbers eventually, but I'll need to know what other strength we have down here."

Oblivion

Despite orders from her master, Darth Inferna remained on board the Oblivion, keeping an eye on the Perdition as it underwent repairs, along with the rest of the Sith fleet. When Varith's ship came out of hyperspace, she immediately hailed it, and locked weapons.

"This is Darth Inferna, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith. Identify yourself, or share the fate of the RSS Enterprise."

Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #117
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Don't worry about this Dark Jedi. If anything he'll probably be after me for interfering."

Alriana smiled and shook her head. "Rest assured the next time we see him I intend to make sure he doesn't escape. I'll make sure he either dies or he spends time in a republic prison."

Alriana could feel him stroking her shoulder and smiled to herself. She leaned against Tavaryn and closed her eyes. "After we're done on the surface...There's something I want to talk to you about."

"This is Darth Inferna, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith. Identify yourself, or share the fate of the RSS Enterprise."

Varith knew that this particular time he was outmatched. His fighter was damaged, his compliment of proton torpedoes were gone and he was out-numbered by quite a bit. So he did the only thing he could.

He told the truth.

"My name is Varith. And I fought in the battle for Avalon. My fighter was damaged while fighting against republic forces and I was forced to make a blind hypersapce jump. For some reason I ended up here."
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #118
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Caelos replied, "Not that I know of but perhaps you should seek the loremaster when the battle is finished." He abruptly left to hand the report to Lord Tristan.

Tristan had finished the artillery supervision when Caelos approached. He read the report and said, "Good. I'll give the order to head out. Find the visitors and have them get to the keep. Inform the governor that we are on the way."

Caelos nodded and ran back to where Kalla and Jareth were. He said, "We need to round up your party. We are to head to the keep at Stone Bend. It borders the Jasilyn plains. There the Lady Governor and any warriors surviving will be there. Find your friends and meet back here. I'll round up transportation."

Without waiting for an answer, Caelos turned around and trotted off.

Tariq had never been to Avalon before and was quite unprepared for the sight. True the larger buildings had been destroyed but the beauty of the natural plant life was astounding. Despite the chaos and destruction, there was a calm about the planet. He was so caught up in his view that it took him a moment to realize that he hadn't requested a landing zone. He commed the admiral, "Wayfarer to Admiral Belina. Requesting permission to land over."

After the space battle, there was a need for troops on the ground. Haruka was in two minds about requesting permission to land on the surface. Sithspit. "Captain, requesting permission to go with a small contingent of ground troops to the surface."

It didn't take long for Tiye and Selene to meet up near the mountains that lay on the borders of the plains. It was convenient and a means to set up base camp. Tiye radioed to the Jedi Kaltas, "Tiye to Kaltas, we're here on the plains, recommend that you land near the keep."

Jun-la was relieved to see that the Ackbar was still there even though it was heavily damaged. She commed to the Ackbar, "Ebon Hawk to Ackbar, what's the situation?"

"Then I'll be there to watch your back...if Belina doesn't need me," Tavaryn replied.

When Alriana leaned against him, it startled him and it showed by the surprised look on his face that she couldn't see since her eyes were closed. It wasn't that he was adverse to physical contact, it just caught him off guard. Looking down at her, she seemed content and calm. Something that she would need before the battle.

"After we're done on the surface...There's something I want to talk to you about."

That felt like a loaded statement to his ears but he knew better than to jump the bridge before coming to it. He continued to stroke her shoulder to keep the soothing feeling along with the calm that he managed to conjure through the Force. He replied, "Whatever you want moi chroi."

He stopped stroking her shoulder and then said, "It'll be some time before getting to the surface. I'll be in the medbay doing some field dressings. Just take a breather." On an impulse, he dropped a gentle kiss on her head and turned to head to the medbay.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #119
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Thank you for being willing to work together, Andorra thought as the water column continued to surround her. I want to learn more.

Responding, the column spiraled higher and she felt an instinctive urge to flick her wrist. When she did so, a stream of water burst forth from its protective wall and lurched out toward Tonatius. However, his own column repelled the attack from Andorra's. Naturally, his would be the stronger, and the Avalonian wondered how she was ever going to be able to defend herself and fight against the Sith this way. What if they're too strong?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #120
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"It'll be some time before getting to the surface. I'll be in the medbay doing some field dressings. Just take a breather."

Alriana bowed her head after Tavaryn had kissed her on the head to hide her blush. "I'll see you on the surface Tavaryn. And I'm sure that we'll both come back alive."

"Ebon Hawk to Ackbar, what's the situation?"

Science officer Koral who was the most senior ranking member of the bridge crew left hit the comn button and answered. "We've been heavily damaged by sith warships but we should be able to make it back to a drydock with emergency repairs. As of now, there are no enemy ships left but I would still advise caution just in case they come back. They have weapons we've never seen before and they managed to destroy the Enterprise
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire