lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lego Monkey Island-themed speederbikes!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Admonisher
Rookie

Lego Monkey Island-themed speederbikes!

Anyone else think this is front-page-worthy news?

Source: the Flickr account of Orion Pax...
Admonisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Aububuh
Rookie

Oh wow, that's cool. I can just imagine Ben Whatsisname coming up right behind them.

Aububuh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
Snugglecakes

Current Game: Mata Hari
Mmm I should probably just shut up but I find this kind of thing extremely irritating
Snugglecakes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
purple_tentacle_

Dude thats awesome! I love them!!! And just curious but why do you find it irritating??

http://www.lucasforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=162626&dateline=12954  72528
"The Simple truth is that we've
lost control of our own borders,
and no nation can do that and survive"
-Ronald Reagan
purple_tentacle_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
skygoblin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglecakes View Post
Mmm I should probably just shut up but I find this kind of thing extremely irritating
It's a lot of brandstroking in one single picture no doubts, but you gotta admit it's a pretty sweet combo, eh?

skygoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Snugglecakes

Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related. At all. I love both. The first was responsible for much of the entertainment in my first 10 years, the latter for the next 10. But I've never ever thought to myself, hey you know what we need is Lego Monkey Island. It's just a kind of cheap & trashy marketing ploy. What's next? Grim Fandango Pokemon? It's stupid and the characters look like the 3D game versions with their stupid unnatural 3D hair, which I hate more than Osama Bin Laden

Last edited by Snugglecakes; 03-29-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Gabez

Reminds me a bit of the Lego Melee Island someone created -- you can see the photos here.

@Snugglecakes: Is it just the idea of lego being used for a license, then? Because they've been doing that for a long time! And properly commercial was well, whilst this is just some fan.
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related.
And I don't see how Lego and spaceships, or Lego and castles are in any way related, yet it didn't stop me from building a ton of them when I was a kid. Lego doesn't really have a storyline or characters, so it's not some bull**** crossover.

It can't really be a cheap marketing ploy if it's not done by, or with any funds from, a company...

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #9
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related. At all. I love both. The first was responsible for much of the entertainment in my first 10 years, the latter for the next 10. But I've never ever thought to myself, hey you know what we need is Lego Monkey Island. It's just a kind of cheap & trashy marketing ploy. What's next? Grim Fandango Pokemon? It's stupid and the characters look like the 3D game versions with their stupid unnatural 3D hair, which I hate more than Osama Bin Laden
You bloody misery. It's just a fun piece of fan art, it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing or anything like that. As a fan of Lego and a fan of Monkey Island I find it quite cute and cool.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
Haggis
Mojorator

I think some of the locations in the Monkey Island games would work great as Lego sets... the giant monkey head, Flotsam Town, the Plunder Island fort, Herman Toothrot's fort... just to name a few.

Haggis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
Snugglecakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik View Post
You bloody misery. It's just a fun piece of fan art, it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing or anything like that. As a fan of Lego and a fan of Monkey Island I find it quite cute and cool.
Haha! Ok fine, I probably am... I think it's more the fact that they are speeder bikes with Monkey Island branding than the fact that they are lego. I guess it could be fun to build some Monkey Island locations using Lego, or some Star Wars locations for that matter. But... yes it's the speeder bikes thing that grates me, and the Lego computer games, which may even be quite good but I still can't get my head around computer games based on Lego. This is the same as my dislike of modern retro cars like the Mini and VW Beetle and Fiat 500. Move on people! All those cars were great in their day, and if you loved them so much then buy an old one and lovingly restore it. But a modern version of them? Nah it's totally missing the point.

It may be a lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm bored.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #12
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

It took me a little too long to figure out this wasn't official Lego business.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
Edward van Helgen
Rookie

Current Game: Grim Fandango
I really love the little details like the q-tips and the chicken (with a pulley perhaps? )

and btw, does it really matter whether Star Wars or Monkey Island really 'fits' with lego? The whole point of lego is just to have fun, and this picture was made for FUN!

The seas and the weathers are what is;
your vessels adapt to them or sink.
Edward van Helgen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Lego Monkey Island-themed speederbikes!