lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta)

Revenge of Revan Demo (Beta)

1.08 gigs Zip (1.99 gigs unzip)

The mod is a sequel to The Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Sith Lords).

The game takes place 8 years after kotor2 where you will find the Jedi Order starting to rebuild as they find their place in the Republic that has been absent of the Jedi Order for some years.
An event on Corellia will set events in motion as you try to unravel this mystery before its too late.

RoR is a stand alone original story that allows you, the player, to continue your saga with whatever choices you made in kotor1 and kotor2 whether you use the canon setup or your own personal version.
The mod is a bridge between kotor2 and TOR. You will see cameos and interact with some former characters from kotor1 and kotor2, depending on your choice setup.

New Features:

Well over 50 PC heads including aliens with the ability to wear head gear.

Species optional based attributes setup.

Around 2 hours of gameplay

There is a new Lightsaber Creation system as well as the old looting/inventory system will be tweaked and allow more crafting. Also within the Lightsaber Creation System is a Progressive lightsaber/hilt system which will allow you to follow certain progression trees as you advance in levels and hilt design. This system will be user friendly and allow the player to switch from one progression tree to another with out a penalty.

A New Trust System which will be connected to the existing Influence system for kotor2. You will have moments to gain and lose Trust with party members. If you gain enough Trust then you will be able to Influence their alignment as seen in kotor2.

Dialogues will not be simple black and white in the area of receiving Dark Side and Light Side points. With the newly added motive feature the player can actually do something that is considered nice to manipulate a NPC and gain Dark Side points. The player will have a ( ) similar to when a player can show they are going to lie but in RoR you will have options in the ( ) for example: Diplomatic, Aggressive, Empower them/encourage, Manipulate/control. These will lead to dialogue that match your motive during the conversation.

With these new features and RoR's new NPCs, modeled and skinned by Redrob41, which not only include Party members but even mid to high level NPCs.

In the Demo some of these features are only introduced and not fully active based on story and game play layout. The next installment will see all of these functioning and being used through out the game on a larger scale.

--------------------------------------
Note:

This is a work in progress so not all the human VOs are in the game, there will be a VO patch released later.

This is a link for now till its reviewed and up at deadlystreams.
Enjoy!

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL DOC.

Moddb.com's download link
http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of...evan-demo-beta

Video/audio install direction is coming soon.

Logan23 (Tom)

Last edited by logan23; 08-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Christos K
Forumite

Should we give feedback here?

Anyways so far I have come across one bug with the Launcher. the X-axis is not set correctly so all the words such as Game, Register, Options, etc are too far to the left.
I looked at the Launcher configuration settings and they are all set to 49 when they should be 209 or 210.

Another bug or probably not a bug but just a curiosity killed the cat sort of thing, anyways when you go to the Holo News with the twilek and if you click on the option that says "something something something (not in beta)" the conversation ends and the twilek remains standing there. If you use the news thing again a new twilek and the previous one never disappears. (I am not sure if the previous one will disappear or not if you leave and reenter a area)

Last thing I found. May have just been a random crash, I was in the cantina and there is a guy in a Czerka outfit with his bodyguards if you try to talk to the hologram dancing twileks they are watching the game crashes. (Or at least it crashed for me)

Last thing which probably isnt a bug. At the beginning cutscene with the conversation between the General, Chancellor and Senator are they supposed to have voice overs cause I thought the music was a bit loud yet there was no dialog. Also that scene was running at a resolution which made it hard to read the dialog at the bottom.

Other than that I have had fun with it so far.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.

Last edited by Christos K; 08-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Feedback is always welcome, believe me....Experienced the same issues as ChristosK with launcher, opening cutscene dialog. Also, was able to talk to the trandosian exchange guy abot the droids before I even talked to the droids which are outside the cantina, maybe a larger trigger area or a conditional script on the exchange thug dialog.

Pretty good so far...just kind of started, but like the plot.

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Working Class Hero
Rookie

The high point for me is the skinning. Both the heads and the modules are beautiful.

However, like I told you on the chat, the writing is not up to the level. I'm curious as to whether any players were confused as to why the padawan was leading the convos on Correlia. I would think that this could be solved with the simple insertion of a few lines in the council scene saying that this will be the knighthood test of the padawan and that Drayen would not actively interfere....without those lines it seems like a plot hole, to me.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Well, the demo was amazing! I have to admit that was an interesting cliffhanger. I really didn't see it coming.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Show spoiler
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #7
Christos K
Forumite

One more thing I noticed. And this is a weird one cause I didn't know this could be a bug/problem.

As many of us should know during conversations the games goes into a widescreen/cinematic format with the top quarter and bottom quarter of the screen being devoted to the use of subtitles and dialog. However I noticed that sometimes, more frequently than normal the top quarter's black area disappears and you just see the dialog with whatever environment you are in behind it.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
moynal
Rookie

Would it be possible to take the character models and put them into TSL without installing Revenge of Revan? I also installed the mod yesterday and when I uninstalled it after the launcher my regular modded kotor 2 would crash.
moynal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Snard
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
One more thing I noticed. And this is a weird one cause I didn't know this could be a bug/problem.

As many of us should know during conversations the games goes into a widescreen/cinematic format with the top quarter and bottom quarter of the screen being devoted to the use of subtitles and dialog. However I noticed that sometimes, more frequently than normal the top quarter's black area disappears and you just see the dialog with whatever environment you are in behind it.
That can happen anytime. I know it happens to me even when playing the vanilla K2. It doesnt cripple gameplay or cause any problems so its best to just ignore it.

Snard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Lordjedi
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Class Hero View Post
Show spoiler
They aren't actually black boxes
Show spoiler
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moynal View Post
Would it be possible to take the character models and put them into TSL without installing Revenge of Revan?
I will be making some separate playable character mods at a later date, to be used with K2. There aren't any real DS transitions for them yet anyway .

Quote:
I also installed the mod yesterday and when I uninstalled it after the launcher my regular modded kotor 2 would crash.
I'm not sure why that would be (without more specific info from you), unless you haven't re-named all the files back to the original names. Try copying the files from the backup directory that was provided in the mod (they should be the un-modded TSL originals).

Just for future reference, here is the installation txt file:
Show spoiler

Logan, maybe you could add this to the first post, or would that be too many characters for the thread to allow in one post?

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Quote:
They aren't actually black boxes
hmm, that's odd because i think i did have 3 blank datapads before i talked to bao. I'll start another playthrough and see if it matters whether you talk to him first, or whether i missed one.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
WCH, your problem had me confused for a little while too.

Show spoiler

Feedback! If you don't like spoilers, don't open the spoiler tags!

Ok well I really enjoyed the demo. Just some thoughts...

-The bik movies did not play for me. I know I installed them correctly but they just wouldn't play. Didn't get an opening crawl either. Most likely just me having done something dumb.

-Love the droid in the beginning. Great voice, though some VO's did not match up with the dialog.

-I know the VO's aren't complete so the only thing I'll say that is that they often did not match up with the written dialog.

-There are lots of spelling errors and stuff which I'm sure will get polished. But there is the re-occuring ",..." which kind of bothers me

-
Show spoiler

-Immediately the uniqueness of Quan and Kyle struck me as being super awesome.

-I LOVE how everyone you see has their own name (reminds me of Elder Scrolls) and clothing/items equipped. It really makes it feel like a totally new place.

-You picked perfect modules for all the new areas. Really love the crash site, it fits perfectly.

-No DS/LS choices? I'm assuming it's just a limit of the demo because the skins aren't finished yet or something but still. There are supposed to be dynamic and unique choices and stuff so I'm really disappointed that we don't get to play with them a bit.

-More of a suggestion than feedback here. If party members like Quan have their own saber hilts, I really think you could benifit from giving party members like Uldir a custom weapon of their own. It wouldn't be hard to find an alread-made weapon that's suitable and all you'd need to get is the modder's permission. You could even use one of mine if you wanted

-Story, story, story! I love it! Totally different from anything I've played. Really keeping me wondering here!

-Weird dialogs, dunno how to put this. More times than one, combat starts and I get a dialog option. I pick it and I kind of get stuck between combat and dialog - it's very weird.

-Do I even need to mention all the character/robe/armor skins? They are so awesome.

-Did I end at the right spot??
Show spoiler

Overall I give it a B. I really enjoyed playing something new, but it just all wasn't there for me. I know it's a beta and I'm really looking forward to some great progress. I'm sure you're a ways into act 1 so as always good luck! Can't wait to play whatever comes next.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
moynal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
I will be making some separate playable character mods at a later date, to be used with K2. There aren't any real DS transitions for them yet anyway .

I'm not sure why that would be (without more specific info from you), unless you haven't re-named all the files back to the original names. Try copying the files from the backup directory that was provided in the mod (they should be the un-modded TSL originals).

Just for future reference, here is the installation txt file:
Show spoiler

Logan, maybe you could add this to the first post, or would that be too many characters for the thread to allow in one post?
I already added a few models using 2da editing but I can't get the heads from the models to show up as selectable by the PC at start-up.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
I already added a few models using 2da editing but I can't get the heads from the models to show up as selectable by the PC at start-up.
Moynal, I know people will try to edit 2da to try to get those heads into vanilla kotor2 but please don't voice it in the thread here or ask for help since your not suppose to be doing this publicly do to the permissions restriction mentioned in the readme txt file.

Redrob41 in time will release them as a mod. I would ask you to wait for that.

This is a RoR game asset. And these assets are not allowed in other people's mods.

Thank you

Logan

Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #16
moynal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Moynal, I know people will try to edit 2da to try to get those heads into vanilla kotor2 but please don't voice it in the thread here or ask for help since your not suppose to be doing this publicly do to the permissions restriction mentioned in the readme txt file.

Redrob41 in time will release them as a mod. I would ask you to wait for that.

This is a RoR game asset. And these assets are not allowed in other people's mods.

Thank you

Logan
Sorry I just thought that I could use them but not release them as a seperate mod. What I mean by that is that I thought I could use them in my "Vanilla" TSL game for personal use and not be violating your terms

Edit: If I have to I guess that I should wait for the mod release. Do you think the mod could come with those heads as selectable like the NPC ones?

Last edited by moynal; 08-16-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Apology and Question
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I just thought that I could use them but not release them as a seperate mod. What I mean by that is that I thought I could use them in my "Vanilla" TSL game for personal use and not be violating your terms
I understand you meant no harm.

Officially--your not allowed to use them in the vanilla tsl till redrob41 releases a mod for this, the transitions are not fully complete anyway.

Unofficially--there is no way from me stoping you from doing anyhing privately but this should not be discusses publically in the forums nor should you share this if you did do this since these are ment to be part of RoR and I don't want want people slicing out section of the game's assets and passing it around the community.

Thank you

Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
moynal
Rookie

Again I am sorry If I just screwed up very badly. I will not let this happen again.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Again I am sorry If I just screwed up very badly. I will not let this happen again.
You didn't screwup, don't worry about.
I know you meant no harm :-)

Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #20
logan23
Veteran

Hey guys there is a bug I'm working on fixing.

Do to where the bug is i will mention what is the issue in a spoiler
Show spoiler

I'm working on a fix right now will have one done either tonight or tomorrow night. Just want to give you guys a heads up that are playing the mod.

Logan

Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Just played through and I'm very impressed with the story can't wait to see more.

NOTE: I simply laughed when I heard the cantina music on Corellia...
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Jaevyn
Banned

Played it through, the storyline was ok, the spelling needs to be improved and the ambience and background story needs an overhaul. I give it a B. It's solid, but it needs some work.
Jaevyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #23
logan23
Veteran

I just released a Fix Patch 1.0 for RoR Demo

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of...ch-10-ror-demo

The Patch fixes the issue mention where the dlg would break if you control Uldir at the end of a key fight.

The Patch also resolves the confusion around finding the Black Boxes Quest. You will see a text pop up telling you have found a encoder/recording device which is the Black Box.

The Republic Scientist who will tell you to see Bao-dur even after he left the module has been resolved so there is another dlg shown after Bao Ėdur leaves.

I started to add more detail in descriptions of datapads and quest items along with changing the icon to the Calm plant item so you can not wear it. The Crystal used for the door has different icon and now can not be used as a lightsaber upgrade.

You can find it at moddb.com download section and later at Deadlystreams

The Next Patch will add VOs as well as tweak and polish some of the Demoís content.

This will include:
VOs
Re work of the assassin scene
Possible LS/DS options at 1 to 2 points in the Demo
And more to be announced as we closer to the Patchís release

Old 08-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
err,..its not at moddb or DS,..ya wanna shoot me that via email there,..bubby?

edit: ok nevermind, -got it from gamefront..

Last edited by Qui-Don Jorn; 08-27-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
DarthVisitor
Lurker

I'll be impatiently waiting for the full version of this mod. First off, respect for you logan and the whole team who is working on this mod. Can't imagine how many time you already spent on it and how many effort you put into this.

The only thing I can do to help you out is to give my feedback on this beta demo.

Sadly we didn't get to experience all the new gameplay content in the dialogs you invented. The means to manipulate like a true Sith gets me on. K1 and TSL lacked it... You could be only openly moronic evil which is rather pathetic.

Onto my feedback (I'll hide it as it may contain spoilers):

Story:
I'm not a script wrtier and can't say I know anything about creating plots. The story of this mod seems believable for SW universe and is introduced really nice. I got the hang of what's going on really quickly. The holonews are great idea and helps a lot in this.
I'm only talking about this demo mod ofc, I don't have any idea what might happen next.
I would be more worried about those smaller happenings and dialogs in them. Those need polishing imho. Tho it might be a little too late for that.
Show spoiler

Characters introduced:
The ones introduced aren't as unique as those of K1 and TSL in look and characters but once you play some time you will get to like them. Quan is a big plus imho. I've been reading its pain in the ass to model heads so I didn't expect anything out of space yet I liked some cosmetic changes and reskins.

Gameplay of the demo content:
First of I must admit I felt that no matter what I say in dialogs the game follows one road. But that's just the beginning so I can't say anything more.
Like I mentioned before, we only got notified that we will be able to use light side or dark side means in dialog to either manipulate or encourage and some other options. We weren't able to test it. That's a shame imho.

I played only human and got humans in party so I don't know about those 'race feats/bonuses'.

Great job with the new content such as playable alien races. I was a little scared by the early screenshot but in game they look cool.

Credits.
Show spoiler

Items. Well, there were none besides quest items.

Biggest flaws are dialogs.
Show spoiler

Another thing.
Show spoiler

Technical problems/bugs I encoutered:
Show spoiler

Cosmetic/Taste flaws (rather personal opinion):
Show spoiler

Movie:
Show spoiler

Think that's all I wanted to share with... Hope it might be of any help. Now, I know it may look like I'm only seeing the negative things but it's different around! I really like the demo mod and I can't wait to play the full thing. Good luck and good job so far!

Last edited by DarthVisitor; 08-30-2011 at 02:03 PM.
DarthVisitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #26
storm-rider
Rookie

Current Game: A variety
When can we expect the full version?
storm-rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #27
Phildevil

Damn, leave the man a chance! He just released a demo. If you want an answer to your question, try the demo and ask yourself what would be left to do, if you were the developer (I'm sure trying the beta/demo will give you an insight!)
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

Quote:
When can we expect the full version?
The full game will not be out for sometime. It takes time

@DarthVisitor,

Thanks!
I'm glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the feedback.
I can only respond to the non spoilers here...

With the dialogue- we plan to add more PC choices but since you are a padawan with your Jedi master there..you can't go all evil..just be a jerk. This is done on purpose so when later...when you have the options to be the dark Jedi ..you can feel a difference and change... just as the Character is feeling the freedom so does the Player...

Dialogue will be fix and updated.

Giving the player credits is just to give you starting money since it felt natural the player would have some cash on them verses making the player steal their first blank # of credits.

The NPC's names will be continued except NPCs like general soldiers... but we will look for ways to make sure you can tell who is a merchant from just looking over the landscape of the city.

Technical bugs-

I'm going to look into a few of them but I know some of them are caused where you didn't have all the party members active in the scene.

This is something that i assumed players would not remove them and run around with just one of them or alone....options are to either lock it so you can not remove them or add to read me to keep all party members active or dialogue scenes might not work -causing bugs.

But some of the other ones which are not dlg related..I will look into those

In Act1 this is not an issue as much since the dialogues are created and seen as if the player might have different NPCs so they are designed different.

Logan

Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 AM   #29
KKPAC
Lurker

Can't believe I found this mod again! I remember when this was just an idea Logan posted many years ago, it was probably only a few months ago but, you get my meaning.
I will now spend all my available resources on buying TSL and downloading this demo.
KKPAC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #30
storm-rider
Rookie

I seem to be having issues with the in game speech, some of the characters dont speak, for example in the beginning when you first talk to liana she doesnt actually speak, and then master dylan looses his voice when he congratulates her, kyle also looses his voice.

Is this intentional for the demo or is it a bug?
Im playing it on a modded version of TSL
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #31
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
I seem to be having issues with the in game speech, some of the characters dont speak, for example in the beginning when you first talk to liana she doesnt actually speak, and then master dylan looses his voice when he congratulates her, kyle also looses his voice.

Is this intentional for the demo or is it a bug?
Im playing it on a modded version of TSL

This is not a bug. There are only a small number of human VOs in the Demo.

A VO patch will be out later that will fill in the rest.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #32
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

I have some feedback and a couple of suggestions:

The Jedi Temple:
Show spoiler

Corellia:
Show spoiler

The Correllian Jungle:
Show spoiler

The Republic Starship:
Show spoiler

There might be a ton of criticism in those spoilers, but I really did LOVE the game! It was really clear the amount of time and effort you put into the mod, and it was really awesome.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX

Last edited by Anakin_Xisali; 09-05-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #33
logan23
Veteran

@Anakin_Xisali

The Tedi Temple scene will see some re working so expect to see a different version in Act1. The scene you mention with the kyle is also getting some polish so it flows better.

The memorial being up so fast,....Hutts got money and all it is a generic memorial which has been programmed with the names of the dead and missing, updated on a constant bases.

The Hotel will be open to explore in your next visit to the planet.

The blade weapon you get when Uldir joins is not suppose to happen,...been trying to find where and how its being added..its a mystery to me.

Corellian jungle- The kolto tanks are there because in all disasters we all hope someone survived. It is human/alien nature to place devices that could save a life to not have it there...would be political suicide.

Spoiler
Show spoiler

Thanks for the feedback!

Logan

Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #34
storm-rider
Rookie

Just finished the demo and i must say it was amazing, although a few parts were a bit predictable

Once all the VO's are finished it'll give it the final touches

Although some cutscenes need some work, mainly the first one where the station is destroyed.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #35
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

@Logan23

The kolto tank thing I was kind of expecting, I just didn't get why they had them, if they knew no one survived. As soon as you said "politics" it all started making sense.
Ah, The scene with Drayen now makes sense to me too. the "wavy dlg effect" you mentioned I either didn't notice because I wasn't paying attention or my stupid computer doesn't let me go over 2x resolution.
(Side note: Although my mind must contain the full schematics of a Republic starship, because I was able to get out of the room and explore the ship. Then again, I'm a Kalzerian, so not too many people know much about us. )

EDIT: The republic starship thing you might want to fix, not only because there's no way you could know the full way around one of the levels, but also because it's the Harbinger, and the map is still labeled with the TSL markings.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #36
JediRevan1
Lurker

I am trying to play this mod but I keep getting stuck in something the map calls a blue room. This happens whether I fight Kyle or not. The door to the holding cell opens and my character says "So this is how it begins..." and I get sent to an inescapable blue room with several people who don't speak to me.
JediRevan1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #37
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediRevan1 View Post
I am trying to play this mod but I keep getting stuck in something the map calls a blue room. This happens whether I fight Kyle or not. The door to the holding cell opens and my character says "So this is how it begins..." and I get sent to an inescapable blue room with several people who don't speak to me.
I think that's the end of the demo... it's not very clear though which sucks.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
I am trying to play this mod but I keep getting stuck in something the map calls a blue room. This happens whether I ........(please don't mention spoilers..can you edit your post to just remove that point... The door to the holding cell opens and my character says "So this is how it begins..." and I get sent to an inescapable blue room with several people who don't speak to me.
The Blue room is the module you go to after the credit/ ie the Demo is over.

The blue room is there because I could not get the game to send you back to the start menu so i had to place you in a empty room. sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
(Side note: Although my mind must contain the full schematics of a Republic starship, because I was able to get out of the room and explore the ship. Then again, I'm a Kalzerian, so not too many people know much about us. )

EDIT: The republic starship thing you might want to fix, not only because there's no way you could know the full way around one of the levels, but also because it's the Harbinger, and the map is still labeled with the TSL markings.
It is not designed for you to go beyound the one scene in the ship. That area is not complete that's why when you did the cheat to go back and walk around it was an early stage version there.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #39
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

@logan23

I did not do a cheat. As soon as I saw Drayen, I paused, turned the camera, unpaused, clicked on the door and ran away. Drayen only makes a move to follow me if I come back to where I started, which I eventually have to, because other than a few broken items, components, and chemicals, there is nothing to do/collect on the ship.

I recently found yet another problem related to the get-out-and-explore-Harbinger thing, I can do the same thing with the scene with Nindo, Kaila, and Uldir. That's a bigger problem, because if somebody does it, they will not get Kaila or Nindo in their party, as it will automatically trigger the end of the Demo. (Not sure what it will do in the full game, but just to be safe, maybe make the scene trigger inhumanly fast, so there is no chance to do that.)

-AX
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #40
vadess40
Lurker

Current Game: Pokemon Black
OK, I just played the demo and I loved it! You guys are truly experts in modding. If I were Bioware and/or LucasArts, I would have hired you to do KOTOR III. I do have one source of feed back. The font colour that appears over the characters need to be darkened a little bit as when I was going through Corellia it was impossible to read their names. It might be better to leave the GUI font colours as blue or green, like in KOTOR I and II, so that people can read while on different planets!
vadess40 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta)