lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Shatterpoint
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Ogriv83
Rookie
 
Ogriv83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
Shatterpoint

In Shatterpoint we see Mace Windu begin to doiubt and question himself and his beliefs. My question is how close do you think he came to succumbing to his inner demons.

I mean Deepa Bilaba his padawan for aprox 10 years succomb in what i belive was a few short months so obviously Harrun Kal's jungl had an effect on Jedi but just how close did Mace come to as Deepa put it "Going Sane"
Ogriv83 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
This is most likely non-canon now anyway because of TCW.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,182
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
This is most likely non-canon now anyway because of TCW.
How exactly?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
How exactly?
It's not exactly hard to figure out considering that a number of novels set during the events of the Clone Wars have been rendered non-canon/moot/redunant/etc. I thinK Kathy Tyers is the best example iirc. Then there's Coruscant Nights that takes place after the clone wars but the fate of one of the central figures was affected by the almighty "T-Canon"-ness of the cartoon show so more or less writing that novel series as never happened.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,182
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
It's not exactly hard to figure out considering that a number of novels set during the events of the Clone Wars have been rendered non-canon/moot/redunant/etc. I thinK Kathy Tyers is the best example iirc.
I never saw any statement saying novel X or Y is now non-canon. But I'll be happy if you could point me out one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Then there's Coruscant Nights that takes place after the clone wars but the fate of one of the central figures was affected by the almighty "T-Canon"-ness of the cartoon show so more or less writing that novel series as never happened.
Are you talking about Even Piell? Well, now it's explained why isn't he in the Jedi Council on RotS. And the novel is not considered non canon, only waiting to be retconned.

Anyway, how exactly is Shatterpoint non canon again?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I never saw any statement saying novel X or Y is now non-canon. But I'll be happy if you could point me out one.



Are you talking about Even Piell? Well, now it's explained why isn't he in the Jedi Council on RotS. And the novel is not considered non canon, only waiting to be retconned.

Anyway, how exactly is Shatterpoint non canon again?
You need only continue watching The Clone Wars to see for yourself what future rets will take place.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,182
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
You need only continue watching The Clone Wars to see for yourself what future rets will take place.
No arguments then. Expected.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 460
I seriously wonder how Georges can conceive TCW series as being canon. Then again, Jar Jar is supposedly canon, too, so... But still, the Ashoka buisness is not serious! Just take a look at the first EU book series ever: Zahnn's Dark Force Rising. Can you even begin to imagine the impact? I mean, Darth Vader did kill just about all of the Jedi. What happens to his apprentice? Does he spare her (so she may return in Star Wars Unleashed III )? And you have to know that most books tend to integrate the rest of the star wars lore in them (just read Zahnn and then Stackpole, his biggest chum). Imagine if they had to adapt Thrawn's trilogy to integrate Ashoka. That would be so lame. There is one conclusion: Ashoka must die. Also, about the clone war, look what they did to the Mandalorians... What's with this guirly Duchess of Mandalore? I would picture her as a strong person, one that is cold and calculating. Instead, we get a weak emotional character. Seriously, Shatterpoint was a complex book and added a lot of depth to Star Wars. TCW? It is just a 3d kids show with a weak story. Let's face-it, story-wise, the 6 films were quite simple. George's strength lies in visual effect. But while the story was simple, it also was strong. TCW is just a sad excuse to make more profit.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,182
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
I seriously wonder how Georges can conceive TCW series as being canon. Then again, Jar Jar is supposedly canon, too, so... But still, the Ashoka buisness is not serious! Just take a look at the first EU book series ever: Zahnn's Dark Force Rising. Can you even begin to imagine the impact? I mean, Darth Vader did kill just about all of the Jedi. What happens to his apprentice? Does he spare her (so she may return in Star Wars Unleashed III )? And you have to know that most books tend to integrate the rest of the star wars lore in them (just read Zahnn and then Stackpole, his biggest chum). Imagine if they had to adapt Thrawn's trilogy to integrate Ashoka. That would be so lame. There is one conclusion: Ashoka must die. Also, about the clone war, look what they did to the Mandalorians... What's with this guirly Duchess of Mandalore? I would picture her as a strong person, one that is cold and calculating. Instead, we get a weak emotional character. Seriously, Shatterpoint was a complex book and added a lot of depth to Star Wars. TCW? It is just a 3d kids show with a weak story. Let's face-it, story-wise, the 6 films were quite simple. George's strength lies in visual effect. But while the story was simple, it also was strong. TCW is just a sad excuse to make more profit.


Am I the only one who has a hard time understanding that post?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 460
Oooh, that is sad. What would you like me to clarify for you? Anyhow, my post is merely a critic about the TV series of Clone Wars, if that was unclear to you, though I wonder how that could be...
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,182
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Oooh, that is sad. What would you like me to clarify for you? Anyhow, my post is merely a critic about the TV series of Clone Wars, if that was unclear to you, though I wonder how that could be...
I know that your post is a critic about the series. I only don't get what exactly are you criticizing.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 460
Well, I guess you probably know that when Star Wars authors write a novel, they have to take into consideration what has already been written by others (and themselves, of course). In this regard, they are somehow limited in what they create. And of course, you know that the Star Wars movies have been modified in content (what with the who shot first debate and all). So the critic is about if they re-edited not only the films, but also the books (in this case, more precisely to fit the Clone Wars story). Of course, I know they did not do it, yet. But I'd hate for that to happen. Does that make-it any clearer to you?
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Shatterpoint

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.