lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: picture forever frozen. problems with mac
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
sova
Lurker

picture forever frozen. problems with mac

I use a mac-version of grim fandango, which came out pretty new. I share a lot of roblems with others from the forum (screen freezes, sound goes off, charly didn't give me the vip-tix..) however, i didn't give a ****, because it was easy to just save and reload in just a few seconds, and it worked perfectly after.

Now I'm stuck in year 4 - Manny and Glottis are back in Rubacava to pick up their ride. When I enter the blue casket it gets impossible for me to leave. Plus, i can not enter the kitchen: Manny disappears through the doors, but nothing appears. i have tried interacting, (in case it's just the screen turning crazy) doesn't work.

Plus, i tried to download a gamesave.. but i have no clue how to integrate it into this mac-programme.

Maybe there is some way out of this? I use a pretty new mac (pro). I appreciate any kind of help, couldn't find anything smilar in other threads... or does anyone have a simlar problem?

Last edited by sova; 10-27-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: i wanted to add something
sova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Longcat

Try using the mac build of Residual to play it instead:
http://residual.sourceforge.net/downloads/

What do you mean by "mac version of Grim Fandango that came out pretty new"? I don't know of any recent re-releases.. link?
Longcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
sova
Lurker

Thanks, good link, but I'm trying to avoid the PC-Version, I have an original, but it's far from the city I'm at.. Plus, I'd have to play the whole thing again. I'm not sure where this mac-dmg version comes from though, I got the file from someone else. I'll research.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Longcat

Sounds like a pirated game running wine or the likes. It might well be that you are playing the pc version already. Buy the game.
Longcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
sova
Lurker

I already have, it's just difficult to access, so I tried to find alternatives. I guess I'll have to stick with..waiting. savegames for mac are just impossible. thanks anyway
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > picture forever frozen. problems with mac