lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: LOOM problem #2 (steam version)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
MrAlphaNumeric
Lurker

LOOM problem #2 (steam version)

In the intro, the messenger nymph is not shown flying out from the village toward Bobbin, as in the original version. Instead, after the Loom title screen it pans to the village and suddenly cuts away to a frame of the hill for a second and then instantly goes to the nymph dialogue scene.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by MrAlphaNumeric; 08-24-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Changed question.
MrAlphaNumeric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
icanntspell
Lurker

Yes, it's seems to be a bug in the scumm interpreter.
icanntspell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
Alex IDV
Rookie

I'd recommend picking up a used copy of Loom on Ebay and playing it in ScummVM. I don't like the Steam version very much at all.
Alex IDV is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #4
icanntspell
Lurker

The steam version is exactly the same as the original, except for the interpreter. I have a patch on my site to make ScummVM compatible with the steam version which enables you to use the superior ScummVM interpreter instead of the Steam one. Safes you a couple of bucks
icanntspell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > LOOM problem #2 (steam version)