Thread: Early Game Access will be up to 5 days
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Early Game Access will be up to 5 days

Since pre-order information was released, fans have been speculating on how long early access to Star Wars: The Old Republic would be. Stephen Reid has said in the past that it will be a matter of days, not weeks. Now we know that the earliest players with pre-orders will receive access is 5 days in [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I pre-ordered within the first 2-3 minutes, but it will take at least 3 days to download (30 GB +), so why 5 days? everyone has to download for early access, and unless you live in Korea, a majority of that time will be spent in the loading screen.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I pre-ordered within the first 2-3 minutes, but it will take at least 3 days to download (30 GB +), so why 5 days? everyone has to download for early access, and unless you live in Korea, a majority of that time will be spent in the loading screen.
That's a good point, I didn't even think of that. I would hope their servers are extremely fast, but at the same time a lot of people will be downloading at once. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I believe theres around 750,000 pre-orders so far, I know not all will be allowed access in the 15th (That is determined by your pre-order date) but thats still a hell of a lot of leechers hehe. I foresee server crashes.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

I would hope it is handled like pre-loading from Steam, where you can start the download before the 5 days, but from what I've seen of Origin so far, I wouldn't count on it.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
DAWUSS

I guess this is going to be another classic case of "good things coming to those who wait"
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Rather, good things come to those who have the best connection...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Well like Mav said, hopefully there will be pre-loading. Pretty sure there was for Battlefield 3 which is Origin-only.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Early Game Access will be up to 5 days