lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [K1]Soldier Skin Comparison?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
[K1]Soldier Skin Comparison?

This was posted by me on another site. I have said before I disliked the soldiers clothing default skin, so I changed it up again, from a previous, also quite bad re-skin of mine, which I wasn't happy with. I have been trying to get back into modding, so while going through K1, I hope to address.....'stuff'.

Quote:
I also made new skins for the solider class because I HATED the old ones. Idk if anyone else feels the same. I gave them a grittier feel, I hope.
Mine:
Show spoiler

Old:
Show spoiler

Thoughts?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Definitely an improvement dude. I've always hated the seemingly lack of quality of textures in this game. I don't know if it was just the time of release and the inability to do higher quality verses disk space or if they just didn't put a lot of effort in it.

Regardless, great job chief.
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by harIII View Post
Definitely an improvement dude. I've always hated the seemingly lack of quality of textures in this game. I don't know if it was just the time of release and the inability to do higher quality verses disk space or if they just didn't put a lot of effort in it.

Regardless, great job chief.
Thanks, I agree, there are definitely a lot more textures in this game that seem if they were rushed and made lazily, this company is capable of great textures and models, and in KotOR they failed to deliver on that part.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
the_raven
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor, JKA, SWTOR
I'd make it red-black, like the republic uniform, or just black, but whatever works for you
the_raven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Oh goodness, that old one is horrid. Definitely an improvement, HK!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Dirtnose
Rookie

It's definitely an improvement over the default soldier kit, I have never been a fan of that kit, I really like the design of yours, however the colour scheme of black and grey looks very Sith like to me.

I would try a more republic themed skin, seeing as that's the side our character is on, although I saw you said you were going for a grittier feel, so I don't know how you feel about the brighter red/orange republic colours.

Last edited by Dirtnose; 02-23-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Dirtnose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [K1]Soldier Skin Comparison?